Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
I thought the anime made it clear at one point (prior to the blah blah explanation to frieza) that Blue was about control and not allowing energy to leak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Rirse posted:

Does anyone have a download link to episode 58 and 59 of Dragon Ball Z Adbridged. They are not on Youtube anymore and I can't find a way download the episodes from their website.

They're both on the website.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

this is just my theory but, i think the Goku-looking guy on the poster, is Goku

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

a cartoon duck posted:

please stop it with you implausible theories

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

a cartoon duck posted:

There's a Hot Take so hot it burned my eyeballs just looking at it.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
That's impossible. It is clearly Krillin .

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

where's the download link?

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

IcePhoenix posted:

where's the download link?

Oh shoot, misread the question. But there are sites (like this one) which let you download videos from vidme, which is where the TFS videos are hosted.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Fargin Icehole posted:

So how did Frieza train anyway? all i saw was RoF. Did he go to an la fitness?

found it

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

lezard_valeth posted:

Red God is def stronger than Blue.

If the Goku in the Goku poster turns out to be Goku, his "new" transformation will def be a perfected version of what he used in his last minutes of fight with Beerus, the "You have absorbed God's red and made it your own" thingy Beerus said.

That actually makes a disturbing amount of sense. Last time, Goku wasn't consciously holding onto that feeling. This time, he already knows what to expect and is preparing himself to hold his godhood close in any way he can. Going God isn't the power up. It's the transformation sequence.

Also, another thing I noticed. Both "I can't get no satisfaction" and "Gonna take the challenge of God" are sung with basically the same timing and cadence, with the latter line on a downswing and the former on an upswing. I like that this implies that Goku has taken the challenge of the gods, and now he's goddamn bored of it.

The Bee fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Aug 12, 2017

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I thin kwhat they are trying to do is something like this:
Base > Super > S2 > S3 ( > S4)
Base turning Super while using God Ki > SSB
Base > SSG form going Super > New form

I can see them going with that Blue is indeed stronger than SSG, it just lacks the divine powers like the healing. Using the more divine form and going SSJ from that form would be the best of both worlds.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
LOL at people debating power levels.

Anyway new episode tonight. Hopefully ribriane and 17 both get knocked out. We've seen way too much of them lately. Another universe should be erased tonight, as well. Goddamn when are we going to see more Freeza?!

Blue Star fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Aug 12, 2017

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Nah, tonight is Gohan and Piccolo sadly capping off Gowasu's Godtube career. Hopefully without Piccolo getting knocked out protecting Gohan again.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Blue Star posted:

LOL at people debating power levels.

Anyway new episode tonight. Hopefully ribriane and 17 both get knocked out. We've seen way too much of them lately. Another universe should be erased tonight, as well. Goddamn when are we going to see more Freeza?!

You are the worst gimmick I've ever seen.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Pollyanna posted:

Not sure why I have to be a gimmick because I like some characters more than others. Does me not liking the same things you do bother you that much?

Anyway, to change the subject: I wonder if we'll ever see trans characters in Dragon Ball? Freeza is agender, we all know that. But anyone else???

edited to add:

How many people have gone "LOL i hope freeza gets knocked out!!!" You cant handle the slightest bit of pushback? Wow.

Blue Star fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Aug 12, 2017

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Freiza (frieza?) is lame as poo poo and hasn't done anything cool so far

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

heeheex2 posted:

Freezer

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

heeheex2 posted:

omg you gimmick :mad:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
furiza

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

It's フリーザ you loving plebs

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Anyway Freeza has done plenty of cool poo poo. Killed a bunch of assassins single handedly. Took control of hakai energy (that Goku couldnt do). Freaked out Koh and Sidra (admittedly they are the weakest of the gods tho). And so far in the tournament we've seen him force dudes to commit suicide because he tortured them. Thats cool poo poo. And the only reason we havent seen more is because Super keeps focusing on dumb poo poo.

