Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Manatee Cannon posted:

idk what you're talking about here because this part is consistent. other universes act like goku is at fault because one of the werewolf guys set him up as the bad guy during the exhibition match. goku's role in this is never contradicted at any point

yeah. goku saved a universe, but the other people believe the lies about him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
To me nothing can top Goku hearing Bulma, his oldest friend, had been killed by Black...and then fighting him in his second-weakest form. That's just lovely writing.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Justin_Brett posted:

To me nothing can top Goku hearing Bulma, his oldest friend, had been killed by Black...and then fighting him in his second-weakest form. That's just lovely writing.

Bulma isn’t a fighter she’s useless to him

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

tbp posted:

yeah. goku saved a universe, but the other people believe the lies about him.

I think the randomness factor as to which universe gets saved doesn't help Goku's case. Sure, he saved a universe, but try telling that to Gowasu.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's not random. is a martial arts tournament the best way to determine the fates of trillions or more people? probably not, but the outcome of fights is never random in dragon ball

gowasu can't fault goku because it's not his fault. the only reason he had any chance of surviving at all is because of goku! maybe you think that's bad writing, or the way the show has handled this could be better, but this is not a point that should be in contention because they've spelled this poo poo out several times

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Rip godtube

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
GodTube still exists, the servers are located in one of the stronger universes thankfully.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Positive:
Goku convinced Zeno to give people a chance to fight via tournament.

Negative:
Goku pushed for the tournament to happen *right now* and not whenever Zeno decided to do it.

Goku both helped people and also made the situation happen now instead of later or possibly letting Zeno get bored and forget or whatever it is tiny god children do. This isn't a case of being at blame or blameless. Most of it is accidental.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
To be fair, in their boredom Zenos were bopping planets into each other and blowing them up just for fun

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Zeno needs a Switch. Breath of the Wild would keep him occupied for ages.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

tbp posted:

its consistent

Except for the part where they use time rings, which don't create alternate timelines like regular time travel does, which shows that U10 is still around thousands of years later

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

everyone is gonna get unerased by the end. this is dragon ball, let's not kid ourselves and pretend like that's not gonna happen

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Manatee Cannon posted:

it's not random. is a martial arts tournament the best way to determine the fates of trillions or more people? probably not, but the outcome of fights is never random in dragon ball

gowasu can't fault goku because it's not his fault. the only reason he had any chance of surviving at all is because of goku! maybe you think that's bad writing, or the way the show has handled this could be better, but this is not a point that should be in contention because they've spelled this poo poo out several times

It's sufficiently non-deterministic so as to be called random. loving pedants.

I'm not saying it's Goku's fault, either. It's just bad optics is all.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

everyone is gonna get unerased by the end. this is dragon ball, let's not kid ourselves and pretend like that's not gonna happen

If that's the case then why wouldn't all of the universes be back up on the chopping block?

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I really don't give a poo poo about the morality of goku's actions and I'm pretty much looking forward to goku going "oh gently caress" when Jiren bounces the Spirit Bomb.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Monaghan posted:

I really don't give a poo poo about the morality of goku's actions
goku's account found

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french

Saagonsa posted:

If that's the case then why wouldn't all of the universes be back up on the chopping block?

Not if they merge all the low level universes. Also, some of the non-participating universes commented that some of the fighters would give their universe trouble.

Sorry if this was mentioned, but has anyone been following the Super manga? The all-god exhibition match they did is way better than the one the anime got.

Shards of Fate
Apr 19, 2002

They look like monsters to you?
Reasons why the universes will be unerased. Toys.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Saagonsa posted:

Except for the part where they use time rings, which don't create alternate timelines like regular time travel does, which shows that U10 is still around thousands of years later

this is still consistent if either u10 wins the tournament or goku wins and wishes all the universes back.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Shards of Fate posted:

Reasons why the universes will be unerased. Toys.

Trunks promises Zenos can have one of his toys if they spare U7

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

dipwood posted:

Sorry if this was mentioned, but has anyone been following the Super manga? The all-god exhibition match they did is way better than the one the anime got.

It was mentioned and not in a good light, because it really was not better. It was, in fact, terrible, as the manga tends to be.

That said, I did enjoy getting a bit more out of the GoDs, like Rumsshi being super mad at Gowasu for the Zamasu incident or Belmod's harem, it helped give them a bit more personality than the anime gave them. I'm a bit annoyed at characterization differences (Roh wanting to find a way to save a planet when the anime shows him as a gigantic piece of poo poo, Belmod apparently being entirely fine with manipulating people who will get destroyed soon despite his love of JUSTICE) but overall I do like the extra spotlight there. For once, it's on someone not named Goku!

