Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
How can a Hero of Justice be so savage? And how is Vegeta going to recover from that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Toppo is wonderful.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Toppo is wonderful.

He's way better than Jiren, both in personality and in design.

Anyway, looks like Cabba is out, thanks to Freeza. I dont know why Freeza needed to turn golden; even in fourth form he should be stronger than Super Saiyan 2, but whatever, DBS plays loosely with power scaling.

Also looks like the U6 Namekians are pretty strong since theyre giving Piccolo and Gohan a hard time. We havent learned anything about whether theyre evil, though. I wish they would actually say something and exchange banter with Piccolo. Also they havent interacted with anyone else on U6, and no one has acknowledged them or mentioned them, which is weird.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Cabba was the little train that could, bless his tiny little heart.:smith:

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Freeza was proving a point.

I don't like how Vegeta didn't care or even look Freeza's way. They could've made the elimitation way better.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Yea but Gohan is only as strong as Piccolo now, even though he got his Ultimate form back as was on par with SSB Goku.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Carl Seitan posted:

Yea but Gohan is only as strong as Piccolo now, even though he got his Ultimate form back as was on par with SSB Goku.

Gohan's not using his true power.

He did once to face tank the best U10 warrior and did it again to play fight Freeza.

Speaking of, I'm kind sad Freeza didn't make a comment to Cabba about reminding him of Vegeta at that age.

Cowering at his feet, begging for mercy.

God, if Cabba had been warned about who Freeza was, he might have been smart enough to just run

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Caulifla continues to own

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
The english dub is taking a week off. Which is especially painful when next episode is the one where Anime is Saved.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I can't believe the sinister villain Goku is going to sabotage Kale next episode. :(

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

also I can't believe Toppo hit the Goku Button, can't wait to see the result of that fight

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Frieza is going to hurt Caulifla real bad and then get horribly maimed by Kale and it's going to own.

I'm predicting it now so I can pretend to be smart months from now, U6 is going to be eliminated when Kale outright kills Frieza. (would it count as 'killing' to wipe out someone who is already dead though?)

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Toppo won that loving fight before anyone threw a punch.

Legend.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
Man Freeza could have been so much more savage with Cabba.

Could have talked about how pathetic Vegeta was when he was younger, or 'getes dying like a bitch on Namek.

Or how he, y'know, genocided all but like 5 Saiyans in Universe 7 at one point, it you count loving Tarble (which I'm not sure you should.)

Really, just pushing him to 2 was a kindness.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Zwingley posted:

Man Freeza could have been so much more savage with Cabba.

Could have talked about how pathetic Vegeta was when he was younger, or 'getes dying like a bitch on Namek.

Or how he, y'know, genocided all but like 5 Saiyans in Universe 7 at one point, it you count loving Tarble (which I'm not sure you should.)

Really, just pushing him to 2 was a kindness.

God don't tell Freeza about Tarble

That's not nice

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Pureauthor posted:

The english dub is taking a week off. Which is especially painful when next episode is the one where Anime is Saved.

drat, they got to the Arale episode already, they musta blown through the Future Trunks arc pretty quick.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Frieza is going to hurt Caulifla real bad and then get horribly maimed by Kale and it's going to own.

I'm predicting it now so I can pretend to be smart months from now, U6 is going to be eliminated when Kale outright kills Frieza. (would it count as 'killing' to wipe out someone who is already dead though?)
Does killing DQ your universe or just you? They erased Frost on the spot but he was trying to jump back in.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

good episode and looks like next episode is gonna be as well even if goku is gonna get teach caulifla ss3 and then get both of them ringed out

khwarezm posted:

Toppo won that loving fight before anyone threw a punch.

Legend.

that comeback was perfect

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Shinjobi posted:

Cabba was the little train that could, bless his tiny little heart.:smith:

Cabba a bitch, op.

almost got wrecked by the not-main fatgirl transformation, shameful

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Toppo's gonna win the Super Dragonball wish just for that comment alone

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Freeza is too cool

Will Vegeta ever recover from such a brutal burn???

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Gonna see the best form next week, the form with no brows

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Manatee Cannon posted:

good episode and looks like next episode is gonna be as well even if goku is gonna get teach caulifla ss3 and then get both of them ringed out

No way, that's not the Goku way. He'll probably teach it to Cauli and then go "yeah don't bother using that, it's kinda useless"

With Cabba gone I'm now even more interested in what the hell they're gonna do with Cauli and Kale. I figured they got their development out of the way earlier so they could focus on Cabba later, but uh he essentially got Krillined so they clearly have something else in mind. I really hope their finale is more dignified than this.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

goku legitimately believes ss3 is good

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
He didn't even bother using against Jiren. That made it clear to me he's more or less retired using it for anything and just uses it to show off.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I hope Caulifla gives Goku a good showing and/or kicks Freeza's loving rear end.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Spiritus Nox posted:

I hope Caulifla gives Goku a good showing and/or kicks Freeza's loving rear end.

