Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Oh man, it's also going to kill my pet-theory that SSJ3 is Goku half-oozaru.

Ah well, whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the real saddest part about caulifla going ss3 is that she's gonna lose to whoever she's fighting

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Jedah posted:

The hell would Jiren do against Blue Gogeta? It would be a completely one sided rear end-whooping. :colbert:

Considering how fast SS3 burned out Gotenks, Gogeta Blue would split so fast it'd set off a chain reaction and vaporize everything in the resulting explosion.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Goku telling her about 3 is so mean.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

hosed up thing about it is, I bet goku still thinks ss3 is good

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

TheHan posted:

Considering how fast SS3 burned out Gotenks, Gogeta Blue would split so fast it'd set off a chain reaction and vaporize everything in the resulting explosion.

Definitely true on Earth, but I wonder if the "rules" work differently in the World of Void? Part of the reason the tournament was held there was so fighters could take advantage of the full extent of their powers. Plus, Whis is always indicating that Goku and Vegeta should work together, and that they'd be formidable if they teamed up.

Fusing into Gogeta wouldn't break the rules, it's just a kind of technique. So assuming Vegeta and Goku have the stamina to maintain it, maybe they won't instantly split?

If Gogeta doesn't happen, we might just get more aura-stacking from Goku. That's cool, too, but I wanna see Gogeta do that awesome move where he casually lifts off the ground, floats towards his opponent, and suddenly they've been hit by 100 attacks at once and they're full of huge dents in their body. :madmax:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQoDh8-AKJc&t=9s

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Gogeta Blue would own, especially if Gogeta says to Jiren (or whoever) "I can only maintain this fusion at Blue form for five minutes" *fight lasts 7 episodes*

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Manatee Cannon posted:

hosed up thing about it is, I bet goku still thinks ss3 is good

What if Goku's new form is combining the ki control of blue with the extra power of SSJ3?

For whatever reason his hair will now be purple.

Edit: And fabulous.

pik_d fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Aug 1, 2017

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

pik_d posted:

What if Goku's new form is combining the ki control of blue with the extra power of SSJ3?

For whatever reason his hair will now be purple.

Edit: And fabulous.

By the end of DBS, Goku obtains the ultimate form of super sayian: Super Sayian Rainbow!

Also, googling super sayian rainbow brought up a disturbing amount of MLPxDBZ fanart.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Burkion posted:

Here's why Frost sucks.

It's not What If Freeza Was Smarter

It's "What If Freeza Was a Coward"

To facilitate this, Frost is notably weaker than Freeza.

Actually that's why he's cool??????? 90% of Super's whole steeze is 'Fight smarter not harder' with people using goofy gimmicks smart to put up a decent fight and Frost is the Super version of Freeza. He knows he can't win a head on fight so he takes what he can get. Being a super coward and having to take pot shots is an interesting twist on Freeza's character (which was 'I am an unstoppable force of desire of destruction and will crush all').

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Mordaedil posted:

Oh man, it's also going to kill my pet-theory that SSJ3 is Goku half-oozaru.

Ah well, whatever.

Goku also doesn't have a tail though?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I've been trying to figure out what Goku's new form will be but I have no clue at all. that one promo image is his hair that's normal but with some strands of Blue, but what could it mean...

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Covok posted:

By the end of DBS, Goku obtains the ultimate form of super sayian: Super Sayian Rainbow!

Also, googling super sayian rainbow brought up a disturbing amount of MLPxDBZ fanart.

Goku becomes Sonic, who became Goku back in 92.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Jedah posted:

If Gogeta doesn't happen, we might just get more aura-stacking from Goku. That's cool, too, but I wanna see Gogeta do that awesome move where he casually lifts off the ground, floats towards his opponent, and suddenly they've been hit by 100 attacks at once and they're full of huge dents in their body. :madmax:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQoDh8-AKJc&t=9s

Everytime I see this clip Gogeta just comes off as this otherworldly, supremely powerful being. He doesn't even use any beam attacks, he vaporized Janemba from the inside-out! SS4 Gogeta actually feels weaker in comparison.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

TheHan posted:

Everytime I see this clip Gogeta just comes off as the most otherworldly supremely powerful being in DBZ. He doesn't even use any beam attacks, he vaporized Janemba from the inside-out! SS4 Gogeta actually feels weaker in comparison.

