Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
If Caufila and Kale fused, would they become Cale?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

tbp posted:

its literally what gohan did

gohan went ss by getting mad over imagining cell killing his family. he went ss2 over getting mad at cell after someone told him it's ok to be angry. how's that anything like kale getting mad at herself for not being useless

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Manatee Cannon posted:

gohan went ss by getting mad over imagining cell killing his family. he went ss2 over getting mad at cell after someone told him it's ok to be angry. how's that anything like kale getting mad at herself for not being useless
what? no
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPX1smCpHfw

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I love people who apparently don't remember poo poo about Dragonball complaining about poo poo Dragonball has been doing forever.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Dexo posted:

I love people who apparently don't remember poo poo about Dragonball complaining about poo poo Dragonball has been doing forever.

anime filler; that scene isn't in the manga at all. this is where he first tries and when goku tells him to his his anger against cell and freeza (the latter of which I did forget about to be fair):

this is when he first transforms:

next time you see him he has short hair:

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Yo just wanted to drop in and say this was the best episode of this entire arc. I love that 17 and 18 are putting so much work in and it's sad but the next episode preview makes me think they aren't long for this world. It's a good thing Kale and Caulifla are great enough characters to carry this arc to the finish line.

Does anyone have an updated version of the elimination chart? Universe 10 should be on its way out by now right?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Huh. I guess I'll take that L(though lol at the number of just outright untranslated poo poo)

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea it's bad but idk where to get better quality versions of that stuff. I just went to the first place I was pretty sure had it at all

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Scanlations of Dragon Ball online are across the board pretty poo poo.

My favorite sound effect is "un-trans".

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
I am saddened by the lack of humorous sideline antics and commentary in these past episodes. Please remedy this, toei.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

TheHan posted:

Does anyone have an updated version of the elimination chart? Universe 10 should be on its way out by now right?

This is pretty comprehensive: https://i.imgur.com/efpGwdW.png

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Dexo posted:

Huh. I guess I'll take that L(though lol at the number of just outright untranslated poo poo)

"Gohan, I'm going to make you a Super Saiyan!"
SCENE MISSING
"Good job, son, you defeated Cell!"

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Funky Valentine posted:

Scanlations of Dragon Ball online are across the board pretty poo poo.

My favorite sound effect is "un-trans".

Yu-Gi-Oh, too.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Zedd posted:

Oh turns out they're even with the Pride Troopers. Weird though that we haven't gotten a quick cutaway to Gowasu sweating his imminent destruction.
Also forgot that there's just two spots on Universe 6 that have still not been filled I guess with how many characters they have to focus on it doesn't really matter if there's two filler characters. Still weird the Yardrat is from Universe 2.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Preview shows Piccolo's eyes going blank, so he might be getting it.

Here's me rooting for opening spoiler to be real.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

TheHan posted:

Oh turns out they're even with the Pride Troopers. Weird though that we haven't gotten a quick cutaway to Gowasu sweating his imminent destruction.
Also forgot that there's just two spots on Universe 6 that have still not been filled I guess with how many characters they have to focus on it doesn't really matter if there's two filler characters. Still weird the Yardrat is from Universe 2.

I think its less the unseen universe 6 guys are filler characters and more that they will be big reveals(at least I hope so).

Like how rad would it be if its a Human(from reborn u6 earth) and a u6 Namekian?

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Archenteron posted:

Di molto bene

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

TheHan posted:

"Well, at least a universe that didn't produce Zamasu gets to live a little longer..." :unsmith:

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Zedd posted:

Who did Jiren save from a ringout?

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Jedah posted:

Higher quality PNG:

If hes gonna have a mustachio it may as well be the GT mustachio

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

TheHan posted:

Still weird the Yardrat is from Universe 2.

Maybe he is from universe 7 and teleported to universe 2? Goku is able to teleport between dimensions, he goes to the afterlife all the time (Kami could do this too, so maybe Piccolo can teleport if he wants?). Its not a stretch to imagine a master of the technique managing to travel between universes.

I did find it odd that Goku couldn't teleport into that bubble created by the Invisible Woman pride trooper. He was able to shatter Hits pocket dimension just fine.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
That or any species with instant transmission could probably populate every universe ever.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I like how there's only one (1) ring out from someone outside U6 & U7. If Jiren and Toppo are saving their stamina, they're doing a bang up job.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Guess this has come full circle

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I always wonder if that stuff is any good, but half the reviews are people whining about salt or the weird western racism over msg. The rest are "it's good!!!"

