Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I honestly thought 17 was going to get eliminated this episode just due to how much work he's been getting done these past few eps, but nope he's sticking around. he's quickly becoming one of my favorite characters in this arc, and man, good on ya 17. you deserve this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I think someone said it already but it bears repeating, it feels like this is anime's way of saying sorry for the lack of 17 after Cell saga because goddamn do I love every scene 17 is in.

Also glad that we noticed the Hellzone grenade, it was awesome to see it actually do something. :v:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Manatee Cannon posted:

he didn't no sell it. gohan just lifted botamo off the ground by punching him a lot and pushed him out of bounds while punch juggling him. botamo wasn't actually hurt by this so it's not like gohan was ignoring his abilities. it was a dumb way to do it tho

Well I mean, it shouldn't be possible to do that at all is what I'm saying. Then again, Botamo's gimmick is boring so who cares.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The Androids are basically loving unstoppable unless you're way stronger than them.

If you're a little stronger, or just as strong, you're never going to win a straight up fight. You will get tired and run out of energy.

They won't.

Also Oh Gohan, I hope you get a new power up. Otherwise you just played your trump card against some tosser from a loser universe.

Meanwhile Tien, Roshi, 18 and Freezer are having a spirited discussion about how lame Vegeta is, while playing cards with Frost, Kale, and Cabba.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Burkion posted:

The Androids are basically loving unstoppable unless you're way stronger than them.

If you're a little stronger, or just as strong, you're never going to win a straight up fight. You will get tired and run out of energy.

They won't.

Thats what happened with Piccolo. He was a bit stronger then 17, but unlike 17 he was tiring.

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
I thought Gohan was going to lose to muso tensei for a second there.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Shindragon posted:

I think someone said it already but it bears repeating, it feels like this is anime's way of saying sorry for the lack of 17 after Cell saga because goddamn do I love every scene 17 is in.

Also glad that we noticed the Hellzone grenade, it was awesome to see it actually do something. :v:

More like the anime's way of saying sorry for GT. loving Super 17...

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
We don't talk about Super 17.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Man, the erasure sequence this time was even more unsettling than universe 9. :stare: RIP Gowasu, may your GodTube continue to get likes.

This was a great episode. The character development of Gohan was on full display but subtle at the same time. The locket scene and Gohan's reaction showed that he still cared about his opponent's fate, but had the balls to press on and continue fighting to protect his own family. I appreciate how Super has many moments like these that are subtle and don't try to hit you over the head with symbolism.

I just hope we get to see Big Green do some stuff independently before he inevitably jobs. Guessing he'll get a Namek episode with the Nail and Lord Slug expies from U6.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Warrior of Darkness 17 could easily defeat Super 17

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Super 17 wasn't all THAT bad.

I admired his ability to die.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Anyone can beat Super 17

Just stop shooting ki attacks at him.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Rules Lawyer time

If Piccolo absorbs the two Namekians from the other team does that count as him killing them?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dexo posted:

Rules Lawyer time

If Piccolo absorbs the two Namekians from the other team does that count as him killing them?

They're still alive so no.

They just become part of him!

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Poor Universe 10 angel. :(

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

snickothemule posted:

I thought Gohan was going to lose to muso tensei for a second there.

It's closer to Shu's Yuugen Sho than Musou Tensei.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YAyxP7_9eU (best example right now, I kinda apologise.)

First Heart, then Shu. Interesting, really. Who's next? Shin? Souther?

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Good episode. Mad props to Gowasu and other Universe 10 guys for accepting their fate with dignity. Their angel seemed sad about it, though. Way different than the way the other angel guy acted when Universe 9 got snuffed. So maybe the theory about the angels having a sinister agenda isn't true? Or maybe they're not all in on it?

Glad that Piccolo got to beat someone too. Hopefully we see more of this. And I want to see him react to the Universe 6 Namekians.

No loving Freeza, though. Goddamnit.

Oh, and LOL at the accusation of "concern trolling". Im becoming convinced that term means nothing. But whatever.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Blue Star posted:

Good episode. Mad props to Gowasu and other Universe 10 guys for accepting their fate with dignity. Their angel seemed sad about it, though. Way different than the way the other angel guy acted when Universe 9 got snuffed. So maybe the theory about the angels having a sinister agenda isn't true? Or maybe they're not all in on it?

