Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Goku is 43/44 years old right now, since he was born in 736 (Jaco retcon) or 737 (original date).

By shonen standards, he's really old.

By shonen hero standards, he is essentially an ancient cthonic being who will one day eat all that is and ever will be to end it all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cran
Mar 23, 2011
Keeping in mind he's spent eight years of that time being dead, though also no less than two years in time chambers. I seem to recall reading somewhere Saiyans don't show sigsn of aging until something like 80?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
goku's also got god energy flowing through him now so who knows how that'll affect the aging process

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Cran posted:

Keeping in mind he's spent eight years of that time being dead, though also no less than two years in time chambers. I seem to recall reading somewhere Saiyans don't show sigsn of aging until something like 80?

End of the DBZ manga, Vegeta says someting similar (though not the specific age) hen Bulma asks angrily why they don't show signs of aging.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jul 23, 2017

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

But the real question is, what are the Kamikaze Fireballs up to?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

a cartoon duck posted:

But the real question is, what are the Kamikaze Fireballs up to?

We saw a shot of Brianne during this episode, she still hasn't transformed.

Maybe their transformations take 47 minutes.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Aurora posted:

Haha yeah wanting gay relationships is definitely goony/reddit/whatever the gently caress

gay goon: I want representation of people like me in the media enjoy

aurora: YOU AUTISTIC gently caress

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

you are mocking someone who agrees with you

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I just assume everyone who posts in this thread is brain damaged to some degree

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

turn on your monitor

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Stairmaster posted:

I just assume everyone who posts in this thread is brain damaged to some degree

Stop projecting unto others.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Kale and Brocoli are in the same family of vegtables, no?

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Covok posted:

Kale, Broccoli, Cabbage, and Cauliflower are actually originated from the same plant. They're just harvested from different varieties that have been bred to have increased growth of the specific sections.

Gruckles fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jul 23, 2017

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Covok posted:

So are radishes, cauliflower, and all sorts of cabbage, including napa cabbage.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
So hyped for U6's shadow members being revealed as Bruce and his good friend Rabbi

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

When I was a 10 year old girl watching the original Funi dub, I first started paying attention during the Namek saga and the only females were turbobitch Bulma and turbonag Chichi. (I know Bulma was much more than that before in Dragonball and afterwards in future sagas, but on Namek that sums up her role). All I wanted as a little girl was to see a female kick some rear end on this punchman show, too.

Seeing Kale kick rear end made my inner child squeal in joy and I really hope lots of little girls around the world got to feel the way I wanted to decades ago.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
Well just wait, Pan will kick rear end kinds of rear end. She'll probably reach SSJ2 by age 7 or something. She won the genetic lottery by being Gohan's daughter, plus Videl was quite powerful for a human. And with Mr. Satan as her cool grandpa manager, nothing will stop her.

Plus, she was part of Goku's SSJ God ritual, which has gotta count for something. They could use it as an excuse to give her Blue the time she's a teenager. Basically, she should be even stronger than Caulifla.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

lezard_valeth posted:

So hyped for U6's shadow members being revealed as Bruce and his good friend Rabbi

Appearance wise, U6 saiyans *are* sprouts.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Black Goku Time Travel Explained

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I find it funny how Black and Zamasu's heads look so glued onto their torsos.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Covok posted:

Black Goku Time Travel Explained

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTsr_u1E1c8&t=375s

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Jedah posted:

Well just wait, Pan will kick rear end kinds of rear end. She'll probably reach SSJ2 by age 7 or something. She won the genetic lottery by being Gohan's daughter, plus Videl was quite powerful for a human. And with Mr. Satan as her cool grandpa manager, nothing will stop her.

Plus, she was part of Goku's SSJ God ritual, which has gotta count for something. They could use it as an excuse to give her Blue the time she's a teenager. Basically, she should be even stronger than Caulifla.

That's if the series goes past EoZ. Which I seriously hope it does (isn't there a gap between EoZ and GT's beginning that they can squeeze more midquel adventures out of?)

