Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Come forth, Dragon of the Gods, and grant my wish pretty peas!

Super Shenron, I wish for you to revive Gowasu and to give him more spicy ideas for his channel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Gohan is not going to outshine Goku. I'd be surprised if he outshines Vegeta.

He outshined Vegeta pretty frequently, though? Vegeta got chumped left and right during Cell and Buu, and Gohan was kind of billed as the big savior in both of those until Toriyama ran out of steam or whatever and wrote Goku back in. Vegeta was just there because the second he introduced fusion, the only possible outcome was a Vegito, or Jump readers in the 90s would have rioted.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

a cartoon duck posted:

I do kinda feel we're a bit overdue for another U7 ring-out just to raise the stakes again now that half the contestants are gone. Who was next on the OP theory elimination order again?

Végéta

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
I love Vegeta, but won't be surprised if Gohan outshines him. That's just how the series has been written so far. Gohan became "weak" as a family man and scholar, but seems to have become insanely strong in a short period of time. He's also extremely cautious, while Vegeta is more hot-headed and led around by his pride. Vegeta will probably fall to Jiren (or another top tier opponent), so Goku/Gohan can learn how to defeat them. His jobbing will not be in vain.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Condiv posted:

Végéta

Vegeta's going to get KO'd by Ribrianne, and there is no possible way she can do it that won't be a completely excellent Vegeta Gets Trolled scene. It will be glorious.

My bets are on: exploded off the stage by a devastating Love Beam, or body checked off the stage when she charges at him rear end first, and he'll make that cringe face in slow motion again while a faded montage of all the other times he got trolled since Super began plays over it.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
These two episodes stressing that Universe 2 is basically full of good guys makes Brianne's first scene really weird in retrospect.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

deadly_pudding posted:

He outshined Vegeta pretty frequently, though? Vegeta got chumped left and right during Cell and Buu, and Gohan was kind of billed as the big savior in both of those until Toriyama ran out of steam or whatever and wrote Goku back in. Vegeta was just there because the second he introduced fusion, the only possible outcome was a Vegito, or Jump readers in the 90s would have rioted.

Gohan was a literal freaking joke in the Buu saga. The Buu saga was basically Vegeta's arc with the self sacrifice and Vegito.

Cell Saga was the Gohan arc, sure. But Gohan's been far less relevant ever since then. Crappy in Buu, crappy in the movies, crappy in Super. He had to have a training arc to not be a joke.

Gohan will get his cool moment but Goku's the main character.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Two Tone Shoes posted:

The Buu saga was basically Vegeta's arc with the self sacrifice and Vegito.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzjPuYRGGTs&t=49s

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

That took Hercule to defeat. You can't compare anyone to Hercule. He's the champ.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Two Tone Shoes posted:

You can't compare anyone to Hercule. He's the champ.

:yeah:

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Gohan is not going to outshine Goku. I'd be surprised if he outshines Vegeta.

No, he will.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

a cartoon duck posted:

I do kinda feel we're a bit overdue for another U7 ring-out just to raise the stakes again now that half the contestants are gone. Who was next on the OP theory elimination order again?

Piccolo holds the 2-star ball, I believe. Which means he's next if it's true.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Piccolo has to meet the U6 Nemekians first however.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
If that Hellzone Grenade was Piccolo's moment to shine in the tournament, I'm going to be bummed. The dude was my favorite when I was a kid and hasn't done anything since Imperfect Cell. Even that Hellzone Grenade was pretty unimpressive visually on top of being used by another character earlier in the same episode.

Comedy option: Piccolo absorbs the alternate universe Namekians. Zeno decides that's cheating, but he's willing to call it a draw if Piccolo jumps off the arena on his own accord.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Professor Wayne posted:

If that Hellzone Grenade was Piccolo's moment to shine in the tournament, I'm going to be bummed.

