Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

tien's fine right now. the only problem I've had with u7 so far is krillin jobbing to a suckerpunch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Maybe light reflecting off of Krillin's bald, shaved head will be the key to Bota-Magetta obtaining victory over Jiren at the end of the Tournament.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."
RIP IN PEACE second catgirl!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Android 17.... is cool
Agreed

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Manatee Cannon posted:

tien's fine right now. the only problem I've had with u7 so far is krillin jobbing to a suckerpunch
it makes sense though, all the times Frieza killed him were a surprise

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Augus posted:

lmao, everybody got mad at 17 for interrupting the transformation sequence.
I do feel vaguely disappointed he didn't sarcastically go "so now can I fight them?" (or just shoot them again) after they transformed, but yeah it was great.

quote:

Super owns.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Jagged Jim posted:

I do feel vaguely disappointed he didn't sarcastically go "so now can I fight them?" (or just shoot them again) after they transformed, but yeah it was great.

I would have loved it if he blasted the other Universe 2 people instead. Hey, he let the Kamikaze Fireballs transform so he did the right thing.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Ryaomon posted:

it's been 9 minutes over the course of 6 episodes. I hate Dragon Ball time.

This won't be the case, but the actual 48 minute fight might be lasting 30 episodes, then.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

The Wince of All Saiyans
great

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Glad Roshis training paid off.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I love basically everything the Androids are doing in the actual tournament so far. 17 not wanting to put up with any bullshit is great. 18 calling him out and then her reaction when he completely bodies Vikal is also great. They're great.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

khwarezm posted:

Super spoiler alert: Gowasu dead, sorry folks. Also Dyspo seems much more powerful than you might think.

good, I'm glad

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

CharlestonJew posted:

good, I'm glad

I'm not.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Ryaomon posted:

Why do you care.

If they hadn't given a specific timeframe, would it really change anything.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Ryaomon posted:

this isn't loving :twentyfour:

I'd much prefer this over that stupid condensed version someone's compiling on r/dbz.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Webbeh posted:

this isn't loving :twentyfour:

I'd much prefer this over that stupid condensed version someone's compiling on r/dbz.

I do appreciate the "freeza arc" in 5 minutes videos which are just super sped up. It might actually be accurate to how quick they are allegedly moving and talking.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

The ToP in real time videos are actually really cool, although obviously not how you should actually experience it for the first time.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
the ToP in real time stuff is fine since all it's really doing is aligning scenes where it makes sense; why would everyone stop talking while the Elephant man is beating up his fighters? Obviously poo poo is still going on, it just happens that they can't air it at the same time so it shows up later.

On the other hand it probably makes stuff even funnier like 17 and 18 going 'okay Goku, be careful, we're splitting up' immediately into 17 standing right next to Goku to blow up the Kamikaze FIreballs.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Can someone link those videos?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I do appreciate Android 17 addressing the elephant in the room in every Dragon Ball fight I've watched, which is "why the hell doesn't anyone attack someone as they power up?" It especially makes sense when your universe is on the line.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

seiferguy posted:

I do appreciate Android 17 addressing the elephant in the room in every Dragon Ball fight I've watched, which is "why the hell doesn't anyone attack someone as they power up?" It especially makes sense when your universe is on the line.

And the answer is that even Frieza recognizes and respects the Beauty and Justice of striking a pose.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

seiferguy posted:

It is addressed on occasion, such as Goku vs Freeza: King Kai outright orders Goku to attack Freeza while he's powering up to 100%, but Goku refuses because he wants to humilliate Freeza as hard as he can and he can only do that if he's allowed to fight at his full power.

IIRC someone does attempt to attack Cell when he's becoming Perfect too, but he's invncible during that time.

Super Saiyan transformations are instantaneous, unless the user willingly draws them out (such as Goku while fighting Buu, since he was trying to get some time), so there's no risk there.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

It'd be funny if Frieza was gearing up for his grand super double golden betrayal and 17 and 18 just cut off his arms, legs and tail.

Though I guess he could headbutt.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Nessus posted:

It'd be funny if Frieza was gearing up for his grand super double golden betrayal and 17 and 18 just cut off his arms, legs and tail.

Though I guess he could headbutt.

Somebody please draw Tao Pai Pai riding torso Freeza.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

seiferguy posted:

Future Trunks tried to attack perfect Cell when he was transforming, but it didn't work.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Rutibex posted:

Future Trunks tried to attack perfect Cell when he was transforming, but it didn't work.

