Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Have they really built up the Pride Troopers as a threat beyond Toppo and Jiren? I mean, Dyspo has him struggling in his first onscreen fight and needing help...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Justin_Brett posted:

I get some of the other Universes being losers, but you'd think some of the ten strongest members of an organization that keeps the peace Universe-wide could pose more of a threat.

Look, in Super Sentai, the main character of the group always prevails while sometimes other members of the group have to fall in order for the main trooper to look better for beating the bad guy in the name of JUSTICE.

Also I still can't get over how the strongest force from THE UNIVERSE OF LOVE is the Thicc girl.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
Caulifla and Kale totally had a throwback moment to SSJ2 Gohan & Goku's kamehameha beam battle with Cell when they eventually overpowered the evil Pride troopers :allears:

Ocatamai
Jun 18, 2004

Perfect and Elegant Maid
If the tournament only lasts 45 Earth minutes am I supposed to be led to believe that Goku can't fight at full power for 45 minutes? Any of them?

Why are they trying to reserve power when the tournament is less than an hour long? cmon Toei :colbert:

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011

Stallion Cabana posted:

I appreciate Caulifla and Kale time but I am super disappointed with how badly the Pride Troopers have jobbed so far. they were seriously built up as the biggest threat, it felt like, with Goku uncertain of even beating Toppo and Jiren said to be even stronger then that, but then this stuff happens. I didn't really find it enjoyable at all and I would have preferred Caulifla and Kale discovering the power of love against literally anyone else. Like the entire thing feels like the U6 and U7 show; they're getting all the ring outs and all the focus, when they've already had a bunch of time. Is this going to end with a callback to Nappa and Vegeta where Toppo takes out like 7 members of U7 all on his own before Goku takes him out and has to go onto Jiren? If each episode of the tournament is just Goku + One or Two Pals defeating the majority or all of a universe the entire concept of the tournament seems kind of hamfisted and unnecessary at that point.

Yeah I'm bummed out about this too. Sure, we all know Toppo/Jiren/maybe Dyspo are going to be the main powerhouses but I was expecting more of an impact than "mildy annoy the main characters for half an episode, then get crushed" from the other Pride Troopers. At the very least they could have a scene of them beating up no-name fighters.

Shards of Fate
Apr 19, 2002

They look like monsters to you?
Well. At we can still use LSSJ. Lesbian Super Saiyan Jin.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
caulifla owns and i liked that in the face of death she said to her girlfriend "stick with me" and they both got stronger and shot a christmas colored beam to win. the non toppo/jiren pride troopers suck, and have lame rear end gimmicks, so i am glad they died.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
It's definitely a The Real Tournament of Power Starts Here situation for when it's down to Toppo, Jiren, and maybe Hit if he feels like it.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
I can't wait for the sailor scouts to take out all of team gohan, leaving only the androids, frieza, goku, and vegeta.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Covok posted:

Kale is now a better Broly than Broly. She's in complete control for power. I wonder how much people are going to lose their poo poo about that.

"I hate who I am" to unlock Super. I originally thought she was well adjusted, unlike Broly, but she's not. Nowhere near. That's gonna be a problem sooner or later.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Bloodly posted:

"I hate who I am" to unlock Super. I originally thought she was well adjusted, unlike Broly, but she's not. Nowhere near. That's gonna be a problem sooner or later.

Yeah, not going to lie, that was a weak, kind of weird revelation to gain power.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Covok posted:

Yeah, not going to lie, that was a weak, kind of weird revelation to gain power.

Eh, it's her directing her hatred towards her inability to act and fight alongside Caulifla rather than towards people that might "steal" Caulifla from her. It's thematically appropriate.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
To be fair, she could be hating the fact that she holds herself down and back all the time.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Kale wanted to become someone stronger and she reached deep inside herself and pulled Broly out

We should all aspire to be like her

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Kelp Plankton posted:

Kale wanted to become someone stronger and she reached deep inside herself and pulled Broly out

We should all aspire to be like her

However, another way of interpreting that is:

"Kale wanted to become someone stronger and she reached deep insider herself and became a big piss-baby who holds lifelong revenge against someone for crying too much as an infant.

We should ll aspire to be liker her."

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

I don't know who keeps making these, but I hope they never stop.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I don't know who keeps making these, but I hope they never stop.

Real talk though 18 was the U7 MVP this week.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I interpreted Kale saying "I hate who I am" as she hated that she couldn't help Caulifla or hated that she was always holding her back because she was so demure and such. seemed rather obvious, but the other interpretations are interesting

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
Kind of rude of Toppo and Jiren to go off to engage in their gay romance and make out with each other while the rest of their friends are eliminated.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
So U6 and U2 remain the only universes that haven't lost anyone, right? I'm very disappointed in the pride troopers. Great episode, though. Really established Kale and Caulifla as great characters.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
All they did was the Goku and Gohan thing again.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
For a team that's supposed to be big on teamwork, the five Pride Troopers in this episode sure did a lot of standing around watching their teammates attack instead of actually helping each other. There was the duo attack and then the final combined beam and the rest of it was Kahseral smugging it up about how the Pride Troopers are awesome before getting dunked on. A little disappointing.

My favorite part of the episode was 18 simply because of how completely stone cold she is. It was like a case study in why Goku and Vegeta are written to be stupid/arrogant/prideful because if you coupled their insane power with 18's practicality a lot of fights would be over really fast.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Punchmonkies enjoy fighting. Androids enjoy winning.

