Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Angels aren't allowed to fight directly, but there's nothing in the angel rule book that says they can't use mechs instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

a cartoon duck posted:

Angels aren't allowed to fight directly, but there's nothing in the angel rule book that says they can't use mechs instead.

The Airbud rule.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

If there were a poll I'd vote for that one supreme kai who can't figure out that the apprentice that keeps talking about killing all the humans might not be on the level

Minion of Freya
Jan 2, 2017

Larryb posted:

Come to think of it, has Pilaf ever been anything resembling a threat even in the original Dragon Ball? As far as I can remember he's always been kind of a joke villain.

Episode 1 he tries to murder Shu with a chainsaw.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Namtab posted:

If there were a poll I'd vote for that one supreme kai who can't figure out that the apprentice that keeps talking about killing all the humans might not be on the level

Look man, Zamasu said Gowasu's Godtube videos are the raddest, and no one who understands Gowasu's Godtuber abilities that much can have anything less than the purest of hearts.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Some days, Pilaf idly wonders what his cousin Garlic Jr. is up to.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

Look man, Zamasu said Gowasu's Godtube videos are the raddest, and no one who understands Gowasu's Godtuber abilities that much can have anything less than the purest of hearts.

Just sat there drinking progressively more evil tea

Caros
May 14, 2008

a cartoon duck posted:

It's kinda amazing to which degree Toyotaro needs to dump on Vegeta. Having him paralyzed with fear and having Shin of all people save his bacon is just sad.

Yes, because Vegeta never stares dumbfounded in shock after his ultimate attack gets no sold by the current villain. Other than Recoome, Majin Buu and literally crying against Freeza.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Caros posted:

Yes, because Vegeta never stares dumbfounded in shock after his ultimate attack gets no sold by the current villain. Other than Recoome, Majin Buu and literally crying against Freeza.

Yeah but its Shin who is in dumbfounded shock just looking at the villain, and then in dumbfounded shock as they fight, and in dumbfounded shock as the ultimate attack is charged up, and...

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Don't engage the manga shill

Caros
May 14, 2008

Kild posted:

Yeah but its Shin who is in dumbfounded shock just looking at the villain, and then in dumbfounded shock as they fight, and in dumbfounded shock as the ultimate attack is charged up, and...

Shin is actually pretty good at running away. The one decent thing he did in all of Z was teleport in at the last second to save Goku and co from kid buu before he blew up the planet.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Namtab posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms2eTbI0h14

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

This was in the recommended videos there and it's way better:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQu3-dt_Fwk

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Zamasu: SURPRISE I HAVE A TIME MACHINE

Jesus loving christ Toyotaro.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Larryb posted:

Come to think of it, has Pilaf ever been anything resembling a threat even in the original Dragon Ball? As far as I can remember he's always been kind of a joke villain.

he captures goku and friends and puts them in this mirror room that was gonna cook them alive when the sun came up. the only reason they didn't all die is because goku turned into king kong

that's the only time he's had the upper hand at any point in the series that I can think of tho

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

TFRazorsaw posted:

Explain, you ningen filth!

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Covok posted:

Explain, you ningen filth!

he just happens to have a time machine so he can threaten the past in the manga.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

deadly_pudding posted:

This was in the recommended videos there and it's way better:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQu3-dt_Fwk

Nice

Zamasu
Nov 4, 2016

I'm just being self-absorbed.
It doesn't matter if no one's listening.

"Zamasu, make me some tea."

"Zamasu, clean this up."

"Zamasu, come watch this funny GodTube video."

"Zamasu, observe this civilization for few years."

"Zamasu, don't stab those ningen."

Over and over with this guy. It was too much!

Covok
May 27, 2013

Zamasu posted:

"Zamasu, make me some tea."

"Zamasu, clean this up."

"Zamasu, come watch this funny GodTube video."

"Zamasu, observe this civilization for few years."

"Zamasu, don't stab those ningen."

Over and over with this guy. It was too much!

New Posting Gimmick Acquired.

