Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

In the next issue of the DBS manga
The GoD's all try to team up on Beerus and whoop him and he dodges them easily and looks to be the strongest of them. It's not clear though if Champa is on Beerus' side from the poo poo scans

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Sep 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
One smart thing Super did was low key confirm who the strongest GoD was, by making Fishman smart enough NOT to fall for the Grand Priest's dumb idea

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Burkion posted:

One smart thing Super did was low key confirm who the strongest GoD was, by making Fishman smart enough NOT to fall for the Grand Priest's dumb idea

The fish god is one of those getting his rear end tanned iirc

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The fish god is one of those getting his rear end tanned iirc

Wait

Why

He'd have no reason to unless this is before it's learned that his universe is exempt

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Burkion posted:

Wait

Why

He'd have no reason to unless this is before it's learned that his universe is exempt

I dunno, there's not much context to go on, only a couple of pages. It makes sense that a cat can beat up a mouse and a fish though.

A clown and a robot maybe less

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Zzulu posted:

Maybe come up with new characters instead of reincarnating the entire dead cast of DBZ

Ideally this would be the case but so far a lot of the new characters kinda suck LOL

Hit = lame
Cabba = lame
Frost = lame
Jiren = poo poo

A few are decent and have potential, or at least fun to watch (Caulifaa, Kale, Toppo, some of the other universe fighters like Ribrririane, Champa, Vados, the high priest, etc). But theyve been bringing back characters like 17, Freeza, and doing interesting things with them, so bringing back other old characters isnt out of the question. I'd rather see Nappa and Raditz and the Ginyu Force than Hit or Cabba, to be honest.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

I'll admit a lot of the super characters wouldn't be super interesting, but I really want them to put in some variation of Zamasu, whether it be immortal Zamasu, Goku Black, fused Zamasu, or hell even spooky cloudgas Zamasu.

Edit: I was not at all paying attention to what thread I was currently in so I assumed the conversation was about Figherz, please forgive my sudden accidental change in topic.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

The monkey's paw curls a digit as

"Android 21 is described as a busty scientist with glasses and long bushy hair"

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/09/16/dragon-ball-fighterz-adds-new-original-female-character-android-21-plus-tien-shinhan-yamcha/

e:
scans have been put up

Speaking of waifus :swoon:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Zinkraptor posted:

I'll admit a lot of the super characters wouldn't be super interesting, but I really want them to put in some variation of Zamasu, whether it be immortal Zamasu, Goku Black, fused Zamasu, or hell even spooky cloudgas Zamasu.

Edit: I was not at all paying attention to what thread I was currently in so I assumed the conversation was about Figherz, please forgive my sudden accidental change in topic.

Incidentally, green normal Zamasu is being added to XV2 as a mentor along with Buuhan and Dabura (unsure if playable or mentors)

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I was tempted get Xeno2 for the Switch next week but it's £55 so gently caress that

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Android 21 looks like the android twins' mom.

Burkion posted:

That just confirms he's the least dumb of the four Destroyers who were around at the point, it says nothing about power levels.

Edit: Also if that Super manga spoiler is true that would be pretty dumb.

a cartoon duck fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Sep 16, 2017

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I thought Cell was called Android 21? Anyway, she looks good.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Blue Star posted:

I thought Cell was called Android 21? Anyway, she looks good.

That was back when all we had were cussy fansubs by people that wanted to sound smart.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I dunno, there's not much context to go on, only a couple of pages. It makes sense that a cat can beat up a mouse and a fish though.

A clown and a robot maybe less

It messes up the idea, kind of.

Jerry always beats Tom/Tweet Sylvester, etc. It's supposed to be the reverse.

just bob
Sep 6, 2017

by Reene
Not one mention of my man Yamcha and his bald buddy Tien being confirmed fighterz.

The new android definitely fits the new dbz style more than the old.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/09/16/dragon-ball-fighterz-adds-new-original-female-character-android-21-plus-tien-shinhan-yamcha/

e:
scans have been put up

...what?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Augus posted:

...what?

FighterZ story mode is an all-new story about the Androids. It has a new character in it, who is of course an android, Android 21, designed by Toriyama.

Also Yamcha and Tenshinhan are in.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Did Dr. Gero design this android after seeing Austin Powers 10 times in a row.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
You guys haven't realized it yet?

That's clearly Doctor Gero's wife and/or Daughter

Come on

I'm mostly being facetious but not entirely. She's got a similar hair color to 16 and she brought him back for SOME reason. If he's her brother or son, that'd explain it.

