Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

There's no reason we wouldn't. It's going to be the capstone to the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Fabricated posted:

OST for season 2 is dropping. Putting this here since it might be spoiler material for the anime-only people.

When the gently caress will THIS play? Are we getting the mall confrontation I guess?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuTwBgKpUVQ

lol at them dressed like the Oneders/Wonders from That thing you do

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Fabricated posted:

OST for season 2 is dropping. Putting this here since it might be spoiler material for the anime-only people.

When the gently caress will THIS play? Are we getting the mall confrontation I guess?

The stinger for S3.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Fabricated posted:

It played when Shinsou brainwashed Deku.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Jet Set Run https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeRuRyJDLqw and Just Another Hero (theme of Endeavor) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgIdizdNIKo

are quite awesome. Though Endeavor's theme sounds like a bit like a Deku or All Might theme.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Sep 6, 2017

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Yeah, the lyrics "I damage myself again and again" makes me think more of Deku.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

Jet Set Run https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeRuRyJDLqw and Just Another Hero (theme of Endeavor) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgIdizdNIKo

are quite awesome. Though Endeavor's theme sounds like a bit like a Deku or All Might theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JXA2dv_7pk

Isn't this Endeavor's theme?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Yeah that would be correct. The other song is also considered one of his themes cause it first played when he was being a badass against the Nomu's

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Spoilers dropping.

Like, real spoilers. Black bars.

Ya'll were right. Neomata was aiming at Eri and Mirio takes the dequirking bullet for her, then gets hosed up by Overhaul just in time for Deku to burst in. For some reason I just kept thinking the framing of the last chapter's final page had Neomata aiming at Mirio.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Sep 7, 2017

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Spoilers for the new chapter
Is it bad I like Lemons hair when it's more scuffed and rough looking? I mean, I'm concerned for my boys safety after getting loving stabbed all over but still.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Spoilers for the new chapter
Is it bad I like Lemons hair when it's more scuffed and rough looking? I mean, I'm concerned for my boys safety after getting loving stabbed all over but still.
Well, It's that anime "randomly stabbed all over" kind of thing which normally results in no real damage. If he got full-on impaled maybe.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
http://readms.net/r/my_hero_academia/152/4545/1

Mirio is a good boy.

Also I'm gonna be super disappointed if next chapter isn't just twenty pages of Deku slow-motion punching Chisaki in the face.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!

Mikl posted:

http://readms.net/r/my_hero_academia/152/4545/1

Also I'm gonna be super disappointed if next chapter isn't just twenty pages of Deku slow-motion punching Chisaki in the face.

Yes same.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
There's gonna be some real irony there if Mirio ends up fulfilling Deku's old dream of being a spectacular Quirkless hero.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Fabricated posted:

Well, It's that anime "randomly stabbed all over" kind of thing which normally results in no real damage. If he got full-on impaled maybe.

even that's rarely enough to actually kill people in anime. especially ones with super powers like this. hell, in bleach it gave the main character a power up

called this entire situation entirely, down to deku showing up at the end of the chapter when mirio's on the ropes. feels nice after my recent one piece predictions, even if this was the most obvious way for things to go :v:

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

There is no way his quirk is just gone forever. I bet Eri can use her quirk to nullify the ability of her own quirk or something. This would be the equivalent of Rock Lee ending up in a wheelchair for life after his Gaara fight. Wayyy too brutal for a shonen character.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Sub Harrison posted:

There is no way his quirk is just gone forever. I bet Eri can use her quirk to nullify the ability of her own quirk or something. This would be the equivalent of Rock Lee ending up in a wheelchair for life after his Gaara fight. Wayyy too brutal for a shonen character.

Why not? MHA already has a huge cast, and Mirio isn't even a main character. From a story telling perspective, this is a growth opportunity for Deku, and it would be squandered if everything just turns out hunky dory in the end. Not much different than Ingenium and Ida, IMO.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Sarcophallus posted:

Why not? MHA already has a huge cast, and Mirio isn't even a main character. From a story telling perspective, this is a growth opportunity for Deku, and it would be squandered if everything just turns out hunky dory in the end. Not much different than Ingenium and Ida, IMO.

eh, all might was deku's ingenium situation. he barely knows mirio so idk that they need to recycle that plot point. they could keep mirio quirkless but I'm not convinced they will, and especially not for that reason

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Called it. He might have lost his powers, but not his POWERRRRR

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Chisaki's fatal mistake was failing to make a drug that could cancel punches

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
My favourite gimmick of this manga is when characters that don't have direct combat quirks (+ Deku) end up just punching the poo poo out of dudes because they had to build their strength to keep up with villains anyway.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I can't wait for Deku to no-sell those power cancelling darts.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Sub Harrison posted:

Was about to say that.

Ethiser posted:

I can't wait for Deku to no-sell those power cancelling darts.
Also, i feel lile we keep forgetting, but these are power cancelling bullets.

It didn't seem lile suneater was hurt that badly, no, but the implication is that eri's blood/skin/whatever is being put into their body. With a bullet.

He was still shot.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Was about to say that.

Also, i feel lile we keep forgetting, but these are power cancelling bullets.

It didn't seem lile suneater was hurt that badly, no, but the implication is that eri's blood/skin/whatever is being put into their body. With a bullet.

He was still shot.

I dunno, it looks a hell of a lot like a dart to me. If they want it to stick in and deliver its payload instead of like shattering and just splashing the anti-quirk fluid, it must be a low-velocity round, at the very least.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Yeah it's very obviously a dart gun shooting a syringe of Eri's ~substance~ be that skin, blood, brain matter, whatever.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Begemot posted:

I dunno, it looks a hell of a lot like a dart to me. If they want it to stick in and deliver its payload instead of like shattering and just splashing the anti-quirk fluid, it must be a low-velocity round, at the very least.

:v:
This is what i get for reading on my phone in the sunlight. The egg, it's all over my face!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

tho tbh, just shooting mirio would probably have worked a lot better than robbing him of his quirk

they could have just straight up killed him with a real gun. he couldn't stop the bullets from hitting him because otherwise eri would be shot instead

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

In fiction you can take a gun shot to the shoulder and shrug it off. I'm guessing it's just narrative thing that in a super hero comic taking away a super ability is more effective than a wound.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It's step 1. He's a lot easier to kill now that he's not flying through the ground and the walls at hundreds of miles an hour.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

step 1 would have been a lot easier if they'd just unloaded a full pistol clip into his back and head, killing him

yea I know they wouldn't actually do that but it does stick out to me more than it normally would when their plan is to put him in a position where he can't dodge, then shoot him

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

It's step 1. He's a lot easier to kill now that he's not flying through the ground and the walls at hundreds of miles an hour.

Are we sure about this? It looks like he's tanking the hell out of what Chisaki is throwing at him

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
This being manga, Mirio would have tanked a regular bullet and then phase destroyed them. Making him take a quirk-destroyer at least slowed him down a bit.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Shooting or impaling a shonen hero just pisses them off.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Mirio is too cool

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I can see a new dilemma of Deku deciding whether to give One For All to Mirio now that he lost his quirk

Enrique Meridian
Mar 29, 2010
mirio's dad....i love him

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
I did love how it's not just that he looks funny, he looks like his dad :3:

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

SgtSteel91 posted:

I can see a new dilemma of Deku deciding whether to give One For All to Mirio now that he lost his quirk

Interesting idea, here. Maybe Nighteye or someone will try to force him to give up his quirk.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I did love how it's not just that he looks funny, he looks like his dad :3:

Vault Boy and his Vault Dad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

It's really clear now why Mirio's an ofa candidate. Must've been a tough call for All Might.