Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Manatee Cannon posted:

it'd be better if she wasn't a weak joke character. like buu being a doofy fat bubblegum man belied the fact that he was insanely strong and durable, but ribrianne can't even take base vegeta in a straight fight. that means u2's ace is weaker than cabba

Since she needed her friend to come bitchslap her like Vegeta does to Cabba next episode I think she was meant to be disheartened and fighting worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Kild posted:

stick with the dub if you like, alternatively move to the sub and watch the dub as it comes out like a lot of people here do

Yeah, the dub is pretty much rewriting the series in my head. I've gotten used to the Japanese voices, but the English dub just feels more right.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I find it stupid that Good Frieza turned out to be bad.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Kanos posted:

Gods of Destruction and Supreme Kais are supposed to function as partners because they're both intended to be vital parts of the system they work in. Given that the nature of their individual roles necessitates the GoD being immensely more powerful in combat than the Supreme Kai, it makes sense to provide a failsafe of some sort if the GoD decides to be an idiot and just lord it over the Kai rather than doing his loving job. I think the theory is that the lifelink means the Supreme Kai can present an ultimate sanction to a GoD if needed despite the difference in power. This symbiosis seems to work really well in the functional universes, with the Supreme Kais and GoDs seeming to have very close and mutually accepting working relationships.

Unfortunately, Beerus found a loophole to gently caress that all up and now U7's Supreme Kai is a naive moron who knows nothing about his job and is too terrified to find out, allowing Beerus to be a lazy rear end in a top hat.

I love how its the same loophole as the Kami and Piccolo loophole, too.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Kaioshin not knowing anything about his job is all on Old Kaioshin for not telling him anything, honestly

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Kanos posted:

Gods of Destruction and Supreme Kais are supposed to function as partners because they're both intended to be vital parts of the system they work in. Given that the nature of their individual roles necessitates the GoD being immensely more powerful in combat than the Supreme Kai, it makes sense to provide a failsafe of some sort if the GoD decides to be an idiot and just lord it over the Kai rather than doing his loving job. I think the theory is that the lifelink means the Supreme Kai can present an ultimate sanction to a GoD if needed despite the difference in power. This symbiosis seems to work really well in the functional universes, with the Supreme Kais and GoDs seeming to have very close and mutually accepting working relationships.

Unfortunately, Beerus found a loophole to gently caress that all up and now U7's Supreme Kai is a naive moron who knows nothing about his job and is too terrified to find out, allowing Beerus to be a lazy rear end in a top hat.

Didn't Kami say that gods aren't allowed to suicide?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Blockhouse posted:

Kaioshin not knowing anything about his job is all on Old Kaioshin for not telling him anything, honestly

He was in training when his predecessor died.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

MonsterEnvy posted:

He was in training when his predecessor died.

That's the other half of it yeah.

Also apparently no other universe has the same multiple Kaioshin system or (more likely) Toriyama Forgot

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

Also apparently no other universe has the same multiple Kaioshin system or (more likely) Toriyama Forgot

U6 has at least 2.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Blockhouse posted:

Zamasu was North Kai

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Kashuno posted:

Zamasu was North Kai

Oh he meant the Supreme -> Directional -> Guardian system?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Kild posted:

U6 has at least 2.

Nah that dude with Fuwa during the U7/U6 tournament was just his Kibito analogue

Kashuno posted:

Zamasu was North Kai

He was the North Kai as in the same rank as King Kai, not a North Kaioshin

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

The wiki says:

quote:

Normally there are three Supreme Kai in each Universe, with two on duty and if one of the Supreme Kai was to die in an accident, then the currently-inactive third Supreme Kai would grow in the Sacred World of the Kai like a plant,[4] Though one of the active Supreme Kais acts as the primary Supreme Kai, while the other is an attendant. However, in some universes there have been eras where there were more than three Supreme Kai active at one time as, for unknown reasons, Universe 7 previously had five active Supreme Kais.

