Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Augus posted:

magetta

actually he doesn't exist yet because cabba has no kids

Wait, no, gently caress you're right. The invincible Bota Magetta is U6 Goten and Trunks/Gotenks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

deadly_pudding posted:

Wait, no, gently caress you're right. The invincible Bota Magetta is U6 Goten and Trunks/Gotenks.
Oh poo poo

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Hit being Purple Pikkon is basically just saying Hit is Purple Piccolo with Serial Numbers Filed Off so I'm not sure that's really a bad thing to be.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Hit strikes me as Goku going full loop and rival-flirting with the mirror-verse of his own first rival

If Piccolo could pick up some new tricks on Hit's level it'd be cool to see him get truly competitive again

Bring back the Demon King dammit, let the slugman show off weird divine sorcery and techs that mess with the majority "hit them, then hit them harder" fighters

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Hit is actually U6 Guldo

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

who's the U6 pig though

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
the demon pig from gt hero's legacy

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Justin_Brett posted:

Why are these less acceptable than Kale's obvious references?

It's not like referencing itself is a bad thing, Frost just is the short end of the stick because his change to the source is really minor and insignificant. If he was an actually good version of Freeza, I think that would have been a lot cooler and it still upsets me. A guy I watched Dragonball Super with recently saw the U6 tournament arc for the first time and he basically agrees.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Here's why Frost sucks.

It's not What If Freeza Was Smarter

It's "What If Freeza Was a Coward"

To facilitate this, Frost is notably weaker than Freeza.

You can see the difference between the two clear as day in the tournament. Frost has knocked One Person off, and it was Krillin, and it was done with a SNEAK ATTACK, ON KRILLIN, and he immediately hosed off with a smoke bomb before he could get his poo poo kicked in.

Freeza has been taking a violent stroll around the ring just torturing whoever he happens to come across and isn't even trying.

One of these two is infinitely cooler than the other. And it's not the one that has to hit and run Krillin of all characters.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
It would be awesome if Frost started shaking and vomiting uncontrollably, and then exploded, revealing it was Freeza's long lost bro, Cooler, all along. :cool:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

frost's real problem is that they decided to bring actual frieeza back

frost just ain't gonna be able to get the attention to differ him further when the writers and the viewers are all 'hey i wonder what super cool nostalgic villain frieeza is up to'

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Burkion posted:

Here's why Frost sucks.

It's not What If Freeza Was Smarter

It's "What If Freeza Was a Coward"

To facilitate this, Frost is notably weaker than Freeza.

You can see the difference between the two clear as day in the tournament. Frost has knocked One Person off, and it was Krillin, and it was done with a SNEAK ATTACK, ON KRILLIN, and he immediately hosed off with a smoke bomb before he could get his poo poo kicked in.

Freeza has been taking a violent stroll around the ring just torturing whoever he happens to come across and isn't even trying.

One of these two is infinitely cooler than the other. And it's not the one that has to hit and run Krillin of all characters.

Actually frost is cooler than dumb torture man.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Frost is 100x smarter than Frieza and will definitely gently caress him over at some point

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Cooler's final transformation is way more awesome than Frost's lame-rear end copycat final form.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rgd5H4LrgI&t=51s

The mouth guard at the end just seals the deal. :allears:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Jedah posted:

Cooler's final transformation is way more awesome than Frost's lame-rear end copycat final form.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rgd5H4LrgI&t=51s

The mouth guard at the end just seals the deal. :allears:

Meh. I've come to the realization that all the movie designs try too hard to be 90s superheroes. DBZ is at its best when it goes for simpler, borderline parody designs for its characters.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Covok posted:

Meh. I've come to the realization that all the movie designs try too hard to be 90s superheroes. DBZ is at its best when it goes for simpler, borderline parody designs for its characters.

Too reminiscent of Shredder from Ninja Turtles?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Jedah posted:

Too reminiscent of Shredder from Ninja Turtles?

Indeed.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I like to think of it as just reminiscent enough.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Black August posted:

Hit strikes me as Goku going full loop and rival-flirting with the mirror-verse of his own first rival

Oh, Hit Is mirror Krllin - cool.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I actually like that they set up Frost to be good Frieza but then the twist is he's just good PR Frieza, it's just that this is a thing you can only do once and afterwards you either go in a whole new direction or you're stuck with Frieza but less so. It's why I half-hoped and half-expected he'd get some kinda redemption arc for the tournament, just because it would give him more contrast to Frieza.

As it is I don't have a lot of interest in Frost as a character. Having him stealth-gank people stupid enough to casually hang out at the edge of the arena is funny but that's not enough to make him interesting for me.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Wait, which came first, Cooler or Super Shredder?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mordaedil posted:

Wait, which came first, Cooler or Super Shredder?

