Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Onmi posted:

So, what are the chances that Freeza is still holding on to some Hakai energy from the assassins, and that's what he intends to recharge Goku with? Especially since it was made a big deal before that Goku couldn't surpass or control it, I could see Freeza being all "You're going to absorb this, or it's going to kill you. Do or die."

If Goku accidentally killed someone with that, would he get erased? Freeza? The GoD that Freeza got it from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Augus posted:

After seeing what Ultra Instinct can do both Freeza and Vegeta are gonna be doing everything in their power to get Goku to throw a spirit bomb at them

But Frieza and Vegeta both ALREADY survived the spirit bomb!!!

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

ImpAtom posted:

To be fair based on Pan that would basically be like giving the baby a warm bath.

Goddammit Frieza I told you Pan only needed a bath for like, 5 minutes

Oh but it was 5 minutes, IN NAMEK TIME

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

ImpAtom posted:

But Frieza and Vegeta both ALREADY survived the spirit bomb!!!

Just keep on lobbing them until either the limit is broken, or their body is.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I wonder what the full Ultra Instinct form will look like. hopefully it's not silver hair or else it'll look like some low-rent fanfic. I wonder if it'll be just a lighter shade of SSB with that same crazy aura that Omen has

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I hate to break it to you but literally any color hair would end up being similar to one fanfic or another

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Saagonsa posted:

I hate to break it to you but literally any color hair would end up being similar to one fanfic or another

What about rainbow?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Bushmaori posted:

What about rainbow?

Definitely that

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Bushmaori posted:

What about rainbow?

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I will say that Freeza has been acting a little strange since being revived again. In Resurrection F he was totally his old Namek era self, but now he seems sort of subdued I guess? Usually he acts like a spoiled brat, and can hardly go five minutes without losing his temper, but now he seems to be taking everything in stride. Even in this latest episode he appeared to be untroubled by the fact that Goku had surpassed him again. Vegeta, who's been putting up with this sort of thing for years now had more of a reaction than he did.

He's by no means nicer, of course, but this really doesn't seem like the same Freeza who rage quit by trying to blow up a planet on two separate occasions.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

TrilliontonNixon posted:

I will say that Freeza has been acting a little strange since being revived again. In Resurrection F he was totally his old Namek era self, but now he seems sort of subdued I guess? Usually he acts like a spoiled brat, and can hardly go five minutes without losing his temper, but now he seems to be taking everything in stride. Even in this latest episode he appeared to be untroubled by the fact that Goku had surpassed him again. Vegeta, who's been putting up with this sort of thing for years now had more of a reaction than he did.

He's by no means nicer, of course, but this really doesn't seem like the same Freeza who rage quit by trying to blow up a planet on two separate occasions.

At this point, he's done everything possible to stop Goku. Goku told him "dude if you took things in stride and didn't rush for revenge 4 months after freshly learning a new form maybe you'd put up more of a fight." I think Frieza's been taking that advice seriously.

Besides, Frieza was always cool and collected on Namek before being on the receiving end of a bad situation. So far, he hasn't been on that receiving end yet. He'll likely tantrum once his house of cards collapses.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

TrilliontonNixon posted:

I'd say getting killed three times in a row from making the same mistake is more than enough to teach a guy some patience.

The Bee posted:

Besides, Frieza was always cool and collected on Namek before being on the receiving end of a bad situation. So far, he hasn't been on that receiving end yet. He'll likely tantrum once his house of cards collapses.

Well that's the thing, Freeza was calm and collected when he knew he was on top, but as soon as his superiority was threatened he threw a childish tantrum. Now Freeza is scheming to take people out who he knows are way more powerful than him. And he's not frantically rushing through a training montage like last time, he's completely calm and more than willing to wait for the perfect moment to turn things around in his favor.

I love villains that get character development.

Augus fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Oct 10, 2017

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah the thing with Freeza isn't that he's acting different, it's that he's back to how he used to be, only more of a team player.

Dude is strictly in his Namekian Lord Of the Universe persona and loving every minute of it.

The only time he was ever anything other than bemused by Goku on Namek was when Goku pile drived a Spirit Bomb on his head- which he still walked away from with minor injuries at most. You know, until Goku went SSJ and completely clowned his rear end.

This is why I think Freeza's got something going. Either some hidden power or some plan that is so fool proof that he's got no reason to fret over a GoD level monster running around the tournament floor.

If he thought things were going against him, he'd be far more animated about that.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Ultra Instinct isn't a form it's a modifier like Kaioken

SSJ Blue Goku will use Ultra Instinct and get the weird eyes with his blue hair, then go Kaioken x 100 on top of it

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

OB_Juan posted:

If Goku accidentally killed someone with that, would he get erased? Freeza? The GoD that Freeza got it from?

