Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That's the one so boring that the "cast" were crying, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

goatface posted:

That's the one so boring that the "cast" were crying, right?

Yep. It's unwatchable, even for a crap TV connoisseur such as myself. I cringed through half an episode and couldn't take it any longer.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

The killer in the second Strike mystery was obvious from their first scene when she said "niggardly". There's no way someone's going to say that on TV and not turn out to be a wrong'un.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
Barry from Watford is too good for that show.

Not when he's on radio 2 though when he's watered down to gently caress

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Series 5 of Taskmaster continurs to be a good one, although I thought that the 'splat' challenge was filmed really badly. Apart from the final shot of course

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
It's the best show, I wonder how many series they'll do?

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
There's a Champions edition due at Christmas. I thought series 6 was confirmed already but I think I mixed up the 4&5 combined order. I assume we'll also get the US version.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

I was thinking that they ought to bring winners back for a new series.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Liars was good again, looking forward to the final part. The writers have done a good job in managing to make both parties ambiguous enough for the outcome to be uncertain, which is good.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Angrymog posted:

I was thinking that they ought to bring winners back for a new series.
They ought to do a wooden spoon one, with Roisin Conaty, Joe Wilkinson, Paul Chowdhry, Lolly Adefope plus whoever sucks the most in the current series.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Bake Off was quite good, Fielding definitely found his feet now.

Maelstache
Feb 25, 2013

gOTTA gO fAST

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Randomly caught Noel Edmonds hosting some weird daytime game show where contestants had to identify the cheapest and priciest items from a set of three, based on their supermarket price (I assume?). It also had a load of random actors chipping in with bits and pieces, it's possible Deal or No Deal made Edmonds think he is invincible.

Channel 4 elected not to renew DOND, so this new show was one of Edmonds's pitch for a replacement. Given that it's gone down like a bucket of cold sick it could well be his last shot.

Saying that, the guy has come back from bigger failures in the past. Even a near fatal car crash and an actually fatal failed bungee stunt couldn't quite finish him on TV.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Maelstache posted:

Saying that, the guy has come back from bigger failures in the past. Even a near fatal car crash and an actually fatal failed bungee stunt couldn't quite finish him on TV.
Don't forget when he shot Clive Anderson.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
And shooting that elephant. drat Noel.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Also that false medical claims about random tat scandal.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Bake Off was quite good, Fielding definitely found his feet now.

I couldn't believe how many of the bakers hadn't heard of stroopwaffels.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Pablo Bluth posted:

They ought to do a wooden spoon one, with Roisin Conaty, Joe Wilkinson, Paul Chowdhry, Lolly Adefope plus whoever sucks the most in the current series.

Oh yeah, a Rubbish Contestant series would be fun too.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

The first episode of the PKD anthology was definitely a bit meh. Hopefully later episodes raise the bar a wee bit.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Pablo Bluth posted:

The first episode of the PKD anthology was definitely a bit meh. Hopefully later episodes raise the bar a wee bit.

It was very oddly filmed. Lots of too dark, or overly faded shots. If it wasn't almost black, it was this overcast beige daylight.

Good though.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
The latest episode of Taskmaster (the splat one) is the one I went to the recording for. Consider my eyes opened at how much studio chat they cut out of shows. A whole running gag where Alex kept a swear jar for Greg vanished. The phrase "poo poo, it's thick" popped up loads too. Knowing this I'd definitely attend another one!

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Sudden Javelin posted:

The latest episode of Taskmaster (the splat one) is the one I went to the recording for. Consider my eyes opened at how much studio chat they cut out of shows. A whole running gag where Alex kept a swear jar for Greg vanished. The phrase "poo poo, it's thick" popped up loads too. Knowing this I'd definitely attend another one!

That's no longer the latest episode.

I love every episode of this show. It's great.

I think someone mentioned it above but I'm enjoying ROsmans House of Games.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Sudden Javelin posted:

The phrase "poo poo, it's thick" popped up loads too.