The only other Pan we have is GT Pan :barf:

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SdwrQRERtQ

Pan beating up Future Trunks. Age: infant

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I hope they just redo the End of Z and redo the GT stuff with their new writing team, they seem to have a much better idea of how to do Dragon ball right now than they did back then.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Mordaedil posted:

I hope they just redo the End of Z and redo the GT stuff with their new writing team, they seem to have a much better idea of how to do Dragon ball right now than they did back then.

GT-Neo with SSJB Pan and SSJ3B Gotenks and SHJG Uub.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mordaedil posted:

I don't want to see Android 17 dragged away from his family. :(

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

extra row of teeth posted:

The only other Pan we have is GT Pan :barf:

Yeah, bad times indeed.

Now we have Pan powering up and flying around the globe, no biggie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBPbyzu0DUA&t=17s

Technically, she already survived a life-threatening illness and was healed by a wish.

Baby's first zenkai boost. :ssj:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

If they do eventually timeskip and get to the time period where GT occured, I'd rather see them do entirely new stuff than just redo GT storyarcs with SSJ Blue and Goku being an adult instead of a kid, or whatever. Let GT just kind of fall away into the same realm as the movies where it gets used as source material for the games, maybe inspires a few little things in the main show, but is otherwise just it's own thing

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Kelp Plankton posted:

If they do eventually timeskip and get to the time period where GT occured, I'd rather see them do entirely new stuff than just redo GT storyarcs with SSJ Blue and Goku being an adult instead of a kid, or whatever. Let GT just kind of fall away into the same realm as the movies where it gets used as source material for the games, maybe inspires a few little things in the main show, but is otherwise just it's own thing

Shadow Dragon arc needs to happen.

The concept is just brilliant and GT loving it up will blow historian's minds for centuries to come

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Just do a Super Shadow Dragon arc

Covok
May 27, 2013

Baby saga is now about Baby Pan having a temper tantrum.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I like how in every reaction video everyone goes apeshit crazy with glee when Kale owns Goku and then go "loving Goku!" when he crashes the potential Hit vs Jiren fight.

Makes me happy to see so many people on board of the "Not Goku's Show"

...but then you have so many other's butthurt people whining over Kale overpowering SSB's Kamehameha, and it's those idiots that generally end up getting listened to by Toei or Toyotaro.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Japanese fans don't seem to mind either of them, at least going by the amount of art they get on pixiv, so I wouldn't worry. Follow the money and all.

Yeah, eight pages of Caulifla when she's only been in a handful of episodes.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jul 24, 2017

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Caulifla is also Goku.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Personally, I think this show needs more versions of Goku hanging out and having a good time.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

lezard_valeth posted:

...but then you have so many other's butthurt people whining over Kale overpowering SSB's Kamehameha, and it's those idiots that generally end up getting listened to by Toei or Toyotaro.

Why do you think they listen to them when pretty much everything they do directly screws with these people?

This is the best time to poo poo on those fans because they get shat on significantly.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Mordaedil posted:

Why do you think they listen to them when pretty much everything they do directly screws with these people?

This is the best time to poo poo on those fans because they get shat on significantly.

I wouldn't say that. Rather, it seems current Dragon Ball attempts to please both sides: the anime gives us other characters being cool and power levels mattering less than actual fun, while the manga is there for the power levels-obsessed part of the fandom that only wants Goku succeeding while everyone else fails or disappears.

I don't want to see what Toyotaro will do to this tournament.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Oh goddamnit, did Team Four Star get hit by a copyright strike again?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I was totally right about Caulifla being the U6 version of Goku

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Fargin Icehole posted:

Oh goddamnit, did Team Four Star get hit by a copyright strike again?

Looks like it, but that happens all the time. They'll be back up eventually.

Off the subject but I kind of hope there is a timeskip eventually, if only to knock GT out of the running all together (though technically it was never canon to begin with as far as Toriyama was concerned). That said, GT did have a few decent concepts here and there that might be interesting to see handled by a competent writing team.

Making Pan something other than an annoying brat would be good too (though they're welcome to bring her actress from GT back for another round if they want).