Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Alan_Shore posted:

I can't ever imagine you'd watch the original DBS dub and think Vegeta would ever say "babe". Talk about about a fundamental misunderstanding of the character.

*sub note: fundamental means you done goofed son*

Vegeta has gone through a lot of character development and is now able to sarcastically call his wife "babe", whats the problem here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Firstborn posted:

From the beginning I just pointed out that it was different, not even worse, and a matter of preference. You're in the Opinion Zone and I thought it was interesting to point out. This argument is terrible can we please move past it

Watch yourself, o-baka-chan-tachi!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

my boy frog should be in the jiren position in the tournament of power

there is no one in universe 7 who could beat him except Mr. Satan, but they'd be best bud instead of enemies

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

They'll reveal something when it ends. Get hyped, and make your bets.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

CharlestonJew posted:

Vegeta has gone through a lot of character development and is now able to sarcastically call his wife "babe", whats the problem here

Vegeta is a Saiyan prince and would never adopt English slang to refer to his wife.

Unless it's a bad English dub unless sure why not it's pretty funny lol

Please show me the character development that makes Vegeta more "human".

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Blaze Dragon posted:

They'll reveal something when it ends. Get hyped, and make your bets.

Im hoping it's cross platform play, but itll probably be a character. I'm thinking maybe a Buu, or Tenshinhan. Or maybe as a longshot, Hit

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Alan_Shore posted:

Vegeta is a Saiyan prince and would never adopt English slang to refer to his wife.

Well by the End of Z he's given up wearing Sayian armor entirely and has adopted human clothing.

Also the whole "Oh poo poo I actually love my family what the hell" thing that was, you know, the Buu Saga.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Alan_Shore posted:

... The... part where he went from being a selfish prideful rear end in a top hat to the guy who was willing repeatedly to swallow his pride in order to protect his family?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
just a few episodes ago Vegeta was fighting a gag manga character. Your Verious Serious interpretation of Vegeta doesn't really hold anymore

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Alan_Shore posted:

He played not-Mario Kart in the manga. What's more human than Mario Kart?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
poo poo back in BoG Vegeta was singing and dancing the bingo song just to appease Beerus

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
I know the way they render the characters means alt outfits are a lot more work, but I wish they had different costumes instead of recolors. Then again, Toriyama goes the whole series without letting the characters wear a different set of clothes, so gently caress it.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Half of Dracula posted:

I know the way they render the characters means alt outfits are a lot more work, but I wish they had different costumes instead of recolors. Then again, Toriyama goes the whole series without letting the characters wear a different set of clothes, so gently caress it.

Same. I want different armors for Vegeta (and the badman shirt of course), Trunks' outfit in Super, etc.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Half of Dracula posted:

the recolors give the dbz fanfics and ocs a presence in the game without a create a character

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Half of Dracula posted:

what are you talking about, there are so many options available

goku (roshi symbol gi), goku (kami symbol gi), goku (king kai symbol gi), and goku (whis symbol gi) are all completely different!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

the whis gi was slick as gently caress

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

what are you talking about, there are so many options available

goku (roshi symbol gi), goku (kami symbol gi), goku (king kai symbol gi), and goku (whis symbol gi) are all completely different!

a variant for each of these for undershirt or no undershirt

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

CharlestonJew posted:

poo poo back in BoG Vegeta was singing and dancing the bingo song just to appease Beerus
It's been established that Vegeta will act out of character and humiliate himself when confronted with a being he knows dwarfs him in power, like Beerus or Bulma.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

... The... part where he went from being a selfish prideful rear end in a top hat to the guy who was willing repeatedly to swallow his pride in order to protect his family?

Yes but none of that makes him more "human" and more likely to adopt words such as " babe" and "mondo" and "tubular." It just makes him more likely to give his life for that of those he loves!

*Vegeta explodes to protect Bulma"
"This one's for you babe! This is good writing gurl! Ahhhhh..."

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
The guy who played Piccolo just now was really good, seems like Big Green has a lot of crazy mixup tricks

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Alan_Shore posted:

I can't ever imagine you'd watch the original DBS dub and think Vegeta would ever say "babe". Talk about about a fundamental misunderstanding of the character.

*sub note: fundamental means you done goofed son*

lol

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

A french announcer referring to Piccolo as Big Green. What a time.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Alan_Shore posted:

Yes but none of that makes him more "human" and more likely to adopt words such as " babe" and "mondo" and "tubular." It just makes him more likely to give his life for that of those he loves!

He literally said "babe" once in the dub, when he was being dismissive of Bulma. Why are you going crazy over this one instance?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

CharlestonJew posted:

He literally said "babe" once in the dub, when he was being dismissive of Bulma. Why are you going crazy over this one instance?

If only he called her babe chan

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Half of Dracula posted:

what? characters change outfits all the time, like constantly what series were you watching/reading

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Alan_Shore posted:

so this is what the dbz forums were like back in the day

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

CharlestonJew posted:

At the end of the day, I guess that's the thing, one adlibbed thing thrown out there for fun didn't destroy characterization or made the dub bad - especially when it's been shown that our Prince of Two Saiyans kind of incorporated a bit more of Earth culture than he'd like to admit (please stop crying I'll buy you ice cream and go to the park with you!)

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

CharlestonJew posted:

Because I've never watched the dub and it sounds absolutely ridiculous and dumb to me. Vegeta would never say that. It's fine if you like the dub and all but Vegeta would never say that. Ever.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
VVVVVEGETA-SAMA WOULD NEVER EVER SAY BABE.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Alan_Shore posted:

Because I've never watched the dub and it sounds absolutely ridiculous and dumb to me. Vegeta would never say that. It's fine if you like the dub and all but Vegeta would never say that. Ever.

Well he did. I'm sorry but you're just going to have to live with that, the road to recovery will be a long one but I have faith in you

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Give Android 16 a Terminator outfit

*E* Piccolo looks like Sagat size vs these Saiyans, I always forget he's like twice Vegeta's height

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Alan_Shore posted:

If he'd never say it then why did he say it.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I really appreciate that one of Goku's colors is just his duller Toriyama coloring

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Alan_Shore posted:

Okay, but the parts where Vegeta goes from being dismissive to referring to characters in familiar or loving ways is a literal actual part of his development to. "That's My Bulma" for example. He still treats Goku that way because that is their relationship but even then you have the ending of the Buu arc.

Vegeta's style of speech does actually change as the franchise goes on. He continues being Price of All Saiyans Man but he lets it slip around Bulma and Trunks and occasionally around others. This is a thing even in the Japanese version. You can argue about how to best convey it but properly showing that Vegeta's chilled out among his family is a good thing.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Aug 25, 2017

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Alan_Shore posted:

He did, though. I can understand being protective of characters you like, but Vegeta is a totally different character now from when he first showed up in DBZ. He says babe, he dances and sings about Bingo, and he's a better Dad than Goku (but not as good as Gohan).

This is the character now, the "BADMAN" has become a "COOL DADMAN" instead.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
But does he say babe in the manga?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The tourney reveal thing was just some clips of the two Blue characters.
I think Vegeta gets his "That's my Bulma!" beatdown as a super?

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I also saw galick gun which is cool

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

That last hit of Blue Goku's ultimate should be the Dragon Fist, it's nearly the Dragon Fist. It's only lacking the golden dragon.

10x Kaio-ken God Kamehameha followed by Dragon Fist would be the most epic move Goku ever half-copied from someone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

friezas gonna cut the tournament of power arena in half with that energy slice thing he did one time