Also one day some bio-mechanical monstrosity is going to tear itself up from the bowels of the Earth and proclaim itself to be Doctor Gero's answer to Zeno

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

21 is clearly Gero's wife who brought Lapis and Lazuli from a previous marriage with her

That's right- 17 and 18 hate Gero because he's their lovely stepdad

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its going to turn out that Dr. Gero built a transdimensional factory that does nothing but build stronger opponents to kill Goku and Goku will cry for the first time in his life from joy.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Why does an android need glasses?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

dr.acula posted:

fashion statement.

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pollyanna posted:

Speaking of waifus :swoon:

She is mine and I will fight you :argh:

Rudoku posted:

That was back when all we had were cussy fansubs by people that wanted to sound smart.

Vegeta calling 15 a human being was the first time I ever heard the word.

Zzulu posted:

Maybe come up with new characters instead of reincarnating the entire dead cast of DBZ

The ship already sailed thanks to Return of F, which was just...not good, by itself and for the franchise in general.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

dr.acula posted:

how can a robit see without lenses?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Ressurection f was better than everything that came after it.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Kind of a bad moral if Beerus is the strongest in the manga when he's so lazy and doesn't care about improving his universe.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

dr.acula posted:

To look cool as hell.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Android 21 looks cool and I hope the first thing she does is impale Yamcha like Gero did.

Also, Gero continues to be the greatest scientist in the universe. Possible the multiverse.

Caros
May 14, 2008

e:
scans have been put up

I hope vegeta makes fun of trunks for missing a ninth goddamn Android. Then she bodies him and breaks his arm.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

graham cracker posted:

To look cool as hell.

TRUNKS, AWWWW YEAH.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Yeah it is kind of dumb if Beerus is just completely superior to every other GoD, especially every other GoD put together. If that's the case it also kind of makes the thing a couple of chapters ago make sense when you look at the Goku love in the manga; Beerus clowning on Vegeta and by proxy Goku easily doesn't mean as much when he clowns on every other GoD at the same time too.

Gene may not be the strongest but there's a definite OPM thing going on with him in his backstory; he's done such a good job eliminating threats to his Supreme Kai's plans for the universe that no more are rising up, ever, and he's super loving bored; it's hard to say if he didn't fight because he was both sure he was going to win and he knew the Grand Priest's plan, or he's just canny enough to not get suckered into an obvious bait, but regardless that shows he's smart enough to not let his boredom trick him into getting played.

Stallion Cabana fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Sep 16, 2017

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Didn't Beerus outright say in the anime that there are other Gods of Destruction that are stronger than him?

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Rhonne posted:

Didn't Beerus outright say in the anime that there are other Gods of Destruction that are stronger than him?

Whis has said there are some that Beerus has never beaten and one that he's lost to, Beerus argues that it was just an arm wrestling match that he lost, not a real fight.

Then Whis either says 'And in that God's dimension is a mortal even stronger then the God' or 'And there are some mortals that are even stronger then their Gods.'

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

You shouldn't think too hard about the power levels in the manga. Remember that everything that happens in the manga is ultimately to shill Goku, Beerus needs to be the strongest so Goku is still possibly stronger than every God so he's not too low on the power rankings.

He'll still surpass Beerus eventually, of course, because manga Goku.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Blaze Dragon posted:

FighterZ story mode is an all-new story about the Androids. It has a new character in it, who is of course an android, Android 21, designed by Toriyama.

Also Yamcha and Tenshinhan are in.

Oh. That's pretty cool.

Burkion posted:

You guys haven't realized it yet?

That's clearly Doctor Gero's wife and/or Daughter

Come on

I'm mostly being facetious but not entirely. She's got a similar hair color to 16 and she brought him back for SOME reason. If he's her brother or son, that'd explain it.

Nah you're totally right, that's either 16's sister or his mom, the resemblance is too close.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I kind of want it to be his mom just to reinforce the fact that the only woman who looks old is Baba

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Rhonne posted:

Android 21 looks cool and I hope the first thing she does is impale Yamcha like Gero did.

Also, Gero continues to be the greatest scientist in the universe. Possible the multiverse.

A literal kai is directly involved in the technology universes creation of a fighting robot, thing gets jobbed almost instantly.

Random guy in a random universe with a low mortal level that isn't especially advanced: is the most intelligent mortal in the multiverse capable of creating multiple androids that are more powerful than most of the multiverse

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
"And this is what I can do with orphans. Just wait until I make my Zeno Absorbing model!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

seeing as how Universe 7 is the Most Powerful Evil Universe, this makes enough sense to me

come to U7, where even the backwater planet evil scientists are GALACTIC THREATS TO LIFE