Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Raxivace posted:

Caulifla is going to win the Tournament of Power IMO. She's very powerful and also motivated by love and will even resist the false temptation of Super Saiyan 3.

Even Zeno will be blown away.

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Caulifla and Kale are gonna win the whole thing together.

The next arc is their wedding.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The only way Freeza goes out is in a blaze of glory or because he Goku Super Saiyan 3's his time away and fades out of existence.

He's definitely not losing to Kale or Caulifla

In all seriousness, why do people poo poo on Freeza? I see it on the DBZ subreddit* too. There will be people who are like "LOL cant wait to see Freeza get erased and then he'll be gone forever", and "Freeza's outstayed his welcome". Are people really THAT annoyed that we didnt get Majin Boo in the Tournament of Power? Or Cell?

*Yeah i read reddit sometimes, dont freak out about it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

freeza's gonna last until the end. it'd be a waste if he didn't

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I think people just don't want to see the obvious villain win, except the guy's been playing his cards extremely well. He's incredibly strong and smart enough to know who not to gently caress with, which is a change from Frieza's usual attitude of throwing world ending temper tantrums when overpowered.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Junpei Hyde posted:

Caulifla and Kale are gonna win the whole thing together.

The next arc is their wedding.

It is very strange how the hate of Caulifla and Kale has shifted into a hate of Ribriane and U2 among DB dorks outside of here. A month or two ago and this comment would have likely caused the nerd equivalent of a riot.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I'm sure people will have opinions about Caulifla and Kale again next week when they mess up Goku a bit.

Mine is that they're good.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Blue Star posted:

In all seriousness, why do people poo poo on Freeza? I see it on the DBZ subreddit* too. There will be people who are like "LOL cant wait to see Freeza get erased and then he'll be gone forever", and "Freeza's outstayed his welcome". Are people really THAT annoyed that we didnt get Majin Boo in the Tournament of Power? Or Cell?

He's an unrepentant mass murderer and villain op. Like at a galactic, genocidal level.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Crabtree posted:

It is very strange how the hate of Caulifla and Kale has shifted into a hate of Ribriane and U2 among DB dorks outside of here. A month or two ago and this comment would have likely caused the nerd equivalent of a riot.

Look, watching ongoing tv shows with people on the internet means you see wild shifts in the general consensus based on tiny things. I remember after the Tien sniper guy episode the whole series and Tournament of Power was the worst thing ever for two weeks. And SA isn't really above that.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Zore posted:

He's an unrepentant mass murderer and villain op. Like at a galactic, genocidal level.

Yeah in the narrative he's just straight up Space Hitler, and rooting for him to come out on top and genocide those filthy Saiyans is just a bit suspect. It's possible for Freeza to be your favorite character and for you to be able to acknowledge that as a villain he's meant to be knocked down by the heroes.

Outside of the context of the plot though, this is Freeza's third time around the block, and having Goku take him on again after this arc in a God Emperor Freeza arc would be silly.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Blue Star posted:

I don't know.
He's barely been in this arc so it's not like he's hogging screen time and doing nothing. All of his appearances generally lead his plot forward AND they're simple fun. He's a smug evil bastard and it's brilliant.

Of course he's a terrible person and all that, but this is also fictional and the show is all in good fun. Freeza will get his just desserts in the end, as he always has and always will and until then, he's being very entertaining.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Crabtree posted:

Not a big mystery, Brianne's just had far more screentime than them since her debut episode. Now that she's gone away for a bit, they get focus again.

So really, we need an episode where they interact just to see what sites self destruct.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Why doesn't Jiren just wipe everyone out, win the super dragon balls, and then wish everyone back in the name of justice in a few seconds?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Blue Star posted:

Freeza may be fun and I appreciate how he's being a team player (and why!) but this is his third try around the block and he brings nothing other than a bucket full of smirks, IMO. The Pride Troopers or the Angels are at least novel.

graham cracker posted:

Why doesn't Jiren just wipe everyone out, win the super dragon balls, and then wish everyone back in the name of justice in a few seconds?
I get the feeling Jiren has limitations that Belmod is working around.

Nessus fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Oct 22, 2017

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

Manatee Cannon posted:

there's literally no reason for him to lie in his own internal monologue

Oh I thought it was just something he said to Cabba. Maybe Cabba just got a smaller boost from going Super Saiyan since it was the first time he did it and he wasn't used to it then. Or Super just doesn't give a poo poo. Or Vegeta was actually SSJ2 at that point, it's not like I can tell most of the time if there's no lightning :v:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

a cartoon duck posted:

I'm sure people will have opinions about Caulifla and Kale again next week when they mess up Goku a bit.

Mine is that they're good.

Whoa, might wanna cool down some of these takes, caller.

I will raise the stakes: I think they're rad.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

This is wrestling. Frieza is just a really good heel and we're all marks.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

cabbage and cauliflower are bad because bad anime art, saiyans should be muscle-bound freaks. kale, of course, is very cool for same reasons

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Calibanibal posted:

cabbage and cauliflower are bad because bad anime art, saiyans should be muscle-bound freaks. kale, of course, is very cool for same reasons

agreed

Every time I see Cabba and Cauli I just keep thinking "Man, they're going to break their noodle arms."

Kale in her regular(?) SSJ state is the best. If I could make a Sayian woman that looked like that in Xenoverse I'd be all over it, instead of fetish stick girls

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Junpei Hyde posted:

This is wrestling. Frieza is just a really good heel and we're all marks.