That's because GT writes Gogeta as if he was Gotenks. They might as well be two completely different characters, to the point where Xenoverse 2 has SS Gogeta criticize SS4 Gogeta's personality, despite being the same person.

Even in battle they're totally different, SS Gogeta just sets off with an amazing physical combo that includes disappearing to finish with one of the coolest energy attacks in the whole series that, if we're to believe its name (Soul Punisher), works by literally destroying the enemy's soul (or purifying it, seeing how it turned Janemba back into Saike Demon). Meanwhile, SS4 Gogeta just fucks around during his one fight and uses moves we've seen everyone else use, apart from the Big Bang Kamehameha which was kind of cool but nowhere near as cool as the Soul Punisher (plus is, by definition, weaker than his Potara counterpart's Final Kamehameha, being based on a weaker move for no explainable reason).

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013

Shinjobi posted:

Goku becomes Sonic, who became Goku back in 92.

everything comes full circle.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

TheHan posted:

Everytime I see this clip Gogeta just comes off as this otherworldly, supremely powerful being. He doesn't even use any beam attacks, he vaporized Janemba from the inside-out! SS4 Gogeta actually feels weaker in comparison.

You're 100% correct. SS4 Gogeta is weaker because he's from the inferior series, Dragon Ball GT, a horrible mistake which must be erased by Beerus in order to restore balance to Universe 7.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
To be fair, we have objective fact that Omega Shenron was weaker than Demon King Piccolo

Demon King Piccolo could have wiped out that roller coaster in one shot

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The original appearance of Gogeta felt really scary and powerful, like it was clear unifying Goku and Vegeta in a single body with all their strength combined was just this ungodly thing, too strong to exist, surpassing understanding

Vegito afterwards by comparison had a lot more personality but just felt like they were kind of mashed together into a new dude, who's strong, but not in some weird supernatural way or anything. Vegito fits better with how the show handles Goku and Vegeta ascending to God status and everything. Vegito feels very Toriyama whereas Gogeta, while cool, seemed like maybe he was too cool to exist as a Toriyama thing. he was flash and coolness and none of the weird goofiness that shows up when this stuff actually happens in dragonball

SSJ4 Gogeta was just done by someone who wanted to sell toys or whatever, I don't think they put any care into it. maybe he's closer to how Toriyama would have handled it? i dont know. why is his hair red anyway

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Kelp Plankton posted:

The original appearance of Gogeta felt really scary and powerful, like it was clear unifying Goku and Vegeta in a single body with all their strength combined was just this ungodly thing, too strong to exist, surpassing understanding

Vegito afterwards by comparison had a lot more personality but just felt like they were kind of mashed together into a new dude, who's strong, but not in some weird supernatural way or anything. Vegito fits better with how the show handles Goku and Vegeta ascending to God status and everything. Vegito feels very Toriyama whereas Gogeta, while cool, seemed like maybe he was too cool to exist as a Toriyama thing. he was flash and coolness and none of the weird goofiness that shows up when this stuff actually happens in dragonball

SSJ4 Gogeta was just done by someone who wanted to sell toys or whatever, I don't think they put any care into it. maybe he's closer to how Toriyama would have handled it? i dont know. why is his hair red anyway

I don't think GT Gogeta is closer to Toriyama's intent. Toriyama clearly saw Vegetto as a middle point between the Toei fusions: he has Goku's relaxed personality and Vegeta's arrogance, but he's also very goal-driven and intelligent, all of his loving around was so Buu would eat him, thus giving him the chance to save everyone, at no point was Vegetto being an idiot for the sake of it (unlike Gotenks). It shows even more in Super, without the need to stall, Vegetto is arrogant, but 100% in control of the situation, beating the ever-loving crap out of an immortal, fused, ever-powering-up god like it was no big deal. In both cases, Vegetto is beaten by something neither he nor his parts could see coming: the Potara's time limit, which at first they were not told (because the U7 Kaioshins are worthless) and then they were told wrong, without taking into account how their power would lower their time (because the U10 Kaioshin is worthless).