Im sorry if this counts as being a "gimmick". Dont know what else to tell ya :shrug:

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

Krillin could've killed those assassins lmao. They just made poo poo up as it happened to make him look cool, didn't work

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pollyanna posted:

to be sort of fair I also want to see more Frieza

but that's true of a lot of people in the tournament so :shrug:

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Tentative and admittedly speculative list of trans characters in the Dragon Ball mythos (canon only, excluding movies, filler, video games, etc.):
-Freeza and King Cold
-Piccolo and Namekians (they produce via eggs)
-Kuririn (in lesbian relationship with 18)
-Bulma (trans man, his constant referring to himself as a "delicate girl" in Dragon Ball was just denial, gay relationship with Vegeta, currently working on tech to grow a penis without having to wish for one via SHenron)
-Zarbon (ids as male in "pretty" form, female in "monster" form)
-Doctor Gero (gave himself a new body, whose to say he was originally a man??? Could have been a trans man)
-Supreme Kai (trans man)
-Mr. Popo (agender)
-Zeno (agender)
-Ribriane and those other two (male-assigned at birth)
-Captain Ginyu (agender, is indifferent to body, even excluding filler this is self-evident)

Too bored to keep going, someone else finish this

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

I think that bulma ep was filler my dude

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

heeheex2 posted:

I think that bulma ep was filler my dude

They actually had Bulma react to Ginyu Frog, so who knows?

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Blue Star posted:

Tentative and admittedly speculative list of trans characters in the Dragon Ball mythos (canon only, excluding movies, filler, video games, etc.):
-Freeza and King Cold
-Piccolo and Namekians (they produce via eggs)
-Kuririn (in lesbian relationship with 18)
-Bulma (trans man, his constant referring to himself as a "delicate girl" in Dragon Ball was just denial, gay relationship with Vegeta, currently working on tech to grow a penis without having to wish for one via SHenron)
-Zarbon (ids as male in "pretty" form, female in "monster" form)
-Doctor Gero (gave himself a new body, whose to say he was originally a man??? Could have been a trans man)
-Supreme Kai (trans man)
-Mr. Popo (agender)
-Zeno (agender)
-Ribriane and those other two (male-assigned at birth)
-Captain Ginyu (agender, is indifferent to body, even excluding filler this is self-evident)

Too bored to keep going, someone else finish this

hosed up you go this far for the joke and then don't go for the coup the grace of suggesting Kale is a trans man in a relationship with a butch woman

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the only problem with freeza is blue star's posts

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

a cartoon duck posted:

hosed up you go this far for the joke and then don't go for the coup the grace of suggesting Kale is a trans man in a relationship with a butch woman

Kale is a trans woman.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

The blue star dragon balls let you wish to be a lovely poster haha

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

fureeza is the best and you suck

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
please stop replying to bad poster blue star

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Just let us get somebody other than goku to win please

and no, monaka doesn't count, rear end in a top hat

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Fargin Icehole posted:

Just let us get somebody other than goku to win please

and no, monaka doesn't count, rear end in a top hat

Hey, we've been getting "people other than Goku wins" for most of Super, I wouldn't be opposed to a clean Goku win now. It'd be cooler if Gohan got a W, though. Hell, maybe Roshi utilizes his 300 years of fighting experience and sidesteps Jiren into a ringout.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Blue Star posted:

Anyway, to change the subject: I wonder if we'll ever see trans characters in Dragon Ball? Freeza is agender, we all know that. But anyone else???.

Doubtful. Japan is still working on the whole "trans people exist?" Concept. The closest they seem to get are crossdressing jokes, and some crossover with flamboyant gay stereotypes.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I require all the media I consume to have transexuals

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Dias posted:

Hey, we've been getting "people other than Goku wins" for most of Super, I wouldn't be opposed to a clean Goku win now. It'd be cooler if Gohan got a W, though. Hell, maybe Roshi utilizes his 300 years of fighting experience and sidesteps Jiren into a ringout.

has goku won a single fight yet?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Condiv posted:

has goku won a single fight yet?

outside of the tournament of power?

he beat krillin, does that count. he technically beat freeza but whis cheated for him that time. also his rematch with hit was a tie (after hit killed him). outside of that idk off the top of my head. he hasn't beat any of the end of arc antagonists outside of sucker punching freeza tho

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Goku won that sparring match with Zamasu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yeah the big end-of-arc battles so far are

Beerus: Conceded
Freeza: Goku wins but only by effectively killstealing from Vegeta
Hit: Conceded
Fused Zamasu: Trunks kills his body and Zeno kills everything else

outside of the one-off episodes Goku hasn't won a whole lot so I dunno where this is coming from