Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

That guy wants justice for Vegeta but vegeta is where he needs to be. A slightly higher profile Tien.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

khwarezm posted:

I've heard a lot of people talk about how they want to see spin off series set in the other universes.

Are spin offs much of a thing in Japan and anime? Not direct sequels I mean a Better Call Saul or Frasier-esque expansion of some secondary character or element that was popular in the original series into its own thing.

There's a lot more of the one-offs like the Jaco manga, but some quick googling turns up Akagi and Scientific Railgun.

Also literally the Yugioh card game. :toot:

HitTheTargets fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Aug 6, 2017

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I love how this tournament has been working really hard on making up for 17 and 18 basically not existing in the plot for so long. :allears:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

khwarezm posted:

I've heard a lot of people talk about how they want to see spin off series set in the other universes.

Are spin offs much of a thing in Japan and anime? Not direct sequels I mean a Better Call Saul or Frasier-esque expansion of some secondary character or element that was popular in the original series into its own thing.

Half of Gundam is spin-offs

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Kanos posted:

I love how this tournament has been working really hard on making up for 17 and 18 basically not existing in the plot for so long. :allears:

Yeah, 'specially for 18, she's kicking more rear end than she ever did before.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
It only just occurred to me but 17 not wanting to let opponents transform might go back to what happened back during the Cell saga. It's kinda morbidly ironic in a way.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

HGH posted:

It only just occurred to me but 17 not wanting to let opponents transform might go back to what happened back during the Cell saga. It's kinda morbidly ironic in a way.

I think 18 would care more about that considering the stupid poo poo Vegeta pulled.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

HGH posted:

That's an extremely good point, I wonder if the writers even considered this? In the translation I saw, they didn't hint at that, it was more like 17 saying "they were totally open, why wouldn't I attack?"

But yeah, 17 having some transformation PTSD or at least some awareness of how dangerous it can be makes perfect sense.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Has anyone attacked in the middle of a transformation or powering up before? Like I guess the attempts to stop Cell from becoming perfect count maybe but I can't think of any other instance where it's happened.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Skinty McEdger posted:

Has anyone attacked in the middle of a transformation or powering up before? Like I guess the attempts to stop Cell from becoming perfect count maybe but I can't think of any other instance where it's happened.

Vegeta punched the poo poo out of Gohan when he was transforming into an Oozaru. Didn't help him since it didn't hurt Gohan at all.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Speaking 17 he might possibly be in Dragon Ball FighterZ.

http://shoryuken.com/2017/08/06/android-17-may-be-coming-to-dragonball-fighterz-according-to-comments-from-their-english-voice-actor/

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

This was a good episode.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

When 17 and Hit face-off who is gonna take their hands out of their pockets first?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Lots of people have blasted Goku while he tries to gather energy for the Spirit Bomb.

16, 17, and 18 would all be a really good team to add to that game.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I'm so glad they brought back 17, he's totally owning it.

I love Super. Super is the best. Absolute best.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

HGH posted:

I think it's a lot simpler than that. 17 and 18 don't really have any time or patience for people pulling their poo poo this tournament; they're in it to win it, not to show off or have a fun fight. Both of them have been pretty consistently and brutally practical in all of the fights they've been in so far, and beating up your opponent before they have a chance to get stronger is just par for the course.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

The second half of this episode was great but I really wasn't feeling the first half. I understood the Magical Girl transformation/animation reuse gags but when this show has been plagued with unironic reuse issues that are almost as blatant, the joke feels flatter. The rest was great though, Vegeta's face when Ribrianne rolled towards him and the furry/bird lady Sailor Moon lesbian joke had me dying.

