Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

I'm really digging the new paradigm of Super Saiyan God and Super Saiyan Blue. God form is faster, almost no stamina hit, and has self-healing as evidenced by Goku's first fight with Beerus. Blue is more physically taxing but has a much higher power output. I'm loving Goku switching between Speed form and Power form for brief bursts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
im fairly sure god is not faster than blue, i think its just faster than regular SS

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

tbp posted:

im fairly sure god is not faster than blue, i think its just faster than regular SS

This is what the episode said, and that blue was an extra burst of speed and power over ssg.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Fargin Icehole posted:

Wait, if super saiyan god red was just enough to make a good effort against beerus, then Super Saiyan Blue is...what in this scenario? Still a hair shy of taking down gods of destructos?

The problem is blue takes a lot more energy. Red couldn't last the entire Beerus fight, blue would have given out sooner.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Every SSJ form besides 2 and Blue are basically "crappier but more energy efficient" except SSJ3 which is superior but blows through energy like woah. It's only really coming into play in the ToP because they actively have to conserve stamina because they're fighting a bunch of battles in a row without senzu beans.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Alan_Shore posted:

Hit is awesome. Great episode.

Two questions:
1) has anyone played the DBS card game? If so tell me what you think.
It's fun and relatively cheap for a TCG

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

-Fish- posted:

I'm really digging the new paradigm of Super Saiyan God and Super Saiyan Blue. God form is faster, almost no stamina hit, and has self-healing as evidenced by Goku's first fight with Beerus. Blue is more physically taxing but has a much higher power output. I'm loving Goku switching between Speed form and Power form for brief bursts.
Much like did in the Frieza fight in base and using kaioken in bursts

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
Such a fun punch mans episode, the back and forth with techniques felt like older Dragon Ball stuff, but Champa continues to steal serious moments by being a complete goon. Vados is such a good carer for that lovable face.

I'm really pumped for a Roshi episode, the foreshadowing during the recruitment arc that he might die could come true, but seeing him use some sweet kung fu with all the gods commentating is going to be great.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Super Saiyin God/Red Aura is base Saiyin+God Ki which is >>> Than any super saiyin form.

Super Saiyin Blue is going into a super saiyin boost in God form. It's better than red but costs more stamina similar to how Normal goku vs. SSJ Goku work.

It's not a power vs. speed form Goku's just maximizing his output while minimizing energy costs by toggling the Blue.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

So basically Goku could have been using Red this whole time since he got it, and he technically was whenever he was Blue, but it was the newest hottest power form so he just dumped God like it was the Kaioken post-Namek and exclusively went Red+Gold for that sweet Blue

THEN he added Kaioken on top of that because Goku is out of his loving mind and is slamming on templates and buffs like he was running D&D in 2003

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
Next thing you know he'll figure out a way to fight as blue with kaioken and have the genki dama sucking in energy the whole time to create the infinite fighting saiyan madman he was destined to be.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
D&D 3.5 is still the most popular edition to play out there for probably that reason.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Ignore me, I'm too tired for posting. Gnight y'all.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mordaedil posted:

D&D 3.5 is still the most popular edition to play out there for probably that reason.

It's actually Pathfinder or 5e at this point.

Pathfinder is just 3.5 with a new coat of paint but still.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mordaedil posted:

5e has actually surpassed it. I think pathfinder did as well. (Though Pathfinder was pretty much just D&D 3.5)

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Black August posted:

So basically Goku could have been using Red this whole time since he got it, and he technically was whenever he was Blue, but it was the newest hottest power form so he just dumped God like it was the Kaioken post-Namek and exclusively went Red+Gold for that sweet Blue

THEN he added Kaioken on top of that because Goku is out of his loving mind and is slamming on templates and buffs like he was running D&D in 2003

Yeah the fact that the Blue Kaioken hosed him up make sense cause he's stacking like three booster forms at once.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yeah the fact that the Blue Kaioken hosed him up make sense cause he's stacking like three booster forms at once.

I don't think SSB Kaioken even hurts Goku anymore, he's mastered that.

SSB Kaioken x10 might, since he never did it again after Hit.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

He can clearly Kaioken it at a x2 without being risky, but yeah x10 seemed more like Goku experimenting with the new edge to push, and Christ knows what that means now after so much training and time

Besides the new form and the possible horror of "He can stack Kaioken on top of THAT too"

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

tbp posted:

im glad ssg is just worse than ssb, its already so poorly explained making a whole new line of forms wouldve been tedious

it is a new line of forms. it's just that red is weaker than blue rather than the other way around

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

it really wasn't that complex

newer = better

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

It just sucks because Red is WAY cooler than Blue

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

red is the epitome of deviantart level sanic the edgeheg design

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Eat poo poo the aura is goddamn godfire and Goku finally gets to keep his hair from getting a boner (or thirty) for once

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

SSB kaioken is better than SSG ever could be

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Goku goes Kaioken in SSG. How red is he, and is he, in fact, now three times faster?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Kurui Reiten posted:

Goku goes Kaioken in SSG. How red is he, and is he, in fact, now three times faster?
Yes, though he also gains a strong desire to drop an asteroid onto the Earth for some reason.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Raxivace posted:

Yes, though he also gains a strong desire to drop an asteroid onto the Earth for some reason.

IDGI

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Black August posted:

Eat poo poo the aura is goddamn godfire

like i said
sanic the edgeheg

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
what is edgy about super saiyan god's design

he doesn't even have super saiyan angry eyes

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Nothing says edgey like losing muscle mass and complete control over one's ki.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

gundams

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

more specifically, char

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

You're thinking of ssj4

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Super Saiyan 4 predates DeviantArt, so it's more like Super Saiyan 4 inspired DeviantArt into existence to allow people to make Super Saiyan God like designs

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I've never understood people's fascination with ssj4, it looks terrible

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

IcePhoenix posted:

For like 20 years, it was all we had :shrug:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

IcePhoenix posted:

It's conceptually interesting, and would've looked fine if it didn't have that weird pec window surrounded by fur.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Neo_Crimson posted:

It's conceptually interesting, and would've looked fine if it didn't have that weird pec window surrounded by fur.

Without rippling muscles how will we know its dragon ball?

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Everything about ss4 looks like garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The dumbest thing is how Goku becomes an adult again when he's a Super Saiyan 4 and swaps between being 8 year old size and 50 year old between frames.

If you're going to make Goku a kid again, which was really dumb, at least commit properly to that.