Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

The_Doctor posted:

Agh, went to go buy that reduced Lighthouse and forgot everything is closed on Sundays in Germany. :argh:

Reduced lighthouse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The creator lighthouse, with a reduced price.

That set is awesome. Edit: or possibly the ninjago lighthouse I guess.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I don't see either as reduced. Weird. Must be local only.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Yeah, the Lego store by KaDeWe has a bunch of reduced sets in store. The Creator Lighthouse was €35.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Destiny's Bounty is one of the best looking sets they have ever made. It looks like a piece of art almost. Like an actual junk model that you would display on the shelf. But it is lego. Not the greatest build but man does it look sweet when it is done.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Waltzing Along posted:

Destiny's Bounty is one of the best looking sets they have ever made. It looks like a piece of art almost. Like an actual junk model that you would display on the shelf. But it is lego. Not the greatest build but man does it look sweet when it is done.

Agreed. It's got some tedious build in it but when it's all put together it's beautiful. And for a kid it would be very fun to play with.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I'm not usually in the habit of double-dipping much, but I realized I'd probably be buying 2 Voltrons so I can have Voltron and the lions side by side.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Struck out everywhere on Scuttlers and the Tail-Gator for the GF. Did find the Captain America Ms. Marvel jet set though, so snagged that.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I washing machined some Lego for the first time. Thumbs up. Would wash again. They came out looking new.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
We need more spiral bound manuals:

https://twitter.com/LEGO_Group/status/894906175451533312

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Oh cool apparently the dope as hell LEGO Ninjago city is gonna be $500 in Australia.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Chairchucker posted:

Oh cool apparently the dope as hell LEGO Ninjago city is gonna be $500 in Australia.

Of course it is...

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

https://twitter.com/chrismlarson/status/894920384067375104

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
attn: Aus goons

Annoyed I missed the Destiny's Bounty online deal for $180 at Big W, I found Myer is doing 20% on any 2 sets + adding the discount code ANNIVERSARY20 gets you an additional $20 off.
With free shipping I got the Bounty for $192, which is inline with US pricing at least (after exchange rate).

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

The Rage posted:

Struck out everywhere on Scuttlers and the Tail-Gator for the GF. Did find the Captain America Ms. Marvel jet set though, so snagged that.

I think my Wally World still has a bunch, would you like me to see if I can snag one or both for ya? Could put bags into a smaller box if your not into keeping the original boxes.

DrChud fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Aug 8, 2017

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That $1,200 bill almost made me barf unless youre donating them to somewhere else. I was seriously almost sickened. I wish I could explain why.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
Wow, I picked a good time to check on this thread for the first time in years. Popped over to Wal-Mart and got the Creator Lighthouse, Ninjago Lighthouse, Ninjago Tumbler, Tail Gator, and Imperial Hovertank for $118 (down from $260). Dope.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

That $1,200 bill almost made me barf unless youre donating them to somewhere else. I was seriously almost sickened. I wish I could explain why.

Probably a mild jealousy

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Not really - it was like watching someone gorge themselves. Consumerism taken to nth degree.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Chairchucker posted:

gently caress's sake. Lego needs to get their poo poo together with international pricing.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Vintersorg posted:

Vintersorg posted:

Not really - it was like watching someone gorge themselves. Consumerism taken to nth degree.
If they were brand new stock I might agree with you, but I'm not going to feel bad about cleaning out clearance items. They're for reselling later, mostly. I'm probably going to keep one of each if that, except for the Nexo Knights stuff, which I'll probably keep 2 of each. Your sanctimoniousness is noted, though.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Captain Invictus posted:

If they were brand new stock I might agree with you, but I'm not going to feel bad about cleaning out clearance items. They're for reselling later, mostly. I'm probably going to keep one of each if that, except for the Nexo Knights stuff, which I'll probably keep 2 of each. Your sanctimoniousness is noted, though.

