Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The only correct EX fusion for Trunks is Kid Trunks, for Double Trunks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

Kelp Plankton posted:

EX Trunks was loving awesome, no joke.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I just had a funny thought. Do you think the super nerds at DB Wiki added in a page for EACH Exfusion on their wiki?

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Professor Wayne posted:

Hey, god I personally know. Don't really believe in ya or your powers. But thanks for turning me into a senzu bean.

I love that Trunks came out of this arc weaker than he started. Considering what's ahead being erased with Zamasu would've been a mercy.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

TheHan posted:

I love that Trunks came out of this arc weaker than he started. Considering what's ahead being erased with Zamasu would've been a mercy.

In the manga.

In the anime, he unlocked Super Sayian Rage form and can somewhat access god ki. In the manga, he lost his healing powers.

Anime > Manga

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Covok posted:

Troll = fed

If the truth is trolling then I don't want to be whatever the opposite of a troll is

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I think at this point they're going to have Caulifa go SSJ3 since Goku kind of alludes to it.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Covok posted:

In the manga.

In the anime, he unlocked Super Sayian Rage form and can somewhat access god ki. In the manga, he lost his healing powers.

Anime > Manga

Yeah this. I can't see how anyone could argue how the manga version is better when it just reads like a gutted version of the anime with even less focus on the guy the arc was named for.

That goes for both Zamasu and Trunks.

Covok
May 27, 2013

TheHan posted:

Yeah this. I can't see how anyone could argue how the manga version is better when it just reads like a gutted version of the anime with even less focus on the guy the arc was named for.

That goes for both Zamasu and Trunks.

I mean, I feel that's how this will go all the way down.

When they get to the tournament of power, Kale and Caulifia will be cut and/or all their power-ups removed. Hit will get no screentime. Krillen will never get any win in this and get jobbed out of nowhere. And on and on because the manga wants to move a brisk pace so it will just speed to the Goku v Jiren fight and forget the rest of the cast exists/is useful/have their own fans.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Hell, just think about how long it took to recruit everyone.

Beerus: You need to gather 10 fighters!

Android 17: Hey everyone. I just thought I'd visit for no particular reason.

Frieza: Same here. What a coincidence!

Covok
May 27, 2013

HitTheTargets posted:

Hell, just think about how long it took to recruit everyone.

Android 17: Hey everyone. I just thought I'd visit for no particular reason.

Frieza: Same here. What a coincidence!

Next panel: full shot of the team

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Covok posted:

I mean, I feel that's how this will go all the way down.

When they get to the tournament of power, Kale and Caulifia will be cut and/or all their power-ups removed. Hit will get no screentime. Krillen will never get any win in this and get jobbed out of nowhere. And on and on because the manga wants to move a brisk pace so it will just speed to the Goku v Jiren fight and forget the rest of the cast exists/is useful/have their own fans.

Goku will also kick Jiren's rear end in base form.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Junpei Hyde posted:

Goku will also kick Jiren's rear end in base form.

Goku will say he has mastered Super Sayian Blue so well that he doesn't even need to transform: his base form has all the power of Super Sayian Blue.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Covok posted:

Oh you mean like how they had chakra, natural chakra from Sage Mode, and chakra from the nine demons which I think was called demon chakra? And how some were just inherently stronger than the other but you can match them by being really skilled in a lesser version?

I mean how you have vanilla ice cream, which is pretty good, but you can add a chocolate vanilla swirl to make it even more delicious.

I would bet money beerus explains it that exact way.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Billzasilver posted:

I mean how you have vanilla ice cream, which is pretty good, but you can add a chocolate vanilla swirl to make it even more delicious.

Why would you ruin the purity and delicious magnificence of vanilla ice cream with the horrid, putrid corruption of chocolate ice cream? Now, I'd understand strawberry and would love coffee, peanut butter, or pistachio, but chocolate? Blah, spit, phooey!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Kelp Plankton posted:

I want that, but I can't get Dragon Ball History: The Androids yet, so I'm waiting until that unlocks so I can run the Trunkest team with all the Trunks, including people that are not Trunks but have the same blood as Trunks.

While I wait for it, I'm running Trunks (Super) fused with myself, EX Gohanks and Brapan just to have as much Trunks and similar as I can. I should see if I can fuse Future Trunks with someone...

Billzasilver posted:

I don't think there's another way for Goku to understand it other than food analogies, so that should work for him.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Covok posted:

Next panel: full shot of the team

Save it for DBS Manga Abridged, bro.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
If anyone needed any further proof that Anime = Good, Manga = Bad and Smells, Manga doesn't have Gohan saying goodbye to Trunks.

Everyone cries when Gohan says goodbye to Trunks.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

lezard_valeth posted:

If anyone needed any further proof that Anime = Good, Manga = Bad and Smells, Manga doesn't have Gohan saying goodbye to Trunks.

Everyone cries when Gohan says goodbye to Trunks.

this is true, i cried

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPD1tWhRtQk

This loving SONG. :qq:

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Zedd posted:

Nah trunks would be an excellent GoD, when he tries to protect things everything around him goes to poo poo, imagine him actually wanting to have things go to hell. :shepface:

Actually, he probably really would, because he'd actually give a poo poo about the duty and wouldn't abuse it. He'd be kind enough to not be an rear end in a top hat about it, and would destroy the things that need destroying so that other things can be created.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

seiferguy posted:

I think at this point they're going to have Caulifa go SSJ3 since Goku kind of alludes to it.

it's goku's strategy. she'll unleash SS3 and immediately tire herself out to the point where tien can knock her out

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

CharlestonJew posted:

it's goku's strategy. she'll unleash SS3 and immediately tire herself out to the point where tien can knock her out

She'll go SSJ3 and somehow she does it without making it useless.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Sefal posted:

She'll go SSJ3 and somehow she does it without making it useless.