I immediately imagine it's Bob saying this, like a catchphrase. Also like he's explaining that poo poo is something that is thick.

Matinee
Sep 15, 2007

Just a reminder for anyone who hasn't got into it that Bob Mortimer has a very excellent football podcast called Athletico Mince which is about anything but football.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
[quote="“The_Doctor”" post="“476587715”"]
It was very oddly filmed. Lots of too dark, or overly faded shots. If it wasn’t almost black, it was this overcast beige daylight.

Good though.
[/quote]

It didn’t really hold my attention which is disappointing but it wasn’t a bad start.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Matinee posted:

Just a reminder for anyone who hasn't got into it that Bob Mortimer has a very excellent football podcast called Athletico Mince which is about anything but football.

Second, Athletico Mince is great.

As was the series finale of People Just Do Nothing. Not sure if it'll continue from here, but I'll be glad if it does.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Comrade Fakename posted:

The killer in the second Strike mystery was obvious from their first scene when she said "niggardly". There's no way someone's going to say that on TV and not turn out to be a wrong'un.

The origin of that word is not what it sounds like though, unfortunate as it is.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Rocksicles posted:

The origin of that word is not what it sounds like though, unfortunate as it is.

That's exactly why racists think saying it is clever.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Finally caught up with the crystal maze and fuuuuuuuck me i have never enjoyed watching anyone lose more than the furry team. Ayoade loving ripped the team captain to shreds at the end.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Rocksicles posted:

Yeah, I know, but what can you do, it's collateral damage. Suffice to say, you shouldn't say it.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm not rich enough to have ever used it it conversation.

I looked it up a few months ago because it was in something i was reading.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Second, Athletico Mince is great.

As was the series finale of People Just Do Nothing. Not sure if it'll continue from here, but I'll be glad if it does.

He really wants to bang that wedding out as fast as possible.

If it is over, It was a good show. I'll miss it.

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

I regret wasting five hours on "Strike". I've watched more interesting episodes of Midsummer Murders and Hetty Wainthrop Investigates. There's not a chance something that plodding and unoriginal would've been commissioned with a decent budget if it hadn't been written by JK Rowling. It's been a pretty bad couple of years for bigger budget dramas on the Beeb.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Quanta posted:

I regret wasting five hours on "Strike". I've watched more interesting episodes of Midsummer Murders and Hetty Wainthrop Investigates. There's not a chance something that plodding and unoriginal would've been commissioned with a decent budget if it hadn't been written by JK Rowling. It's been a pretty bad couple of years for bigger budget dramas on the Beeb.

That said, line of duty was spectacular.

Matinee
Sep 15, 2007

I thought The Cuckoo's Calling was a pretty decent, albeit not life-changing, little gumshoe story, but The Silkworm was total pap. The book was a fun read to blast through on a very long train journey, but because they only had two hours for that one (for some reason), they cut out pretty much all the characters and grit that made the book interesting. Also the book-within-a-book is this Herionymous Bosch hellscape that would be difficult to film on a blockbuster budget, so the flashes we got looked like something from an art school end-of-year show.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
About the only redeeming feature of "Sing Ultimate A Capella" that has been overly advertised on Sky seems to be that Cat Deeley is presenting

Stabbatical
Sep 15, 2011

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

About the only redeeming feature of "Sing Ultimate A Capella" that has been overly advertised on Sky seems to be that Cat Deeley is presenting

Cat Deeley's still working?

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Stabbatical posted:

Cat Deeley's still working?

Certainly still working for me

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Cat Deeley's a good Brummie lass and I'd happily give her an extra hash brown at Sunday breakfast

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Rarity posted:

Cat Deeley's a good Brummie lass and I'd happily give her an extra hash brown at Sunday breakfast

I was just about to say "Sutton Coldfield ain't Brum", but she was born in West Brom and lived for a bit in Great Barr so it sort of counts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
PKD thing: not bad, not great. Suffered from an adjusted ending that didn't feel quite him.