Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

This is the same franchise where we've been watching Super Saiyan Blue for the past 50 episodes to be fair.

Even though they missed the trick with Super Cyan, Super Saiyan Blue is infinitely better than Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan, after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

I also like that Goku made the same mistake as frieza.

But at least he had the excuse that he only had 25 mins to get poo poo done.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Even though they missed the trick with Super Cyan, Super Saiyan Blue is infinitely better than Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan, after all.

We could've had a fight between Super Cyan and Super Magetta!

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

notaspy posted:

I also like that Goku made the same mistake as frieza.

But at least he had the excuse that he only had 25 mins to get poo poo done.

25 minutes is an eternity in dragonball time

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

my personal theory on ultrinstinct -

when Cell exploded in space and killed goku he insterted a piece of his soul inside goku. all this time the tiny, mostly-dormant piece of Cell has been absorbing energy and learning and growing while watching goku grow. when goku passed out from the spirit bomb, the tiny Cell in goku's brain used the energy from the spirit bomb to temporarily awaken and took control of the body. thats why its an "omen" - when Cell fully reawakens he will burst out of goku's noggin and be the strongest being in the megaverse, stronger than all the GoDs and angels

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

so the way freeza was just listening to the GoDs and Angels talk about "ultimate instinct" in regards to Goku, and then just smugly chuckling, makes me think that maybe Freeza's already got that. Maybe that's what his mental training led to.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

NecroMonster posted:

so the way freeza was just listening to the GoDs and Angels talk about "ultimate instinct" in regards to Goku, and then just smugly chuckling, makes me think that maybe Freeza's already got that. Maybe that's what his mental training led to.

Realistically it’s Frieza being Frieza and underestimating people again

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

super saiyan god super saiyan is a great name because its so convoluted

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Stairmaster posted:

super saiyan god super saiyan is a great name because its so convoluted

Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan 3: Ultimate Instinct Kaioken x100

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Idea, mix Primal Rage and Killer Instinct and call it Primal Instinct imo.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Kashuno posted:

Realistically it’s Frieza being Frieza and underestimating people again

Probably.

But let's give benefit of doubt for the sake of discussion. When Frieza and Goku clashed(So long ago now), he noted he'd been making battle plans continuously to deal with Goku. Then look at how he acted with the Yardrat. He's fast enough that if he knows it's Instant Transmission, he can keep pace easily. His speed's always been monstrous. Possibly he thinks with his battle plans, he can leave his body to carry it out while he thinks ahead and thus 'fake it' for a little while.

To train your body such that your muscle memory is doing the work. Action before thought. Ultra Instinct. It's a goal even in regular martial arts, I think(Though I don't know). It's what all the drill and kata and such are for. To remove the mind from the equation and turn it into reaction like moving your hand away from a flame.

It was probably right that it showed how loving weird that is. Because it must be like you're disconnected from what you're seeing, like a simulation or tape or VR or game.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Oct 9, 2017

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I liked how Goku was more surprised by the flying kick he threw at Jiren than Jiren was.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

this is my theory on ultra instinct

goku actually got vaporized by the spirit bomb and everything we're seeing now is his fevered dreams as he passes on to the next life ala jacob's ladder

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Calibanibal posted:

when Cell exploded in space and killed goku he insterted a piece of his soul inside goku. all this time the tiny, mostly-dormant piece of Cell has been absorbing energy and learning and growing while watching goku grow. when goku passed out from the spirit bomb, the tiny Cell in goku's brain used the energy from the spirit bomb to temporarily awaken and took control of the body. thats why its an "omen" - when Cell fully reawakens he will burst out of goku's noggin and be the strongest being in the megaverse, stronger than all the GoDs and angels

I doubt this theory but good effort

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

also, if Freeza already has Ultra Instinct (or at least thinks that he does) that adds another layer to the whole gifting Goku energy thing he's about to do.

KoB
May 1, 2009
The only thing I dont believe in all of this is that they expect me to believe that lazy poo poo King Kai actually invented Kaioken and the spirit bomb and no other kais know about them?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2017/10/09/new-old-translation-dragon-ball-z-arcade-1993-akira-toriyama-comment-original-cabinet-design/

Akira Toriyama designed the cabinet for the first DBZ arcade game

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

THAT'S MAGETTA

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

KoB posted:

The only thing I dont believe in all of this is that they expect me to believe that lazy poo poo King Kai actually invented Kaioken and the spirit bomb and no other kais know about them?

King Kai is the best god.

nonrev
Jul 15, 2012

Calibanibal posted:

I too saw Justice League Unlimited.

Does anyone think the mouse GoD's two mystery fighters may just have a technique that can totally catch Jiren by surprise? Perhaps these fighters have a technique that someone has once used before that can make Jiren's strength their own.

:getin:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
First and foremost - Holy poo poo that is Magetta

How long has he been sitting on the Metal Men as a concept jesus

Second- Freeza DEFINITELY has something up his sleeve. Compare how he acted around Beerus in RoF to how he acts now. He knows Beerus is a threat, but does not show him the same level of respect he used to. He also no-sold the Hakai Energy and took control of it.

