Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Uub and Pan would have contributed more than Krillin and Tien.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Mr. Satan would have contributed more than Tien.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Rhonne posted:

He's already contributed negatively by letting Buu fall asleep.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

tbf if your touchstone for the namek saga is the original anime, it must be hard to keep what happened straight when 90% of it is filler

I just believe that filler is the most true parts of the story so it's actually very easy for me.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Augus posted:

remind me how old Goku was when he murdered his grandpa?

Wasn't he like 10?

Zoro
Aug 30, 2017

by Smythe
So, like, over-under on this storyark ending with Goku and Jiren wearing each other out, Freeza knocking them both out, being the last person standing, and then wishing to be the next King of Everything and lording over the universes. Earth is deleted and Goku and friends barely manage to survive with Whis help and must now find a way to defeat an all-powerful Freeza.

gently caress, they aren't going to do that, but it'd be loving awesome.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

seiferguy posted:

He's already contributed negatively by letting Buu fall asleep.

I still think this is the dumbest plot point they keep falling on, like they literally had a scene in buu saga where it showed he sleeps for a few seconds at a time.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Zoro posted:

So, like, over-under on this storyark ending with Goku and Jiren wearing each other out, Freeza knocking them both out, being the last person standing, and then wishing to be the next King of Everything and lording over the universes. Earth is deleted and Goku and friends barely manage to survive with Whis help and must now find a way to defeat an all-powerful Freeza.

gently caress, they aren't going to do that, but it'd be loving awesome.

Frieza wishes to be the king of all, Grand Priest snaps his fingers, rewinds time back 30 seconds, annihilates Frieza, and gives the wish to uh..... that Warthog from U6, why not

Zoro
Aug 30, 2017

by Smythe

CharlestonJew posted:

Frieza wishes to be the king of all, Grand Priest snaps his fingers, rewinds time back 30 seconds, annihilates Frieza, and gives the wish to uh..... that Warthog from U6, why not

To be honest, that would actually be peak Dragonball in a fun way. After all, Dragonball loves playing with the notion of "there is always someone stronger."

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

socialsecurity posted:

I still think this is the dumbest plot point they keep falling on, like they literally had a scene in buu saga where it showed he sleeps for a few seconds at a time.

He wasn't excersizing to the point where he was ripped and then going into insulin shock immediately afterwards during the Buu saga though.
At least that's how my brain rationalizes it.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
The show itself says that usually he only sleeps for a few seconds when Satan is talking about the hibernating.

It's pretty clear that Buu has two sleep 'modes'; either he sleeps for a minute or so or he hibernates for weeks at a time. Presumably the instant sleeping isn't as restful.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Fartbox posted:

People saying Cell is boring is weird to me. Frieza was boring. He sat in a chair and was Pure Evil. He's more fun in Super now that he's got restraints on him but in DBZ he was boring as gently caress

Buu was more fun than Frieza

This is such an embaressingly bad opinion that I feel sorry for you. And if you're trolling, it's even more embarrassing. Good lord...

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zoro posted:

Five

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Rhonne posted:

Mr. Satan would've made best buddies with Zeno and convinced him not to erase the multiverse because it was getting too boring for him.

Zoro
Aug 30, 2017

by Smythe

Funky Valentine posted:

Mr. Satan would've made best buddies with Zeno and convinced him not to erase the multiverse because it was getting too boring for him.

Hercule is what happens when you put all your points into Charisma and Luck and forsake everything else.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Zoro posted:

Hercule is what happens when you put all your points into Charisma and Luck and forsake everything else.

I mean, he has at least like 18 Strength, he's really strong. It's just that everyone else broke the cap and has like 300.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

hercule is operating off of early dragon ball logic that the main cast left behind decades ago

if the punch machine works the same as a scouter, he'd probably have been able to beat piccolo and goku at the end of db

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Maybe out of pure punching strength sure, but without technique or ki-control I really doubt it.

Mr.Satan vs King Chappa is a fight I would watch

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Mr. Satan is what happens when you reach level cap using nothing but your class's base skills, and never took any talents or specialized abilities.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

it's too bad hercule never got like a real combat situation on his level to show us hes actually a strong and talented fighter like hes supposed to be

let him fight some big dude in an alleyway to defend baby pan or whatever

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Videl did some crime fighting stuff during the Saiyaman Saga. As I recall, the actual police responded as if being Hercule's daughter made her a one-woman SWAT team.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

He also demolishes those two gunmen outside buus house despite being in basically an open field

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Hercule is All Might

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

He also demolishes those two gunmen outside buus house despite being in basically an open field

He also competently clowned of Spopovich back before he got his Majin steroids.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
In fusion reborn he defeats the Zombie Apocalypse.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Manatee Cannon posted:

if the punch machine works the same as a scouter, he'd probably have been able to beat piccolo and goku at the end of db

