Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm dumb, it already happened. I'm not sure what they're showing off there, I guess it's got a new backpack? VOTOMS fans, what does the new backpack mean?

To make up for that, here's some actual news

Domko

Full Armor Fumina

and what if the woman from Yamato was the Yamato

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.

Neurolimal posted:

Unless i'm mistaken, aren't they just slightly opaque clear plastic funneling the light from the LED at one end through its form? Doesn't seem like the most expensive thing but maybe it's more complicated than I'm thinking. It's just what I'm figuring from the inner frame pics where the light ribbons are bright as one end.

In any case, that thing is gorgeous and despite not being really into 00 stuff in general it's the first PG I legit want.

Apparently it's silicone. Seems like this is what it comes with in the box:
Contents:

Runners: 40
Marking seal
Metallic seal
foil seal
dry decal
Silicon sheet
LED Unit
Instruction manual x 2

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Ah, guess that would explain why they're special, also explains the question that was going through my head of "how the hell do these things move without limiting the arms"

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

Apparently we're getting a "Gundam Hobby Marker Air Brush System" for 4000 JPY, it includes: The kit will contain: an airbrush, compressor, hose, joints, and marker replacements.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is that for like airbrushing indoors or something?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

Is that for like airbrushing indoors or something?

It's for using their paint markers in an airbrush. If you hate mixing colors or otherwise want to use them but aren't happy with how they go on as markers it's a way to get a better finish. I'd just use paint, myself.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
Gundam Vs game is out in the states for blowing up gundams.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

asterioth posted:

Apparently we're getting a "Gundam Hobby Marker Air Brush System" for 4000 JPY, it includes: The kit will contain: an airbrush, compressor, hose, joints, and marker replacements.

That looks awful. $40 dollars for that? for $20 more, you could have a Iwata NEO and a used shop compressor and be able to actually do real airbrush work instead of glorified spraypainting.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
My guess is that it banks on form factor, since japanese enthusiasts might not always have space for various paints and thinners, but only needs a drawer for markers and marker-sized airbrush.

But yeah, anyone internationally who's heavy into painting model kits will find way better value in normal airbrush kits (especially considering the price of gundam markers and how quickly you'd run out in that system)

E: it's also a bit disconcerting how even in their touched up promotional shot the shield appears to have a light orange rind effect.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Sep 30, 2017

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Neurolimal posted:

My guess is that it banks on form factor, since japanese enthusiasts might not always have space for various paints and thinners, but only needs a drawer for markers and marker-sized airbrush.

In my experience in living in tiny Japanese apartments, they're not really big enough for full size setups and you'd probably get a noise complaint.

That said it's probably aimed at a younger audience who can't quite get mom and dad to drop the dolla on pro spray equipment.

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

I doubt its gonna come with an actual compressor. GSI Creos already makes external mix siphon feed starter airbrush sets that are very similar to the Gundam Marker one, and those are powered by compressed air cans.

I have one of the higher end GSI Creos airbrushes and it came with an air can adapter for some reason.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

Decided to not line the gold parts of the Hyaku Shiki as the gold catches the light and makes the details standout on its own. Besides some scratches that were on the gold out of the wrappers I really like the kit, iot's probably one of the best kit's I've built so far in terms of the actual build. Managed to knock one of the finger segments off and it bounced on the ground where it seems to have gone to the void. Took one of the spare fingers from the Gouf, as it turns out its the same finger segment. Managed to get the paint mixed to drat near the same shade of grey.

Still need to work on using the lightbox and figuring out a good setup for the lights, also my camera work isnt that good either.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

asterioth posted:

Decided to not line the gold parts of the Hyaku Shiki as the gold catches the light and makes the details standout on its own. Besides some scratches that were on the gold out of the wrappers I really like the kit, iot's probably one of the best kit's I've built so far in terms of the actual build. Managed to knock one of the finger segments off and it bounced on the ground where it seems to have gone to the void. Took one of the spare fingers from the Gouf, as it turns out its the same finger segment. Managed to get the paint mixed to drat near the same shade of grey.