Also, one funny thing: The Pride Troopers, in their infinite Justice, were fine with winning through outnumbering their opponents. Goku, the single most hated man in 12 universes, lets a couple of tired, beat up opponents walk away after they sorta helped him, with the promise of better fights to come.

I mean, morally, U7 loses forever. They brought Freezar back from the dead, and turned him loose on the ToP. But it does make you wonder how much the Pride Troopers actually care about honor and justice.

OB_Juan fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Jul 30, 2017

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
When Goku gets outta this tournament Beerus is gonna put a shock color on him that goes off whenever he lets his guard down. it's been a few episodes since we saw a universe wink out, I suppose 10 is next in the chopping black.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Episode was good, Kale owns, Caulifa owns, and all but two to four universes being relevant also owns.

U7 was an underdog, these episodes have been their "yo we ain't loving around" moments. The pride troopers were another Ginyu force, ultimately, and they got treated as such and that is a good thing. Leave the secret sentai badassery to the Great Saiyaman, imo

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

OB_Juan posted:

Punchmonkies enjoy fighting. Androids enjoy winning.

Also, one funny thing: The Pride Troopers, in their infinite Justice, were fine with winning through outnumbering their opponents. Goku, the single most hated man in 12 universes, lets a couple of tired, beat up opponents walk away after they sorta helped him, with the promise of better fights to come.

I mean, morally, U7 loses forever. They brought Freezar back from the dead, and turned him loose on the ToP. But it does make you wonder how much the Pride Troopers actually care about honor and justice.

Pride Troopers only care about winning.

To Goku Winning is his goal, but he needs to enjoy the act of it in order for it to have any value.

It's why he lets so many people walk, as a win against someone not worth his time is meaningless.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Goku's Heaven is a series of people like Cauli who just keep getting beaten, come back strong, beat him, he comes back stronger, beats them, etc, and this is essentially the only way he'll ever be happy

Sadly everyone who is hideously powerful enough to do this also always wants to murder life

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Kanos posted:

For a team that's supposed to be big on teamwork, the five Pride Troopers in this episode sure did a lot of standing around watching their teammates attack instead of actually helping each other. There was the duo attack and then the final combined beam and the rest of it was Kahseral smugging it up about how the Pride Troopers are awesome before getting dunked on. A little disappointing.

My favorite part of the episode was 18 simply because of how completely stone cold she is. It was like a case study in why Goku and Vegeta are written to be stupid/arrogant/prideful because if you coupled their insane power with 18's practicality a lot of fights would be over really fast.

The androids have a mostly unique advantage in this tournament because everyone else has to be frugal with their MP but 18 and 17 can cast "guy blows up" infinitely.

I kinda thought universe 3 would have something similar but for the moment I think they'll be something Freeza beats on offscreen.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
I like how whenever Freeza shows up he's just tormenting some fool. That shot of him in the next episode preview was good too, is he laughing at the power of love? If he's immune and they're able to beat that universe due to bringing him along it would be great.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Caidin posted:

The androids have a mostly unique advantage in this tournament because everyone else has to be frugal with their MP but 18 and 17 can cast "guy blows up" infinitely.

I kinda thought universe 3 would have something similar but for the moment I think they'll be something Freeza beats on offscreen.
That Pride Trooper guy couldn't sense 'em either. I feel like they're going to have some kind of larger role in the end. Maybe the Angels are also Androids, or something similar? If #17 wasn't married he'd be the logical next GOD, really.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Episode 101 is possibly one the best dragon ball episodes i've seen. I'm saying this poo poo right now, Goddamn, that was good.

I was loving hype the entire time

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Jul 30, 2017

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

I like how whenever Freeza shows up he's just tormenting some fool. That shot of him in the next episode preview was good too, is he laughing at the power of love? If he's immune and they're able to beat that universe due to bringing him along it would be great.

Vegeta is almost going to get run out and Freeza is going to save him. Vegeta fans are going to turn into people of salt.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

A few people are still confused that universe level means power. U7 and U6 are basically probably the most powerful overall universes, with outliers like Jiren existing in others that give the Goku/Vegeta/Freeza/Hit/maybe Gohan tier a lot of trouble.

The drama is Goku being enough of a dumbass to get himself eliminated and, with time running down, how many people will be left from each universe.

Rewatching the ending song, with only Goku/Gohan fighting and everyone else watching, it DEFINITELY seems like those will be the last two left. We'll see.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
If we're talking about people that use the Power of Love I'd think Vegeta is well-equipped to fight magical girls

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

OB_Juan posted:

Well they referred to one of them as "Conquering" planets instead of freeing them so it's safe to say that the Pride Troopers might just be a shade of grey.

Caidin posted:

Yeah they're their own nuclear energy source that never runs out, so they don't have to worry about stamina at all, just being over-powered. Since they're on the upper end of the tournament already they don't have a whole lot to fear.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

Frieza defeats the Power of Love just by being so self-absorbed that the concept of affection for another person is completely alien to him and thereby unable to affect him.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I kind of hope we get to see 17 do more cool things, since as we've seen, he trained himself all these years and is now Goku/Vegeta tier.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I've been re-watching Dragon Ball Z and I can't believe how gay Gohan is for his big green daddy.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

RealFoxy posted:

I've been re-watching Dragon Ball Z and I can't believe how gay Gohan is for his big green daddy.

You know there's more kinds of affection than romantic. And for the majority of DBZ that Gohan is 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Anyone else really loving annoyed that both Gohan and Goku have the same voice actor? Like I'm constantly confusing the two.