Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

The Tournament of Power has been ace so far, minus a bad episode or 2. The Future Trunks arc was pretty much the same level of quality in my eyes; really good minus a few hiccups.

The U6 tournament was thoroughly enjoyable to me, too, although its highs weren't as high. But there's no denying that 20x Kaioken SSB was a highwater mark of "holy poo poo that's cool" and introducing Hit as someone even stronger than Goku was great. And just the concept of parallel universes and all the coolness and storyline possibilities associated was a natural progression for the show.

RoF and BoG TV versions were both drawn out with some big pacing problems, but still had some good stuff in there. I'd still argue it's the most skippable stuff in the show, though.

Nothing will ever top the baseball episode. That was pure joy in every sense of the word.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I hope Gohan continues to look like poo poo and never manages to look good.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

top is good but every super arc feels like there's too much padding. you could cut the entire sniper episode out and lose nothing, for example

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Manatee Cannon posted:

top is good but every super arc feels like there's too much padding. you could cut the entire sniper episode out and lose nothing, for example

I mean, Town would still be in the tournament then and that’d be bad

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Kashuno posted:

I hope Gohan continues to look like poo poo and never manages to look good.

I hope Gohan has one excellent PTSD flipout on alternate-universe Cell (the cicada dude(s)), and then gets instantly KO'd by a Pride Trooper.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

nah they could have had that whole sequence take like 2 minutes instead of devoting an entire episode to it

cut roshi's rape threat out and replace it with tien owning himself

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
tien bores the gently caress out of me so i hated that episode. also his new costume or whateversucks

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
i mean really when you think about it, Goku should be using instant transmission to grab people and just plop them in the stands.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Kashuno posted:

i mean really when you think about it, Goku should be using instant transmission to grab people and just plop them in the stands.

To be fair, the Yardrat didn't think of that either.

But at the same time, Goku at least twice had to grab onto the edge of the stage to stay in, instead of just ITing to an ally inside.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

Missing the point of how Goku thinks. He is not in the tournament to win it, you realize.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Vegeta would never have asked because he's a prideful idiot but you'd think Piccolo or Gohan would've wanted in on that sweet, sweet Instant Transmission at one point.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Mordaedil posted:

Missing the point of how Goku thinks. He is not in the tournament to win it, you realize.
Goku's there for fun fights and meeting strong people.

Gohan is the guy who's going to win it, since he doesn't care about that nearly as much as protecting the universe. He also had that moment of compassion for U10, he's going to be the guy to win it and wish everyone back.

Goku's getting his new form and focus right now because he's going to be knocked out pretty soon. He's going to be content because now he can try and recapture UI and have a rematch with Jiren. It's just like when he lost the first tournament to Jackie Chun and realized there was a whole new world open to him.

Black_Oni 165
Mar 11, 2015
I have one comment about the tournament thus far.

Ribrianne needs to either do something, or die already

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Don't talk like that about my good friend Ribrianne.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Raxivace posted:

Trunks actually defeating Zamasu would have gone against everything Super is going for thematically, at least so far anyways with the return to these Journey to the West elements.

Why

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Black_Oni 165 posted:

I have one comment about the tournament thus far.

Ribrianne needs to either do something, or die already

Ribrianne is a piece of poo poo trying to snipe Goku while he's getting the Spirit Bomb ready. What a loser.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Kashuno posted:

Ribrianne is a piece of poo poo trying to snipe Goku while he's getting the Spirit Bomb ready. What a loser.

Especially after being given the chance to waste time transforming in front of everyone earlier. What a jerk.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I bet if Goku won, he'd only wish back all of strong fighters who were erased and not their friends or family or universes.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Rhonne posted:

I bet if Goku won, he'd only wish back all of strong fighters who were erased and not their friends or family or universes.

"Come on guys, if we wished back their families they wouldn't have the motivation to fight us at their strongest."

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
He was attacking, not transforming. :pseudo:

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Raxivace posted:

Trunks actually defeating Zamasu would have gone against everything Super is going for thematically, at least so far anyways with the return to these Journey to the West elements.

Do you mind elaborating? I'm not seeing it.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Trunks goes against Dragonball's themes by just killing his opponents outright anyway.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Kanos posted:

Do you mind elaborating? I'm not seeing it.

I think the theme he's referring to is 'the main characters don't actually accomplish anything and fail at every turn but the Gods/Angel bail them out of their fuckups anyway'

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I honestly don't think there will be a "wishing back dead universes" thing because I feel like the Zen-chans would take offense to that. Possible wishes I see:

- Freeza wishes to become a God.
- Goku wishes for stronger fightin' opponents
- Android 17 gets his boat
- U6 wins and wishes for the revival of U7 Earth, as payback for Beerus wishing back U6 Earth (therefore reviving the Z fighters)

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

seiferguy posted:

- Android 17 gets his boat

can't wait for the nautical androids arc

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I hope Jiren wins and wishes everyone back except the villainous universe 7.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Imagine winning a tournament that spans across all the universes and using your prize to get a boat instead of saving an infinite amount of lives

Edit: While being loose friends with the people that invented the means to make anything portable and probably have infinite money

Agoat fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Oct 11, 2017

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

seiferguy posted:

I honestly don't think there will be a "wishing back dead universes" thing because I feel like the Zen-chans would take offense to that.

I feel like Zen-chan would easily be convinced to let things be undone if you told them something like "Well gee that tournament sure was a lot of fun. It's a shame we won't be able to do another one. I bet it would've been even more fun to watch if everyone had a chance to keep getting stronger"

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
“You should make 1000 universes and have a 10000 person tournament zen Chan!!!!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Kashuno posted:

“You should make 1000 universes and have a 10000 person tournament zen Chan!!!!

But that runs up against a greater force that even Zen-chan has no power against - limited animation budget.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I honestly still think the wish will end up restoring all erased universes including ones we haven't heard of, and that that sets up the next arc.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I don't think any of the people are even erased tbh, they're just hidden somewhere else.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

TheKingofSprings posted:

I don't think any of the people are even erased tbh, they're just hidden somewhere else.

The final take-away point of the Future Trunks arc was that Zeno can and will erase universes. There's no reason to think they're not being erased now, even their Angels seem to think they're gone.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Zedd posted:

I honestly still think the wish will end up restoring all erased universes including ones we haven't heard of, and that that sets up the next arc.

Restore all the universes, Zeno does it cuz he's a literal child, forgets that a big bad was the reason he destroyed one, NEW ARC!

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
One thing I think is worth noticing is that it didn't seem like he particularly cared that Goku had gotten erased. I don't think he's gonna be making any exceptions just because of Goku when it comes to erasing universes.

Cran
Mar 23, 2011

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Restore all the universes, Zeno does it cuz he's a literal child, forgets that a big bad was the reason he destroyed one, NEW ARC!

A semantic bungle that results in Zamasuverse getting restored along with the other universes is my ideal timeline.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I long for the day I see my yellow kai friend uploading new videos to GodTube

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I feel that if Infinite Zamasu comes back he'll just get hakai'd right back out of existence

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Carlosologist posted:

I feel that if Infinite Zamasu comes back he'll just get hakai'd right back out of existence

By Frieza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Carlosologist posted:

This is why I don't buy the whole "Oh no they will wish back the universes Zeno had already destroyed" thing as a plot point. If they do, so what? Zeno can literally just be like "eh gently caress it"