I kinda hate that idea. Thats part of why power levels suck. Like Appule is apparently stronger than Master Roshi, Tao Pai Pai, King Piccolo, and even Raditz (I think, I'm not sure, but he's probably pretty close to Raditz) etc. and thats so loving dumb. Yeah I know its a shonen manga/anime but come on, the power creep doesnt need to be that ridiculous.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

why is it dumb? dragon ball was more about technique than overpowering people with lasers and having glowing auras and poo poo. hercule would have fit pretty well there, especially early on when there were barely any ki attacks anyway

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's actually good that if you're turning your story galactic, you have it so that things beyond your original scope are beyond previous imagination. There's like 0 chance it's not true of real life too, after all.

Super's forgotten that by having U7 take essentially every single elimination in the tournament of powerful monster of the week.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I don't actually mind U7 doing so well as the read that they were forced to become powerful to defend themselves in place of their absentee gods holds up pretty well (and in Fireza's case being one of the terrors the gods should have destroyed).

Some of the smaller things bug me though, like Goku apparently 'struggling' against Ribrianne in, uh, base form. They really could have portrayed the serious contenders from other universes who aren't Jiren a little better.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Yeah, all the "Can Goku win against this amazing foe???" at the end of each episode is getting so old, especially when he doesn't even use SSJ. This arc is a string of amazing individual episodes held together by a string of poo poo and I really hope Jiren brings back some of that tension.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Manatee Cannon posted:

if the punch machine works the same as a scouter

Why would it?

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

sassassin posted:

Why would it?

It literally doesn't, they go out of their way to hold back on it until Vegeta just swings and vaporizes it. The only similarity is that you can "hide" your strength level by pulling your punch.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Kurui Reiten posted:

It literally doesn't, they go out of their way to hold back on it until Vegeta just swings and vaporizes it. The only similarity is that you can "hide" your strength level by pulling your punch.

They mean if they grade on the same scale, because power levels are a universal constant obviously.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

pik_d posted:

They mean if they grade on the same scale, because power levels are a universal constant obviously.

Maybe among inbred space monkeys and narcissistic space lizards, but CIVILIZED folk use Kili

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Kurui Reiten posted:

I mean, the Z fighters learned to hide their power so that it became undectable by scouter.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Here's the thing with Hercule

Dude is a really strong normal human, but he's never been as strong as Goku was as a child. Even if you wanted to make the argument that he might be before he met Roshi, after being trained by Roshi Goku and Krillin are literally super human.

They didn't KNOW what Ki was, but they were using it all the same. Hercule is best compared to people like King Choppa and that famous actor Goku fights. Nothing against them, they ARE legit talented, Goku and friends are just on a whole other level.

Hercule could have gotten the right training at an early age to become superhuman, like Krillin, but he never did and really never wanted to.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

seiferguy posted:

I mean, the Z fighters learned to hide their power so that it became undectable by scouter.

The "Z fighters" never knew how not to hide their power.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Burkion posted:

Here's the thing with Hercule

Dude is a really strong normal human, but he's never been as strong as Goku was as a child. Even if you wanted to make the argument that he might be before he met Roshi, after being trained by Roshi Goku and Krillin are literally super human.

They didn't KNOW what Ki was, but they were using it all the same. Hercule is best compared to people like King Choppa and that famous actor Goku fights. Nothing against them, they ARE legit talented, Goku and friends are just on a whole other level.

Hercule could have gotten the right training at an early age to become superhuman, like Krillin, but he never did and really never wanted to.

Wonder how him Vs Chi-Chi would go, actually it annoys me everytime you see Goten carry her around like if they could teach Videl how to fly in like an afternoon you'd think someone would teach Chi-Chi.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

socialsecurity posted:

Wonder how him Vs Chi-Chi would go, actually it annoys me everytime you see Goten carry her around like if they could teach Videl how to fly in like an afternoon you'd think someone would teach Chi-Chi.

Chi Chi is definitely some level of super human as well.

Mostly because of who trained her, the Ox King. The Ox King wasn't a GOOD student of Master Roshi, but he was a student so he passed some of that on to Chi Chi.

So Chi Chi could likely beat Hercule and basically anyone else. Videl's only advantage over her would be flight, since Chi Chi never bothered to learn how to fly, but Chi Chi was a good enough teacher to push Goten into accidentally going SSJ, and was good enough to keep up with a Saiyan Child to begin with.

That's one thing that people keep forgetting about ChiChi. She DID train Goten. Mind you, Goten doesn't matter and will never matter, but it's something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Chi Chi doesn't need to learn to fly, any day now Goku will become a good husband and ferry her everywhere on their nimbus cloud like he used to when they were children.