Also this episode was really good but I don't really care they're dunking on SSJ transformations at all so maybe I'm not a true Z fan.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Rutibex posted:

Maybe he is from universe 7 and teleported to universe 2? Goku is able to teleport between dimensions, he goes to the afterlife all the time (Kami could do this too, so maybe Piccolo can teleport if he wants?). Its not a stretch to imagine a master of the technique managing to travel between universes.

I did find it odd that Goku couldn't teleport into that bubble created by the Invisible Woman pride trooper. He was able to shatter Hits pocket dimension just fine.

I remember back in Z how Shin said his Kai Kai is identical to instant transmission, and Shin can move through dimensions freely, so I can believe that someone who actually trains it up can dimension hop. Goku could just not be that good at it. I mean why master a technique that doesn't punch someone in some way?

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

TheHan posted:

I remember back in Z how Shin said his Kai Kai is identical to instant transmission, and Shin can move through dimensions freely, so I can believe that someone who actually trains it up can dimension hop. Goku could just not be that good at it. I mean why master a technique that doesn't punch someone in some way?

I mean

Goku DOES teleport to the afterlife with shocking regularity.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

dr.acula posted:

If hes gonna have a mustachio it may as well be the GT mustachio

That's a funny idea, but I'm not the right man for the job, I hate GT with a passion. If anyone else wants to do it, feel free.

But I'm open to suggestions on other discourse chef ideas. I guess it doesn't necessarily have to be Vegeta. Mr. Satan, maybe?

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013

canoshiz posted:

Guess this has come full circle

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

StrifeHira posted:

I mean

Goku DOES teleport to the afterlife with shocking regularity.

Yeah but that's still in his own universe, he seems to have trouble getting to Beerus's planet so there's definitely some kind of limit.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

TheHan posted:

Yeah but that's still in his own universe, he seems to have trouble getting to Beerus's planet so there's definitely some kind of limit.
It's not impossible that Goku lacks the deteronic frombotzer organ that a Yardrat does so he has to kind of half-rear end it with ki sense.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

TheHan posted:

He can only teleport to ki sources he can sense relatively strongly.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

TheHan posted:

Is the afterlife really still "his own universe"? Its not like you could travel there in a space ship (unless you fly into the sun I guess).

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Rutibex posted:

Is the afterlife really still "his own universe"? Its not like you could travel there in a space ship (unless you fly into the sun I guess).
It's "his universe" in the sense that the U7 Afterlife where King Kai hangs out and so forth seems to be fundamentally different from the presumable one in U6.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It's also possible that the Yardrat are native to U2 and 11 and a group of them just went over to U7 for some reason.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rutibex posted:

Give Bulma enough time and she probably could work it out.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Is there anything stopping Goku from instant transmissioning back to the living world when he is dead? He can go the other way around, and dead people seem to exist fine in the living world with their halos.

I suppose its more a matter of Goku hating his friends and family. He abandoned his family to train Uub, when he could very easily just teleport (or heck even fly!) back home for the night.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Didn't Goku teleport from the after life to the living realm to punch Bojack? Is that what you were thinking of

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Rutibex posted:

Is there anything stopping Goku from instant transmissioning back to the living world when he is dead? He can go the other way around, and dead people seem to exist fine in the living world with their halos.

I suppose its more a matter of Goku hating his friends and family. He abandoned his family to train Uub, when he could very easily just teleport (or heck even fly!) back home for the night.

Presumably it doesn't work like this, since Goku had to ask Baba for help and King Yemma for permission to bring Freeza back, as opposed to simply teleporting to hell and prison breaking him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Kanos posted:

Presumably it doesn't work like this, since Goku had to ask Baba for help and King Yemma for permission to bring Freeza back, as opposed to simply teleporting to hell and prison breaking him.

I got the impression that was Goku needing their permission to release Freeza from his punishment in hell, and that they had the ability to free Freeza for 24 hours. But I won't pretend to know how this works.

If he just randomly decided to release Freeza from hell without notifying anybody, Beerus would probably catch wind of it (from one of the Kaiohs), and erase him on the spot. Don't you think?