Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Are we going to have the discussion about Super's animation for like the ninth time again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I've checked the schedule and we're actually due for Gohan was never intended to replace Goku #32.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
We wouldn't have to have this conversation at all if Dragon Ball had ended when it was supposed to.

When is the break/hour long special thing again?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

A break this weekend and one at the start of October, hour long special on the 10 8th of October, iirc.

e: i checked the calendar and that Sunday is the 8th.
Double checked on Herms' twitter and he says a new ending debuts on that episode too

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

RBX posted:

He has a good video calling Caulifa a Mary Sue

lol

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Say something about it if you disagree or keep posting like the YouTube comments section

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

RBX posted:

Say something about it if you disagree or keep posting like the YouTube comments section

'(X female character) is a Mary Sue!' is about as youtube comments section as you can get

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

multijoe posted:

'(X female character) is a Mary Sue!' is about as youtube comments section as you can get

That was the name of the video not the content of his post.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

RBX posted:

Here's a pretty good video with legit critism.

https://youtu.be/jfHBrhMM5bk

This video is legit terrible.

Goku probably won't become the next turtle hermit, because the guy
A) Doesn't like to sit in one spot for very long
B) Isn't the type to really train people. Seriously his version of training people is having them come at him while he toys with them until he decides to beat their rear end.

Uub is obviously going to be an exception, because Goku had a ton of respect for kid buu's power level and wants to see what it could become if given time to grow. I wouldn't be surprised if Goku thinks Uub will surpass him. The next turtle hermit is going to be Yamcha

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
There's literally a hermit dude with his own dojo in the series who's been reduced to a joke, I think that spot is covered.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

RBX posted:

Okay, how about "shut up, rear end in a top hat"?

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Kashuno posted:

Uub is obviously going to be an exception, because Goku had a ton of respect for kid buu's power level and wants to see what it could become if given time to grow. I wouldn't be surprised if Goku thinks Uub will surpass him.

I'm wondering, but would Goku even be a good teacher? I know he and Gohan trained together, but Gohan already had a solid grasp of martial arts thanks to Piccolo. I'm talking more if Goku has what it takes to train a complete rookie like kid Uub from scratch.

Kashuno posted:

The next turtle hermit is going to be Yamcha

- Everyone is stronger than him
- Has his own talking animal companion
- Has terrible luck with women

Yeah, it checks out.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Goku is a bad father, a bad teacher and hell, a bad man. This is why I support Jiren 2018.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
at this point kid buu is like barely a dip in the well to goku

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

RBX posted:

OK:

Caulifla is not a Mary Sue

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Yamcha would absolutely open up a lovely dojo to meet girls & make some money and it would absolutely be a lot more successful than Tien's (or Goku's).

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Okay, how about "shut up, rear end in a top hat"?

gently caress off

I didn't even ask to talk about it, y'all got triggered.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Bulma in like Season One of Dragon Ball might be a manic pixie dream girl.

deadly_pudding fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Sep 8, 2017

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

RBX posted:

gently caress off

I didn't even ask to talk about it, y'all got triggered.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lmfao

for content:

amigolupus posted:

I'm wondering, but would Goku even be a good teacher? I know he and Gohan trained together, but Gohan already had a solid grasp of martial arts thanks to Piccolo. I'm talking more if Goku has what it takes to train a complete rookie like kid Uub from scratch.

- Everyone is stronger than him
- Has his own talking animal companion
- Has terrible luck with women

Yeah, it checks out.

Goku's problem with training people is that he gets way too bored too quickly. Uub is someone that he actually sees potential in that he can train uninterrupted (unlike Gohan who always had ChiChi getting involved). Uub won't be an especially good fighter by training with Goku (Goku isn't especially good at fighting, he's just good at being the strongest dude in a brawl), but he'll have the power to beat back most opponents. I imagine Goku won't train Uub entirely, but have other people train him in aspects he sucks at, or get Uub in on some Whis training

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
Goku is literally the best mortal fighter in his universe.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I hope they give Uub the Launch treatment and forget he exists

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

tbp posted:

Goku is stronger than everyone in his universe, but he's not exactly an amazing fighter. Even Goku admits he fucks up a lot. The difference is when he lets his guard down and someone gets the drop on him he can just be like "lol I am so much stronger than you idiot."

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Kashuno posted:

Goku's problem with training people is that he gets way too bored too quickly. Uub is someone that he actually sees potential in that he can train uninterrupted (unlike Gohan who always had ChiChi getting involved). Uub won't be an especially good fighter by training with Goku (Goku isn't especially good at fighting, he's just good at being the strongest dude in a brawl), but he'll have the power to beat back most opponents. I imagine Goku won't train Uub entirely, but have other people train him in aspects he sucks at, or get Uub in on some Whis training

To be fair to Chi-Chi, she actually was the one to train Goten but I got the feeling it was only for self-defense. When Goten turned Super Saiyan, Chi-Chi broke down crying because she saw it as a sign that Goten would be a delinquent like Goku and get into brawls.

Though the way you describe Uub being trained under Goku makes it sound like he'll be the next Gohan. A guy who relies on his innate potential with others being the one to actually train him. :v:

But really, as he is now, I just can't see Goku being able to train Uub.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

tbp posted:

Until Gohans full power is unleashed!

:negative:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

So the actual previews came out and confirmed the unconfirmed ones but they also had this nugget about U4: As the various universes start getting down to business, the God of Destruction Beerus notices something odd about the number of people in Universe 4.

Only a month until we finally get to see what that's all about :v:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
gimme an arc that is Zeno + angels vs Dragon God + mortals

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Mogomra posted:

Until Gohans full power is unleashed!

:negative:

or freeza trains for like a week

I bet uub will be stronger than whis in a day

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Kashuno posted:

gimme an arc that is Zeno + angels vs Dragon God + mortals

It's been awhile since I played an RPG where I punched God. I like this.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

So Dragon Ball Quest? We have Trunks as the main character whose village gets destroyed/cursed to timehell, but who is our Yangus here?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

amigolupus posted:

So Dragon Ball Quest? We have Trunks as the main character whose village gets destroyed/cursed to timehell, but who is our Yangus here?

Vegeta

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

amigolupus posted:

Yajirobe

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

amigolupus posted:

The only bro in Dragonball who is on Yangus level is Mr. Satan

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Kashuno posted:

Goku is stronger than everyone in his universe, but he's not exactly an amazing fighter. Even Goku admits he fucks up a lot. The difference is when he lets his guard down and someone gets the drop on him he can just be like "lol I am so much stronger than you idiot."

He's an amazing fighter

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

It's a bit inconsistent since we have moments like Goku punching a dude made out of water and wondering why it's not working, but generally he's portrayed a genius-level fighter. When not being a huge idiot Goku can figure out complex techniques in moments and figure out an opponent's fighting style just as quick. It's not exactly mutually-exclusive with letting his guard down when feeling too overconfident or relaxed.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Is it just me or is Jiren a great foil for Goku because he actively DOESN'T want to fight as much as Goku does.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

graham cracker posted:

Is it just me or is Jiren a great foil for Goku because he actively DOESN'T want to fight as much as Goku does.

Is that really the case with Jiren? It more seems like he's bored and no one intrigues him

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Jiren doesn't seem to care at all about what's going on, since he let 7 of his friends get thrown out without bothering to help.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
It's not his fault the Saiyans have plot armor.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

graham cracker posted:

Jiren hasn't proven to be a great anything but disappointment so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I can't really call Jiren a disappointment when I wasn't expecting anything from him until the end anyway.