Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I am excited for this special!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Sefal posted:

heck, :same:

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Adding a J turns awesome into jawesome

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

TheHan posted:

Where the hell are those other Namekians.

They're going to do something really weird and cool and Piccolo's gonna be like "Holy poo poo, can I do that?" and it turns out that yes, he can.

Reversal of the U6 Saiyans learning about Super Saiyan, Piccolo's going to make his back tingle and turn into a Mega Namekian and win the tournament, then go on to be super ridiculously overpowered and the real hero of the show.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sefal posted:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's on Sunday.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

It will be online at 9PM Eastern Time on Saturday

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

IcePhoenix posted:

drat straight.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Shinjobi posted:

drat straight.

Your avatar is going to be me at like 8:45 while I wait for it to go up

Also I miss (good) talking smack :(

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I miss when I could watch a weekly wrestling show and not be a mix of sad and angry.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

IcePhoenix posted:

9PM Saturday on the Eastern Hemisphere is already Sunday.

(this post has been sponsored yet another time by the "use goddamn UTC you yankee fucks" association)

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

We have like eight different timezones in the US, your measly one timezone can't possibly defeat us.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Raxivace posted:

We have like eight different timezones in the US, your measly one timezone can't possibly defeat us.

Now I'll go even further beyond...

I call this "DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME"

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Impossible. No one has ever mastered the Daylight Savings Time transformation before!

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

HE'S SAVING ON CANDLES!!! THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING IT'S IMPOSSIBLE ALL HIS CROPS WILL DIE IN THE SUMMER!!!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
But can you defend against the...Metric System of Measurement?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Who's the Adelaide Byrd in this situation?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
It's gonna suck that we won't get to see the end of that fight, since Goku will get his poo poo wrecked and our universe will be erased

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Did Vegeta ever figure out SSJ2, or did he cap out at SUPER VEGETA until he turned Blue?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

deadly_pudding posted:

Did Vegeta ever figure out SSJ2, or did he cap out at SUPER VEGETA until he turned Blue?

Yeah, he's had 2 since at least when he went Majin. It wasn't just a Majin thing either, he uses it against Kid Buu.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It is kind of similar to Goku's body remembering God Ki thing, actually

Before he was given the Majin power, he was still stuck as just a SSJ. After that point, he remembered how to access that power

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

IcePhoenix posted:

only Japan time counts for Dragonball
America time counts for american things

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Well I'm going to take the cool fanart's advice and watch when it says to watch and enjoy me a cool special instead of being super pedantic about it

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

IcePhoenix posted:

Well I'm going to take the cool fanart's advice and watch when it says to watch and enjoy me a cool special instead of being super pedantic about it

i hope you get probated for this vile post

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

nothings more american than a blue eyed blonde guy punching illegal aliens

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Kild posted:

nothings more american than a blue eyed blonde guy punching illegal aliens

no he resurrected frieza

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Condiv posted:

no he resurrected frieza

Freeza clearly went through the proper protocol to be a legal alien when goku brought him back.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Goku is more of an illegal alien than Jiren.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Freeza has a one-day temporary visa.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Darko posted:

Freeza has a one-day temporary visa.

But is it a tourist or working visa? U4 would be petty enough to DQ him on a technicality like this.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Aren't they technically in international water/space right now anyways?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

seiferguy posted:

But is it a tourist or working visa? U4 would be petty enough to DQ him on a technicality like this.

He was revived specifically to fight in the tournament so even if Goku was dumb enough to get it wrong (probably) Baba would definitely have made sure she was giving him a working.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Burkion posted:

It is kind of similar to Goku's body remembering God Ki thing, actually

Before he was given the Majin power, he was still stuck as just a SSJ. After that point, he remembered how to access that power

Vegeta could go SSJ2 before he let Babidi in his head. He says he'd have killed Dabura and Gohan acknowledges that Vegeta would've won.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Whether Vegeta had access to SSJ2 before going majin has been long debated and there's probably no answer. Like Balrog wings, we'll never know.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Flubby posted:

Whether Vegeta had access to SSJ2 before going majin has been long debated and there's probably no answer. Like Balrog wings, we'll never know.

The Daizenshuu I believe outright states that Vegeta became a Super Saiyan 2 after heavy training in the pre-Buu timeskip.

We've known for ages, people are just poo poo at actually accepting what the series and its material state.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Blaze Dragon posted:

The Daizenshuu I believe outright states that Vegeta became a Super Saiyan 2 after heavy training in the pre-Buu timeskip.

We've known for ages, people are just poo poo at actually accepting what the series and its material state.

It also makes way more sense in context to the typical themes. Monkey see, monkey do. If you show them a new form that is more powerful, a Saiyan will eventually pick up on it or go further beyond.

The only exception to the rule seems to be the mastered form Goku picked up for the cell games. Which always struck me as more of a Vegeta saying 'nuh uh, I'm not going to copy that even though it works' because Goku.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The whole mastered form thing is weird since it's the first and last time Super Saiyan being difficult to maintain is mentioned. Nobody has any problems staying Super Saiyan at will for the rest of the series unless they're completely exhausted or unconscious.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

considering super saiyan 2 was originally just treated like an improved super saiyan, maybe the thought was that it obviated the mastered form stuff

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Caros posted:

The only exception to the rule seems to be the mastered form Goku picked up for the cell games. Which always struck me as more of a Vegeta saying 'nuh uh, I'm not going to copy that even though it works' because Goku.
I thought that was pretty explicitly so, and he only went for the master SSJ > SSJ 2 offscreen during the timeskip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

This post is full of pretty awesome holes. I like all the holes in this post.
A page or so back, but let me put my half assed 2 years of college Japanese to use for you all.

-jin is a suffix for Japanese words which means a type of person in certain instances.

In English we say American, in Japanese they say Amerikajin.

We say Chinese, they say Chuugokujin.

We say foreigner, they say gaijin.

We say Saiyan, they say Saiyajin.

So that is why people originally decided to add the J in SSJ. It would be like abbreviating "Super America" rather than "Super American".