Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Neo_Crimson posted:

The no killing rule is there so the Zen-ohs can take the pleasure of killing them all themselves.

He gets the afterlife's when he/they zap a universe already though, that's twice as brutal since most dead assholes probably think their finally out of the line of fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
I wonder how the other universes in Trunks old timeline are handling not having Zeno around anymore

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Eustace posted:

I wonder how the other universes in Trunks old timeline are handling not having Zeno around anymore

all the Kais and GoDs are having a mega bender.

Oh wait no they are all dead, all of them, and possibly all the mortals too so uh... maybe chief angel saved some kai fruit or something so they can get started again?

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

the erased universes are either coming back or there's gonna be some kind of tie between a bunch of universes

the no killing rule is completely pointless if they don't undo the erasures
But since they were already erased wouldn't the revived universe not be the real thing? :thunk:

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
Merging the universes would also solve the weird "our universe only has like 5 planets w/people?" problem

I'm sort of a little convinced that the Zenos and the angels are bullshitting. Like, the smug aside grins that some of the angels are giving can be construed as foul dealings, like the angels are manipulating the Zenos somehow... or like they're in on some kind of hosed up joke. We know Whis' staff has a pocket dimension in it. Maybe the Zenos aren't really "erasing" anything in the tournament, but the angels talked them into saying that so everybody would fight their hardest.

Everything gets shuffled off into a pocket dimension, the angels go "oh no it's all gone, how terrible," and at the end of the show everything in the pocket space gets compressed into the surviving universe.

I'm trying to be optimistic, and it's less obvious than "and the winner uses the Super Dragonballs to wish all the universes back, no biggie"

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
The best turnaround would be shuffling them all into one dimension and then the Zenos saying "Welp, we don't need all these Angels for one dimension" And then deleting everyone but Whis

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I can't believe that Goku started a multiuniversal death match just to wish King Kai back to life.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Neo_Crimson posted:

The no killing rule is there so the Zen-ohs can take the pleasure of killing them all themselves.

they erase the afterlife too

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Why would anyone want universe nine's shitbags in their universe?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

You know, logically speaking there has to be an entity or individual who creates universes. Zenoh just can destroy them, right?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Squallege posted:

Why would anyone want universe nine's shitbags in their universe?

to make freezer look better

Nessus posted:

You know, logically speaking there has to be an entity or individual who creates universes. Zenoh just can destroy them, right?

ya its speculated he's just the 'super GoD' and there should be a 'super Kai' somewhere. Hell it could even just be the Super Shenron because he can create things.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Nessus posted:

I think the actually highest authority in the Dragonball universe is toriyama's little robot avatar.

This thing.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

Jedah posted:

Marketing, the true King of All. If the demographic demanded it, even Zen-chan could be erased (and replaced with Freeza).

please let this happen. zeno sucks, and freeza owns. incredibly hard.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

call me crazy but I don't think they're gonna permanently kill off the two muppet children.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Manatee Cannon posted:

they erase the afterlife too

even better

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

TFRazorsaw posted:

call me crazy but I don't think they're gonna permanently kill off the two muppet children.

actually goku will personally kill both of them in all likelihood

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
The most baffling thing about this episode is that people are complaining it makes Super Saiyan Blue less impressive. Have these people ever watched this series ever?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Momomo posted:

The most baffling thing about this episode is that people are complaining it makes Super Saiyan Blue less impressive. Have these people ever watched this series ever?
They're not watching the show, they're watching the subsidiary echo of the show that they have in their heads.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Momomo posted:

You don't understand, Goku was holding back!

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

Isn't it pretty easy to assume that Kale's rage form accesses god ki? Why are people making such a big deal out of-

Oh, right, she's a woman.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Pureauthor posted:

You don't understand, Goku was holding back!

As a thought experiment I'm gonna list the reveal of each transformation and where it jobbed:

Goku's Super Sayain: Premiered against Frieza and won, lost against 19 because of the heart disease
Vegeta's Super Sayian: Premiered against 19 and won, lost against 18 (like five minutes later)
Gohan's Super Sayian: Premiered in the time chamber because Gohan thought about it like, really hard. Jobbed against like, Dabura or something?
Trunks' Super Sayian: Premiered against Frieza and won, jobbed to 18 just like dad
Gohan's Super Saiyan 2: Beat Cell, lost to Dabura I guess
Everyone else but Caulifla's Super Saiyan 2: Who even fuckin knows man
Goku's Super Sayian 3: Hahahahahaha
Ultimate Gohan: What a sad, sad display
Goku's Super Sayian God & Blue & Kaioken: Didn't even beat the guy it premiered against
Vegeta's Blue: That whole frieza thing was silly anyway.
Trunks' Super Sayian Rage: This one barely got explained and was kind of a big ?? by the end so I'll give it a win I guess, and he never really jobbed

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
A couple of things to appreciate about that episode:

- Cool man Hit is a good teammate who saves Caulifla and strategizes about how to stop Kale so she doesn't get DQ'd

- Vegeta actually warned Goku to watch out for Kale. Between this and them taking down the furry universe, I'm liking the Goku and Vegeta collaboration for once.

