Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Rudoku posted:

Freeza's a dick, but he won't stop a long-winded transformation before he let's his out.

You know, that makes sense. I was actually hoping Freeza would do that, but I forgot Freeza usually expects his opponents to respectfully wait for his transformations to end as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Covok posted:

I mean, there will definitely be another arc with Freeza being the villain...again.

Then, there will be the Sun Wukong arc where Goku leads an army of demons against the gods as a response to being spurred by them.

As long as it somehow leads to Bulma and Yamcha getting God Ki, with Oolong almost making the cut but missing out.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Kudos to whoever had the idea to have teenage heartthrob 17 fight the warriors of love

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
This episode was good but it's kind of hilarious that due to Ribanne's single elimination, Universe 2 is now tied for third most Eliminations.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Rudoku posted:

Freeza's a dick, but he won't stop a long-winded transformation before he let's his out.

Freeza's transformation of love will put shame to Ribrianne. Universe 2 might be erased by the time that happens though, what a shame they won't get to witness Golden Freeza.

Lessail posted:

Kudos to whoever had the idea to have teenage heartthrob 17 fight the warriors of love

:yeah:

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Cant wait to meet the U6 Namekians. Hope Ribriane and rest of her universe get eliminated soon, they boring. When is Freeza going to fight Toppo?????

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Blue Star posted:

Hope Ribriane and rest of her universe get eliminated soon, they boring

Why do you take time off your day to make such bad comments!?!?

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

lezard_valeth posted:

I know right?

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

lezard_valeth posted:

Sorry if you like them but nah, aint budging on this.

Frankly all the characters other than Freeza and Piccolo should be eliminated. Permanently. It should be renamed The Freeza and Piccolo Show.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I do hope we get to see Frieza do more than torturing a random jobber soon.

Cran
Mar 23, 2011
I'm still disappointed we aren't going to get Buu fighting Ribrianne, but holy hell 17

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Can't wait for the Caulifla/Kale and Kakunsa/Vikal double date arc.

17 is ice cold.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Dragonball is my favorite Magical Girl anime.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Holy poo poo, 17.

This might just be my favorite episode. I didn't really have one before.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

The funny thing is that I can't tell if Kakunsa/Vikal is a joke on how gay Sailor Neptune & Uranus were or if it's just a joke about how absurd the power of love can get.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Testekill posted:

The funny thing is that I can't tell if Kakunsa/Vikal is a joke on how gay Sailor Neptune & Uranus were or if it's just a joke about how absurd the power of love can get.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgk-lA12FBk

I mean, it is the best answer

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Every time someone on this show gets lovey dovey it's presented as absurd. Even Gohan and Videl. And when Vegeta got angry cuz "MY BULMA".

That's just how this show handles romance.

Also Kakunsa and Vikar don't resemble Haruka and Michiru at all. The entire magical girl genre is not sailor moon.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
I appreciate that the writers had the beast-lady fight against 17, who's a Beastmaster as a day job.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
The android's infinite energy is really handy in this tournament.

Goku made the wrong call. He should have resurrected Dr. Gero instead of Freezer and had him androidify the whole team.

Like U3 did but better cause he is Dr. loving Gero.

Plus if he teamed up with Bulma they would be unstoppable.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I will remind everyone

To defeat Saiyan Saga Goku

Doctor Gero created cyborgs who could fight on the level of Beerus.

To defeat Kaio Ken X 4 Goku.

Doctor Gero is the greatest master of over compensation in the goddamn world. Just think of what the gently caress he would have done if he had actually known about SSJ ahead of time. We'd have the anti Zeno running around with a Red Ribbon Army logo on his head

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Burkion posted:

Doctor Gero created cyborgs who could fight on the level of Beerus.

I don't think they're there yet, man.

17 said he'd been training, so they're not that strong by default.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
17 being the epitome of "I don't give a gently caress" fighting against Sailor Nyan was great. Vegeta reflexively dodging Ribrienne's attack because he couldn't deal with that poo poo too. But we really need more scenes with 17 and 18 being ruthlessly efficient and so tired of this stupid poo poo.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TFRazorsaw posted:

I don't think they're there yet, man.

17 said he'd been training, so they're not that strong by default.