I suppose that you could argue that Gohan tried to stop Buu from awakening from his shell by Kamehameha'ing it, but failed as well. But then again, failing at basic Dragon Ball is pretty much in line with Gohan and Future Trunks.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
Janemba tried to stop Goku and Vegeta from fusing/transforming into Gogeta, but Pikkon held him off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU5NnFrFbJE&t=30s

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal

Jedah posted:

Janemba tried to stop Goku and Vegeta from fusing/transforming into Gogeta, but Pikkon held him off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU5NnFrFbJE&t=30s

That scene's always bothered me. Did they forget they coudl fusion?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Shadowhand00 posted:

That scene's always bothered me. Did they forget they coudl fusion?
Eh it makes sense that they wouldn't be considering fusion until like the very last possible moment. In the current system a fusion might just mean they get rung-out 2 for 1 by some random bullshit that does nothing but massive knockback. This leaves aside the question of Vegeta hating to do it.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Nessus posted:

Eh it makes sense that they wouldn't be considering fusion until like the very last possible moment. In the current system a fusion might just mean they get rung-out 2 for 1 by some random bullshit that does nothing but massive knockback. This leaves aside the question of Vegeta hating to do it.

Goku also isn't super fond of it and typically only wants to resort to it if the chips are down and every other option is completely exhausted.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
the probable and reasonable reason for that being that Vegeto and Gogeta are both different people from their combinations; both of them acknowledge this and have personalities that aren't really the same as either of them. If Gogeta beats Jiren, then it's not Goku OR Vegeta who wins; neither of them beat him, and neither of them got to fight him at all.

It'd be like, I dunno, some sports star replacing himself with a robot version of himself. Why wouldn't he want to play, assuming that the game is fun and enjoyable for him TO play.

Even then it's not strategic to do it all the way; Gogeta and Vegeto, when fused out, are always at full strength and not tired. If you absolutely have to fuse in a situation like this you want to hold on to it until the absolute last possible moment so you can essentially get a brand new, super fresh fighter who also happens to be absurdly strong.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PrLgzXnWHE

Did you know Lord Slugh was title "Super Saya-jin Goku" in Japan and released ten days before Super Saya-jin premiered in the manga. That the entire movie was a rush to get Super Sayian out before it premiered in the manga to drive sales, but, due to Toriyama not having a final design, having to guess at what it might look at and even doing a cope out by having King Kai sound confused if it is super sayian.

Turns out fake super sayian was an attempt by Toei animation to beat Toriyama to release with a super sayian form to drive sales of a pretty boring movie.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Jesus Christ Toei

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

TheHan posted:

Somebody please draw Tao Pai Pai riding torso Freeza.

K

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Stallion Cabana posted:

the probable and reasonable reason for that being that Vegeto and Gogeta are both different people from their combinations; both of them acknowledge this and have personalities that aren't really the same as either of them. If Gogeta beats Jiren, then it's not Goku OR Vegeta who wins; neither of them beat him, and neither of them got to fight him at all.

It'd be like, I dunno, some sports star replacing himself with a robot version of himself. Why wouldn't he want to play, assuming that the game is fun and enjoyable for him TO play.

Even then it's not strategic to do it all the way; Gogeta and Vegeto, when fused out, are always at full strength and not tired. If you absolutely have to fuse in a situation like this you want to hold on to it until the absolute last possible moment so you can essentially get a brand new, super fresh fighter who also happens to be absurdly strong.
You know who this doesn't apply to? 17 and 18.

Though now I'm imagining Kale and Caulifla seeing it from afar...

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Nessus posted:

Though now I'm imagining Kale and Caulifla seeing it from afar...

Kale and Caulifla immediately fuse after watching Goku & Vegeta do it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Kale and Caulifla immediately fuse after watching Goku & Vegeta do it.

Ah, aiming for the Steven Universe crowd.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
What happens if the fusions fuse

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

TheKingofSprings posted:

Or what if two dance fusions fuse with the Potara earrings?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Nessus posted:

https://youtu.be/3e-wunJd8Hg?t=27s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

TheKingofSprings posted:

If Majin Buu was any indication the fusion timer is still ticking down even if it's not outwardly present, so I'm guessing the fused fusion would change in appearance shortly before spitting out all the participants.