Contrast to GT Gogeta, where he acts literally exactly the same as Gotenks: entirely loving around for the sake of doing so, despite knowing he could win the fight in an instant. He has none of Goku or Vegeta's good traits, he's just a ridiculously powerful buffoon. The fusion runs out before they expected it, but Gogeta could've won at any time, he loses only because he's a gigantic dumbass, which is extremely far from either SS Gogeta or Vegetto, and it feels like Toei just wanted to write Gotenks again, or heavily misunderstood Vegetto. Both are possible, seeing GT's very bad writing.

Contrast, again, to SS Gogeta, who gets very little time but in that time gets one powerful line ("I'm neither Goku nor Vegeta, I'm the one who will destroy you!") and then completely annihilates the enemy, showing exactly what would happen if the two most powerful characters joined forces, but also writes them with none of their negative sides, also showing what would happen if Goku wasn't a fight-loving, relaxed dumbass and Vegeta wasn't a fight-loving, arrogant dumbass.

tl;dr: Toriyama's idea of Goku and Vegeta fusing is more complex than either of Toei's takes.

Also his hair is red because he reverses the hair and fur colour of SS4 for some reason, it looks weird.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

hes actually super saiyan god

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Blaze Dragon posted:

I don't think GT Gogeta is closer to Toriyama's intent. Toriyama clearly saw Vegetto as a middle point between the Toei fusions: he has Goku's relaxed personality and Vegeta's arrogance, but he's also very goal-driven and intelligent, all of his loving around was so Buu would eat him, thus giving him the chance to save everyone, at no point was Vegetto being an idiot for the sake of it (unlike Gotenks). It shows even more in Super, without the need to stall, Vegetto is arrogant, but 100% in control of the situation, beating the ever-loving crap out of an immortal, fused, ever-powering-up god like it was no big deal. In both cases, Vegetto is beaten by something neither he nor his parts could see coming: the Potara's time limit, which at first they were not told (because the U7 Kaioshins are worthless) and then they were told wrong, without taking into account how their power would lower their time (because the U10 Kaioshin is worthless).

Contrast to GT Gogeta, where he acts literally exactly the same as Gotenks: entirely loving around for the sake of doing so, despite knowing he could win the fight in an instant. He has none of Goku or Vegeta's good traits, he's just a ridiculously powerful buffoon. The fusion runs out before they expected it, but Gogeta could've won at any time, he loses only because he's a gigantic dumbass, which is extremely far from either SS Gogeta or Vegetto, and it feels like Toei just wanted to write Gotenks again, or heavily misunderstood Vegetto. Both are possible, seeing GT's very bad writing.

Contrast, again, to SS Gogeta, who gets very little time but in that time gets one powerful line ("I'm neither Goku nor Vegeta, I'm the one who will destroy you!") and then completely annihilates the enemy, showing exactly what would happen if the two most powerful characters joined forces, but also writes them with none of their negative sides, also showing what would happen if Goku wasn't a fight-loving, relaxed dumbass and Vegeta wasn't a fight-loving, arrogant dumbass.

tl;dr: Toriyama's idea of Goku and Vegeta fusing is more complex than either of Toei's takes.

Also his hair is red because he reverses the hair and fur colour of SS4 for some reason, it looks weird.

IIRC SS4 Gogeta hosed around with Omega Shenron because he wanted to piss off Shenron enough to force him to use his negative energy ball which Gogeta deflected and filled with good energy or some poo poo like that.
Seriously though, SS4 Gogeta could curb stomp Omega Shenron at any time and yet he still chose to gloat after the fact instead of finishing Shenron off. It's GT being GT by ruining a decent idea.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Aug 1, 2017

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Testekill posted:

IIRC SS4 Gogeta hosed around with Omega Shenron because he wanted to piss off Shenron enough to force him to use his negative energy ball which Gogeta deflected and filled with good energy or some poo poo like that.
Seriously though, SS4 Gogeta could curb stomp Omega Shenron at any time and yet he still chose to gloat after the fact instead of finishing Shenron off. It's GT being GT by ruining a decent idea.

