Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Yeah they said it's personal reasons and they're still love it and are going to keep going I don't know where this "well they're just going to stop" poo poo is coming from unless we're supposed to read some secret loving hidden code in that video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Fans like to ignore what people actually say so they can let their imagination run wild.

Hunter X Hunter has the the same thing we're the author is open about why he has to keep quitting but people still think it's because he is tired of it.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Blockhouse posted:

Yeah they said it's personal reasons and they're still love it and are going to keep going I don't know where this "well they're just going to stop" poo poo is coming from unless we're supposed to read some secret loving hidden code in that video

Didn't they always say they had no firm plans to go further than the Cell Games and now here they are a couple of episodes from the end taking an indefinite break... It's pretty obvious where the idea comes from.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

sassassin posted:

Didn't they always say they had no firm plans to go further than the Cell Games and now here they are a couple of episodes from the end taking an indefinite break... It's pretty obvious where the idea comes from.

They haven't said that in years and Kaiser has mentioned having characters cast for the Buu Saga many times.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It is kinda funny (in a haha not strange way) that they put out a video explaining that DBZA is a while away when this isn't the longest they've been radio silent on the episode front.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I don't like DBZA that much but stopping before even finishing the series is a dick move so it gotta be a c&d or somebody's family all mysteriously died at once. If it was personal I'd think they'd at least end it to shut up the fans.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Blockhouse posted:

They haven't said that in years and Kaiser has mentioned having characters cast for the Buu Saga many times.

But they've said it before. That's where the idea comes from. I've solved your mystery for you.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
why does it "have to" be either of those things

the wording used in the video is "hey some personal stuff came up so we're not going to give you any kind of time frame for the next episode"

in fact there's a pinned youtube comment:

quote:

Just so we're clear: We're still working on DBZA in the meantime. We're just making sure that things on all sides are handled while we prepare for the season finale, and due ot many contributing factors, it's impossible for us to promise when the next episodes will drop. Thank you for your patience, and we really look forward to sharing our love for DragonBall with you again.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

They didn't have the comment up before and the video was weirdly done but ok that's much clearer.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

*bursts into thread, covered in dirt and debris, panting loudly*
DID SOMEONE loving SAY TEAMFOURSTAR? I DON'T THINK TEAMFOURSTAR IS VERY FUNNY!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Nuclear Take: DBZA is old and boring now. I'm glad they are stopping.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

DBZA is bad

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Dragon Ball is bad

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

DBZA is ok

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Perhaps... the truth is in the middle

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Raserys posted:

Perhaps... the truth is in the middle

No

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The bad is coming from inside the thread

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

something awful is a classic shonen manga and i won't stand for people dissing it

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Hot take: DBZA is extremely inconsistent in quality, sometimes from episode to episode. Much like the original DBZ. I still enjoyed a lot of it and hope they resolve their issues and get back to producing content. That said, I'm old enough that I'm still unable to wrap my head around how they manage to make a living, when 90% of their content right now is video game streaming. Is there enough demand that people are donating to see some (admittedly pretty funny at times) guys stream games every day?

Another hot take: Dragon Ball Super is good, I almost choked up at the newest episode when Roshi talked about the teachings of the Turtle school before launching that super Kamehameha. The dub is also finally getting to the good stuff, and I'm DVRing it and watching it every Monday after work. Feels good.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
DB super is really good in my opinion. I'm so glad that Dragon Ball is back and it's fun as hell.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm glad super is more DB and less DBZ tbh

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

A Fancy Hat posted:

I'm old enough that I'm still unable to wrap my head around how they manage to make a living, when 90% of their content right now is video game streaming. Is there enough demand that people are donating to see some (admittedly pretty funny at times) guys stream games every day?

Their patreon pays them over 10k a month and they make money from other sources as well. Split that up among their team and add in that I think a chunk of them live together somewhere that housing is cheap already and yeah, they can make a decent living off it. They're not rich or anything but if you don't go out much then you don't need to make a whole lot to be comfortable.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Augus posted:

The bad is coming from inside the thread

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

A Fancy Hat posted:

Hot take: DBZA is extremely inconsistent in quality, sometimes from episode to episode. Much like the original DBZ. I still enjoyed a lot of it and hope they resolve their issues and get back to producing content. That said, I'm old enough that I'm still unable to wrap my head around how they manage to make a living, when 90% of their content right now is video game streaming. Is there enough demand that people are donating to see some (admittedly pretty funny at times) guys stream games every day?

one of the richest people on youtube right now is a guy who screams "rape" at the top of his lungs while playing video games

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Please, he's much more mature than screaming rape now. He's alt-right.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Aurora posted:

Please, he's much more mature than screaming rape now. He's alt-right.

He's Swedish. You really shouldn't be surprised that he ended up being a Nazi. There are shockingly large amount of them in Sweden.

