Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Raxivace posted:

Tbh I'm not sure I like Vegeta having either variant of his Saiyan armor in Super. One of the kind of subtle details in DBZ was how Vegeta gradually wore less and less of his classic outfit until eventually he was just wearing normal Earthling clothing in the Uub chapters. Super kind of ruins that progression by having him go from the tanktop getup back to the armor he wore during the Androids/Cell Saga stuff.

agreed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
that's not saiyan armour it's capsule corp armour

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

bowmore posted:

Next arc: Freeza sues Bulma for IP theft.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

bowmore posted:

bulma is an honorary saiyan now

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
She's technically a princess then?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
At this point she's just Queen

Vegeta's still only a prince though

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Raxivace posted:

Tbh I'm not sure I like Vegeta having either variant of his Saiyan armor in Super. One of the kind of subtle details in DBZ was how Vegeta gradually wore less and less of his classic outfit as he acclimated to Earth's culture until eventually he was just wearing normal Earthling clothing in the Uub chapters. Super kind of ruins that progression by having him go from the tanktop getup back to the armor he wore during the Androids/Cell Saga stuff.

This was bothering me too

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I feel like that was more of a byproduct of "Vegeta doesn't have to fight anymore"

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Pretty sure he only wore what he did in the Buu saga because he wasn't allowed to wear the armor in the Tenkaichi Budoukai. That sleeveless look looks awful on him, imo.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I'm a big fan of Vegeta's RoF gray armor. Not so much Goku's. But Vegeta's looks amazing.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I can't believe even Champa's vuvuzela was defeated.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Raxivace posted:

Tbh I'm not sure I like Vegeta having either variant of his Saiyan armor in Super. One of the kind of subtle details in DBZ was how Vegeta gradually wore less and less of his classic outfit as he acclimated to Earth's culture until eventually he was just wearing normal Earthling clothing in the Uub chapters. Super kind of ruins that progression by having him go from the tanktop getup back to the armor he wore during the Androids/Cell Saga stuff.

It's a matter of battle again. So he's wearing it. His fighting spirit is coming back with all these new(And old in Frieza) battles again. He's becoming a warrior again. He's interested in keeping up with Goku. Maybe his old 'pride', altered. He will not be defeated by mere cooking. Or babies. Nothing will hurt his family. He reconnected with his future-son, even did a Father-Son Galick Gun. He re-learnt/remembered how to deal with gag characters(And then had that turn out useful). And now he's on the biggest stage fighting for massive stakes. Possibly bigger than he might expect.

The last Saiyans.

And Goku himself....Saiyans of DB universe like to fight, but hate being ruled especially. Goku had to inherit Vegeta's will on his death and defeat Frieza. I'm left with a feeling that though he doesn't show it, much like Vegeta, he doesn't like being ruled. That pictureset earlier started me thinking on this. It helps that the Angels and God of Destruction and so on are questionable, but...they're both Saiyans. They hate being ruled by outsiders. They've always been more alike than not. Goku is even actively 'plotting' for once.

Too vague, too vague. I don't have clear thoughts on this. He's learnt he can't be the ultimate. He's fine with that, finally. He's...perhaps you'd say 'broken down' on that? He's 'building up' again. He's learnt he can be 'close', and that's still good. Before he was 'if you're not the ultimate, what's the point?'.

CK2 reference: He's lost Ambitious. But he doesn't have Content. Probably picked up(Or always had) Diligent.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Aug 20, 2017

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Hit is awesome. Great episode.

Two questions:
1) has anyone played the DBS card game? If so tell me what you think.

2) if anyone has made the Figure Arise Standard DBZ models, did you paint them? If so tell me about it. There is literally zero information about it online and I find it unbelievable

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Im ambivalent about Hit because he's too much like Piccolo and that means that we're never going to see Piccolo get to be badass again in any significant way, because we've got Hit to replace him, apparently. Also Hit is purple and there are way too many purple guys in the Dragon Ball mythos

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

bowmore posted:

Blatant copyright infringement, though. If Bardock was alive he'd be seeing her in space court.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
Didn't Vegeta say that Saiyan Armor is basically their formal wear? so he's just really classy and wearing a Saiyan Tuxedo all the time

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Dragon Ball Super had me thinking about gods and wondering why Goku & Friends aren't worshipped by earthlings as the deities of physical might that they are. Even at that most people seem entirely ignorant of Kami-sama and his influence over Earth. Was Satan's greatest lie convincing humanity that God is just an elaborate setup of smoke, mirrors, and lighting?