- I hope Kale rages again. I'm surprised she only took one person out.

I'm looking forward to the U11 episode, and Master Roshi taking as many as he can down.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

She also obliterated the stage which the GoDs barely did?

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Minion of Freya posted:

And then Freeza sees it and comments that's its somehow even better than his golden form :allears:

You are a bad opinion haver. Freeza is going to end up killing Frost. Cant wait for Frost to be off the show, gonna be sad for all the frost fans tho.

Yeah Im a Freeza fangirl, deal with it. Frost is going down. The way theyre setting it up, its obvious. He thinks he and freeza are equals, but guess what, there's only one Freeza.

And he does not share power.

Frost is done. Freeza will power up, Frost will poop his pants and that'll be that.

Blue Star fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jul 24, 2017

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I don't think Kale is stronger than Super Saiyan Blue.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Freeza is agender, by the way. His species reproduces by pooping eggs out of there butts. But Freeza is too cool to poop so no kids, I guess. And no Kuriza isnt canon.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Kale, at the Apex of becoming her SS form which is probably Shin Super Saiyan if they don't just use LSS (I actually hope it isn't LSS, but only for the inevitable "And now we market this game by giving Broly this new form, Kale's SS form, which is just LSS!") is almost undoubtedly stronger than SSB.

At the same time, the form is such a drain that it's basically Golden Frieza x100, or SS3 x1000. It's not something you can reasonably keep up for any period of time in an endurance fight. There was a reason Piccolo told Gohan not to get involved, it was because Kale was already powering down to a state where Goku could beat her, despite her initial advantage.

Really though, even though Kale was cool, my focus was more on Cauli this episode. She's amazing.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

The Awesomesaurus posted:

Isn't it pretty easy to assume that Kale's rage form accesses god ki? Why are people making such a big deal out of-

Oh, right, she's a woman.

eh, I don't think she's using god ki

freeza didn't need any to be stronger than goku and neither did hit

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

We've never seen the Legendary Super Saiyan lose to anything other than the Sun

And weird bullshit ki punches I guess?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i dont know what the hell LSS is but i think kale's angry super saiyan form just tanked goku's attack just because she was too mad to realize or feel how much damage it did. willing to bet jiren only took care of her so easily because goku weakened her first.

edit: oh it stands for legendary super saiyan. i've never heard it abbreviated before.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

She didn't take any damage from the attack

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress Jiren, by the way. I think he's a dumb character. Looks dumb. Hope he dies. Toppo is cool, though. I also like purple bunny man but he looks too much like Beerus. They should have made him green or something. Pink Pride Trooper lady is good.

There are way too many drat purple characters. Hit should be some color other than purple.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Blue Star posted:

You are a bad opinion haver. Freeza is going to end up killing Frost. Cant wait for Frost to be off the show, gonna be sad for all the frost fans tho.

Yeah Im a Freeza fangirl, deal with it. Frost is going down. The way theyre setting it up, its obvious. He thinks he and freeza are equals, but guess what, there's only one Freeza.

And he does not share power.

Frost is done. Freeza will power up, Frost will poop his pants and that'll be that.

This is the kind of rant that ends with someone proclaiming the characters is their waifu.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Aurora posted:

She didn't take any damage from the attack

I think she did, but it just doesn't show and she didn't react to it at all,

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

mabels big day posted:

I don't think Kale is stronger than Super Saiyan Blue.

Nah, there's really no reason to think that she isn't stronger. Whether or not she's stronger than SSB+Kaioken is another argument, but SSB is pretty obvious.

Also honestly I have no idea why people like the pride troopers so much. They kind of suck and are incredibly uninteresting.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Saagonsa posted:

Nah, there's really no reason to think that she isn't stronger. Whether or not she's stronger than SSB+Kaioken is another argument, but SSB is pretty obvious.

Also honestly I have no idea why people like the pride troopers so much. They kind of suck and are incredibly uninteresting.

I think Goku is stronger because he works very hard and that's reason enough for me.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I kind of want to see the Sailor Scouts from Universe 2 get into a fight. I wonder if they have some weird love love power or something like that. Not in like a weird way but you know because that's from thematic for those kinds of characters. This tournament all about how weird the universes are and how weird their powers are.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

mabels big day posted:

I think Goku is stronger because he works very hard and that's reason enough for me.

Goku was explicitly not trying to take care of her at his strongest power

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Covok posted:

This is the kind of rant that ends with someone proclaiming the characters is their waifu.

I would have Freeza as my husband, if he were real and didnt kill me. I know I could change him. But why would i want to do that? ;)

Anyway, i wonder if Universe 7 had or has any Tsufuru-jin??? They have Saiyans, they have a Not-Freeza. Maybe they also had or have Namekians?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

toppo is cool because we've been able to see him in action a fair amount and have reason to be invested

the rest haven't had a lot of set up by comparison. obviously jiren is gonna get a lot of stuff over the course of the tournament but right now, toppo's the best one and the rest are just kinda there