He fought with SSJBlue Goku and didn't get his poo poo pushed, so I'd rate that on "Beerus Level"

He can't beat the guy, but still. It's not like 17 has some insane training program either, dude has a full time job and a family. Gero just made his poo poo to last.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Burkion posted:

He fought with SSJBlue Goku and didn't get his poo poo pushed, so I'd rate that on "Beerus Level"

He can't beat the guy, but still. It's not like 17 has some insane training program either, dude has a full time job and a family. Gero just made his poo poo to last.

yes, he did

But 17 said he'd trained a bunch. This is the character's own words.

18 obviously isn't that strong. Gero's technology isn't that strong by default, the androids themselves are earning that potential.

Also, 17 is out in the wilderness all day making sure his skills are sharp and his animals are safe. I imagine by dragon ball standards he's training 24/7 just by doing his job.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
That energy platform gave me some flashbacks to Goku using the Kamehameha with his feet. It's cool to see creative uses of beams like this again.

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks

This episode :perfect:

I could not stop laughing at Toppo sprinting onto the scene to lecture 17 about interrupting the justice that was U2's transformation, only for him to get out of there blushing tremendously.

snickothemule fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Aug 6, 2017

Spidder
Jan 9, 2005

Covok posted:

You know, that makes sense. I was actually hoping Freeza would do that, but I forgot Freeza usually expects his opponents to respectfully wait for his transformations to end as well.

No way he'd stop them. They're at once both transforming AND doing the team posing catchphrasing thing, both of which Freeza is into.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Spidder posted:

No way he'd stop them. They're at once both transforming AND doing the team posing catchphrasing thing, both of which Freeza is into.

The Ginyu's showed him the necessity of this long ago.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

snickothemule posted:

This episode :perfect:

I could not stop laughing at Toppo sprinting onto the scene to lecture 17 about interrupting the justice that was U2's transformation, only for him to get out of there blushing tremendously.

That would make a great av!

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Episode was rad

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Can't wait for the Caulifla/Kale and Kakunsa/Vikal double date arc.

An episode where Kale keeps trying to ask Caulifla out but keeps getting interrupted and going berserk.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I like how every universe has their own standards of beauty, so some are blushing like crazy after Ribrianne transforms and others just have no clue whats going on

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

Rhonne posted:

I do hope we get to see Frieza do more than torturing a random jobber soon.

I want someone to comment on his halo and suffer the consequences. I don't see any others in the tournament, surely someone must find it interesting that U7 brought a dead guy.

This weeks dub also deserves a shoutout for Goku having an orgasm after Champa proposes the tournament,

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I don't why, but I keep laughing at the U10 GoD hitting his fighters with his trunk.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Episode was good, 17 owns. A shame for all the reused animation in it, but they get a pass on repeating the transformation by being self-aware with Beerus and Champa going "from there?" when they saw they started as far back as the U2 GoD preluding it.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Dias posted:

17 being the epitome of "I don't give a gently caress" fighting against Sailor Nyan was great. Vegeta reflexively dodging Ribrienne's attack because he couldn't deal with that poo poo too. But we really need more scenes with 17 and 18 being ruthlessly efficient and so tired of this stupid poo poo.

He couldn't bring himself to punch a woman in the face after life with bulma.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Its really interesting watching the Dub since there's a fair bit of light cursing and innuendo which means its rated TV-14, so its edgier than DBZ was when most people watched it on cartoonnetwork, even though when the show is aired in Japan its meant to be for young kids and its actually more heavily constrained than Z was there wrt things like blood and violence which itself was often censored in the west.

Its funny to me how the two series's got flipped in opposite directions when they left Japan.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I hope this leads to like 4 concurrent Dragon Ball series, focusing on the wacky adventures of different universes, before a giant crossover event.

Like The Marvel Cinematic Universe, but with Dragon Ball.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

I hope this leads to like 4 concurrent Dragon Ball series, focusing on the wacky adventures of different universes, before a giant crossover event.

Like The Marvel Cinematic Universe, but with Dragon Ball.

I've heard a lot of people talk about how they want to see spin off series set in the other universes.

Are spin offs much of a thing in Japan and anime? Not direct sequels I mean a Better Call Saul or Frasier-esque expansion of some secondary character or element that was popular in the original series into its own thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhAc9YbTm6IJyo5YC7