Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Did goku really say "roshi you're gonna die but for real this time" in the nep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Goku becomes a God of Death instead of a God of Destruction.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I wish Goku would die too

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

bobjr posted:

Well, considering how he's already caused the deaths of two whole universes and will cause the death of five more, I'd say he deserves the title.

a.lo posted:

I'm sure Universes 9 and 10 feel the same. Except maybe Gowasu, since Goku makes for some great GodTube material.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

goku picks up the death note and writes the names of all his friends in it so that he doesn't forget

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

a.lo posted:

Double death for goku this season

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

bobjr posted:

His reiatsu is on another level!

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Frieza can be useful if, when he inevitably ices Frost or maybe Toppo to trigger Jiren into doing something, proves you can get away with murder if its flashy and the Zen-Os think what you did was cool. Just show that the rules of the Tournament don't matter and really crank up the tension to maybe even slightly exciting.

And if that's how Jiren's personality is, give him motivation or just an excuse to not care and be as lethal and brutal as possible in order to secure victory swiftly. Which, if it actually proves Jiren is a threat that pushes goku to his limits, could justify and give a little credibility to Goku just pulling out a new stronger form that is him pushing himself further than ever before yet again. A very easy turn of events to lead up to your hour long special, Toei.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Sep 5, 2017

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Aurora posted:

goku picks up the death note and writes the names of all his friends in it so that he doesn't forget

Making some pretty strong assumptions about Goku having the ability to write, here.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

a.lo posted:

Goku has died like 30 times now

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kanos posted:

Making some pretty strong assumptions about Goku having the ability to write, here.

Now, now

Launch made sure he could, barely

We know that for a fact because otherwise he would have been disqualified from the Universe 6 tournament

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Hakai Goku now

Like NOW

Freiza is already immune, monkey is not far behind if already too late with Silver Eyes

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I wonder if one of the shittier GoDs secretly gave one of their fighters a little charge of Hakai Ki like that assassin had? That sounds like an amazing way to get disqualified, but you'd basically be taking somebody with you (other universes don't know that Freiza and probably Goku are immune to it).

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I'm a few days late this week but what the gently caress was that episode

Swear to god if The ending order theory is accurate and Vegeta jobs to loving Frost

Kashuno fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Sep 5, 2017

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I actually hope that happens just because Vegeta getting his revenge on Hit and/or inevitably being crushed by Jiren is really really boring to me.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Just because Vegeta might be next doesn't mean he has to immediately get knocked out. It could still be a while

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
But knocking out Vegeta would actually build some modicum of tension in-so-far as he's actually a capable fighter compared to loving Tienshinwhogivesafuck. Vegeta Jobing specifically to make Jiren or any big rival of the arc look strong is loving obvious and old as hell, but when has that stopped Super from utilizing nostalgia and decades old call backs?

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Sep 5, 2017

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

There's basically no way it's happening, but it'd be hilarious if Goku was the one who got knocked out next because he kept using up his stamina like a complete idiot. Having Vegeta and the rest desperately take up the slack while Goku can only helplessly watch would at least have some tension to it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Even though I like Vegeta there's a part of me that really wants to see him screaming at everyone from the stands for the remainder because he gets knocked out next episode.

MonsterEnvy posted:

There is some speculation that Frost is going to turn it around and wack Vegeta with it.

For those wondering, the main theory (as I've seen it) is that in the preview Frost is glowing with the same aura as people that are using Mafuba in one of the shots.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Sep 5, 2017

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Not my favorite episode, and Tien didn't get quite the focus that Krillin did before his elimination, but I'm still digging this arc a lot.

I personally like how Beerus is gaining a bit of respect for everyone. Lots of "wow that's brave" and "that's a powerful technique" stuff. I'm gonna be heartbroken if/when Whis turns on him.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Wasn't there some speculation about Gohan getting some new transformation? What happened with that? Would be far more interesting than Goku, yet again, getting some new form.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Carl Seitan posted:

Wasn't there some speculation about Gohan getting some new transformation? What happened with that? Would be far more interesting than Goku, yet again, getting some new form.

This was not serious speculation just a "what if that was GOHAN with the new form" in the art clearly showing Goku's new form

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I think it started before that when Gohan talked about pursuing a different path to power than increasingly powerful super saiyan transformations.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

a cartoon duck posted:

I think it started before that when Gohan talked about pursuing a different path to power than increasingly powerful super saiyan transformations.

The path of not working hard and only training the day before he has to fight and getting magic powerups from older men.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

sassassin posted:

The path of not working hard and only training the day before he has to fight and getting magic powerups from older men.

Hey, it got him a better form than Super Saiyan 3.

Not like being better than Super Saiyan 3 is a big accomplishment, but you know, it's something.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

I can't believe Dragon Ball AF is real.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Why do people want white super saiyan hair so badly? It's so boring looking

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Carl Seitan posted:

People saw that pic of Goku, people want Gohan to do something cool, and Gohan has stated that he's looking for a different route than the Super Saiyan God stuff.

It seems like we *should* get some kind of alternate transformation coming up. He's presumably gotten back his Mystic/Ultimate form, yeah? He was fighting against SSB Goku before the tournament. So maybe he's unlocked some even deeper level of power. Ultimate Gohan II or something.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kelp Plankton posted:

Dunno but Toriyama let it slip that that was the original idea for SSJBlue

They just realized that they had an up coming character with white hair, Zams and Merged Zams, and they changed it to blue.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Kelp Plankton posted:

White hair on anime characters who are not old is the edgiest possible hair color.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Are episode previews from Japanese media considered spoilers? The summary for the two (:sigh:) episodes left this month are out (e: maybe, the guy that translates them wrote stuff but they aren't officially out yet).

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Sep 5, 2017

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

They're a bit spoilery but I would like to see them anyway, so just hide them behind spoiler tags or a link or whatever.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Right now it's not clear how valid they are.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
That one for 109 sounds pretty :wtc:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mind posting what they are? I'm curious now.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Short versions because they aren't confirmed yet

107: Frost fights Roshi and Vegeta

108: Gohan fights Jimeze

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

https://twitter.com/Herms98/ status/905087803309961216

Link broken to avoid embedding.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Those look fake as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Japan spoils and leaks everything. They're more than plausible.