At least you let people who were actually there at the time get the deals, too. But no one else. I think that is why he didn't like it. I mean, it's obvious you bought the stuff to resell later and a ton of other people are doing the same thing. Nothing wrong with it, but it's viewed as low-life behavior. Even though resellers are just trying to make a living and the corporations are the ones making the big profits.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's not scalping. They were there long enough to collect a not insignificant layer of dust on them when I pulled most of them out. Comparing buying up clearance stock to "low-life" behavior is hilariously overboard, it's not criminal or even morally reprehensible. Scalping limited-run things like tickets or NES classics or whatever the day they release? Sure. Buying up stuff that's been sitting on the shelf for at least six months? Nahhhhhhh

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Invictus is an arbitrager of pretty much everything.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

He does make it really hard for anyone else to get a good deal in this thread lol.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
Invictus - the thread will forgive you if you open all the sets, mix them up, and build a single giant creation out of them.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

veni veni veni posted:

He does make it really hard for anyone else to get a good deal in this thread lol.
What, I went to one store. There's like tens of thousands of walmarts!

Habibi posted:

Invictus - the thread will forgive you if you open all the sets, mix them up, and build a single giant creation out of them.
I have literally done this before with previous mass purchases. Not with the biggest sets, but I definitely have, like with benny's spaceship X3 or the exosuit. I'll post pics when I get home from work.

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?
All of the Lego resellers are acting as an additional layer of warehouses, keeping a living back-catalog of old sets and parts. While it means that bargains don't last long, I love being able to order old parts and even sets. Also, I've seen several retired sets from less popular themes that can be had for less than original retail price (elves and ninjago, for example).

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Captain Invictus posted:

I have literally done this before with previous mass purchases. Not with the biggest sets, but I definitely have, like with benny's spaceship X3 or the exosuit. I'll post pics when I get home from work.

Well, for what it's worth, I enjoy living vicariously through your gluttonous LEGO clearance binging. I imagine my old self assembling those boxes into an enormous pile and then jumping into the middle of it, squealing first with glee, then with pain.

Habibi fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Aug 9, 2017

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
Invictus is small time. The Walmart clearance bonanza was already days old on the truly crazy reseller boards like Brickpicker, and people buy hundreds at a time.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Captain Invictus: small-time, vicariously enjoyable lego reseller.

Print up your business cards!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah I've only ever invested 3k at the most at any one time, and rarely that much.

Meanwhile, and this isn't the exact image I was looking for, but back when Transformers Masterpiece Soundwave came out, a dude drove to every Toys R Us within like 500 miles of him and bought every last one of them. There was a picture of them all stacked filling a bedroom, hundreds of them. People were straight up threatening his life/that they were going to track him down and mug him. Imagine this, but times 20:

Anyways, bulk buy stuff that I kept and built myself!

3x Exosuits:

2x Spaceship Spaceship Spaceship!:

2x Emperor Zurg:

like 4-6 of these little creator cranes(?) that came in little green-topped plastic containers:

2x yellow Creator Cars from a while back:

1x Alien Defender from the Alien Conquest line:

5x Alien Defenders from the Alien Conquest line:

Dogen posted:

Captain Invictus: small-time, vicariously enjoyable lego reseller.

Print up your business cards!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lZaO5PtfuA&hd=1

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Aug 9, 2017

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I proposed a remix build competition a while ago where we all buy the same cheapish set and make cool stuff using only the pieces from that set. I propose this again in light of the current picture situation.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

djfooboo posted:

I proposed a remix build competition a while ago where we all buy the same cheapish set and make cool stuff using only the pieces from that set. I propose this again in light of the current picture situation.

Just like last time, I love this idea. Unlike last time, I will try to participate.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

What, I went to one store. There's like tens of thousands of walmarts!

I meant deals people have posted in this thread.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I think I lost my Lego mind.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

djfooboo posted:

Lego's started selling 5 dollar sets that's just random pieces of one color. Or you could do a Brickheadz set.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
So I've found the Ninjago Movie minifigs are surprisingly hard to feel for. There's so many bits and accessories in each bag, it kind of fuzzes what it is you're feeling exactly.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

How about something like the £5/$5 sets like the Blue Express? It's a good mix of parts for a tiny price point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I just got that one the other day on a whim because it looks like Thomas the Tank Engine.