Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I am so loving hype for U6 Saiyans, you have no idea. Caulifla and Kale are my favorite characters in this show by far :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
It's almost too bad Goku is going to get erased and the rest of the series will follow Kale, Caulifla, Cabba, and Bota Magetta.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Ammat The Ankh posted:

It's almost too bad Goku is going to get erased and the rest of the series will follow Kale, Caulifla, Cabba, and Bota Magetta.

Is....is Hit going to die, and they won't use the Super Dragon Balls to revive him? :ohdear:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Is....is Hit going to die, and they won't use the Super Dragon Balls to revive him? :ohdear:
Given the amount of work that's gone into these characters I expect most of them will survive in some form.

I don't know what that form will be.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Nessus posted:

Given the amount of work that's gone into these characters I expect most of them will survive in some form.

I don't know what that form will be.

In a very depressing form. The ones that fought in the ToP and lost will be erased. Any potential wish back will just bring perfectly real copies of a time before the ToP.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i havent watched super in months but as a lesbian it is my expert, irrefutable opinion that that one girl is gay as gently caress

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

good

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Crabtree posted:

In a very depressing form. The ones that fought in the ToP and lost will be erased. Any potential wish back will just bring perfectly real copies of a time before the ToP.
That's like standard-class depressing in tyool 2017. You're gonna need to come up with some higher form of despair.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Nessus posted:

That's like standard-class depressing in tyool 2017. You're gonna need to come up with some higher form of despair.

Nah, I was just remembering how they handled Future Trunks and Mai living in a new slightly less poo poo alternate Future Timeline.

Endorph posted:

i havent watched super in months but as a lesbian it is my expert, irrefutable opinion that that one girl is gay as gently caress

Kale gay if you want and I don't care as long as that poor girl gets some confidence and feels better about her shy gay or not gay self.

Minion of Freya
Jan 2, 2017
This was an amazing episode but it's looking more like this tournament might get played straight with the losers wished back at the end.

I can sympathize with people wanting Vegeta to go back to being an even rear end in a top hat. But there's a middle road where he does it while still protecting his family. So let's say the tournament breaks down because poo poo gets too real. Only two fighters each left from universes 6, 7, and 11. Cabba and Hit, Goku and Vegeta, Toppo and Jiren. Goku, Hit, and Jiren team up to take on the Angels while Vegeta Toppo and Cabba break off to stop the Zenos from erasing everyone.

I really just want Vegeta to ask the Zenos "Are you not entertained?" Before murdering them to everyone's shock and horror.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Endorph posted:

I can corroborate this.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I have been watching Super, and can also confirm.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Minion of Freya posted:

I really just want Vegeta to ask the Zenos "Are you not entertained?" Before murdering them to everyone's shock and horror.

This won't happen in this timeline's dragonball, but it would happen in a better timeline's dragonball.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I can't wait for Frost to transform into Cooler's final form.

Minion of Freya
Jan 2, 2017
And then Freeza sees it and comments that's its somehow even better than his golden form :allears:

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Pollyanna posted:

I am so loving hype for U6 Saiyans, you have no idea. Caulifla and Kale are my favorite characters in this show by far :kimchi:

No, see, Kale fought toe to toe with Blue Goku so the series is irrevocably ruined forever.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

broly is always the strongest

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Stairmaster posted:

broly is always the strongest

Well duh, his power is maximum.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Tomorrow, somewhere in the halls of Roeding Elementary School in Fresno, a little girl prepares to talk to a local news reporter, with her crayon-drawn picture of Kale clutched in her hands.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

That's definitely a LSSJ.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Crosspeice posted:

That's definitely a LSSJ.

Betcha that's Frieza attacking Caulifla in such a way as to exploit her trying to defend a weakened Kale 'cos he's a bastard.

Minion of Freya
Jan 2, 2017
Kale could tear Freeza into pieces and not get disqualified because he would still be alive

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
For Cauli I have to assume fighting Goku was such a relieving experience, because for once in her life someone actually gets her. Like him, she has the pure desire to become the strongest, and is willing to ask for aid in achieving that. She also throws Kale into the fight because of her "Potential" again, without considering that like Gohan before her, Kale is less there because she wants to fight and more there to be with Cauli. I love these characters and this arc so much.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I also enjoyed Cabba and Vegeta stopping midfight to be all "what the gently caress are they doing" and just standing there in shared disbelief.