Glad that Piccolo got to beat someone too. Hopefully we see more of this. And I want to see him react to the Universe 6 Namekians.

Oh, and LOL at the accusation of "concern trolling". Im becoming convinced that term means nothing. But whatever.

Mojito just hated his GoD and Kai.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Shindragon posted:

We don't talk about Super 17.

:hai:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Frieza was in this episode. If you look closely you can see him in the OP and then again in the ED...

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Jedah if you graced us with a SSJ krusty gif, I would deffo not mind fyi. :wink:

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

graham cracker posted:

Jedah if you graced us with a SSJ krusty gif, I would deffo not mind fyi. :wink:

lol, I'll certainly keep that request in mind, it's a very good one with lots of potential. Majin Vegeta when he blows up the tournament crowd comes to mind...

I dunno how Matoi feels about the whole :krust: thing, I try to keep it contained to GBS.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"True."

Jedah posted:

lol, I'll certainly keep that request in mind, it's a very good one with lots of potential. Majin Vegeta when he blows up the tournament crowd comes to mind...

I dunno how Matoi feels about the whole :krust: thing, I try to keep it contained to GBS.

Naw man, krusty as gohan chasing after the dinosaur trying to chop a steak off its tail!

Sorry for the derail I'll stop now.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Raxivace posted:

Frieza was in this episode. If you look closely you can see him in the OP and then again in the ED...

This is a good post.

And that was a good episode.

Judging by how the angels responded to Universe 10's death, I don't think there's any plan going on. I think they're straight up icing these motherfuckers.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I was never a huge fan of Android 17 before. That's quickly changed.

Also :rip: Gowasu. I'll always remember your GodTube channel. At least Cus was suitably torn up about it.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Part of me wanted Gowasu to go on an insane anti-ningen rant right before his universe was erased. The other part is just sad. :(

Also I really like that 17 and Goku are echoing lines the other has said before, with 17 finding it funny that he's considered evil and Goku saying it was interesting to study Rozie's style. It's a subtle way to show they have things in common and I'm not used to that kind of subtlety in Dragonball.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

graham cracker posted:

Naw man, krusty as gohan chasing after the dinosaur trying to chop a steak off its tail!

Sorry for the derail I'll stop now.

Oh dang, yeah that's really good. :stare: anyway sorry for the derail, folks.

Good episode, 17 continues to be awesome and Piccolo finally got to own somebody with a classic technique.

:rip: to the best GodTuber there ever was. Probably shouldn't have prepared for an all-or-nothing super high stakes tournament by... dancing.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"True."

If Gowasu getting erased also erased his GodTube account I'mna fuckin riot.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

graham cracker posted:

If Gowasu getting erased also erased his GodTube account I'mna fuckin riot.

Considering the locket vanished, his GodTube account is gone.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
GodTube's greatest star has been erased. GodTube is hosed.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Rest in peace, sweet prince.

I'll always love you Gowasu

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Blue Star posted:

Please stop with the slap fighting in every post like everyone is out to get you.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

do you think gowasu's godtube channel was deleted with u10

what if you saved his videos? are your backups gone like that dude gohan beat up's pendant

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

maybe cus set up gowasu's godtube channel, so it still exists

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Manatee Cannon posted:

do you think gowasu's godtube channel was deleted with u10

what if you saved his videos? are your backups gone like that dude gohan beat up's pendant
I think it would only be gone if you saved it on a USB stick or something that happened to be from U10. If your copy of the video file was made in your own universe it's probably cool.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Maybe Nyaa.se was hosted in U10.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Maybe GodTube's servers are located in one of the higher ningen rank universes so Gowasu's account is safe.

After all Youtube is a clear example of pinnacle ningen level

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Gowasu was a lovely Kai who let Zamasu become a thing and I'm glad he's dead. No one cares about a U10 pewdiepie wannabe.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

seiferguy posted:

No one cares about a U10 pewdiepie wannabe.

I know you are in shock over U10 getting erased, but you shouldn't say such hurtful things that you will later regret.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

seiferguy posted:

Gowasu was a lovely Kai who let Zamasu become a thing and I'm glad he's dead. No one cares about a U10 pewdiepie wannabe.

Can't wait for Gohan to get hosed up for killing my friend Gowasu.