Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Hit is just the right amount of stereotypical edgy that he's not a loser, he's just so loving cool! Dyspo was kind of a dumb fighter, he's probably getting eliminated real soon

Goku just being able to turn on SSG makes sense with his character, given he's been doing impossible things all the time. Master Roshi is gonna mafuba all of universe 4, book it. Best part of the episode is Champa's vuvuzela

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Condiv posted:

lol at this point i feel like the anime is intentionally throwing curveballs at toyotaro. wasn't ssg supposed to be stronger than ssb in the manga? oops

It's more like the opposite since this episode actually portrayed it the same way he does. Switching really fast from God to Blue is how Vegeta beat Black in the manga.

Which makes sense, since they still fight by raising their Ki just at the moment they attack, right?

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Aug 20, 2017

Minion of Freya
Jan 2, 2017

TrilliontonNixon posted:

This episode: Goku and Neo vs The Flash and Spider-Man.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
I'd like to point out that the child twin gods of all couldn't see the attacks, seems a pretty blatant hint that they've got some massive vulnerabilities.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
105 preview spoilers. I guess Roshi can just Mafuba anyone and throw the jar off the edge. I guess that doesn't count as a weapon does it? Too bad that it's apparently still a deadly move for him and no one else. Be nice if he'd gotten over that little hang up of dying to do it.

It also gave me a really dark thought of he doesn't throw the jars off. The tournament of power is over. Resolution comes, ready for the next arc, cut to Roshi putting the jar up among a collection of jars with women's names taped on them. Master Roshi, serial jarer.

Flubby fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Aug 20, 2017

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Oh my god, is Vegeta the narrator?

I'm watching the dub episode.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
I noticed in episode 103 the angel of universe 10 seemed actually pretty bummed that her rowdy fightboys were erased. I figure the universe 9 angel is just an extra large douche.

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

thechosenone posted:

I noticed in episode 103 the angel of universe 10 seemed actually pretty bummed that her rowdy fightboys were erased. I figure the universe 9 angel is just an extra large douche.

You deal with a trash heap of a universe where the GoD is too shy to do his job, the Supreme Kai is horribly corrupt, and everyone suffers. Can you blame the guy?

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010

Serge Painsbourg posted:

You deal with a trash heap of a universe where the GoD is too shy to do his job, the Supreme Kai is horribly corrupt, and everyone suffers. Can you blame the guy?

He probably started updating his resume as soon as the tournament of power was announced.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Hit owns

Champa owns even more

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
Hit remains a Jojo character, is still cool as hell. Having a powerset that goes beyond "is really strong+fast" really does wonders for the dude's fight choreography.

Also, someone finally points out that Dyspo looks like Beerus! Like what's up with that?

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

I like Dyspo :3: he seems like a nice Beerus bunny thing and was a nice change from Hit being stoic cool guy #378. Hit's badass and all but his personality is so loving boring and has already been done by better, greener, Namekier characters.

This episode was awesome. Great animation during most of the fight sequences and Goku using SSG again was a nice touch. Also even with all of the other coolness going on Champa stole the goddamn show.

havenwaters posted:

Oh my god, is Vegeta the narrator?

I'm watching the dub episode.

Haven't seen the newest dub ep but hearing Sabat and co. have a blast is why I'be been sitting through Super's earlier/shittier arcs again in dub form. The voice acting has been fantastic

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Great episode. It confirms that Zeno isn't a fighter since they couldnt see what was happening in the fight. U11 seriously about to get real, though. They arent going to gently caress around anymore.

drat still no Freeza, though. And no U6 Namekians. Next episode will be Master Roshi against some mooks. Hopefully other stuff happens in that episode, though.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

thechosenone posted:

I don't think vados cares much about champa either, but I get the impression whis would be at least somewhat disappointed if his foodie friend beerus was erased.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

This was a pretty cool episode, it's nice to see Hit get some screentime to himself, and we found out some neat little things like his timeskip having a tell. I hope next episode lets Roshi cement that he's overcome his weakness and do some cool stuff though. Please don't go right back to the well of gross lady-obsession stuff

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

I don't think vados cares much about champa either, but I get the impression whis would be at least somewhat disappointed if his foodie friend beerus was erased.