Also holy poo poo someone behind the scenes clearly loves 17, because he has been amazing in Super. 18 has been badass too, she could have so easily slipped into mom mode and ended up with no other identity for the rest of the series.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
it's been 9 minutes over the course of 6 episodes. I hate Dragon Ball time.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ryaomon posted:

FREEZA TIME IS IN FULL EFFECT

Clearly this is the reason Goku revived Freeza

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Ryaomon posted:

I love how after 7-8 minutes the Grand Priest announced that this was when the real battle started with all the lovely guys knocked out.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

dr.acula posted:

When 17 and Hit face-off who is gonna take their hands out of their pockets first?

Neither, they just kick each other to death.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
I really enjoyed the image of Frieza pretending to swoon as hearts were crashing down, I can't wait for him to get a real fight.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

someone give me a caption for this picture, i'm making it my new avatar

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Carlosologist posted:

Megadeath posted:

No escaping pain
You belong to me
Clinging on to life
By the skin o'my teeth

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Carlosologist posted:

The Wince of All Saiyans

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

After how serious the Goku Black arc was, I like how it turns out that U10's Kai is obsessed with Godtube and tea, the GoD is a dumb, loud rear end in a top hat, the angel is a goofy kid, and the top fighters in the universe are all comic relief. No wonder Zamasu went mad.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

The Awesomesaurus posted:

After how serious the Goku Black arc was, I like how it turns out that U10's Kai is obsessed with Godtube and tea, the GoD is a dumb, loud rear end in a top hat, the angel is a goofy kid, and the top fighters in the universe are all comic relief. No wonder Zamasu went mad.

Yet he still had to cause the deletion of Future Trunk's timeline.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Ammat The Ankh posted:

The Wince of All Saiyans
This is very good.

pik_d posted:

I love how after 7-8 minutes the Grand Priest announced that this was when the real battle started with all the lovely guys knocked out.
I hope they go for a running gag of him announcing the real Tournament of power STARTS NOW

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
My only objection to last night's episode is that I really liked Su Roas' base design and wish she would have fought like that for a bit before transforming

...I'm not watching the show the right way

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
For what it's worth Krillin agreed with you

I'll leave the insulting jokes for another time

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Carlosologist posted:

"That post was so gross I instinctively dodged."

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

The Awesomesaurus posted:

zamasu was frank grimes, even up to the part where imitating the target of his scorn leads to his death

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

lezard_valeth posted:

My only objection to last night's episode is that I really liked Su Roas' base design and wish she would have fought like that for a bit before transforming

...I'm not watching the show the right way

It was pretty funny how the Kamikaze Fireballs had their glamorous high fashion costumes for all of five seconds before turning into complete weirdos.

Great episode all round imo they probably landed the Ginyu Force pastiche better here than they did with the Pride Troopers,hoping at least Ribrianne will make it to the semifinals with Hit, Jiren, Frieza etc, her fighting seems pretty legit and it'd make a nice change from all the brooding ultimate power guys.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Brother Entropy posted:

zamasu was frank grimes, even up to the part where imitating the target of his scorn leads to his death

Goku and his family enjoying lobster was just the final goddamn straw.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Super spoiler alert: Gowasu dead, sorry folks. Also Dyspo seems much more powerful than you might think.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

khwarezm posted:

Super spoiler alert: Gowasu dead, sorry folks. Also Dyspo seems much more powerful than you might think.

Yeah it was pretty obvious what with next episode's title. What's the source though? I'm interested on that last part

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lezard_valeth posted:

Yeah it was pretty obvious what with next episode's title. What's the source though? I'm interested on that last part

Reddit has spoilers through ep 105 pulled from japanese tv guide descriptions and promotional stuff.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

lezard_valeth posted:

A fella called Herms translates Japanese TV guides and magazines and they get posted here. Usually its fairly accurate but sometimes messy translation can cause confusion (for example, last episode it said Ribrianne and her friends were going to 'merge' which a lot of people thought meant a Gotenks style fusion but it probably actually meant come together to do their performance), the, uh, plot developments in question seem pretty clear cut here though.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

lmao, everybody got mad at 17 for interrupting the transformation sequence.

Super owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah, Super just owns now. Just....all of it. Except Tien.