Then where is Mr. Satan, SAVIOR OF EARTH AND THE MOST ELECTRIFYING MAN IN MARTIAL ARTS ENTERTAINMENT?

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Aren't they Cabba and friends pretty young? I prefer them being gangly teenagers as opposed to late DBZ style where even Goten was a roided out monster.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TheHan posted:

Aren't they Cabba and friends pretty young? I prefer them being gangly teenagers as opposed to late DBZ style where even Goten was a roided out monster.

It's

Weird.

We don't know how old they are at all really. The only U7 Sayian they look like is fuckin' Tarble. Though that's not even it, even Tarble has more muscle than either Cabba or Cauli

There's a middle ground that they are just not even aiming for.

And we KNOW U6 Sayians are capable of having a mass between SUPER CHUNK and Noodle because NotRaditz was a pretty normal lookin duder

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

They look a bit out of place but otherwise their designs are fine, imo

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Funky Valentine posted:

Then where is Mr. Satan, SAVIOR OF EARTH AND THE MOST ELECTRIFYING MAN IN MARTIAL ARTS ENTERTAINMENT?

It's a Wrestlemania 9 deal.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Staltran posted:

Oh I thought it was just something he said to Cabba. Maybe Cabba just got a smaller boost from going Super Saiyan since it was the first time he did it and he wasn't used to it then. Or Super just doesn't give a poo poo. Or Vegeta was actually SSJ2 at that point, it's not like I can tell most of the time if there's no lightning :v:

the concept of "mastering" super saiyan is a thing so vegeta probably gets more out of it

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

TheHan posted:

Super buff kids will never not look funny.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013
I want Freeza to make it to the end, sniping people when they are vulnerable left and right, including Goku after he beats Jiren. Then have it down to just a 1 v 1 between himself and Gohan. Would be nice to see Gohan be useful again against a top tier threat.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

CharlestonJew posted:

the concept of "mastering" super saiyan is a thing so vegeta probably gets more out of it

Yeah, at this point Vegeta has used this power for like a decade while Cabba got it right the. it only makes sense he is weaker with it. Not everyone can be Caulifla.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they did have that ss1.5 thing in the cell saga too

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

JuniperCake posted:

I want Freeza to make it to the end, sniping people when they are vulnerable left and right, including Goku after he beats Jiren. Then have it down to just a 1 v 1 between himself and Gohan. Would be nice to see Gohan be useful again against a top tier threat.
Who is in this 1 v 1 here, Freeza vs. Gohan? At that point Universe 7 has won.

Doesn't the MVP of the winning team get to make the wish?

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Nessus posted:

Who is in this 1 v 1 here, Freeza vs. Gohan? At that point Universe 7 has won.

Doesn't the MVP of the winning team get to make the wish?

They haven't gone into any detail but it's implied that if it comes down to a last man standing situation then that person gets to make a wish. Presumably Freeza is gearing up to be just that person even if it means culling his own team when it's clear they've won so he can wish to be emperor of the multiverse or something.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I think Gohan could beat Freeza.

I wish he would, but he won't.:smith:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

khwarezm posted:

They haven't gone into any detail but it's implied that if it comes down to a last man standing situation then that person gets to make a wish. Presumably Freeza is gearing up to be just that person even if it means culling his own team when it's clear they've won so he can wish to be emperor of the multiverse or something.
If I were Freeza I'd see if I could trick someone else into team killing first, just to see how Zeno takes it.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Caulifla is fukken rad

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

TheHan posted:

Yeah in the narrative he's just straight up Space Hitler, and rooting for him to come out on top and genocide those filthy Saiyans is just a bit suspect. It's possible for Freeza to be your favorite character and for you to be able to acknowledge that as a villain he's meant to be knocked down by the heroes.

This thread is so loving weird.

Explain the difference between liking and enjoying Freeza and liking and enjoying Vegeta, plz. There were Vegeta fans long before he got married and had kids and became a good guy. No one is allowed to like villains? The gently caress?

Nessus posted:

Freeza may be fun and I appreciate how he's being a team player (and why!) but this is his third try around the block and he brings nothing other than a bucket full of smirks, IMO. The Pride Troopers or the Angels are at least novel.
I get the feeling Jiren has limitations that Belmod is working around.

Freeza is better than the Pride Troopers. This is his third time around the block because he's cool and interesting. I want to see his development continue. Pride Troopers are okay, except for Jiren, but the novelty will wear off. Angels are aight but apart from Whis and Vados none of them seem like characters.

Blue Star fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Oct 23, 2017

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

freeza isnt cool or interesting. what he IS, is an incredible smug rear end in a top hat who will inevitably get thrashed. and seeing him seethe and rage while his ambitions get torn apart by a brain-damaged monkeyman will be hysterical, just like it was the first time he got crushed, and the second time. not so much the third time, but eh. thats why i like freeza

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Calibanibal posted:

freeza isnt cool or interesting. what he IS, is an incredible smug rear end in a top hat who will inevitably get thrashed. and seeing him seethe and rage while his ambitions get torn apart by a brain-damaged monkeyman will be hysterical, just like it was the first time he got crushed, and the second time. not so much the third time, but eh. thats why i like freeza

Freeza is cool tho. :)

Also lol, no poo poo Goku is going to win. Thats what Dragon ball is: its about Goku punching people. You literally said nothing new or interesting XD

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

woah jeez. sorry

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Calibanibal posted:

woah jeez. sorry

LOL you try so hard to troll, dont you ;)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I really liked the small back and forth between Gohan + Piccolo vs the Universe 6 Namekians, what they them showing a nice bit of teamwork and protecting their respective team members.