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Ekusukariba posted:

Didn't Vegeta say that Saiyan Armor is basically their formal wear? so he's just really classy and wearing a Saiyan Tuxedo all the time

This is the best answer possible, and I do remember him saying their armor was considered formal wear.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kild posted:

However going Blue is suppose to eat up all your Stamina according to the Manga. Vegeta wasted all his energy hitting Cabba once in Blue and that how he lost to Hit.

Well thats clearly not how it works in the Anime. Blue being active in the anime appears to be stamina draining, but not in short bursts.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
It'd be great if this THERE IS NO JUSTICE, ONLY SURVIVAL OR ERASURE goes somewhere and U11 just starts taking cheap shots to knock out other universes or team mates because its lame that only U7 reacts or knocks out universes to erase them right now.

Also show me what you got Roshi.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Can't wait till we get to see champa's fidget spinner next episode

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

sharrrk posted:

this rules but also it reminded me of the cool new outfits goku and vegeta got during the RoF arc. i wish they had become their main outfits for super instead of being forgotten. especially vegeta's

I mean they're just recolors of their normal outfits but vegeta has a symbol on his armor

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I need an episode past all of this titled Beerus & Champa Have A Family Outing At A Soccer Match

At the end of the episode once they survey the ruins of the game (which they had nothing to do with) they will agree humbly they have a lot to learn as Destroyers

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

seiferguy posted:

Blatant copyright infringement, though. If Bardock was alive he'd be seeing her in space court.

TrilliontonNixon posted:

Next arc: Freeza sues Bulma for IP theft.

I think I'll be seeing you in court, buster. :mad:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Lamebot posted:

Dragon Ball Super had me thinking about gods and wondering why Goku & Friends aren't worshipped by earthlings as the deities of physical might that they are. Even at that most people seem entirely ignorant of Kami-sama and his influence over Earth. Was Satan's greatest lie convincing humanity that God is just an elaborate setup of smoke, mirrors, and lighting?

The Z fighters work to keep a low profile. They actively use Mr. Satan to take all their credit to keep them out of the spotlight, and he's in on it as well. It starts with him inadvertently taking credit for the Cell games, then 18 blackmails him during the budokai tenkaichi for more money. Satan gives Goku a bunch of money because he knows Goku is the real defender of Earth. After that, Goku fake takes a hit to show off how "strong" Satan is so that he can keep the gig up (this was technically filler in Super but whatever).

Satan knows his role and plays it well. He also keeps Buu under wraps. Mark Satan is a good man, as well as a good father and grandfather.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Tien had a dojo, and none of his students seemed to know cool Z Fighter poo poo. I don't even think he taught them to fly, literally the Crane school's special technique.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

HitTheTargets posted:

Tien had a dojo, and none of his students seemed to know cool Z Fighter poo poo. I don't even think he taught them to fly, literally the Crane school's special technique.

You saw how poo poo his students were right?

You can't tech a dog how to play basketball. Either they can or they can't.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Burkion posted:

You saw how poo poo his students were right?

You can't tech a dog how to play basketball. Either they can or they can't.

Gohan taught a high school girl how to fly in an afternoon.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Caros posted:

Videl is half way competent.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Caros posted:

Gohan is better than Tien, surprise surprise.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Burkion posted:

At this point she's just Queen

Vegeta's still only a prince though

Can't have a coronation if everyone with the authority to preside over one is dead!

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

HitTheTargets posted:

Maybe he didn't have the dojo for very long and he was still building up the basics before beginning to teach them Z Fighter stuff. Like how you need to learn how to doggie paddle and tread water before you learn swimming strokes.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

HitTheTargets posted:

Caros posted:

Tien was trying to teach people how to control their ki using silly things like "meditation" and "proper form." Gohan, like Cabba, figured out the real way to do this poo poo. Just focus on a body part, get a tingling sensation, and relax your muscles. Done

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Gohan is a genius and was taught to fight by the best teacher ever

Gohan can probably teach this poo poo better than nearly anyone

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

NecroMonster posted:

I don't remember King Kai teaching Gohan anything

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
im glad ssg is just worse than ssb, its already so poorly explained making a whole new line of forms wouldve been tedious

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

NecroMonster posted:

In the online mmo that's sorta what happened iirc, he published a book on ki and then pretty much everyone figured it out

Caros
May 14, 2008

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

Tien was trying to teach people how to control their ki using silly things like "meditation" and "proper form." Gohan, like Cabba, figured out the real way to do this poo poo. Just focus on a body part, get a tingling sensation, and relax your muscles. Done

It really would be amazing if super saiyan had nothing to do with being a saiyan at all. Kale explains back tingles to yamcha and we get Super Yamcha.

I mean, it wouldn't help him, but it'd be funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Wait, if super saiyan god red was just enough to make a good effort against beerus, then Super Saiyan Blue is...what in this scenario? Still a hair shy of taking down gods of destructos?