Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Roshi in third place now makes me want to see him last long enough to get the wish on the Super Dragon Balls

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

this was the worst episode in a while. would probably work better in the manga

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Does anyone have that picture of puar smoking a cigarette

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I wonder when Universe 3 is gonna get cut down.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Calibanibal posted:

You know the Manga will have everyone greet immediately taken out but Goku.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

that would also be retarded but at least with better intentions than toei's

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

honestly at this point I wouldn't mind that because the tournament is kinda dragging now. I wish they didn't feel the need to show every single person get eliminated, or at least that other universes were actually allowed to take people out

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Agoat posted:

Does anyone have that picture of puar smoking a cigarette

Also, I really liked the premise of this week's episode, cause it was pretty Jojo as gently caress, but I'm very disappointed in its execution. Tien running straight at a sniper is really stupid.

Combat Lobster fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Sep 3, 2017

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

That movie is fuckin' bonkers.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Andrast posted:

Yeah Tien isn't even considered important enough to be worth saving by anybody

Even Tien's clones didn't care enough to try to save Tien

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Stairmaster posted:

that would also be retarded but at least with better intentions than toei's

What the gently caress is this meant to mean? What's "intentions" to you? I'm really confused.

And yeah it was a bad episode. Tenshinhan is a bad character, thus, his focus episode is bad. Why did they bring him again? Is he popular with the POWER LEVEL crowd that still, somehow, thinks he's actually a threat and better than canon Strongest Earthling Krillin?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they brought him because buu's asleep and yamcha's a meme I guess

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Like its impressive that they actually went full hog on the whole sniper aspect where a dude literally was both the guy's spotter and amplifier, but goddamn tien, is crane style now just step on the landmine to make sure no one else does?

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Part of why this episode feels so weird is that those guys came from Universe 2.

They feel way more like they should have come from Robot universe from the way Blanka's arm guns seemed like add ons to the point that the second Fat Red Guy in this tournament absorbed and amplified power.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Calibanibal posted:

There's no way anything in this episode appears in the manga.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I, too, remember DucktaleZ 3.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Manatee Cannon posted:

they brought him because buu's asleep and yamcha's a meme I guess

I'm not going to stop being salty about Buu being cut especially after rape joke roshi and tien being a complete moron

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Stallion Cabana posted:

I wonder when Universe 3 is gonna get cut down.

Brianne's an actual character it seems like, she's in the intro at least so she and her universe are probably safe from the great jobbing so I expect the Maji Kayo dude we saw in the next ep preview goes out next week and the rest of U3 are going to get cream crackered by Jiren when eventually chooses to do things.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Stallion Cabana posted:

Part of why this episode feels so weird is that those guys came from Universe 2.

They feel way more like they should have come from Robot universe from the way Blanka's arm guns seemed like add ons to the point that the second Fat Red Guy in this tournament absorbed and amplified power.

They're the magical girl universe, so these guys were two monsters of the week. They tend to have weird powers.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Brianne's an actual character it seems like, she's in the intro at least so she and her universe are probably safe from the great jobbing so I expect the Maji Kayo dude we saw in the next ep preview goes out next week and the rest of U3 are going to get cream crackered by Jiren when eventually chooses to do things.

Trio de Dangers are in the intro too

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i cant believe it but dragon ball super has made me dislike Tien and think he's a lame-o when I always used to like him. hes got a cool design and potentially cool powers and i think his kind of straight man personality can work well with others but he's just been made to be really ineffective and worst of all boring.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Blaze Dragon posted:

What the gently caress is this meant to mean? What's "intentions" to you? I'm really confused.

And yeah it was a bad episode. Tenshinhan is a bad character, thus, his focus episode is bad. Why did they bring him again? Is he popular with the POWER LEVEL crowd that still, somehow, thinks he's actually a threat and better than canon Strongest Earthling Krillin?

Stairmaster is the only one in this thread who consistently posts worse then Rutibex, don't dwell on it.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Stairmaster is under my protection but I wish he'd stop saying "retarded" and "autistic"

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Aurora posted:

Trio de Dangers are in the intro too

They were actual featured characters who showed up in the pre-tournament tournament and got an episode each so yeah, the trio de dangers are also notable characters.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Aurora posted:

I wish he'd stop saying "retarded" and "autistic"
This. Cavalierly throwing words like that around is honestly super lovely.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

RevolverDivider posted:

Stairmaster is the only one in this thread who consistently posts worse then Rutibex, don't dwell on it.

gently caress off dude

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I mean, could krillin really have done any better in that situation?

krillin didn't face tank a bunch of attacks (c'mon tien, you're not goku you can't pull this off)

he lost to a guy it looks like roshi might lose to next ep

tien probably would've been ohko by the blind fox. does he even have stinky shoe attack? or just a big dumb beam that doesn't hurt stuff and a technique that makes him suck even more

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Tien's strongest power in this ep was having more eyes than everyone else so he can see where the laser beams are coming from or something.

The zenos' "wow that's so cool" declarations are coming off as increasingly desperate. But in their defence they've only seen half a dozen fights in their lifetimes. We the audience are a little more savvy.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I'm going to beat stairmaster up irl

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Zeno is supposed to be a babby right? No way Zeno-sama would think some loving camping sniper guy is amazing or cool.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
in the end krillin and tien both got eliminated in their focus episodes, sure, but the difference is krillin got to be cool and effective in his while tien spent the whole thing running around like a jackass

they really should have taken this concept and ditched everything except gohan and piccolo figuring out how the sniper duo worked and then had them solve the problem (also keep the rota joke because that was pretty funny)

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Saagonsa posted:

I'm going to beat stairmaster up irl

Punch im in the gut once for me

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

lowtax says theres too many subforums and they're using up all the server electricity. so he announces a tournament of posting for the 8 worst subforums, who must send teams of 10 posters. the loser subforums are deleted and their most common posters perma'd (also mods)

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Condiv posted:

lowtax says theres too many subforums and they're using up all the server electricity. so he announces a tournament of posting for the 8 worst subforums, who must send teams of 10 posters. the loser subforums are deleted and their most common posters perma'd (also mods)

finally,

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Condiv posted:

Good thing we're not one of the 8 worst subforums then

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Blockhouse posted:

in the end krillin and tien both got eliminated in their focus episodes, sure, but the difference is krillin got to be cool and effective in his while tien spent the whole thing running around like a jackass

they really should have taken this concept and ditched everything except gohan and piccolo figuring out how the sniper duo worked and then had them solve the problem (also keep the rota joke because that was pretty funny)

If this episode had been written like the preceding Roshi one then Tien would have been pinned down, used his third-eye-sight to see where the beams were coming from, blown up the platform reflection man was standing on with a Shin Excavator-Beam, and simultaneously grappled the sniper via his multiforms and multiarms. Then he would have almost died due to energy drain and been saved by gently caress idk Vegeta?

I'm glad it wasn't written like that because the Roshi episode was also bad (basically a puff-piece where he whomps baddies designed specifically for his powerset). But getting the whole crew involved like that just made everyone look dumb (except Goku who maybe was a bit smarter than average in this one).

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

It's been pretty cool the b-team have been getting their moments in the sun this arc and, imo, this last episode has been the only dud. I am however, ready for the main event to start and it would be nice to see the star players for each team actually fighting for real.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
i for one am glad gbs and its posters will be eliminated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Thank you Tien for doing nothing you gently caress