Maybe, maybe not. Whis hasn't bantered with Beerus much during the tournament, whereas Vados teared up for Champa and kept reminding him of his weight problem. She's acting like she usually does, but Whis is terse as hell with everyone. I can't really tell if Whis would be that disappointed if Zeno erased Beerus.

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

Of course Whis and Vados would miss their loud, rowdy boys. They're good kitties.

The Awesomesaurus fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Aug 20, 2017

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Rabbit Souther? With Hit playing Kenshiro for a bit.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Aug 20, 2017

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Hit is the best, and God is the coolest form. Dyspo was cool and Vuvuzela Champa was what I needed in my life.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Does Super keep Goku turning back into SSG on his own at the end of the BoG arc like does at the end of the movie? This episode reminded me of that.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
The dub continues to be amazing.

https://twitter.com/MsDBZbabe/status/899117365874626562

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Hit is just so goddamn cool. How do you even get to be that cool?

Dyspo also put on a really good show. It was neat seeing a fighter who isn't necessarily stronger than his opponent, but uses his skills to out maneuver them. Weird though that it turns out he just so happens to look like Champa and Beerus in what just so happens to be the first coincidence in an anime ever.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TheHan posted:

Hit is just so goddamn cool. How do you even get to be that cool?

Dyspo also put on a really good show. It was neat seeing a fighter who isn't necessarily stronger than his opponent, but uses his skills to out maneuver them. Weird though that it turns out he just so happens to look like Champa and Beerus in what just so happens to be the first coincidence in an anime ever.

Excuse me, he looks like Beerus. He clearly doesn't have Champa's cherubic face.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm glad Hit isn't the extreme edgelord he looked when he was revealed like a year back

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I'm glad Hit isn't the extreme edgelord he looked when he was revealed like a year back

Now Jiren is the :emo: king.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

graham cracker posted:

Now Jiren is the :emo: king.

Granted it's pretty hard to read his lifeless, shark like eyes but he doesn't seem to care for toppo's leadership style much.

Or he might just be really slow, it's hard to tell.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
There was someone in the writing room who thought giving Champa a vuvuzela was a good idea...

And he was right.

Listen to that intern more frequently, Toei!

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Honestly how can you say Vados isn't going to miss Champa if U6 is eliminated, she brought his vuvuzela :3:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Vados and Champa are DBS's cutest couple, IMO.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

$10 says Vados ends up feeling unexpected grief and hurt over Gooder Beerus being wiped from the slate when the day comes

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

this rules but also it reminded me of the cool new outfits goku and vegeta got during the RoF arc. i wish they had become their main outfits for super instead of being forgotten. especially vegeta's

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Hit is ridiculously badass because he's basically what Piccolo would be if the plot allowed Piccolo to be as strong as Goku instead of the guy they call on to delay the villain for a bit because Goku/Gohan/Vegeta are still traveling/training/dead.

It's really, really fun to watch Hit fight because his combination of ridiculous time/dimension skip shenanigans and cleverness means that he gets really good fight choreography that is a lot more interesting than simple punch ups/beam struggles.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Super in general has been pretty good about giving new characters relatively unique gimmicks. Even with something like Gohan vs. Botamo that basically is just punching hard, it's at least punching that is applied in a way that's a little different than usual.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

The RoF outfits suck

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Justin_Brett posted:

It's more like the opposite since this episode actually portrayed it the same way he does. Switching really fast from God to Blue is how Vegeta beat Black in the manga.

Which makes sense, since they still fight by raising their Ki just at the moment they attack, right?

However going Blue is suppose to eat up all your Stamina according to the Manga. Vegeta wasted all his energy hitting Cabba once in Blue and that how he lost to Hit.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Aurora posted:

The RoF outfits suck

:yikes:

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

I'd prefer if Vegeta wore no outfit :wink:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

It's true

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Give me the blue undershirt orange gi goku and blue one piece vegeta with saiyan body armor any day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Tbh I'm not sure I like Vegeta having either variant of his Saiyan armor in Super. One of the kind of subtle details in DBZ was how Vegeta gradually wore less and less of his classic outfit as he acclimated to Earth's culture until eventually he was just wearing normal Earthling clothing in the Uub chapters. Super kind of ruins that progression by having him go from the tanktop getup back to the armor he wore during the Androids/Cell Saga stuff.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Aug 20, 2017