Nope. Freeza's way beyond Caulifla. Of course knowing Super, they'd probably make it look like a close match anyway but frankly there's no way even SSJ3 Caulifla could match Freeza.

Doubt it. Freeza saw Kale transform before and has seen her in action, but he didn't seem concerned. Couple this with his reaction to seeing Goku fight Jiren, and its clear he's got something up his sleeve. But even if he doesn't, he's still seen Kale and will probably know better than to pick a direct fight.

Seriously, are people really THAT ticked off at Freeza for knocking out Cabba? Cabba wasnt an interesting or cool character.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Unrelated to the episode, I met Chris Rager and Josh Martin, the funimation dub voices of Mr. Satan and Buu today.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

goku can only show caulifla ssj3 as the next step because if he showed her ssj god and how to do it, theres no reason to not just have every saiyan reach ssjg form from here on out. and it honestly feels like they're going to get around to showing us planet sadal if the series isnt over after this arc

hes going to keep the god stuff close to his chest. vegeta's shown that you can figure it out on your own without needing the ritual anyway, if they want other characters to have it

universe 6 is going to find a new ssj4 form instead

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Blue Star posted:

Nope. Freeza's way beyond Caulifla. Of course knowing Super, they'd probably make it look like a close match anyway but frankly there's no way even SSJ3 Caulifla could match Freeza.

Doubt it. Freeza saw Kale transform before and has seen her in action, but he didn't seem concerned. Couple this with his reaction to seeing Goku fight Jiren, and its clear he's got something up his sleeve. But even if he doesn't, he's still seen Kale and will probably know better than to pick a direct fight.

Seriously, are people really THAT ticked off at Freeza for knocking out Cabba? Cabba wasnt an interesting or cool character.

Frieza is pure smug, it's the only emotion he can feel.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Cauli will reach SSj3, she will make it Successful Just This One Time By Her Miracle, and then get rung the gently caress out by Freiza likely, but not before Goku shows off that there is a "level beyond 3" and she starts asking about the red and blue and what it took to get to that now that she's 3

Conclusion: Goku should absolutely loving not EVER be teaching himself, or any his alternate selves, because since Cauli is U6 Goku But What If A Girl, she has that goddamn Goku Factor, which is Monkey See Monkey Do with no loving effort whatsoever, which means she can jump from base to God inside of a few days and extreme situations what took Goku his whole life, purely because she sees it done and doesn't have to go through what he did!

If you sent this rear end in a top hat all the way back to episode 1, Kid Goku would be going Blue on the Red Ribbon Army before you can blink

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I'm disappointed Freeza didn't wrap Cabba up around the neck with his tail and punch him repeatedly

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

What makes people think that the series will end after this arc? If anything I think it’s going pretty strong and there’s no reason to think it’ll be over soon 🤷🏽‍♂️

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Carlosologist posted:

What makes people think that the series will end after this arc? If anything I think it’s going pretty strong and there’s no reason to think it’ll be over soon 🤷🏽‍♂️

Same reason why people think (or hope) that Freeza's gonna get erased forever: they're dumb.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Haven't pulled up this ep yet but Frieza seems to be focusing on making sure U7 wins. Which makes sense because even if Krillin wishes for a big dick or whatever, U7 is fine, he's fine. It is possible that the Pride Troopers would also wish everyone back, but that probably isn't a gamble he wants to take. He certainly wouldn't want Jiren to do some kind of "All of the people whose hearts could feel justice and their worlds to Universe 11!" bullshit, because then Frieza is hosed.

If he's going to backstab it will be when the Super Dragon Balls enter play.

Carlosologist posted:

There is the question of how do you lower the stakes, except DBZ actually managed this gracefully once. There are multiple candidates for arc antagonists kicking around.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I figure there'll be one or two more arcs after this, to conclude the whole Heaven plotline stuff and Freiza, and after that it's Dragon Ball Next Gen GT [Grand Tour Of The Universes We Have A loving Lot]

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Super Cell God arc will be really good and the highlight of dbs

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I thought they said that super was gonna go until at least the dbz epilogue but honestly I don't know where I got that from and could be making it up

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Kelp Plankton posted:

vegeta's shown that you can figure it out on your own without needing the ritual anyway, if they want other characters to have it

Did they ever actually show him figuring it out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Black August posted:

I figure there'll be one or two more arcs after this, to conclude the whole Heaven plotline stuff and Freiza, and after that it's Dragon Ball Next Gen GT [Grand Tour Of The Universes We Have A loving Lot]
I think the show will instead go on until it stops making money.

e: well, or Goku's voice dies.