Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Godzilla vs Barkley

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Now we need Barkley vs Bambi to complete the circle.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Bambi got busy

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Burkion posted:

Well like I said, this wasn't a real Godzilla movie. It was a cameo in a dream sequence in a movie that had nothing to do with Godzilla otherwise.

There are more things like this than you'd think! And then there are the commercials, and then there are the fan movies.

Christ is Godzilla VS The Kaiju Killer even still online anymore. Questions for later

And all of this doesn't even count all the "almost made" Godzilla movies that are left to the imagination.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Godzilla vs Ghost Godzilla...

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

well why not posted:

I want to see the Giant Ape Joe Chill use a coconut gun to ice Mr. Kong and Mrs. Kong.

Mighty Joe Chill, surely.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

You ever do the monkey with the devil in the pale moonlight?

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars
As much flak as Godzilla 1998 gets it's pretty ironic it still spawned a TV series that was better and more faithful to Godzilla.
Hell it even had a Mecha Kong and Destroy All Monsters episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Boi8EH2iArs

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
MONARCH for all they're built up as don't seem to be able to do anything right.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
I sort of hate the idea of MONARCH in general and like the idea of the government being just as freaked out and confused as anyone else when the monsters show up. Part of what made Shin so good.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I mean, they're a government organization trying to take on Godzilla

That has never worked without some serious loving up. The best case scenario was the Kiryu team, and that still resulted in a cyborg abomination murdering most of a city

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

They haven't added anything narratively so far. Maybe someday they'll be building mechs and super weapons for Godzilla to trash, like G Force.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Monarch so far really just exists to be a narrative throughline connecting the MonsterVerse.

E: But yeah, I kinda want them to build MechaGodzilla as an anti-G weapon.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Its unnecessary though. The throughline is giant monsters existing. Not every shared universe needs a SHIELD analogue.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Waffleman_ posted:

Monarch so far really just exists to be a narrative throughline connecting the MonsterVerse.

E: But yeah, I kinda want them to build MechaGodzilla as an anti-G weapon.

I hope that's the surprise for KK vs G. Anti Kaiju mech joins the fray!!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Mantis42 posted:

Its unnecessary though. The throughline is giant monsters existing. Not every shared universe needs a SHIELD analogue.

You say that, but SHIELD actually fought Godzilla for a while.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Inescapable Duck posted:

You say that, but SHIELD actually fought Godzilla for a while.

They even had a fist fight with him.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

this is fine.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I doubt anyone will remember by the time it shows up in a movie, including me, but my bet is the Legendary version of Hedorah will be a gastropod or something similar that adapted to thrive in volcanic ash during some particularly geologically catastrophic era of the Earth, and thus is most at home today in horribly polluted environments.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Inescapable Duck posted:

I doubt anyone will remember by the time it shows up in a movie, including me, but my bet is the Legendary version of Hedorah will be a gastropod or something similar that adapted to thrive in volcanic ash during some particularly geologically catastrophic era of the Earth, and thus is most at home today in horribly polluted environments.

Maybe even some hosed up weird Middle Cambrian thing from the Burgess Shale.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/slashfilm/status/921458661846855680

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Can we not

Can we not and say we didn't

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Pacific Rim rules, eat my entire rear end.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I mean if the movie is Godzilla clowning on jaegers for an hour I’ll watch it but this has terrible idea written all over it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Though yes, I will admit the Jaegers can't match up to the King of the Monsters.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Pacific Rim 1 is great.

Pacific Rim 2 looks like soulless garbage that's ruining what could have been a great step forward and instead just making things more generic and palatable. Like, it's not going to be the worst movie ever made but it's going to miss what made the first movie fun and double down on the worst mistakes of the first movie all over again.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I was very excited for Pacific Rim 2 right up until the first real trailer dropped, at which point it drained out of me as if an executive had found out how to suck the life from people remotely. I'll just watch the first one again.

Godzilla would win.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I mean, it's not even a contest.

The heaviest Jaeger is like, 6,000 tons.

Legendary Godzilla is 90,000 tons. This is even supported by the movies! Jaegers get over powered by hurricanes and can come ashore like it's nothing.

Godzilla makes hurricanes coming ashore.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Waffleman_ posted:

Pacific Rim rules, eat my entire rear end.

New one looks like total rear end.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

I'd only watch a Pacific Rim-Godzilla crossover if there was a scene where, I dunno, some generic evil human faction sends some kinda stupid Uber-Jaeger after Godzilla. Of course it looks really sleek and generic like all the other NuJeagers. There could even be a bunch of scenes of the villain smugly hyping up this Jeager as some kinda invincible killing machine. Then it goes up against Big G, and he just wrecks it in a short fight, even squishing the pilot to add insult to injury. But of course in reality they'd try to convince the audience these lame-rear end robots can hold their own against G and friends. But yeah, I think the only way a crossover could work is if they push how out of their depth these kids are.

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!
How the hell are you guys not in love with this idea?

Godzilla and Kong are drift compatible. Get in to a super Jaeger. Fight Ghidora and Gigan in their super Jaeger. Da fuq guys. Really?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tommy 2.0 posted:

How the hell are you guys not in love with this idea?

Godzilla and Kong are drift compatible. Get in to a super Jaeger. Fight Ghidora and Gigan in their super Jaeger. Da fuq guys. Really?

Pacific Rim 2 already hosed up the idea of Jaeger Kaiju hybrids

Del Toro wanted those to be the new heroes. Instead we MIGHT get them as the villains in the most boring way possible

I just don't trust whoever is in charge of the Pacific Rim brand at this point. All of the new Jaegers look boring, the most interesting one is the one that has a loving katana the most tryhard thing in the world and it's only notable because it's bright goddamn orange. I can't even tell you what it looks like beyond Orange Katana.

Well that's not true. the evil Jaeger, Obsidian Fury, looks pretty great. Shame it's basically just Evil Gypsy Danger, and also the villain

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
The plot should be obvious - Jaegers get owned by baddies until King Kong shows up to help. Then Kong eventually is hard-pressed until Big G shows up to commence rear end-kicking. Humans meanwhile have gone back to the drawing board and introduce a new series of more powerful Jaegers - Jet Jaguar, Kiryu, Mecha-Godzilla, and Mecha-Kong - that help Kong and Godzilla in the final battle. The loving end.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
If we could get power armor for Kong that turns him into Jet Jaguar, that would make this particular nerd extremely happy

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Jet-Jaeger, surely.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
I really love Pacific Rim and am a lifelong Godzilla fan, but the idea of a crossover would be like Dracula showing up in Twilight or some poo poo.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Rough Lobster posted:

I really love Pacific Rim and am a lifelong Godzilla fan, but the idea of a crossover would be like Dracula showing up in Twilight or some poo poo.

I would pay good money to see Dracula utterly mangle the Cullens and ask freshly-flayed Edward "so this is the skin of a killer? Ahahaha"

Dr. Benway
Dec 9, 2005

We can't stop here! This is bat country!
I'm confused as to why this seems like such a surprise to some. I could have sworn that Guillermo del Toro explicitly stated that Pacific Rim occurs in the Godzilla universe back when it was only still in production.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

...I wouldn't think so? They're pretty different in setup and tone, and the current continuities would be mutually exclusive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think it was more that a crossover was in the works before Kong came into the picture and Legendary focused more on establishing the MonsterVerse.

And I think it was less "in the works" and more just nebulous plans.