Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Black August posted:

Look man

We're already in a pretty bleak and doomed timeline

Do NOT make it worse by crossing us into the one where Super Saiyan GT 500 is a thing

Speak for yourself. I'm already putting in a deposit for a SSB GT 350 with a God Ki Supercharger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
So I'm currently in the Black Goku arc. So Black Goku killed ALL of the Gods in all universes or just in Universe 7? And if so why didn't the all powerful dude just erase him?

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

punk rebel ecks posted:

So I'm currently in the Black Goku arc. So Black Goku killed ALL of the Gods in all universes or just in Universe 7? And if so why didn't the all powerful dude just erase him?

He was learning to count, obviously.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

punk rebel ecks posted:

The thing you have to understand about Zeno, is that he is a literal child who also thinks it's a real hassle to turn his omniscient perception onto anything, and would just really like a juice box, please. Twelve universes is way too many universes for that supreme divine overlord's attention span. One universe might be too many.

It's way easier for High Priest to ignore the problem for a couple centuries and then arrange for some new gods who can either ideologically coexist with Zamasu, or at least keep the squishy Kaioshin hidden for a while so somebody can Hakai him.

Cosmically, the only crime Zamasu really committed was time travel.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
So the only Real Correct Wish on the superballs then is to artificially mature Zeno so that he can manage more universes.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I'm not entirely sure right now that the Grand Priest would be hostile to Zamasu and his works, because what's happening right now is exactly what Zamasu wanted.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Black August posted:

I'm not entirely sure right now that the Grand Priest would be hostile to Zamasu and his works, because what's happening right now is exactly what Zamasu wanted.

No, I think he'd have wanted just the ninjin's erased, not the universes themselves.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

pik_d posted:

No, I think he'd have wanted just the ninjin's erased, not the universes themselves.

Sure he's going a bit far in that regard with his goofy love of NATURAL BEAUTY, but I figure he'd have been ok with the easy mass erasure of life and clicking off 7 universes in an hour span

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The best thing about Zamasu was Fused Zamasu crying about his vision for the multiverse and then Vegito going like "dude why are you crying"

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

The Groper posted:

So the only Real Correct Wish on the superballs then is to artificially mature Zeno so that he can manage more universes.

I certainly wouldn't mind Super taking influence from YYH.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Carlosologist posted:

The best thing about Zamasu was Fused Zamasu crying about his vision for the multiverse and then Vegito going like "dude why are you crying"

The virgin Zamasu

The Chad Vegito

DanZX
May 5, 2015

I wasn’t paying attention to the latin american dub that started a couple of months ago but yesterday I saw a chapter and goddamn they’re already in the Zamasu arc. Goku already fought Black for the first time.

Man I love the latin american dub voices. So far the only thing I don’t like is that they dubbed Beerus as Bills.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Bills is such a dumb name but I can't stop smiling thinking of it as "Of course, much like death and taxes, erasure and bills will happen regardless"

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

The German dub kept Beerus as is, but calls the off-brand Mister Satan version Beavis.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Kanos posted:

Goku and Vegeta would have both gotten snuffed out and killed before they reached a patch on their current level of power if not for the luckiest of circumstances. They've been brought back from the dead multiple times, have received personal one on one training and assistance from gods and angels, and have benefited from fighting their way through a rogue's gallery of apocalyptic cosmic horrors. The strongest Saiyans in existence before Freeza blew up their race were complete weaklings in the greater context of their own universe despite spending literally all of their time fighting, with none of them even approaching even dorks like Zarbon and Dodoria; the Ginyu Force could have probably killed the entire Saiyan race simultaneously, Oozaru or no.

They werent weak in the "greater context of their own universe", what are you talking about? The only people stronger than most Saiyans were a few of Freeza's dudes (Dodoria, Zarbon, Ginyu Force) plus Supreme Kai, Kibito, Dabura, and Majin Boo. Oh, and I guess Nail and some Namekians? The average Saiyan was still way stronger than the vast majority of the universe's populace. And again, this was when none of them trained or anything, at least not in the sense that the Z-Senshi train. None of them ever learned to control ki or anything. And even so, they were getting stronger the more they fought. Thats why Freeza decided to wipe them out. If he didn't, he knew that eventually there'd be Saiyans that WERE stronger than his own elite and possibly himself.

quote:

Meanwhile, you have dudes like Hit and Freeza who are god-like in strength despite the thought of training apparently never occurring to them before who gain insane power boosts easily on the same level as Goku going to Namek just by applying themselves; Freeza went from "died to Trunks like a mook" to "stronger than SSB" in four months of training. Hit went from "fighting evenly with SSB" to "overpowering SSB Kaioken x10" in about 10 minutes of concerted effort. It's not that Saiyans are necessarily a race of total weaklings, because compared to humans and such, they're absolutely not. It's just that compared to the big boys of the setting we've seen they absolutely are.

Hit and Freeza are one-off freaks. And there are Saiyan individuals that can almost match them.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Blue Star posted:

They werent weak in the "greater context of their own universe", what are you talking about? The only people stronger than most Saiyans were a few of Freeza's dudes (Dodoria, Zarbon, Ginyu Force) plus Supreme Kai, Kibito, Dabura, and Majin Boo.

Yes they were. Raditz was the same strength as a Saibaman. Vegeta was as strong as Cui was before he went to Earth and got his poo poo wrecked and Cui wasn't particularly exceptional as far as we know.

We can maybe assume Raditz is a particularly lovely Saiyan but he was still ten times stronger than Goku was and that strength is something they literally could mass produce with bean men.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Oct 17, 2017

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Of the few planets in U7 that actually had life, didn’t Freeza rule most of them plus like hundreds that he wiped out

And then by association meaning decently ranking members of Freezaz army are incredibly strong in terms of u7

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Aliens are as strong as they need to be for the plot to work, that is it. Any attempt to further quantify Dragon Ball's World is madness

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I don't know if Zamasu's universe would have gelled with the universe levels in terms of culture and civilization. Technically, a universe Frieza controlled all of wouldn't be too far removed from an all natural universe. I can't imagine he's hunting down a ton of animals.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Um, actually Frieza destroyed planet Vegeta because Beerus told him to

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I meant more all the other planets.

Yknow, I guess I just need to know more about Frieza's methods. Does he send people to just kill the civilized/sentient life? Does he have animals eradicated too? How does Frieza Corp work????

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ImpAtom posted:

Yes they were. Raditz was the same strength as a Saibaman. Vegeta was as strong as Cui was before he went to Earth and got his poo poo wrecked and Cui wasn't particularly exceptional as far as we know.

We can maybe assume Raditz is a particularly lovely Saiyan but he was still ten times stronger than Goku was and that strength is something they literally could mass produce with bean men.

No they weren't. I'm not sure why you think Cui wasnt exceptional, do you have proof or is it something you just made up? Because apart from Cui, Dodoria, Zarbon, and the Ginyu Force, literally every other Freeza dude is at Raditz's level or lower. And they were all drawn from multiple alien races from lots of different planets. And the Saiyans were a race where being at that level was considered weak. It wasn't until RoF that they had guy like Tagoma; presumably it took them that long to get a guy like that, and he was their strongest guy.

You guys are being weirdly stubborn about this. Everything we've seen indicates that Saiyans are supposed to be wicked strong, or capable of becoming wicked strong, compared to everyone else. I don't like it either but the fact that Toei and Toriyama insist on making the only relevant good guys be Saiyans, and that strong non-Saiyan characters exist only to be surpassed by the Saiyan characters, tells the story.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea I've been watching kai lately and the guys with freeza are impressed when they see stuff like the namekians having a power level of 3000

vegeta was actually elite among the freeza squad; he wasn't just spouting poo poo. people lined up to salute him when he landed at their headquarters and everything. raditz was average, vegeta and cui were exceptional, and zarbon and dodoria were freeza's personal entourage. then the ginyu force were freeza's most powerful unit with ginyu himself being second in power only to freeza

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Spoiler Warning: Everyone we see in the show is extremely strong because the show is about the people that are extremely strong

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Goku could be any race and be impressive because he is the main character. Hypothetically if Beerus had to take average Saiyans into the Tournament of Power, they would all get destroyed very quickly. The main thing carrying he and Vegeta here is the God Ki and subsequent mastering of it.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Shinjobi posted:

I meant more all the other planets.

Yknow, I guess I just need to know more about Frieza's methods. Does he send people to just kill the civilized/sentient life? Does he have animals eradicated too? How does Frieza Corp work????
I think he was clearing off the intelligent races of various planets and then selling the planets to, presumably, members of his own race. I'm assuming here that the figure of there only being like twenty life-bearing planets in the entire cosmos was marginally bullshit, because otherwise there was Earth, Freeza Planet 93, Namek, New Namek, Yardrat, and already that's one-quarter of the planets in the cosmos. Add on whatever planets Jaco has visited and you're starting to run low.

I can totally buy that Shin either hosed up or was only considering origin points for races; there might be a hundred planets used as cushy beach resorts for Freeza's people but if they've all been blasted down to basic ecology they would not be useful for finding strong fighters.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Also, and this cannot be overstated, Vegeta was stagnant for a very long time.

As a kid he was powerful enough to easily wipe out Saibamen, and he never got too much stronger after that until Goku kicked his face in and a giant naked child crushed his body.

this is because generally, Sayians didn't take the injuries that they needed for growth and survived. Hell, as mentioned before, Goku and Vegeta both have died more than once before getting close to their current power, and a lot of Goku's growth as a fighter came after he died.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I gotta agree. Saiyans as a race are still pretty strong, it's just that the enemies that keep popping up after the Saiyan Saga ended are, to a man, weird freaks & prodigies. Freeza is far stronger than any other member of his race, except his family I guess. Presumably the average Freeza's Race guys are human level. Maybe Warrior Namek or Saiyan level if they train their asses off.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Burkion posted:

Also, and this cannot be overstated, Vegeta was stagnant for a very long time.

As a kid he was powerful enough to easily wipe out Saibamen, and he never got too much stronger after that until Goku kicked his face in and a giant naked child crushed his body.

this is because generally, Sayians didn't take the injuries that they needed for growth and survived. Hell, as mentioned before, Goku and Vegeta both have died more than once before getting close to their current power, and a lot of Goku's growth as a fighter came after he died.
Yeah, the problem with Zenkai is that you have to almost die and then recover. It seems like the Saiyans under Freeza were more likely to go "lol, owned" and ditch you if you got your poo poo packed in, at which point you might possibly scrape your way out or some surviving local with a knife will come out to cut up what remains.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Justin_Brett posted:

Goku could be any race and be impressive because he is the main character. Hypothetically if Beerus had to take average Saiyans into the Tournament of Power, they would all get destroyed very quickly. The main thing carrying he and Vegeta here is the God Ki and subsequent mastering of it.

Well its hard to say since, like i keep saying, we haven't seen any average Saiyans that had the opportunity to train and get stronger like other characters did. Like imagine if someone like Raditz got zenkai boosts, was able to train in the RoSaT a few times, etc., how strong would he get, without God ki or anything? We don't know. But I bet he'd be stronger than Yamcha, Krillin, Master Roshi, and Tenshinhan. Or at least at their level. Nappa could be somewhere between them and Android 18. Are they capable of becoming Super Saiyans? We don't know, but probably.

At any rate, it'd be a bit unfair to compare mediocre Saiyans to the people at the ToP, who are all supposed to be the cream of the crop of their respective universes. But its worth pointing out that a lot of them have been defeatable by characters like Krillin and Roshi. I don't think a hypothetical Raditz or Nappa or Bardock or whatever would do too badly, if they were at their best and had the same opportunities everyone else did. And I'm not just talking about Goku and Vegeta, but also Krillin, Tenshinhan, Piccolo, etc., who all got to train and poo poo.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

In a weird way, Goku and Vegeta cheated and hacked their own biology by getting ultra zenkais out of recovering from DEATH ITSELF

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Black August posted:

In a weird way, Goku and Vegeta cheated and hacked their own biology by getting ultra zenkais out of recovering from DEATH ITSELF

unfortunately dying doesnt seem to actually give a zenkai

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
Does the word Zenkai mean anything in Japanese, or is it just a fun DB word?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Kild posted:

unfortunately dying doesnt seem to actually give a zenkai

Unless your name is Cell in which case you get to cheat biology.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Maple Leaf posted:

I googled it and I got a few different answers just glancing at the results

google translate thinks it's "the last time"
one wiki thinks it's full release/throttle
two wikis think it's full recovery

take your pick I guess

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

HGH posted:

Unless your name is Cell in which case you get to cheat biology.

he didnt die though

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Maple Leaf posted:

It's used a lot in anime to basically mean "going all out" or "fully unleashed". You hear it a lot in robot anime stuff when they're using a super move and dumping all of their power - "generator zenkai!".

An example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWITwq-pRN8

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
It's also worth noting that Zenkai as a proper noun referring to a Saiyan's near-death power boost is mainly a western fandom thing. The term does come from a Daizenshuu but that's pretty much it. The word isn't used in the show except when it means "releasing at full power" like normal.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Blockhouse posted:

It's also worth noting that Zenkai as a proper noun referring to a Saiyan's near-death power boost is mainly a western fandom thing. The term does come from a Daizenshuu but that's pretty much it. The word isn't used in the show except when it means "releasing at full power" like normal.

It doesn't even come from a Daizenshuu, even, it's taken from the first ending of Z. The actual race ability was never given a name outside of Battle of Z I think, which gave it the extremely generic name of "Saiyan Power".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Blaze Dragon posted:

It doesn't even come from a Daizenshuu, even, it's taken from the first ending of Z. The actual race ability was never given a name outside of Battle of Z I think, which gave it the extremely generic name of "Saiyan Power".

Wait, really? So it's some straight-up Mystic Gohan bullshit then. Huh.