Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

o no come back spike

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

aim better next time imo

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

You know I guess that's the best way to solve the problem that a future-seeing character on the heroes' side is.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Holy gently caress

Nighteye better not be dead

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

No....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Terper posted:

No....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

What a terrible future. I don't blame him for letting himself be killed.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Holy gently caress

Nighteye better not be dead

it would be intensely silly if this was not the case

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

it would be intensely silly if this was not the case

how often does getting gored like that actually kill a good guy in shonen. look at bleach, that bullshit gave ichigo a power up even

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I'm confused. he was looking into Overhaul's future and saw nothing?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Manatee Cannon posted:

how often does getting gored like that actually kill a good guy in shonen. look at bleach, that bullshit gave ichigo a power up even

There's a difference between that happening to a magic ghost man and a relatively normal person getting his entire torso gored out by a rock pillar deep underground with no medical help in sight

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

For a second there I thought that was a panel of Overhaul splattering Nighteye.

Man poo poo got even realer.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I'm not sure if we were seeing a dreadful future or the end of the road for overhaul. Obviously Deku wouldn't kill him but perhaps he'll lose control of his quirk mid transformation or something. Though maybe that's not what Nighteye was actually seeing and he's actually seeing my son Deku wrecking Overhaul's poo poo.

I like the idea that Overhaul's main benefit was getting more limbs he could use his quirk with, neat upgrade.

e: also boy howdy are those scans rough

raocow
Apr 23, 2007

Keen Dreams

Please give me a chance to be a better person. -Willhart

EmmyOk posted:

e: also boy howdy are those scans rough

I already miss fallen angel :(

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Deku's shoes are the real MVP

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
And by that you mean Hatsume Mei is MVP.

Bring her back on screen god damnit

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
I'm usually not a huge fan of NECESSARY POWER INCREASES but I like it here. I also really like the external narration that has been used a couple of times in the last handful of chapters.

Overhaul not just becoming a monster, but rather healing himself and increasing his points of contact with the environment is cool. Though a combination of the scans and the busy panels made the action a bit hard to follow again.

I sure hope our boy Deku wrecks face here without making his limbs pudding. I'm thinking he will finally be the one to overcome one of Nighteye's predictions here. At least once it becomes clear just what he's predicting.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

There's a difference between that happening to a magic ghost man and a relatively normal person getting his entire torso gored out by a rock pillar deep underground with no medical help in sight

not really, all might survived way worse and doing so is par for the course in just about anything shonen. mha is more into keeping injuries than most but that doesn't mean this is gonna kill anyone

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Manatee Cannon posted:

not really, all might survived way worse and doing so is par for the course in just about anything shonen. mha is more into keeping injuries than most but that doesn't mean this is gonna kill anyone
Like half his loving abdomen is gone.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Fabricated posted:

Like half his loving abdomen is gone.

all might is missing like half his organs. mirio should bleed out before they even get above ground

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Mirio is in bad shape with that hole in his belly but he can survive with medical attention if he can last. But Nighteye is probably done. His torso has been impaled by a massive rock spike and he lost his left arm.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Deku just can't keep a mentor. All Might lost his powers, Gran Torino got fired, and now Nighteye went and got himself impaled.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

I'm not a huge fan of explicit power levels, but MHA fills a niche for it. The story's done a good job with addressing Deku will die if he goes full ultra so seeing him 20% is actually pretty hype.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

funko pops are so universally lovely. is the fad dead yet?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Sub Harrison posted:

I'm not a huge fan of explicit power levels, but MHA fills a niche for it. The story's done a good job with addressing Deku will die if he goes full ultra so seeing him 20% is actually pretty hype.

o4a is basically the kaioken at this point

100% is goku getting bonitis, 20% is him fighting vegeta

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Law Cheetah posted:

funko pops are so universally lovely. is the fad dead yet?

They're cheap and easy to find on sale, so no.
I actually saw a cousin being gifted one and liking it, presumably 'cause they'd never even seen a nendo in their life.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
its probably not going to happen but mirio having body armour that means the bullet didn't take his powers would be a really funny ending. bullet proof costumes seem like they should be a thing

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

You'd think he would notice in the 5 minutes he fought Overhaul after the bullet hit him.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Terper posted:

You'd think he would notice in the 5 minutes he fought Overhaul after the bullet hit him.
It's psychosomatic.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
I honestly can't imagine this ending that badly because Nighteye dying like this here seems a bit much, especially since hes a new character we aren't really familiar with and there's already a huge loss with Mirio and his quirk.

If anything it looks like they're setting up Deku debating whether he should pass All For One to a powerless Mirio only for Night Eye to disagree since he was able to break his prediction.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
And that will be the last thing he says before he dies from having all of his insides turned to outsides

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Terper posted:

As they're escaping, Mirio suddenly falls through everyone's arms and the floor.

Turns out he didn't get the full dose! v:v:v

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I read it as Nighteye looking into Chiaki's future and not seeing his defeat or anything because Nighteyes loving dead and he can't actually see it happening. Like he can't tell how it turns out because he'll be gone by then.

Unless that's not how it works.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I read it as Nighteye looking into Chiaki's future and not seeing his defeat or anything because Nighteyes loving dead and he can't actually see it happening. Like he can't tell how it turns out because he'll be gone by then.

Unless that's not how it works.

That's about what I got too.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Except he's seen the death of All Might.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Terper posted:

Deku is trying to change fate right now, what if he did it in the past?

in a way that gets nighteye killed

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Thinking about it Mirio is actually really really lucky his power has an auto rebound because the alternative is terrifying

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Terper posted:

~~All Might died after the AFO fight, Toshinori Yagi remains~~

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Josuke Higashikata posted:

~~All Might died after the AFO fight, Toshinori Yagi remains~~

Though everyone still calls him All Might.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Though everyone still calls him All Might.

And that's All Right.