I look forward to some Kale and Gohan scenes now.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I really hope Universe 6 doesn't get erased. I bet they're going to pull a "you had the same number of people at the end so your universe stays" thing.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Covok posted:

I really hope Universe 6 doesn't get erased. I bet they're going to pull a "you had the same number of people at the end so your universe stays" thing.

It would suck so much to build up so many characters to just erase them at the end of this arc. And like... Marketing would argue so hard against it.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Onmi posted:

It would suck so much to build up so many characters to just erase them at the end of this arc. And like... Marketing would argue so hard against it.

To be frank, it wouldn't exactly be a new thing for Dragonball, though. Or shonen in general for that matter. I mean, let's look at One Piece. One Piece lives on introducing 1000s of characters every Arc only for them to be forgotten at the end of the arc. Yes, I know that one occasionally returns, they get a shout out in the cover-page-snapshot story from time to time and such, but they are essentially gone. Marketing seems to let One Piece get away with that.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Onmi posted:

Marketing, the true King of All. If the demographic demanded it, even Zen-chan could be erased (and replaced with Freeza).

Covok
May 27, 2013

Jedah posted:

Marketing, the true King of All. If the demographic demanded it, even Zen-chan could be erased (and replaced with Freeza).

Who is to say that such things have not already happened?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Covok posted:

To be frank, it wouldn't exactly be a new thing for Dragonball, though. Or shonen in general for that matter. I mean, let's look at One Piece. One Piece lives on introducing 1000s of characters every Arc only for them to be forgotten at the end of the arc. Yes, I know that one occasionally returns, they get a shout out in the cover-page-snapshot story from time to time and such, but they are essentially gone. Marketing seems to let One Piece get away with that.

Yes but One Piece doesn't erase those characters from existence.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Minion of Freya posted:

Kale could tear Freeza into pieces and not get disqualified because he would still be alive

freeza's already dead so could you even be disqualified for blowing him up

Covok
May 27, 2013

Onmi posted:

Yes but One Piece doesn't erase those characters from existence.

I guess that is an important distinction, but I still see Whitebeard popping up in games.

Manatee Cannon posted:

freeza's already dead so could you even be disqualified for blowing him up

That cannot die which may eternal sleep.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Covok posted:

But for Dragonball, the only characters I can think that were really abandoned were some of the minor characters Goku spent time with all the way back in the Tournament and Red Ribbon Army sagas, like Suno, 8, Nam and Upa, and they were written out quite naturally. Since then almost everyone who didn't die ignominiously as a minor villain like Raditz have showed up in some capacity, Korin and Yajirobe still get scenes, Oolong, Puar, even bloody Pilaf.

Its telling that people still obsess over Launch's disappearance so much since its so unusual for Dragonball to completely drop a character like that, I doubt they'll do the same for most of the new characters established in the other Universes.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Onmi posted:

This is basically why I'm in the tank for "the inhabitants of all the erased universes get merged into the winning universe to make one big mega-verse", since it allows Zeno to keep to the rules of erasing the loser universes without having to delete all of the new characters while also simultaneously opening up like a trillion new potential plot hooks.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Kanos posted:

This is basically why I'm in the tank for "the inhabitants of all the erased universes get merged into the winning universe to make one big mega-verse", since it allows Zeno to keep to the rules of erasing the loser universes without having to delete all of the new characters while also simultaneously opening up like a trillion new potential plot hooks.

Perhaps. I mean, can we un-erase a universe? Is that a thing? Like, Universe 9 was wiped out.

You know, while most of them sucked, I did kind of Bergamo.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the erased universes are either coming back or there's gonna be some kind of tie between a bunch of universes

the no killing rule is completely pointless if they don't undo the erasures

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
I think Universe 9 might stay dead.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
There's going to be some event that derails the tournament and nobody gets erased.

Except the jobber universes like 9 and the robot universe that nobody cares about.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

the erased universes are either coming back or there's gonna be some kind of tie between a bunch of universes

the no killing rule is completely pointless if they don't undo the erasures

The no killing rule is only in there so Hit doesn't sweep the tournament.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Caidin posted:

The no killing rule is only in there so Hit doesn't sweep the tournament.

The no killing rule is there so the Zen-ohs can take the pleasure of killing them all themselves.