Still need to work on using the lightbox and figuring out a good setup for the lights, also my camera work isnt that good either.

This looks real, real good. Is that a matte topcoat?

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

Marx Headroom posted:

This looks real, real good. Is that a matte topcoat?

Thank you and nah, just the gold coat that it comes with.

asterioth fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Oct 2, 2017

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I'm looking to get waterslides to replace the marking stickers that came with my Buster Gundam. Are rando Chinese ones on ebay fine enough to use? Or do I need to be searching more/get Samuel to make a custom set?

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

mikeycp posted:

I'm looking to get waterslides to replace the marking stickers that came with my Buster Gundam. Are rando Chinese ones on ebay fine enough to use? Or do I need to be searching more/get Samuel to make a custom set?

If you're interested in it the MG Providence Special Edition comes with a big sheet of Seed waterslides, the buster being one. Might be able to buy it seperatly on ebay.

asterioth fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Oct 2, 2017

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
That's absolutely baffling.

e: Unfortunately I can't find it separate, and I don't like the Providence, so I might just have to go with the rando ebay ones.

mikeycp fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Oct 2, 2017

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

mikeycp posted:

That's absolutely baffling.

e: Unfortunately I can't find it separate, and I don't like the Providence, so I might just have to go with the rando ebay ones.

Found a set on ebay, sent you a pm with the link

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

It took me three days to do the body. I can't tell if it was just that much of a hassle to disassemble, apply, coat, and reassemble with the LEDs or if I suck.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Yawgmoft posted:

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/dKoew"><a href="//imgur.com/dKoew"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It took me three days to do the body. I can't tell if it was just that much of a hassle to disassemble, apply, coat, and reassemble with the LEDs or if I suck.

Wrong link type. You want the BBC ones with tags that look like [img=]. There ya go.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Nice try! First time linking to imgur on my phone and I copied the wrong thing.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
if we're posting in progress shots

i hit hour 60 on this build yesterday. waterslides take forever but they look real good

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Gorgeous. My dog ate mine halfway through building the skirt and I have never recovered.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Lotta gorgeous robo on this page, nice work all round.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Currently working on an MG Qan[T]. First time I've tried painting a pilot figure.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
SuperNova Sandrock Gundam is finished: https://imgur.com/a/bSdAf

Can't wait for Heavyarms. :)

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
https://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2017/10/gundam-g-self-tops-poll-for-next-mg-ver.html

:toot: but sorry G Gundam fans.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I'm not disappointed because engineering-wise the G-self has probably the shittiest non-saviour hero suit HG. And it's not the AGE.

And fingers crossed that God Gundam coming third shows Bandai that G Gundam isn't as hated as they think :toot:

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
I'm kinda looking forward to if they do an LED kit to go with it.

After the new PG pics, with the amount of transparent parts on the G-self, it could light up like a Christmas tree.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
With how close it was, I hope the Barbartos comes out too at some point.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Glad to see the Turn A near the bottom because any changes would just ruin its elegance.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
It also has one of the best MG's IMO, so its not exactly dying for a new kit.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Glad to see it beat Barbatos. I've always liked the look of the G-Self.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
The big question is which pack we'll get. Atmosphere or Space?

I guess a P-Bandai Perfect Pack is theoretically possible at some point in the distant future.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Phew, here I was worried we might get a good suit and I'd have to add to my catastrophic backlog.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Darth Walrus posted:

The big question is which pack we'll get. Atmosphere or Space?

I guess a P-Bandai Perfect Pack is theoretically possible at some point in the distant future.

P-Bandai Reflector Pack

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Guy Goodbody posted:

P-Bandai Reflector Pack

It'd be tradition, at this point. http://www.tamashii.jp/item/11049/

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Zebulon posted:

It'd be tradition, at this point. http://www.tamashii.jp/item/11049/

They also did it in HG.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Neurolimal posted:

I'm not disappointed because engineering-wise the G-self has probably the shittiest non-saviour hero suit HG. And it's not the AGE.

You say this even after the Tristan released?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have the G-Self with the giant backpack, my wife and I built it and it was a lot of fun