But then Beerus beats everyone teaming up on him with no effort to show how powerful Beerus is so Goku can look strong despite being weaker. And then we remember we're reading the Super manga.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

But then Beerus beats everyone teaming up on him with no effort to show how powerful Beerus is so Goku can look strong despite being weaker. And then we remember we're reading the Super manga.

I'm not sure why this keeps getting said, it's not what happened. Everyone went for him at once, he dodged their opening attacks with a skill Whis taught him, he proved to not be perfect at it when he got grabbed, and then he managed to force the robot dude's hands apart and get out of the way of a follow up attack. Yeah, he tossed Champa into the air and distracted everyone, but his energy ball was completely no-sold. He didn't curb stomp anyone, he dodged a few attacks and used a distraction that led to an attack that completely whiffed.

The only person there who we saw him overpowering was robot dude, and even that was just escaping from a grab. Yeah, he managed to trick a bunch of them for like a second, but that led to nothing. He certainly didn't do that stuff effortlessly, either. He doesn't even get the first proper elimination, Belmod got that.

Dislike the manga all you want, but at least argue from a position with facts, not with exaggerations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Nah that is what happened they attacked him and he rather effortlessly beat them.

He didn't eliminate them but it doesn't matter.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Kurui Reiten posted:

I'm not sure why this keeps getting said, it's not what happened. Everyone went for him at once, he dodged their opening attacks with a skill Whis taught him, he proved to not be perfect at it when he got grabbed, and then he managed to force the robot dude's hands apart and get out of the way of a follow up attack. Yeah, he tossed Champa into the air and distracted everyone, but his energy ball was completely no-sold. He didn't curb stomp anyone, he dodged a few attacks and used a distraction that led to an attack that completely whiffed.

The only person there who we saw him overpowering was robot dude, and even that was just escaping from a grab. Yeah, he managed to trick a bunch of them for like a second, but that led to nothing. He certainly didn't do that stuff effortlessly, either. He doesn't even get the first proper elimination, Belmod got that.

Dislike the manga all you want, but at least argue from a position with facts, not with exaggerations.

I never said he overpowered them. I said he beat them, which is exactly what happened: everyone teamed up on him and accomplished absolutely nothing, while he got out of it nearly unharmed and managed to hurt Mosco and Champa. The fight was completely one-sided and for the person that had the least reason to be winning.

Belmod kicking down Sidra is the first big hit in the fight but that doesn't change that, until that point, the focus was on Beerus just being better than everyone else combined.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Also his energy ball was not no sold, one of the gods got a barrier up and the others mentioned how if he hadn't they would have been crushed.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I hope Piccolo grows really big again.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

tbp posted:

this is still consistent if either u10 wins the tournament or goku wins and wishes all the universes back.

U10 already lost

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I hope Piccolo grows really big again.

vegeta doesn't

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Saagonsa posted:

U10 already lost

ok just assume the latter part then bc that'll happen. thus goku is a hero

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I hope Piccolo steps on some people.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I believe in Universe 10. They may be gone now but I have faith that my friend Gowasu will once more upload a video to GodTube.

My faith is unshakeable. You cannot shake me.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

would wishing on the super dragon balls actually bring the universes back or just create identical copies of them

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I hope picollo does literally anything besides protect gohan and get his arms torn off

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
This (older) episode with Goten and Goku hanging out is awesome. Goten is so proper. I love it!

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Stairmaster posted:

would wishing on the super dragon balls actually bring the universes back or just create identical copies of them
Depends whether or not they used the transporter. However, either one would explain observed events! Considering that they seem to be able to do literally anything, I imagine it would be the former, though.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
https://twitter.com/DetectiveX/stat...516503894941701

I hope something like this is actually true.

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

So he wasn't DB's Superman after all, he was DB's All Might.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Just watched the episodes leading up to the announcement where Zeno announces the erasing of universes. Goku definitely just wants a fight, Zeno ups the ante. Goku even mentions trying to convince him otherwise.

Yeah, Goku may have set the stage but it's presented as an opportunity for weaker universes to survive. Zeno continues to make it worse, but Goku doesn't really have an out aside from fighting.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

The Awesomesaurus posted:

So he wasn't DB's Superman after all, he was DB's All Might.

Kinda felt like that already when his punch slammed the slime guy away with air pressure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
Is the dub worth watching if I'm already caught up with the sub? I'm bored and wondering if the old english voice cast brings anything new to the table