Zamasu, what was your plan after the Zero Mortal Plan? What would stop Zen-Oh-Sama from just going "this is awful" the next time he ran the metrics on the universes?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

TFRazorsaw posted:

he just happens to have a time machine so he can threaten the past in the manga.

I don't believe you.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Zamasu how do you feel about the Universe 10 team?

Zamasu
Nov 4, 2016

Covok posted:

Zamasu, what was your plan after the Zero Mortal Plan? What would stop Zen-Oh-Sama from just going "this is awful" the next time he ran the metrics on the universes?

A later stage of my plan was to create a series of waterslides, surrounded by natural beauty. Then he'd be too distracted playing and having fun to notice that all the ningen were missing.

:tubular:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Zamasu posted:

A later stage of my plan was to create a series of waterslides, surrounded by natural beauty. Then he'd be too distracted playing and having fun to notice that all the ningen were missing.

Frankly, you could just jingle keys in front of him and that probably be enough.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Junpei Hyde posted:

I don't believe you.

It's right there in the pages.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Zamasu posted:

So glad to see you're still keeping at this.

And that you like kittens!

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Gokus full power super saiyan blue thing in the manga doesn't seem functionally different from using the kaioken.

edit: goku using hakai is kind of cool

Stairmaster fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jul 25, 2017

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i know it was cuz they wanted a callback to the broly movie but gokus kamehameha not doing anything to kale was kinda dumb

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

ive concluded the dragon ball super manga is 100% good

Covok
May 27, 2013

tbp posted:

i know it was cuz they wanted a callback to the broly movie but gokus kamehameha not doing anything to kale was kinda dumb

She was clearly tired out from the experience. So, it got across why people don't do that -- "you are basically letting yourself get hit 100%" -- while providing a reason -- "Kale is beyond reason" --- and establishing Kale's power -- "It has her winded and likely weary and wounded, but that's it" all while giving Broly fans a shout-out.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Stairmaster posted:

ive concluded the dragon ball super manga is 100% good

The part where Future Mai actually gets to meet Pilaf and co. again was nice too.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Covok posted:

She was clearly tired out from the experience. So, it got across why people don't do that -- "you are basically letting yourself get hit 100%" -- while providing a reason -- "Kale is beyond reason" --- and establishing Kale's power -- "It has her winded and likely weary and wounded, but that's it" all while giving Broly fans a shout-out.

Yeah, people say it didn't do anything but she seemed hosed afterward.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Covok posted:

She probably used some kind of guard technique that simultaneously drained her Ki and Stamina while leaving her health intact :goonsay:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Nervous posted:

She probably used some kind of guard technique that simultaneously drained her Ki and Stamina while leaving her health intact :goonsay:

Not invalid argument. It is made clear by Whis that Goku's fault is putting his ki defenses down since that makes him only as tough as the average sayian (bullet proof, but not laser proof). Since she saw it head on, maybe she had her defenses up and blocked most of the attack, still tiring her out.

Regardless, Kale is stronk and no-selling that attack was awesome.

Zamasu
Nov 4, 2016

PMush Perfect posted:

So glad to see you're still keeping at this.

And that you like kittens!

Thanks, I do like cats, just not those pesky ones who use Hakai.
:qqsay:

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

TFRazorsaw posted:

Dragonball Super Eye Roll.

So much worse than the ending of the anime. Didn't even jerk off about Goku in my face, was just lame.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Comparison of Kale vs. Goku and Hulk vs. Loki

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Those smears.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Stairmaster posted:

Gokus full power super saiyan blue thing in the manga doesn't seem functionally different from using the kaioken.

It's lamer in visuals. SSBKK has that impressive blue/red aura, an effect that nothing else in the series has. You can look at it and instantly, and correctly, deduce it's powerful. Removing the aura is just...removing the aura. Something that happens constantly in the show.

It ultimately has the same role (risky power-up to Blue) but it just isn't as satisfying, and it's introduced more clumsily as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

So, my guess is that Goku uncorks whatever new form he has within the next five episodes, since it looks like he's fighting Jiren now