Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
Look at this fat cat that thinks the board that extends it past the wall is free. Another foot of pipe to mount it differently wouldn't cost any more than that artisan reclaimed plank. The bar could have done a U-tern and been mounted to wall just around the corned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

These guys are way behind the times, open plan bathrooms are the cutting edge of urban design.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
First we wanted open kitchens without cabinets to hide our pots and pans. Now it's bathrooms without doors to hide our plumbing.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Ashcans posted:

These guys are way behind the times, open plan bathrooms are the cutting edge of urban design.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

It looks like there's another door frame immediately to the left so it couldn't slide that way. But :sparkles: barn door :sparkles:!!!

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

I feel like I've stayed in this hotel. Note that there is a shade, however, it can only be controlled from the outside.
Thankfully, I was alone.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

https://twitter.com/lisadraws/status/893969608767455232

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Getting the bed, shower, and toilet in a direct line is some pretty pro-tier planning, wherever people go you can maintain uncomfortable surveillance.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Ashcans posted:

True. http://imgur.com/gallery/HvgVt#R54EQu6

Picture: not a bathroom, but an entire studio apartment.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

"The fixer-upper you have been looking for."

"House seems very solid but needs lots of work"

"There are lots of artistic touches that may intrigue you."

"This is a unique property and we're looking for a unique buyer who has some money and likes to work."

"2 work shops plus a storage building."

"There is a green house there as well if you want to replace the glass"

"And a garden area."

"Lots of natural landscaping...keep what you want."

"Motivated seller. Will look at reasonable offers. Call us today!"

ohgodwhat
Aug 6, 2005

nm posted:

I feel like I've stayed in this hotel. Note that there is a shade, however, it can only be controlled from the outside.
Thankfully, I was alone.

I've also been in a hotel like this. Maybe it's more common than we might think? It was in Shanghai fwiw.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Youth Decay posted:

"House seems very solid but needs lots of work"

Jesus that water heater was an antique even before it tried to reimagine itself as a rocket booster.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

The horror movie murder lair vibe was greatly increased when I got to the shopping cart and steel drums. I know that's not construction related but seriously, what the gently caress.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

That bathroom is for fuckin'.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Liquid Communism posted:

That bathroom is for fuckin'.
on camera.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Or for keeping an eye on the hooker you got to make sure they're not stealing your wallet.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Youth Decay posted:

I read that sign as "Beware of Bugs" and there's nothing inside that makes me think I'm wrong.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh no the honey socket is leaking again.

Brass Key
Sep 15, 2007

Attention! Something tremendous has happened!

The rest is horrifying but I unironically like the weird patchwork mosaic.

This, on the other hand... :stonklol:

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I think that person popped up in the PYF craigslist thread

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Synthbuttrange posted:

This definitely is how you get ants.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Y'all laugh but we had wall bees for a little while. The bathroom spiders would occasionally snag one and eat like kings.

The hippies that removed the bees let us keep some of the wall honey. I did not try any.

The bees got in due to the crappy construction of the "breakfast nook" that previous owners had bolted on to the side of the house. It is a room with no right angles, which made installing cabinets a real joy, and its walls were apparently open to bees.

The previous owners must have redone the kitchen themselves; the pipes under that part of the house are a nightmare, and it's a minor miracle the wiring neither burnt down the house nor electrocuted anyone. The fume hood, for instance, was one good bump/earthquake away from going hot.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

ohgodwhat posted:

I've also been in a hotel like this. Maybe it's more common than we might think? It was in Shanghai fwiw.

While definitely not the one pictured here, the Cosmopolitan in Vegas has windows into the bathroom with the screens on the outside.

pgroce
Oct 24, 2002

"WE DON'T CALL 911. Have a nice day!"

That sign was photographed as evidence somewhere if the prosecutor was halfway competent.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Is that defence against some kind of door to door scam? Is it a sign of a bad neighbourhood or bad owners?

pgroce
Oct 24, 2002

Jaded Burnout posted:

Is that defence against some kind of door to door scam? Is it a sign of a bad neighbourhood or bad owners?

I read it as "Don't call the cops or anything like the cops ever, we're running a grow op/meth lab/combination grow op and meth lab."

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Platystemon posted:

I am told that this shrieked like a banshee and had a five‐centimetre gap on both sides when closed.

It’s a bathroom door.

I'm the discreet nurses' station 911 call when the lady with the broken eye socket tries to explain that she just walked into the bathroom door.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Synthbuttrange posted:

A lot of people don't realize that electricity is not actually solid, it's a very slow-moving liquid.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

ohgodwhat posted:

It looks nearly identical to a place I stayed in Singapore.

pgroce posted:

I read it as "Don't call the cops or anything like the cops ever, we're running a grow op/meth lab/combination grow op and meth lab."

That sign is typically found next to a "Protected by Smith & Wesson" one.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Jerry Cotton posted:

A lot of people don't realize that electricity is not actually solid, it's a very slow-moving liquid.

:golfclap:

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
What a lovely vanity.

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004

ohgodwhat posted:

stayed in similar one in shanghai, and an even more blatant one in beijing.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Motronic posted:

That sign is typically found next to a "Protected by Smith & Wesson" one.

Bingo. The complete intended message is "if you are trespassing we will shoot you to death instead of calling 911."

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.
I assume it is so their kids dont call 911 when the parents OD, and ruin their high with narcam / throw them in prison.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

I saw this exact setup in Seattle except at least the window shades were IN the bathroom.

Consensus was "yeah, that's a gently caress-tub"

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

Jerry Cotton posted:

:vince:

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Jerry Cotton posted:

Please, what is this referring to? It's on the tip of my tongue, I swear I remember this tomfoolery.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

value-brand cereal posted:

Please, what is this referring to? It's on the tip of my tongue, I swear I remember this tomfoolery.

Glass.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Friend of mine told me about the time he helped his buddy fix a garden shed. His buddy is extremely Eastern European and prides himself in improvisation talent and making to with what's available. He therefore refused to go to the store for anything at all. Need some nails, just pull some out of the existing structure. There's redundancy, right?

Highlight came when my friend saw the guy's stack of salvaged materials.
"poo poo, dude, that's not asbestos over there, right?"
"No no, don't worry. Is fiberglass plates."
"Alright, good."
"Asbestos I have over there."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Brass Key posted:

The rest is horrifying but I unironically like the weird patchwork mosaic.

Then you'll love the kitchen floor!

Bathroom floor is also what you might call artistic.

Sad that this forgotten genius did all their best work long before pinterest was there to appreciate it.