Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
New Kaguya with:

How cute...

HenryEx fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Apr 30, 2023

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Kaguya's descent from brilliant cold-hearted mastermind to love-struck imbecile has been quite the journey so far.

Iino seems to be supplanting Ishigami's former role of getting owned at every opportunity.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
My question is what he was saving 850 empty bean packages for before this.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
To heck with you Rodyle, Yona (145) is still rad.

I'm glad those wind tribe guys are going to get a chance to do some cool guy stuff.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I'm just glad it's back on schedule.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
New Love is Hard for Otakus.

I admit it. I thought it was going to be a BL pairing.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Three chapters of Honey all of a sudden, after nearly two years of nothing. :stare:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lemon-Lime posted:

Three chapters of Honey all of a sudden, after nearly two years of nothing. :stare:

It's licensed just buy it

Final volume will be out in October
https://www.viz.com/read/manga/product/honey-so-sweet-vol-8/12554

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Everything Burrito posted:

It's licensed just buy it

Oh neat, I hadn't heard about that.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lemon-Lime posted:

Oh neat, I hadn't heard about that.

I posted about it more than once :(

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Mikl posted:

New Love is Hard for Otakus.

I admit it. I thought it was going to be a BL pairing.

I welcome the future chapters with the new character.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hiyokoi is complete now. It's not the greatest but it's cute and fluffy.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i got tired of the seemingly endless series of girls who showed up expecting the mc to prove that she was good enough for her bf. there probably weren't all that many, but it was such a dull plot to begin with.

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

Thank you for posting/recommending this!

I just checked this thread for the first time in like months and it's really great to see an incredibly fun shounen ai title like this which is SO awesomely retro in its art style and just its overall feel. I'm pretty amazed that this was actually done recently. I dunno if it's nostalgia or what, but the retro-ness really makes me adore it. Clearly.

My collection has also gotten really huge and bloated. At this point, I have nearly every yaoi/BL manga volume that has been published in English, and multiples of several. I am missing maybe a dozen or a dozen and a half June titles, about a half-dozen BLU titles, and there's a hole here or there in random spots (don't have volume 2 of this one Youka Nitta series, Otodama, released on Junes Dokidoki label, also missing Volume 6 of Fake... Like I said just a random volume here or there. This does NOT extend to manhwa though I've just got a bit of those. And I don't have every edition of everything, like I don't have the bebeautiful editions of Kizuna or Embracing Love, though I do have as still-wrapped volume 1 of the latter. I do have literally all the rare and expensive June/801 titles though, and all the Dramaqueen titles and all the SuBLime titles and the random Yen or Kodansha series (like No. 6),

But honestly, after spending so long collecting all of this and finding ways to never spend more than $25 on a single volume except in the rarest of cases... Well, it was fun, but it's over, and it's kinda boring that I'm really all done collecting the backlog, the only new stuff is gonna be... well, new stuff. And it almost seems pointless to buy the random junky June titles from when they were releasing tons of poorly drawn and written crap, especially since I feel like I own enough of those (not that all their product is bad...) but anyway.

I just wish the Yaoi industry could get rolling again somehow like it was before. I guess that won't be happening, though, and we should be lucky to have SuBLime. And the whole business is moving in the digital direction anyway, weird paper and binding fetishists like me who collect these 'book things' are increasingly a pointless part of a redundant past...

In truth, since I clearly seem serious about this obsession, what I really ought to do is ACTUALLY learn to read Japanese so I can not only read the stuff that doesn't get licensed, but also enjoy the manga in all of its true and intended idiomatic beauty. And I can read yaoi with none of the absurd censoring they do in the translating like always making high school into college and middle school into high school. Which maybe is a good idea I guess but it's still a pet peeve of mine not because I'm a pervert but because it misrepresents the authors intentions and japanese society and the whole context of how the characters behave. People act differently when they're 15/16/17 and in high school as opposed to 18/19+ and in college.

kaworu fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Aug 25, 2017

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Pop quiz! Did you know that there's a new chapter of Kaguya out?

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Pop quiz: if Ishigami spoke english, how many hours a day would he spend on reddit?

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
lmao, that was one of the funniest Kaguya chapters yet.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
That chapter title is pretty great too.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
This has been making the rounds in the Surreal thread but I think it belongs here too: a cute romance/SOL about a guy and a Ninja Very Normal High School Girl.

I guess it's only 35 chapters long so it'll be over scanlation-wise soon.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
FYI there's new Nakamura-kun

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

In case anyone besides me is following Hatsukoi Zombie, a heads up: a number of new chapters just dropped, and things are actually happening! :ohdear:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

:toot:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Mikl posted:

In case anyone besides me is following Hatsukoi Zombie, a heads up: a number of new chapters just dropped, and things are actually happening! :ohdear:

Read a bunch of chapters earlier today, saw that another one was posted, and

ALL ABOARD THE PLOT TRAIN TOOT TOOT

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
I always figured ~~~Eve~~~ would be the first to find out, but this works too. I just wonder what Ibusuki will do to protect her secret now.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

2018 anime and Kase-san!

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Nice. Now if only Kase-San the second manga would get some more issues showing up. Still An anime happening would explain why things are slow.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Mikl posted:

Hey, about time.

I wonder if there's other incredibly fanservicey romcom series that actually have plot progression. Maoyuu, I suppose? :v:

I've been rooting for Ebino from the beginning, and fully expect it to become Yet Another Secondary Character Lost Cause, but would be ecstatic if she won. This is probably the "find out feelings but ultimately it falls through" segment of the story, sadly.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

I've been rooting for Ebino from the beginning, and fully expect it to become Yet Another Secondary Character Lost Cause, but would be ecstatic if she won. This is probably the "find out feelings but ultimately it falls through" segment of the story, sadly.

I have already accepted that the Ebino ending is a foolish hope.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

The favorite yaoi of ADTRW's heterosexual men

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

DisDisDis posted:

The favorite yaoi of ADTRW's heterosexual men

we have those?!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

Hey, about time.

I wonder if there's other incredibly fanservicey romcom series that actually have plot progression. Maoyuu, I suppose? :v:

chumbler posted:

I have already accepted that the Ebino ending is a foolish hope.

I still want to believe. Ebino is the best girl.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

The most mysterious and elusive of creatures...

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Well of course. If ever we are to be caught in the manga aisle, we need only chant "no homo" three times, click our heels together and disappear into a puff of axe body spray.

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

Mikl posted:

So this post got me to read through all the translated chapters in one go and oh god now I'm hopelessly waiting for the next chapter.

I hope it's Ririsu in the end.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Why do the chapter links redirect to this???

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
imma guess you don't have an account or are not using a strong enough ad blocker. Dis has that problem too but I have never seen it.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Welcome to the exciting world of ladyfirst.net, join me in playing the minigame where you hope you get a funny celebrity headline and match it to a manga panel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Robot Girlfriend finally got an update.