He still has to use that charging technique we saw when he was teamed up with Gohan, the one where he pushes people out of bounds by spamming energy everywhere. Hopefully that's his big moment to shine.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Piccolo is gonna get a Special Beam Cannon off before he's rung out. It's like, his move, and anime works by pro wrestling rules, matches don't end until you at least tease your move.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Dias posted:

Piccolo is gonna get a Special Beam Cannon off before he's rung out. It's like, his move, and anime works by pro wrestling rules, matches don't end until you at least tease your move.

He uses it and is instantly disqualified because he kills like 3 people with it

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

if krillin can use the destructo disc and not kill anyone with it, I'm sure piccolo can find a way to miss with his special move

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Dias posted:

Vegeta prepares his Big Bang Attack to defeat Jiren. Suddenly, he notices the Zenos are cheering for him. With a sneer, he goes to use a submission hold instead.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
whoa whoa whoa WHAT THAT NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW :vince:

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

if krillin can use the destructo disc and not kill anyone with it, I'm sure piccolo can find a way to miss with his special move

That bat dude had holes blasted in him by Frieza, so Piccolo should just aim to maim.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Dias posted:

He already did one, him and all the other chumps threw out their signature moves the moment they showed up.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

He already did one, him and all the other chumps threw out their signature moves the moment they showed up.

Fair enough, I think they already got it out of the way so everyone can job safely. 17 and 18 are gonna last longer because they didn't make the mistake of working WWE-style.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I really want 17 to win it all using his special moves of 1) not waiting around for nonsense and 2) helping his teammates.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

sassassin posted:

I really want 17 to win it all using his special moves of 1) not waiting around for nonsense and 2) helping his teammates.

I guess it says a lot about how U7 is as a team and as individuals where these two points are genuinely rare amongst them.

At least Gohan is trying to get 2) working, but that's hard with Goku, Vegeta and Freeza around. 1) is just not happening.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Does anyone else want to see Piccolo about to get wasted only to have Gohan swing in and save him at the last minute? What a role reversal!

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

graham cracker posted:

Does anyone else want to see Piccolo about to get wasted only to have Gohan swing in and save him at the last minute? What a role reversal!

Ideally with Gohan saying something like "It's about time I returned the favor."

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Rhjamiz posted:

Ideally with Gohan saying something like "It's about time I returned the favor."

If he does that, I will lose my poo poo, and this'll be the best arc since cell games

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I would much prefer piccolo not needing someone to save him. his track record is even worse than gohan's so let him do some cool stuff. if he has to go down early, let it be to one of the power players and not some random idiot

for real tho his last blip of relevance was against 17 and he's just sucked since then. even super hasn't done much for him yet

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
He should get disqualified for killing Frost.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Rhjamiz posted:

In my mind's eye, he will be screaming "DODGE!"

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lmao

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
You know, I'm not sure why Reincarnated Chiaotzu didn't just get Goku to save his life from Buu. He easily could have latched onto him when teleporting to the world of Kais

He doesn't even, in theory, need Tien alive to get that far. Though maybe Tien saved him from the worst of the Human Extinction Attack who knows

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

what happened to the invincible combination of the big yellow bear and the robot? i guess Toei figured it was too invincible and made up a reason for them to be knocked apart so they could be defeated individually.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

mabels big day posted:

what happened to the invincible combination of the big yellow bear and the robot? i guess Toei figured it was too invincible and made up a reason for them to be knocked apart so they could be defeated individually.

If I understood correctly, they got separated after Kale's rampage (it also separated the part of U7 that tried to go for teamwork, and basically made a mess of the whole tournament). They couldn't meet up before Gohan got to Botamo, so we don't get any more of the Invincible Bota Magetta, the strongest weapon of Team U6.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

mabels big day posted:

Their fusion time ran out

They were so powerful they had less time than even Blooper Vegito

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

What was this image?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

pik_d posted:

What was this image?

A tattoo that was fortunately saved after the reddit op deleted it because I posted it in a discord channel as well

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

IcePhoenix posted:

A tattoo that was fortunately saved after the reddit op deleted it because I posted it in a discord channel as well

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Oh dear