Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I was thinking last night and if they end up doing the universes are merged because it's less work ending then they actually easily could do GT right. Do the Black Star dragonballs and have Pan, Trunks, Goten & Goku go out into the now massively expanded universe since there's now not only a heap of potential different worlds and weird individuals that you can just handwave with "oh they were part of Universe such-and-such" so that dudes like the Para Brothers don't stick out so much.

Of course they should still keep universe 9 erased because it's a dumpster fire that cannot be saved but I'd just hate to lose out on potentially interesting characters in Universe's 2, 6 or 11. I'd also want my man Gowasu to stay alive and to keep his godtube career rolling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Even though gt is good and Canon, it seems hard to say it's the future of supers world. Think of it as another alternate future where beer us never woke up

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Namtab posted:

Even though gt is good and Canon, it seems hard to say it's the future of supers world. Think of it as another alternate future where beer us never woke up
A world where Beerus got his pudding cup and went home.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

the strong lady standing up to goku was

imo

really good

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

khwarezm posted:

Those smears.

Yeah, but try to forgive it, the rest of the Avengers movie was pretty good.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

watch Jiren just casually punt Goku off of the ring

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I wouldn't be surprised it Goku talks at him for a minute and then they get separated again

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i mean i know dbz has never been good at this poo poo but i wish there was even some slight explanation of why god ki was important. as it stands it functions literally identically to regular ki, but instead when the kais and poo poo see it for the first time they gasp instead of just going "yeah looks about right".

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

tbp posted:

i mean i know dbz has never been good at this poo poo but i wish there was even some slight explanation of why god ki was important. as it stands it functions literally identically to regular ki, but instead when the kais and poo poo see it for the first time they gasp instead of just going "yeah looks about right".

I think the main distinction is that it's not supposed to be a thing that a NINGEN can manifest. Like it's some kind of spiritual badge of office for the celestial bureaucracy or whatever. Goku and Vegeta being able to arbitrarily turn blue and be literal gods for a few minutes without being officially Gods of Destruction is probably a major slap in the face for anybody who gives more of a poo poo about the business side of being a god than Beerus or Zen-oh.

It's the sudden realization on the part of the gods in all the other universes that they could be instantly replaced by a Saiyan, if it came down to that, where the Kais at least considered that job to be the birthright of their race.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's a higher multiplier

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Namtab posted:

Isn't the big change is "Pilaf and the Gang Didn't Wish to Be Young" so they probably never go to the birthday party and in-directly make Beerus mad, which caused all these events to start.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Rirse posted:

Isn't the big change is "Pilaf and the Gang Didn't Wish to Be Young" so they probably never go to the birthday party and in-directly make Beerus mad, which caused all these events to start.

Wait, how did the Pilaf gang do that? I can't remember them doing anything to prompt Buu to hog the pudding.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
You know, I really hope Goku and Vegeta can visit U6 Saiyan home world. Because I've had a vision of Vegeta mocking the Nobility for not being elite enough while Goku wanders off with Caulifla so she could get him to join her gang. He teaches a bunch of punks how to go super saiyan just for the opportunity to fight like 20+ regular SSes at once and then the punks go out to cause some mayhem with their new form. The King and his elites are forced to intervene and it ends in Goku and Vegeta duking it out as a destructive order versus chaos fight that wrecks the capital of Sadal.

I want to hope for a Ryu Ga Gotoku reference episode while I'm asking for another Learn to Drive episode.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Crabtree posted:

You know, I really hope Goku and Vegeta can visit U6 Saiyan home world. Because I've had a vision of Vegeta mocking the Nobility for not being elite enough while Goku wanders off with Caulifla so she could get him to join her gang. He teaches a bunch of punks how to go super saiyan just for the opportunity to fight like 20+ regular SSes at once and then the punks go out to cause some mayhem with their new form. The King and his elites are forced to intervene and it ends in Goku and Vegeta duking it out as a destructive order versus chaos fight that wrecks the capital of Sadal.

I want to hope for a Ryu Ga Gotoku reference episode while I'm asking for another Learn to Drive episode.

I was actually thinking its like the worst idea to teach someone like Caulifla Super Saiyan. There's a whole planet full of Saiyans in U6, compared to like five people in U7, what's going to stop them from going nuts and conquering the universe and maybe even the other universes when dodgy people like Caulifla can start to reach blue and beyond?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

khwarezm posted:

I was actually thinking its like the worst idea to teach someone like Caulifla Super Saiyan. There's a whole planet full of Saiyans in U6, compared to like five people in U7, what's going to stop them from going nuts and conquering the universe and maybe even the other universes when dodgy people like Caulifla can start to reach blue and beyond?

Caulifla is fine. We joke about her probably going Blue later in the tournament, but I'm pretty sure that's only possible because Goku and Vegeta are both ridiculous shonen protagonists who retained the "muscle memory" of Super Saiyan God. She'd have to be a God first, and that requires everybody involved to be pure of heart.

Basically what I'm saying is that if she turns Blue after watching Goku do it, then we can like 70% consider that an Alignment Check.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

deadly_pudding posted:

Caulifla is fine. We joke about her probably going Blue later in the tournament, but I'm pretty sure that's only possible because Goku and Vegeta are both ridiculous shonen protagonists who retained the "muscle memory" of Super Saiyan God. She'd have to be a God first, and that requires everybody involved to be pure of heart.

Basically what I'm saying is that if she turns Blue after watching Goku do it, then we can like 70% consider that an Alignment Check.

Didn't Vegeta skip god with just a lot of elbow grease?

Cran
Mar 23, 2011
It'd be funny if the saiyans in the tournament attempted a ritual and all just kind of...stared at Kale once they joined hands.