But more importantly, Freeza is some one who, when things are not going his way, and he knows they're not, gets pissed off. Jiren and Goku going at it should have elicited some kind of worry from him, seeing how much stronger Goku was than when they fought before. Even when they had their practice fight after he slaughtered the assassins.

yet Freeza looks at Goku SSJBlue Kaioken x 20 and just laughs. He looks at Jiren, who is arguably stronger than some GoDs and comments that he's better than he expected.

He's acting like he's got some great power he hasn't shown yet, like on Namek. The way he's acting is entirely the way he acted fighting against the heroes and Vegeta until Goku went SSJ.

Dude's also either mastered instant transmission, or moves so fast that he might as well of because Vegeta didn't even realize he was there and gone again. It would not shock me at all if Mr. Trains For Four Months To Surpass The Gods figured out Ultra Instinct too. If he hasn't yet, he may still. Dude is a nightmare prodigy.

And he STILL doesn't have a drop of God Ki in him is the most impressive thing.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Rhonne posted:

King Kai is the best god.

Well from what we've seen, its pretty true.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

freeza is basically goku without the head trauma

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

KoB posted:

The show has drilled into our heads that the gods don't know poo poo about anything, especially Shin, so this isn't really a surprise. I actually like a lot that Roshi and King Kai have stayed relevant throughout the entire series, just because they know how to promote the abilities of others so well.

One thing I found interesting about the latest ep was Vegeta's response to the whole thing. With Kaioken Blue he was annoyed that Goku had found a way to surpass him yet again, but this time he's more interested as to what the hell any of that even was. I don't feel like he's eagerly waiting for his turn to try it so much as he's confused.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

ya gotta have a good imagination to be funny, and a good imagination probably helps when coming up with like, techniques and poo poo.

and king kai is funny.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Burkion posted:

First and foremost - Holy poo poo that is Magetta

How long has he been sitting on the Metal Men as a concept jesus

That's just how Toriyama draws robots. When Magetta was first revealed, everyone thought he was a reference to Robo from Chrono Trigger.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Momomo posted:

One thing I found interesting about the latest ep was Vegeta's response to the whole thing. With Kaioken Blue he was annoyed that Goku had found a way to surpass him yet again, but this time he's more interested as to what the hell any of that even was. I don't feel like he's eagerly waiting for his turn to try it so much as he's confused.

I don't recall Vegeta giving a poo poo about Goku's punch power ever since they started training with Whis

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

g0lbez posted:

I don't recall Vegeta giving a poo poo about Goku's punch power ever since they started training with Whis

He was pretty pissed when Goku pulled out SSB Kaioken for the first time.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

KoB posted:

Well from what we've seen, its pretty true.
Yeah actually in retrospect he's probably one of the better deities of Universe 7.

Second place is...Kami, maybe?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Raxivace posted:

Yeah actually in retrospect he's probably one of the better deities of Universe 7.

Second place is...Kami, maybe?

Dende didn't gently caress up as badly as Kami and upgraded the Dragon Balls to give 3 wishes. On the other hand, not even as useful in a fight as Kami so...

Probably a toss up there tbh.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Neo_Crimson posted:

He was pretty pissed when Goku pulled out SSB Kaioken for the first time.

he was having ptsd flashbacks to when he got owned by the kaioken

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I highly doubt Frieza has any version of ultimate instinct because I don’t think it’s something that could be hidden from someone like Whis

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Personally I don't like the name Ultra Instinct because Ultra seems to be the anime word of the year what with Pokemon's Ultra Beasts, Ultra Balls, Ultra Space, etc.

I think Primal Instinct works cause it's a state where the brain and rational thought are not the ones moving the levers.

Any option though is better than what the Spanish sub ended getting in Doctrina Egoista which translates to Selfish Doctrine.

Between that and DBS' latin OP1 dub Vuela, Pega y Esquiva the latin dub is dead to me :(

edit: It's just bad. It's so bad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T_bu3CtS1U

edit2: vvvv poo poo hahaha i was misremembering the Beast Balls

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Oct 10, 2017

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ultra balls are like 20 years old and also that's a video game

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

lezard_valeth posted:

Any option though is better than what the Spanish sub ended getting in Doctrina Egoista which translates to Selfish Doctrine.

Between that and DBS' latin OP1 dub Vuela, Pega y Esquiva the latin dub is dead to me :(

edit: It's just bad. It's so bad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T_bu3CtS1U

Holy poo poo, they did not try to match the song at all with those lyrics. It's not even a matter of what's being sung (which is genuinely appropiate) but of how they didn't match the actual music. Eduardo Garza had a better version already!

Also I don't mind Selfish Doctrine. It's much closer to the original term than Ultra Instinct is, and that's something I can agree with.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
They actually were called Ultra Balls in Japanese SunMoon, since normal Ultra Balls are (I think) Super Balls there.

Ultra Instinct is a pretty good name, though I do like Divine Instinct like someone suggested earlier. I think Primal would imply the opposite of what's happening here, like he'd be going for raw strength instead of being beyond even thinking.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
Do people seriously not like the ultra instinct translation when we just dealt with something called super saiyan god super saiyan

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Divine Instinct sounds way too pompous and, again, does not flow nearly as good as Ultra Instinct

KoB
May 1, 2009
i dont know how they could have the show called dragon ball super and not call it super instinct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
It's just a tagline for the next series after 20 years. Dragon ball Ultra. I seriously can't see super lasting past the tournament of power, where the hell do they go from there?