Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Just used my scouter and it says

"as strong as he needs to be to create tension in an episode and then a total chump"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Has he really never fought Vegeta, not even in the movies or anything?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Has he really never fought Vegeta, not even in the movies or anything?

nope

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Weird, Piccolo fans love watching Piccolo struggle against tougher dudes and Vegeta fans love watching Vegeta get wrecked.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
hell vegeta isn't even in that many dragonball movies where he'd actually get a chance to fight piccolo

they're only in cooler 2, android 13, broly 1, and bojack together before piccolo stops appearing altogether

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Sep 13, 2017

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I wonder what the original planned Majin Piccolo arc would have looked like

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I'd actually love an arc where piccollo and vegeta were cuffed together and had to become BFFs to survive.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

reignofevil posted:

I'd actually love an arc where piccollo and vegeta were cuffed together and had to become BFFs to survive.

sounds hot.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Lupus Rufus posted:

sounds hot.

Vegeta could just pull Piccolo's arm off.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

BizarroAzrael posted:

Vegeta could just pull Piccolo's arm off.

another piccolo would grow from the arm, to spite him

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

You dummies you need to strap Vegeta to Piccolo's back by some huge body bomb collar thing, forcing Vegeta to be a fightin blastin backpack for big green

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

reignofevil posted:

Lupus Rufus posted:

sounds hot.

Is this after Piccolo finally got his PH.D in Wasteland Studies?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Kelp Plankton posted:

another piccolo would grow from the arm, to spite him

Yep I'd love this idea.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Speaking of Piccolo, the one thing about last episode that bothered me (besides the entire thing of Tien being a letdown) was that Piccolo looked seriously injured at the end. I thought Namekians healed pretty quickly, at least based on what I played in Xenoverse. And when Piccolo fought 1st form Cell, he lost an arm but grew it back stating he was at full strength. This narrative is... not consistent!

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

seiferguy posted:

Speaking of Piccolo, the one thing about last episode that bothered me (besides the entire thing of Tien being a letdown) was that Piccolo looked seriously injured at the end. I thought Namekians healed pretty quickly, at least based on what I played in Xenoverse. And when Piccolo fought 1st form Cell, he lost an arm but grew it back stating he was at full strength. This narrative is... not consistent!

He's been regenerating a lot. It burns through stamina the same way Multiform does, just you're not making a whole body at once.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

seiferguy posted:

Piccolo regeneration isn't instant and eternal, it wears through his energy. The same even applies to Cell which is why Goku giving Cell a senzu bean even mattered

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Buu's the only one that presumably could keep regenerating forever, and that's because he's a magic thing made of magic stuff

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

seiferguy posted:

he didn't. He told cell he was just holding back the whole time which is not the same thing.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Every time Piccolo regenerates an arm it's portrayed as really exhausting, that's been a thing since the 23rd World Martial Arts Tournament. Plus all the previous times he only ever regenerated one arm, burning through three arms in rapid succession is gonna take its toll.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Burkion posted:

Buu's the only one that presumably could keep regenerating forever, and that's because he's a magic thing made of magic stuff

Against Kid Buu it seemed that he could get exhausted and slow down his regeneration

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Gotta give the other Namekians a chance I guess.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kild posted:

Against Kid Buu it seemed that he could get exhausted and slow down his regeneration

Well at that point Kid Buu took most of the power so that's not super surprising

I was more so referring to Buu as a group, not just Mr. Buu

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Here's a question:

if you cut piccolo in half, symmetrically, which side regenerates?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

TFRazorsaw posted:

Here's a question:

if you cut piccolo in half, symmetrically, which side regenerates?

Neither, you've cut his head in half and therefor killed him.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'm pretty sure his head got smashed when Trunks knocked him over when he turned to stone.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TFRazorsaw posted:

I'm pretty sure his head got smashed when Trunks knocked him over when he turned to stone.

No he didn't. That was when he told them his head is the necessary body part for regeneration.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

huh.

I may have Berenstain Bears-ed myself into believing that they showed his head smashed to pieces.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Man, how awkward would it have been if Trunks really did accidentally murder Piccolo.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

ImpAtom posted:

Man, how awkward would it have been if Trunks really did accidentally murder Piccolo.

He could go train with Pikkon while waiting for them to wish him back, don't see the problem here.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Piccolo wouldn't have been able to train Goten and Trunks so they would have gotten murdered along with everyone else at the lookout

...actually then Gohan would have showed up and killed Buu no problem so maybe that would have turned out better.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Two piccolos

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Didn't he split himself into like 17 piccolos one time or some poo poo like that?

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Has piccolo ever regrown anything other than an arm? I can't recall him regrowing a leg.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Monaghan posted:

Has piccolo ever regrown anything other than an arm? I can't recall him regrowing a leg.

Most of his body after the aforementioned stone thing

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Didn't he split himself into like 17 piccolos one time or some poo poo like that?

that's just multi-form technique

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

Most of his body after the aforementioned stone thing

it's been so long since I watched the buu saga that I completely forgot about that.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

pik_d posted:

No he didn't. That was when he told them his head is the necessary body part for regeneration.

To be fair he's only 90% sure about that

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Blockhouse posted:

that's just multi-form technique

Lol I knew I remembered something

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm almost positive the whole "Namekians can regenerate from their heads" thing is a retcon brought upon by the reason any plot hole in DB happens: Toriyama Forgot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Namekian biology makes no goddamn sense since picollo was nearly killed by a finger sized hole in his body but he can regenerate 90% of his body?