Like...she gotta turn SS for this, are we all gonna die if we do this?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ssb is just god but super saiyan at the same time so I don't see how he could

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

khwarezm posted:

Wait, how did the Pilaf gang do that? I can't remember them doing anything to prompt Buu to hog the pudding.

Didn't Mai accidentally shoot Beerus? Or that only happened in the movie? I remember it made him mad, but I forget if this was before or after the puddling scene.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Cauli doesn't really seem as rough as the initially billed her as. She doesn't strike me as someone who would really cause that much trouble for people, she just doesn't let them gently caress with her. I think the Saiyans being better adjusted in general means they wouldn't get drunk on power like Universe 7's.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Rirse posted:

Didn't Mai accidentally shoot Beerus? Or that only happened in the movie? I remember it made him mad, but I forget if this was before or after the puddling scene.

That was the movie before the Pudding scene and I think it was the bit where Vegeta placated him with the bingo dance, in the show he was accidentally doused by Goten and Trunks for a similar effect.

In both Buu ruins everything by refusing to give over the pudding.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Also it was Gohan who deflected the bullet into Beerus.

And into his wife's leg.

Just to confirm that he is in fact a giant screwup.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Pureauthor posted:

Also it was Gohan who deflected the bullet into Beerus.

And into his wife's leg.

Just to confirm that he is in fact a giant screwup.

In his defense, he was really drunk.

EDIT: Oh, Kale appeared in Dokkan Battle, so now we have a sort-of name for her Legendary Super Saiyan form:

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/889891444176990209

Dokkan Battle is not the best source (for instance, it refered to SSAnger Trunks as just "Super Saiyan", disregarding how that's blatantly not the first stage), but it's what we have right now, so I guess her form is just "Rampage/Berserk/Out of control/Whatever you want to translate "bousou" as".

Blaze Dragon fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jul 25, 2017

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

khwarezm posted:

That was the movie before the Pudding scene and I think it was the bit where Vegeta placated him with the bingo dance, in the show he was accidentally doused by Goten and Trunks for a similar effect.

So Pilaf and Friends not being kids indirectly causes the Bingo Dance to never happen?

GT really is the worst timeline.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Blaze Dragon posted:

In his defense, he was really drunk.

https://youtu.be/2UG4UI7Q9aI

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Namtab posted:

Even though gt is good and Canon

GT is neither of those things and you know it.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Jedah posted:

GT is neither of those things and you know it.

Troll = fed

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Hey, god I personally know. Don't really believe in ya or your powers. But thanks for turning me into a senzu bean.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Professor Wayne posted:

Hey, god I personally know. Don't really believe in ya or your powers. But thanks for turning me into a senzu bean.

I figure in this case it's not agreeing with his philosophy, not literally disbelieving the Kai's existence. Still kind of a hilarious translation though.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Professor Wayne posted:

This is the most polite thing I've ever seen.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

tbp posted:

It's more potent than regular ki, so a lower level of god ki equals a higher level of mortal ki. Goku may have been 100 in regular ki, and Beerus in 10, but Beerus' 10 is still way more powerful.

People like Freeza and Gohan are all about just raising their regular ki so ridiculously high that they equal the equivalent god ki, and other people in other universes already have, while Goku and Vegeta, now that they accessed this new form of ki, are focusing on improving *that*. Thus SSBlue, which is a SSJ form using god ki, and so on.

It's basically now a race between the protagonists to see who will get more powerful than Beerus without kaioken/fusion type stuff in what way.

(It will be Goku because he'll come up with some bullshit about combining the two or something and it will be the best)

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

It looked like Trunks already did that with Super Saiyan Rage. I figure Goku will abandon ki entirely and start using Nen.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Oh I get it now. Naruto basically did the same thing.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Billzasilver posted:

Oh I get it now. Naruto basically did the same thing.

Oh you mean like how they had chakra, natural chakra from Sage Mode, and chakra from the nine demons which I think was called demon chakra? And how some were just inherently stronger than the other but you can match them by being really skilled in a lesser version?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Professor Wayne posted:

Oh, Trunks, you're pretty much a Paladin already. Though it leaves me wondering what Kai was offering.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Trunks would have been better as a Kai, imo

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Darko posted:

It's more potent than regular ki, so a lower level of god ki equals a higher level of mortal ki. Goku may have been 100 in regular ki, and Beerus in 10, but Beerus' 10 is still way more powerful.

People like Freeza and Gohan are all about just raising their regular ki so ridiculously high that they equal the equivalent god ki, and other people in other universes already have, while Goku and Vegeta, now that they accessed this new form of ki, are focusing on improving *that*. Thus SSBlue, which is a SSJ form using god ki, and so on.

It's basically now a race between the protagonists to see who will get more powerful than Beerus without kaioken/fusion type stuff in what way.

(It will be Goku because he'll come up with some bullshit about combining the two or something and it will be the best)

Where did you come by this information?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Shinjobi posted:

Trunks would have been better as a Kai, imo
Nah trunks would be an excellent GoD, when he tries to protect things everything around him goes to poo poo, imagine him actually wanting to have things go to hell. :shepface:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Zedd posted:

Nah trunks would be an excellent GoD, when he tries to protect things everything around him goes to poo poo, imagine him actually wanting to have things go to hell. :shepface:

Everything would be perfectly protected and stable, because the universe loves messing with Trunks.

Sometimes I think of these things and wonder if I'm doing the right thing EX-Fused with him in Fusions. My Luck stat went down after fusing with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Blaze Dragon posted:

Everything would be perfectly protected and stable, because the universe loves messing with Trunks.

Sometimes I think of these things and wonder if I'm doing the right thing EX-Fused with him in Fusions. My Luck stat went down after fusing with him.

I EX-Fused with Krillin, the strongest human, and have no regrets.