I was gonna say maybe it's totally usable if you still have your tail, but then I remembered that U6 saiyans don't have tails.

:iiam:

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

CharlestonJew posted:

I don't think Goku would ever want such an unsatisfying end to a fight.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Blue Star posted:

Where did you come by this information?

The show. It's all shown/stated.

- When Beerus arrives, he has un-sensable God Ki that no one can even come close to matching in power, until Vegeta's Bulma Rage powerup temporarily makes him stronger than Goku and makes Beerus almost try to do something barely
- Once Goku accesses God ki, he gets to some percentage of Beerus' power that makes him have to actually kind of fight
- Goku and Vegeta later start focusing on God ki with Whis and access Blue, which is SSJ God ki (Goku says this)
- Freeza, who never trained ever, does a Rocky montage and raises his regular ki so much that it is more powerful than Blue
- 17 has been training offscreen with animals enough, similar to Freeza, to at least make Blue work a bit
- Gohan trains with Piccolo enough to challenge Blue and specifically states he won't go the God Ki route and will go his own route
- There are a bunch of other people in other universes that aren't necessarily using God Ki that have enough to challenge or beat Blue

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Darko posted:

The show. It's all shown/stated.

- When Beerus arrives, he has un-sensable God Ki that no one can even come close to matching in power, until Vegeta's Bulma Rage powerup temporarily makes him stronger than Goku and makes Beerus almost try to do something barely
- Once Goku accesses God ki, he gets to some percentage of Beerus' power that makes him have to actually kind of fight
- Goku and Vegeta later start focusing on God ki with Whis and access Blue, which is SSJ God ki (Goku says this)
- Freeza, who never trained ever, does a Rocky montage and raises his regular ki so much that it is more powerful than Blue
- 17 has been training offscreen with animals enough, similar to Freeza, to at least make Blue work a bit
- Gohan trains with Piccolo enough to challenge Blue and specifically states he won't go the God Ki route and will go his own route
- There are a bunch of other people in other universes that aren't necessarily using God Ki that have enough to challenge or beat Blue

NOT CANON

here's the facts from the manga:

- no-one can beat blue or goku thanks for your tiem

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Condiv posted:

NOT CANON

here's the facts from the manga:

- no-one can beat blue or goku thanks for your tiem

Actually, Blue is a very lovely form in the manga that makes Super Saiyan 3 look amazing. However, Blue when used by Goku is awesome because Goku is the bestest and has fully mastered the form thus surpassing any and everyone including his fused forms.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I kind of like that God is a form in the manga, shame anime doesn't use it, but it'd probably be murder to animate considering how crazy that red aura got

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

At least the red aura sorta came back with the kaioken. Having the blue and red aura at the same time was awesome.

It also led to the Hit fight being way better in the anime than the manga.

EDIT- that bit should be dubbed in a couple of months, hearing Sean scream that out will be pure :allears:

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

JUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAI DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Yeah I'm lookin' forward to that

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Monaghan posted:

At least the red aura sorta came back with the kaioken. Having the blue and red aura at the same time was awesome.

It also led to the Hit fight being way better in the anime than the manga.

EDIT- that bit should be dubbed in a couple of months, hearing Sean scream that out will be pure :allears:

I'm definitely rewatching that entire arc dubbed.

Vegeta vs Magetta was some good poo poo.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm looking forward to the voices for the characters I haven't heard yet because I don't play the game that added U6 stuff to it

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm looking forward to the voices for the characters I haven't heard yet because I don't play the game that added U6 stuff to it

Champa and Vados are good (and I think the one frieza arc episode they're in is dubbed even) , goku black is divisive. I'm apparently the only person who likes Zamasu.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Junpei Hyde posted:

Champa and Vados are good (and I think the one frieza arc episode they're in is dubbed even) , goku black is divisive. I'm apparently the only person who likes Zamasu.

Rosé Black is good, Batman Black is not, and I don't get why Sean Schemmel does two different voices for the same character. I hope he sticks with the former.

Zamasu's voice isn't bad but his VA's performance is too flat for the character. I attribute that to bad directing rather than bad acting though, and I look forward to hearing Zamasu in the anime proper, with actual voice direction.

Also since they weren't said: Cabba is very good, Frost is too nasally for my taste but casting Freeza's brother as him was a good move, Hit's VA really needs to put a bit more effort once he appears in the anime, or else it won't be time to make the donuts.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

deadly_pudding posted:

I was gonna say maybe it's totally usable if you still have your tail, but then I remembered that U6 saiyans don't have tails.

:iiam:

Yeah, what's up with that?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Maple Leaf posted:

Yeah, what's up with that?

They just... don't.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Rosé Black is good, Batman Black is not, and I don't get why Sean Schemmel does two different voices for the same character. I hope he sticks with the former..

I think Rose Black's voice from the game will be much closer to his portrayal in the show. At the time he was recording the original Black's voice, all we knew about him was "evil Goku". So he had to kind of improvise. Turned out to not be the right way to go, so the real show version of him will probably be done much better.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
For reference, when they recorded Goku Black's lines, we had only ever seen his DESIGN.

We never even heard him speak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Blaze Dragon posted:

Rosé Black is good, Batman Black is not, and I don't get why Sean Schemmel does two different voices for the same character. I hope he sticks with the former.

Because there is zero direction given to the VAs on Xenoverse. For the original release of Black he was just told 'do an evil Goku'. For the Rosé version he had a better idea of what the character was about.

Don't take the Xenoverse voices as too much of an indication of what characters will be dubbed like.

e;fb