Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
A long-belated thought on how Hagakure managed to score so high on Eraserhead's physical assessment: she cheated thoroughly with invisibility (i.e. starting to run before the starting pistol), and as a stealth hero, that's entirely in keeping with her heroic milieu, so Aizawa let it slide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oh, I think I got it. Try making an account and maybe you'll be able to read Vigilantes. You won't need to buy a subscription to make an account.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
I'm more interested in why the latest chapter of Vigilantes is taking so long to get translated. We've had the raws for weeks.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Just read the chapter. Toga is up to something.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Punching dudes, big jumps, great mobility.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

:swoon:

The best girl in MHA.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

tag nsfw images please

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Yeah those shoelaces aren't even tied. Mods??

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Ruggington posted:

tag nsfw images please

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Mangastream has the new Vigilantes up.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

link here http://readms.net/r/vigilante/006%2B%20Beta/4490/1

It's cute seeing how All Might and Sir operated in the past

Jintor
May 19, 2014

that's pretty good

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

That was just genuinely really charming and sweet.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

And Miichan grew up to be officer Cat.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Happy birthday, Mt. Lady!

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Someone really needs to translate all of SMASH.

lol

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Fabricated posted:

Someone really needs to translate all of SMASH.

lol

The peace and quiet should have clued them in that something was wrong long before this point.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Mr. Fowl posted:

The peace and quiet should have clued them in that something was wrong long before this point.

They asked about that, but no one thought literally when someone said he was sleeping like a log.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Waffleman_ posted:

She looks a lot cooler in civvies than I thought she would.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Im enjoying vigilantes more than the main one at this point.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Waffleman_ posted:

I hope she can make it big

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The anime-original episode was good.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Waffleman_ posted:

Android 18, is that you?

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
I kind of wish Mt. Lady had her own spinoff.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Wait, what's this about WSJ being bi-weekly?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's not. It was just on break for holiday this week.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Ooooh, right, this was illegals. It runs in another mag.

Whoopsie.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
More stuff.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

This actually takes place in the middle of summer on a plain that just happens to be near those mountains, but Todoroki is a bro and made a sweet snowboarding/toboggan hill for everyone.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Slime posted:

This actually takes place in the middle of summer on a plain that just happens to be near those mountains, but Todoroki is a bro and made a sweet snowboarding/toboggan hill for everyone.

I'm not sure what Bakugo is prepping an explosion for in this scenario.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Kanos posted:

How else would you race an avalanche?

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Kanos posted:

a rocket is basically propelled by one long explosion

what i'm saying is that bakugou is preparing to be a rocket sled

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Kanos posted:

A sweet flip

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's promotional art for the new Snowboard Kids reboot. Bakugou just got a fireball powerup.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
As a 90s kid, I grew up watching a ton of super hero and action stuff. X-Men, Spider-Man, Power Rangers, Ninja Turtles, etc. and I loved all of it. But Batman and Dragon Ball were always my favorites, and I could never narrow down why exactly.

Sure, I loved all of the Marvel movies as they came out, and I was really into Naruto for a long time, but Batman and Goku were always my favorite heroes, despite sharing almost no similarities.

After really getting into this series, and One-Punch Man, I instantly grew fond of Deku and Saitama in a way I hadn't since Batman and Goku. They all have reasons to like them of course, but none of them seemed to really overlap with my other favorites. Then I found that what links them all is that they all had to work really hard to be able to do what they do, even if in Saitama's case it's played for laughs, and in Goku's case, he was a space alien.

Superman, Genos, and Bakugo have basically every advantage over normal guys, so while it can be viscerally fun to watch them beat bad guys, it always feels like it's a bit unearned, even when they're beating people above their weight class power-wise.

Conversely, Deku had to earn the right to receive OFA by being a genuinely good person first, and then train intensely to even be capable, and then train even more so he doesn't die every time he uses it. It makes for such a compelling character and finally helped me put a finger on why these certain characters have always been my favorites.

While I can still enjoy a story about someone gifted with powers or born with powers if it's told well, I'll always gravitate towards those guys who have to bust their butts to compete.

On a related note, every revelation about Naruto and his lineage/powers made me like him less and less. There's a reason Rock Lee was so beloved well after he was relevant.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Reinanigans posted:

As a 90s kid, I grew up watching a ton of super hero and action stuff. X-Men, Spider-Man, Power Rangers, Ninja Turtles, etc. and I loved all of it. But Batman and Dragon Ball were always my favorites, and I could never narrow down why exactly.

Sure, I loved all of the Marvel movies as they came out, and I was really into Naruto for a long time, but Batman and Goku were always my favorite heroes, despite sharing almost no similarities.

After really getting into this series, and One-Punch Man, I instantly grew fond of Deku and Saitama in a way I hadn't since Batman and Goku. They all have reasons to like them of course, but none of them seemed to really overlap with my other favorites. Then I found that what links them all is that they all had to work really hard to be able to do what they do, even if in Saitama's case it's played for laughs, and in Goku's case, he was a space alien.

Superman, Genos, and Bakugo have basically every advantage over normal guys, so while it can be viscerally fun to watch them beat bad guys, it always feels like it's a bit unearned, even when they're beating people above their weight class power-wise.

Conversely, Deku had to earn the right to receive OFA by being a genuinely good person first, and then train intensely to even be capable, and then train even more so he doesn't die every time he uses it. It makes for such a compelling character and finally helped me put a finger on why these certain characters have always been my favorites.

While I can still enjoy a story about someone gifted with powers or born with powers if it's told well, I'll always gravitate towards those guys who have to bust their butts to compete.

On a related note, every revelation about Naruto and his lineage/powers made me like him less and less. There's a reason Rock Lee was so beloved well after he was relevant.

I too love underdogs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Thing is, Spider-Man's often played as an underdog, right? But the thing is, he can bench press 10 tons and got that way with zero effort. It's not just the underdog aspect, especially because in more recent stuff they just keep adding more gadgets and advantages to him.

Deku, Saitama, Batman, Goku and Rock Lee had to bust their butts to even be considered underdogs rather than just laughing stocks. (Though Goku's role as an underdog definitely fluctuates dramatically at times)

Dunno. I know that was an embarrassing number of words to say something so simple, but it's been something I've been pondering for a while and has made me reevaluate what I look for in storytelling.