Oh man please let Goku wipe out Jiren or vice versa, Freiza nukes whoevers left with the hakai, the GoD that it came from gets erased, and Freiza gets the Super Dragon Balls.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I'ma pretend that UI is like the spirit bomb itself, malice and rage and the other power ups gets in the way of its purity of state, so it can be its own form and thing

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The GoD he got the hakai energy from already got erased, it was the dwarf guy from that shithole wolf universe.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Kelp Plankton posted:

Ultra Instinct isn't a form it's a modifier like Kaioken

SSJ Blue Goku will use Ultra Instinct and get the weird eyes with his blue hair, then go Kaioken x 100 on top of it

I can totally get behind this.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The GoD he got the hakai energy from already got erased, it was the dwarf guy from that shithole wolf universe.

Clearly Zeno would just need to double erase him so thoroughly that not even the super dragonballs can bring him back.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://gfycat.com/OrganicUglyGlowworm

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

g0lbez posted:

Do people seriously not like the ultra instinct translation when we just dealt with something called super saiyan god super saiyan

super saiyan god super saiyan was literally a joke name in the show. it was a good joke, too

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I like the idea of Freeza getting Ultra Instinct just so people can call it Killer Instinct.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I like the idea of Freeza getting Ultra Instinct just so people can call it Killer Instinct.
Since it's Frieza it would actually be called Killer Instinct Gold.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I can't wait for Freeza's gruncle, Glacius, to make an appearance.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Well we've already had an appearance by Sabrewulf...

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
Mystic Goku

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

maybe goku will regrow his tail like in gt lmao

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

TrilliontonNixon posted:

I mean, Frieza isn't an idiot. He knows if he acts up or does anything that's too far off base that Zeno will just wipe him out of existence in a nanosecond, just on a whim. Losing his temper and getting mad isn't constructive to his current situation, and he knows it. He got to take out some anger on Gohan a bit, and is fine to let things be as they will for the moment. Frieza has a history of underestimating the saiyans which triggers that bad temper, but he isn't underestimating Zeno

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Saagonsa posted:

Definitely that

Calling the next form being GREG

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Burkion posted:

Dude is strictly in his Namekian Lord Of the Universe persona and loving every minute of it.

And so am I. Resurrection F gave me my fill of petulant child "dirty monkey this, dirty monkey that" Frieza. Seeing the Frieza that was so intimidating back on Namek has reminded me why I love the character so much.

I can't believe how well this arc has been justifying Resurrection F's place in the show.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I thought it was lame that they brought back Frieza, AGAIN, for the tournament, but he's been consistently great. He is so ultra smug all the time, it's wonderful. It's fun that there's a bad guy on the good guys team

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Another reason he is likely being more a teamplayer then you would think is likley cause he wants Goku to keep his promise to revive him.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I'm trash at fighting games but everything about DBZF looks baller as gently caress.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

MonsterEnvy posted:

Another reason he is likely being more a teamplayer then you would think is likley cause he wants Goku to keep his promise to revive him.

Obviously freeza is unaware of king kai's situation

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Tien being crutch 3rd is going to be a thing isnt it.
Use up your two fighters and then just shinkikoho to trade damage for tiens lifebar

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Tien being crutch 3rd is going to be a thing isnt it.
Use up your two fighters and then just shinkikoho to trade damage for tiens lifebar

Arc Systems *REALLY* gets Tien!

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I'm going to evo in 2018 and I cannot loving wait for the crowd reactions when a player pulls off hype poo poo like this.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Burkion posted:

Tien is gonna have a insta kill using his multiform technique, but before the finishing blow he will stand still allowing you to launch a super and kill him while his clones finish you off.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Burkion posted:

idk man, it seems like he actually hurt someone with the tribeam there. doesn't seem much like tien to me

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Save Tien for last, he dashes at the last enemy, dying in the process. Draw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

The Bee posted:

I can't believe how well this arc has been justifying Resurrection F's place in the show.

This arc turned Resurrection F from a filler movie/arc into perphaps the most relevant of all of Super's arcs, except maybe BoG which set the new bar for the series.

In RoF Frieza is shown to be able to become stronger than Goku in a much more smaller window of time and this comes back when they recruit him as the 10th member, and Whis foreshadows the concept of Ultra Instinct.

Ironically the arc that was considered the best so far, the Future Trunks arc, turned out to be the most irrelevant during this arc sans the 2nd Zeno. They completely wasted the chance of Gowasu randomly shouting one last "ZAMASU!" when U10 gets deleted.