Cooler edges out TMNT 2, so Cooler.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

I don't know, but I can tell you I was about 12 years old the first time I saw the Cooler DBZ movie. I'd saved up my money and bought a Cantonese dub VHS from Chinatown, and it loving owned.

Jedah fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jul 31, 2017

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I just wish Pikkon would show up in Super. The other world stuff in that filler was pretty interesting and would be a cool place to go next somehow.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
Cooler was one of a hundred movie dudes that would have been awesome, had it not been in movie form

Like, Freeza's brother that comes to Earth to meet the man that killed the little poo poo--and has a form Freeza didn't--is a neat idea. Hell, a squad of space pirates being imprisoned in King Kai's planet sounds rad as hell.

But the movies are... the movies. See also: all the wasted premises in GT.

Though, typing all this out has made me wonder if anyone's done any Raditz and Cooler related fanfic. The forgotten brother of Goku and the forgotten brother of Freeza, fighting in Hell or something.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Hearing Cooler's Japanese voice has kind of ruined him for me. The TFS summary that essentially called him lamer Frieza seems pretty spot on, at least in Japan.

Though it really seems that way for pretty much every character that shares a voice actor. I like English Frost sounding very similar but not quite the same as Frieza, for instance.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I still love the detail that was lowkey confirmed in Xenoverse 2 that Cooler does exist in the main time line, he just has wisely hosed off to his own corner of the universe and left all the bullshit behind. The movies are non canon, Cooler is canon

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I legitimately hope they add Cooler Form into XV3. Make it an alternate to Golden that makes you good at the punches instead of the kis.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I like how Shin Budokai gives Cooler more of a unique personality, beyond being Freeza but not a terrible boss. It makes him more honourable, to the point where he gives up on taking hostages so long as Gohan fights him alone because Gohan's willingness to sacrifice himself for Videl is not something he can ignore, and even wishes Gohan would join him as he dies. It made Cooler my favourite movie villain.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Stallion Cabana posted:

I legitimately hope they add Cooler Form into XV3. Make it an alternate to Golden that makes you good at the punches instead of the kis.

I hope Frost breaks it out, especially since Universe 6 already has Broly.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I've been rewatching the original DB, and am at the first Budokai Tenkaichi tournament. I watched Krillin's fight against Bacterian, which is actually a pretty good foreshadowing in how he dealt with Majora. Krillin farts in Bacterian's face to beat him, and throws his stinky shoe at Majora to beat him too.

I love Goku yelling "the smell is all in your mind, you don't even have a nose!"

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Burkion posted:

I still love the detail that was lowkey confirmed in Xenoverse 2 that Cooler does exist in the main time line, he just has wisely hosed off to his own corner of the universe and left all the bullshit behind. The movies are non canon, Cooler is canon

since when was xenoverse canon

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

cooler's final transformation sucks since the whole point of frieza's final form is that it's slim and streamlined. It's supposed to be a stark contrast from his other transformations which progressively got more monstrous.

With Cooler, it's "Hey I'm a big hulking dude again but I get a cool mask, I guess."

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Honestly part of why I love Cooler's final form, besides the cool mask, is because it's STILL streamlined.

Like people joked about Shredder, but the most he has are some elbow blades and his head crest.

For a big muscle dude, he's way taller and more lithe than when Freeza bulked out balancing that out nicely. People overdo it in fan art and the like, and the Xenoverse/DB Heroes armor based on it are the worst examples of over complicated, but Cooler himself just looks good.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Monaghan posted:

cooler's final transformation sucks
:nono:

quote:

but I get a cool mask, I guess."
:radcat: dude's alright after all

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

The Bee posted:

I hope Frost breaks it out, especially since Universe 6 already has Broly.

Meanwhile Brianne goes into her second form, literally Super Janemba

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Justin_Brett posted:

Meanwhile Brianne goes into her second form, literally Super Janemba

We could technically get Gogeta just before the end of the tournament. Piccolo, Gohan, 17, and 18 provide a distraction. Goku and Vegeta suck up their pride and fuse, because they don't want their families erased.

The hell would Jiren do against Blue Gogeta? It would be a completely one sided rear end-whooping. :colbert:

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Covok posted:

Cooler's such a loser anyway, he has this big fancy next level transformation, but he manages to put up even less of a fight than his brother did against Super Saiyan Goku.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Jedah posted:

We could technically get Gogeta just before the end of the tournament. Piccolo, Gohan, 17, and 18 provide a distraction. Goku and Vegeta suck up their pride and fuse, because they don't want their families erased.

The hell would Jiren do against Blue Gogeta? It would be a completely one sided rear end-whooping. :colbert:

Jiroppo. Also throw in SSJ3 Kalifla.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Crosspeice posted:

Jiroppo. Also throw in SSJ3 Kalifla.

The saddest part about Caulifla going SSJ3? We won't get to see the over-the-top Oozaru scream sequence, since they've already lost their tails.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lojvWUsa0tc&t=191s