I remember this, and it always struck me as weird, cause how did you he know Omega Shenron could do that? And even if he inferred that Shenron had that ability, how did he know he could infuse his positive energy into it to get rid of all the poo poo the Shadow Dragons did to earth? :psyduck:

If that fight had ended with a Big Bang Spirit Bomb it'd probably be remembered more fondly, but chances are they would've fumbled that too. For instance:

phwooosh.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

The answer is all the producers involved with GT were huffing air duster, and their animators were chained to walls and fed gruel.

Edit: as a special incentive, animators received one small spoon of VEGETA seasoning if their quotas were met.

Jedah fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Aug 1, 2017

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Blaze Dragon posted:

That's because GT writes Gogeta as if he was Gotenks. They might as well be two completely different characters, to the point where Xenoverse 2 has SS Gogeta criticize SS4 Gogeta's personality, despite being the same person.

Okay, I need to see this.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The Bee posted:

Okay, I need to see this.

Here you go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ht878HXg4s4&t=193s

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Actually that's why he's cool??????? 90% of Super's whole steeze is 'Fight smarter not harder' with people using goofy gimmicks smart to put up a decent fight and Frost is the Super version of Freeza. He knows he can't win a head on fight so he takes what he can get. Being a super coward and having to take pot shots is an interesting twist on Freeza's character (which was 'I am an unstoppable force of desire of destruction and will crush all').

lmao at the fact that you actually think frost is better than Freeza. XD

Everybody who's cool is WAY more interested in seeing what Freeza's gonna do than what Frost is gonna do.

Blue Star fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Aug 1, 2017

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I was just thinking "Why don't Goku and Vegeta just fuse and win," but leaving aside the tricky powers issue, it makes perfect sense: They're probably holding that back for if when Freeza fucks with them.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Everyone who keeps saying that Goku and Vegeta should fuse at the drop of a hat seems to forget that they really, really resent doing so. They'll only do it when they've exhausted EVERY other option, like in Trunks' timeline. Both of them prefer to get as strong as they on their own, and not rely on the other.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Frost is gonna eliminate Frieza and it's gonna be hilarious

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Frost's whole thing is "Frieza but he keeps poo poo on the down-low" so you know he's going to bust out a heretofore-unmentioned platinum form the moment Frieza tries to double-cross him.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Kurui Reiten posted:

Everyone who keeps saying that Goku and Vegeta should fuse at the drop of a hat seems to forget that they really, really resent doing so. They'll only do it when they've exhausted EVERY other option, like in Trunks' timeline. Both of them prefer to get as strong as they on their own, and not rely on the other.
While very true, the stakes here are higher than a marijuana cow farm, so I think it's at least on the table.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

It also won't last long do they'll have to use it at the last moment. How long did SS3 Gotenks last?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I hope my good friend and best fusion Veku makes his triumphant reappearance.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
What if Goku went Super Saiyan 3 while Super Saiyan blue and using the Kaio Ken? Would Super Saiyan Blue 3 Kaiokenx20 be stronger than Beerus?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

HGH posted:

I hope my good friend and best fusion Veku makes his triumphant reappearance.

As we learnt from Arale, gag powers are far superior to punchman powers. Veku could crush everyone in the tournament

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

HitTheTargets posted:

Goku also doesn't have a tail though?

Good point, actually.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Frost's whole thing is "Frieza but he keeps poo poo on the down-low" so you know he's going to bust out a heretofore-unmentioned platinum form the moment Frieza tries to double-cross him.

This would be hilarious and good, on some level. "I only agreed to fight in this tournament because the universe was going to die. I normally prefer to not advertise my business."
EDIT: Actually, now that I think of it, Frost's third form is probably about as powerful as Frieza's, but it's hard to tell because of the power creep on the U7 crew. He might stand a chance if he's sitting on a secret fourth form.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Teach Kale and Caulifla the fusion dance TIA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Covok posted:

What if Goku went Super Saiyan 3 while Super Saiyan blue and using the Kaio Ken? Would Super Saiyan Blue 3 Kaiokenx20 be stronger than Beerus?

It'd last less than a second, deplete all of his ki and stamina, and leave all of his bones broken.

But for that less than a second, Goku would be incredibly powerful.