His love of claiming every Nazi thing he does is a ironic is annoying. " I paid these people to carry a sign around town that says death to all Jews screaming Nazi slurs and I specifically told him to enter the Jew sections of the city, isn't that funny? I did it ironically! Even let them borr--buy Nazi uniforms for it!"

Covok fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Aug 30, 2017

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
DBZA Kai 1 & 2 and the Androids run are good, the rest pretty bad.

Their Cell stuff has gone on twice as long as it should have already.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Covok posted:

He's Swedish. You really shouldn't be surprised that he ended up being a Nazi. There are shockingly large amount of them in Sweden.

His love of claiming every Nazi thing he does is a ironic is annoying. " I paid these people to carry a sign around town that says death to all used screaming Nazi slurs and I specifically told him to enter the Jew sections of the city, isn't that funny? I did it ironically! Even let them borr--buy Nazi uniforms for it!"
That dude came into the Gundam thread here on ADTRW once and made posts about how he liked the space Nazis in that series.

I thought he was just kidding at first, but looking back I don't think he was.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Raxivace posted:

That dude came into the Gundam thread here on ADTRW once and made posts about how he liked the space Nazis in that series.

That explains a loving lot.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Raxivace posted:

Is that dude actually pewdiepie tho

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

sassassin posted:

DBZA Kai 1 & 2 and the Androids run are good, the rest pretty bad.

Their Cell stuff has gone on twice as long as it should have already.

I mean, you can say that about the actual Cell Saga.

As much as I love it, there is an episode that is literally just a beam struggle between Gohan and Cell. An ENTIRE episode where that's all that happens.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Monaghan posted:

We don't know if goku accelerated the death of the universes though. It's pure speculation.

Actually we do know. Before Goku got involved in time fuckery Gowasu used the time ring to show Zamasu 1000 years into the future. Their universe still existed 1000 years into the future, and it doesn't now.

Goku is responsible.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Maybe time travel doesn't take into account whether or not a universe still exists? Maybe Zen-o and his angels exist and operate outside of time so their actions would not reflect in an individual's timeline unless they specifically enter it. Think of it like a series of bubbles, where all the bubbles are time.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Covok posted:

Maybe time travel doesn't take into account whether or not a universe still exists? Maybe Zen-o and his angels exist and operate outside of time so their actions would not reflect in an individual's timeline unless they specifically enter it. Think of it like a series of bubbles, where all the bubbles are time.

What part of the show suggests to you that this could be true apart from your desire to believe Goku can't cause bad things to happen?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ryaomon posted:

An unfunny, out of character, cheap sex joke is probably the worst example you could have used but this is dbz abridged and that's a good 85% of their content.

Do you even watch Dragon Ball? Do you even remember the original scene?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It is kinda funny (in a haha not strange way) that they put out a video explaining that DBZA is a while away when this isn't the longest they've been radio silent on the episode front.

Well I think its because they said they wanted to do an episode a month

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

sassassin posted:

What part of the show suggests to you that this could be true apart from your desire to believe Goku can't cause bad things to happen?

I am still banking on Goku playing some 10 dimensional chess here. He doesn't care about he tournament, he only wants an oppratunity to fight the gods. Once he over throws the celestial order he will fix the universes. The tournament is just a way for him to recruit strong allies to help fight the gods.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Rutibex posted:

Actually we do know. Before Goku got involved in time fuckery Gowasu used the time ring to show Zamasu 1000 years into the future. Their universe still existed 1000 years into the future, and it doesn't now.

Goku is responsible.

Eeeeeh not really. Time travel is pretty inconsistent in DB (which is why it's probably a good thing that they closed the door on Future Trunks ever being a thing again). Goku was saved by Future Trunks, thinking the timeline would change. Instead, time didn't change and split into different timelines. Zamasu destroyed all the universes less than 1000 years in the future from when he was shown the future, in a timeline that had become unrelated to the timeline that Goku was alive in to alter in the first place. If time travel worked consistently in DBS, the timeline where Goku triggers Zamasu going crazy would have no impact on the time line of Future Trunks.

you have Goku Black from the Future Trunks timeline, and Future Zamasu from the unaltered timeline. These two should, in theory, not be able to ever meet due to the timeline split happening long before Zamasu uses the time ring to meet himself. However, they can and do.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Rutibex posted:

I am still banking on Goku playing some 10 dimensional chess here. He doesn't care about he tournament, he only wants an oppratunity to fight the gods. Once he over throws the celestial order he will fix the universes. The tournament is just a way for him to recruit strong allies to help fight the gods.

Goku can't even play one dimensional chess.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Skinty McEdger posted:

Goku can't even play one dimensional chess.

How the gently caress would you play one dimensional chess? I don't think I could either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf

Glagha posted:

How the gently caress would you play one dimensional chess? I don't think I could either.

The first person to say "checkmate" wins. :v: