Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Raxivace posted:

So am I the only one that assumed this was an Evolution shoutout?

Evolution was so bad it got Toriyama to make BoG, so probably not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
I bet Jiren’s the illegitimate love child of Belmod and Macarita.

You could say Belmod was clowning around with a drunken angel

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Wuxi posted:

Remember the time Goku could read minds?
He could read Krillin's mind. Despite this unique and very limited mutant power, they're still friends! Goku's a great guy at heart.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

he could read other minds as well, like when he butt in king kai and the grand elder's conversation about the last wish to use with the namekian dragon balls

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Manatee Cannon posted:

he could read other minds as well, like when he butt in king kai and the grand elder's conversation about the last wish to use with the namekian dragon balls
That was just standard mind-talky telepathy, he like, deep-scanned Krillin's dome so he could be up to date on the state of play.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Caros posted:

He keeps kicking me in the dick. Why? Why does he keep kicking me in the dick?

Apparently Toppo rings him out in the exhibition by kicking him in the dragonballs. Also, Goku wins every fight in the manga I guess.

That look on Toppo's face is the best.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I just remembered: Why the gently caress did I read the entire script of Dragonball AF 11 years ago....and like it!?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Grouchio posted:

I just remembered: Why the gently caress did I read the entire script of Dragonball AF 11 years ago....and like it!?

how old were you 11 years ago

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Augus posted:

how old were you 11 years ago
I was 11.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Grouchio posted:

I was 11.

There you go

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Burkion posted:

There you go
Christ I feel old. I remember the time I first saw DBZ on Toonami back in '02 when I was seven and it was legitimately the first anime I watched.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Just realized that Toppo looks like the Lorax on 'roids.

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013
I am Toppo, and I speak for the justice.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Unless someone like you fights a whole, awful lot
Nothing is going to get better. It's not.
So start a new tournament! Treat it with care!
Fill it with punchmen, and give them all air.
Just don't invite Son Goku—don't let him attack!
Then the Toppo, and all of his friends, may come back.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Momomo posted:

Evolution was so bad it got Toriyama to make BoG, so probably not.
It's better than most of the DBZ movies tbh, not that that's saying much.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

A Pro-watch for those fed up with Super's hijinks. There may be spoilers, so viewer discretion is advised.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxfAS0Y_JPo

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Grouchio posted:

A Pro-watch for those fed up with Super's hijinks. There may be spoilers, so viewer discretion is advised.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxfAS0Y_JPo

Either you like the show or you don't. Seems these guys don't, that's fine. You might've posted this in the wrong thread.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Raxivace posted:

It's better than most of the DBZ movies tbh, not that that's saying much.

ok some dbz movies are bad but they aren't nearly that bad

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

Either you like the show or you don't. Seems these guys don't, that's fine. You might've posted this in the wrong thread.
I may have miscalculated.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Kanzenshuu put up another translated interview with the Dragonball GT producer

"Yeah we had a whole plan for bringing Gohan back as a major fighter but we wanted Videl to get brutally beaten for it to happen and we never found a good time for that"

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Blockhouse posted:

"Yeah we had a whole plan for bringing Gohan back as a major fighter but we wanted Videl to get brutally beaten for it to happen and we never found a good time for that"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLF-26JbWsI

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Videl getting brutally beaten didn't do much for Gohan the last time it happened.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Grouchio posted:

I may have miscalculated.

PLague is famously a loving bore and hates fun and admits that upfront and Woolie/Matt/Pat are the same kind of sad nerd that gets mad about someone winning a fight when 'they are canonicallly weaker/have a lower power level than the guy who lost." They've made multiple fighting game LPs that is 60% them saying "well CANON wise this fight should be a blow out!" because beating someone in a fight once somehow means you'd beat them 10/10 times regardless of circumstance.

The best friends are really really dumb when it comes to analyzing or even understand basic narratives or how stories functions.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

PLague is famously a loving bore and hates fun and admits that upfront and Woolie/Matt/Pat are the same kind of sad nerd that gets mad about someone winning a fight when 'they are canonicallly weaker/have a lower power level than the guy who lost." They've made multiple fighting game LPs that is 60% them saying "well CANON wise this fight should be a blow out!" because beating someone in a fight once somehow means you'd beat them 10/10 times regardless of circumstance.

The best friends are really really dumb when it comes to analyzing or even understand basic narratives or how stories functions.

I said this when people posted that Tien thing he did, being a fun hating dour man is what Plague does and he fully owns it his name is plague of gripes I mean come on it's right there. Same thing with TBF they own it so it doesn't annoy me kinda of know what you're getting into. As opposed to say the kanzenshuu forums where people will make it seem like you're the rear end not them.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
I honestly have no idea who those people are, I thought there were just general anime fans who are into other stuff than this show. Whatever, it's not for everyone. I thought about writing up a big effort post about how little they know about dragonball then figured it wasn't worth it.

So someone posted the first kick Goku did in his Ultra Instinct was the same as the first kick he threw on buu, and it totally is. I can't help but think I've seen that spinning fist he follows it up with too though, maybe in the original dragonball?

GokuGoesSSj69 fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Oct 20, 2017

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Blockhouse posted:

It's less "we never found a good time for that" and more "we would've had to give screentime to someone that isn't Goku for this", and you know that just wouldn't be GT at all.

That's one more thing that GT could've done, didn't, and then Super did and much better (even if it lasted as little as it did), like Pan being a genuinely likable character.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
hosed up that Goku is a grandpa and Bulma, who we know is older than him, just had her second kid

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/JsCandyHell/status/920666740585058304

Lol this person thinks Goku knows what this is

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The is the most non-canon fanart in existence

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Ultra lols (the lol even gods fear) at the mere insinuation that goku knows how to and what is a french kiss

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

(...it IS cute tho)

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

That's a really good animation

Their other one where Goku takes off his weighted shirt is great too. And they have some cool SSJ Raditz art. A good fanart person

https://twitter.com/JsCandyHell/status/918165964553940993

https://twitter.com/JsCandyHell/status/918355650467463169

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

:yeah:

Also lol: https://twitter.com/JsCandyHell/status/921150210969100291

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Considering Super, shouldn't that be Frieza or Jiren he's kissing there?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

if you don't like ultra instinct I don't like you

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I don't see why more people aren't excited about Ultra Instinct

It's a technique that almost ANYONE could learn

the humans finally have an out to get on everyone's level!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Burkion posted:

I don't see why more people aren't excited about Ultra Instinct

It's a technique that almost ANYONE could learn

the humans finally have an out to get on everyone's level!

You can't genuinely believe that anyone other than Goku and maybe Vegeta and Freeza will get this.

The series outright pointed out that even the GoDs couldn't fully learn it, you think Krillin will?

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Ultra Instinct Chiaotzu self-destructing without thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Can't wait for the episode of Goten and Trunks back on the island, having fully mastered UI by fighting poachers.