So does that mean there should be another supreme kai growing?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Kild posted:

The wiki says:

It's super unclear how much of that growing-on-trees stuff is canon at this point. It's never come up outside of a Toriyama interview from way before Battle of Gods.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Kild posted:

The wiki says:

Hopefully Kaioshin remembered to water him.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

ImpAtom posted:

I would give the benefit of the doubt and say there's also "she is bad because she is ridiculous and silly and ruining my serious fightman show" which of course will have reasons why Majin Buu doesn't count.

i mean theres some pretty key differences between the two of them obviously. ribrianne has like, no serious moments, even when shes fighting all out vs goku its all goofy jokes (which is fine) and they even kinda play it up that the very second he bothers to try even a little bit he kicks her clear across the entire stage.

buu is weird and silly but his funny moments (as fat buu) are played in contrast to his horrifying and uncontrollable strength. this is the first major enemy that can't be understood as like, even sentient or stoppable in any way, so when he does some goofball face or turns someone to chocolate or whatever, its directly in contrast to the fact that he's effortlessly dominating the heroes nonstop.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Kashuno posted:

I hope they just say “Jiren is hella strong” and it never is any deeper than that

Zzulu posted:

Yeah I also hope Jiren is just naturally a crazy strong dude. No weird tricks or gimmicks

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Wuxi posted:

Didn't Kami say that gods aren't allowed to suicide?

I would imagine there's a difference between "Gowasu hangs himself because his GodTube channel has no views" and "Kaioshin physically interposes himself between innocent victims and a deranged God of Destruction, thus destroying them both".

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Kanos posted:

I would imagine there's a difference between "Gowasu hangs himself because his GodTube channel has no views" and "Kaioshin physically interposes himself between innocent victims and a deranged God of Destruction, thus destroying them both".

We can't test that as their is no universe where Gowasu's God tube channel got no views.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Kashuno posted:

Zamasu was North Kai

can't wait for zamasu arc 2 once king kai is finally revived by that dick goku

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

Condiv posted:

can't wait for zamasu arc 2 once king kai is finally revived by that dick goku

Good thing that will never happen

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

tbp posted:

i mean theres some pretty key differences between the two of them obviously. ribrianne has like, no serious moments, even when shes fighting all out vs goku its all goofy jokes (which is fine) and they even kinda play it up that the very second he bothers to try even a little bit he kicks her clear across the entire stage.

buu is weird and silly but his funny moments (as fat buu) are played in contrast to his horrifying and uncontrollable strength. this is the first major enemy that can't be understood as like, even sentient or stoppable in any way, so when he does some goofball face or turns someone to chocolate or whatever, its directly in contrast to the fact that he's effortlessly dominating the heroes nonstop.

Her appearance this episode was quite serious, even if they still tinged it with some of the melodrama that's associated with the shows she's parodying.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Piccolo and Gohan are going to blow off the other Namekian's limbs, but then they find out U6 Namekians can't regrow them.

Caros
May 14, 2008

bobjr posted:

Piccolo and Gohan are going to blow off the other Namekian's limbs, but then they find out U6 Namekians can't regrow them.

Then piccolo explains arm tingles and the entire U6 race of amputee Nameks begin their rise to power.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
Jiren wouldn't be casually meditating if Arale was there. She's an opponent worth fighting. If Jiren adapted to Time-Skip, he might even stand a chance against the almighty gag manga character.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Drop Krillen bring Arale. This is something I can get behind.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Drop Krillen bring Arale. This is something I can get behind.

I thought you said Appule, in which case same.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Drop Tien bring Arale. This is something I can get behind.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

jiren is actually a robot built by that universe's dr slump

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

I want someone to fire off a big fat solar flare point blank directly into Jiren's big stupid eyes. His corneas would probably magnify it and fry his brain.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I almost forgot to look for this it's been so long since it needed to be updated

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
U3 due for a cull.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

graham cracker posted:

I want someone to fire off a big fat solar flare point blank directly into Jiren's big stupid eyes. His corneas would probably magnify it and fry his brain.

Jiren would just power up hard enough to disrupt quantum probability and force a universe where it never happened and then scream his attacker directly out of the 3rd dimension

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Man

Unless the Namekians can pull something surprising, Kale is the only legit powerful fighter they have left. Poor Universe 6

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
How does Namekian fusion work, anyway? Would Piccolo be able to absorb dudes against their will? Does he even know how to do it?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

khwarezm posted:

U3 due for a cull.

And for an actual episode about them.

Shards of Fate
Apr 19, 2002

They look like monsters to you?
Does Shin or Old Kai have to die in order to kill Beerus?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It would be cool if Jiren had even a shred of personality

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Shards of Fate posted:

Does Shin or Old Kai have to die in order to kill Beerus?

both I think? that's why the future trunks stuff made a point of killing shin and destroying the z sword the way it did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Burkion posted:

Man

Unless the Namekians can pull something surprising, Kale is the only legit powerful fighter they have left. Poor Universe 6

ehhhh...Caulifla is probably pretty up there, It's kind of silly to compare people to the Jiren/Goku tier. A lot of stuff can happen, and when she was recruited they did make a big deal about her being a prodigy.