Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Minion of Freya posted:

Instead, LSSJ3 triggered by Freeza threatening her and Caulifla with torture. Kale then rips Freeza into little pieces, and isn't disqualified because Freeza is already dead. Freeza suicides with what's left of his torso to escape her.

Sounds made up.

Anyway, i think Freeza does indeed have the ability to either go into Ultra Instinct or tap into hakai energy and become a demi-God of Destruction. But he can't quite tap into it yet and he knows it; he needs a catalyst. I think he's going to fight and beat up Caulifla and then force Kale to come at him with everything she's got. He'll fight her as Golden Freeza but he doesn't do much better than Super Saiyan Blue Goku did. She's got him on the ropes and then...bing, he "transforms" or whatever. He taps into this higher power and gets a big power up, then promptly smacks Kale into some rocks and she's out cold. Then he challenges Jiren and there's a prolonged fight and he manages to draw blood from Jiren. Goku and the others watch this new "God Freeza" or whatever and are conflicted as to how they should be feeling. But then Jiren uses his full strength and knocks Freeza out of the ring.

On the sidelines, Freeza explains that he needed Kale to tap into this because he needed to fight a Saiyan that would really piss him off and make him desperate, kind of like how Goku needed to "die" in the Genki Dama in order to tap into Ultra Instinct. He needed to be pushed to his absolute limit and the little Saiyan girl did it for him. But it wasn't enough to beat Jiren. But hopefully it weakened him a bit and now Goku has a greater chance...if he can tap into Ultra Instinct again. Maybe Kale helps him fight Jiren, I don't know.

Thats my fanfic, for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
That doesn't sound like Frieza that sounds like your MC who is Frieza best friend.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

CharlestheHammer posted:

That doesn't sound like Frieza that sounds like your MC who is Frieza best friend.

Freeza is the correct spelling, my friend.

Anyway, i think its plausible, though i freely admit that its an ideal outcome. I'm with the people who think the writers of DBS are setting up Freeza to be some kind of god or whatever. He wants to use the Super Dragon Balls to control the gods but what does that mean? And will he even get his wish? Time will tell. But with or without the wish, i'm with the folks who think he's going to end up the GoD of some universe. Or he'll figure out Ultra Instinct, along with Goku and possibly Vegeta. But again, this is based on what I think would be good. Obviously it won't sit well with the people who are all like "LOL i hope freeza disappears and we never, ever, ever see this interesting cool character ever again, and instead we just get more Saiyans into perpetuity".

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

CharlestheHammer posted:

Frost was already eliminated dude

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Freezer

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Speaking of Frost, it's a little disappointing he and Cabba didn't say a single word to each-other before they were both gone. Could have made something of the mutual unease they must have for each-other now, but ultimately they got fed to Frieza in different ways.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I still wish the Universe 9 dog had more time to shine.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
You know what I'd like to see as a look for Gohan, other than his own unique thing?

Goku's Gi in Piccolo's colors.

I did a recolor of it, but I'm hesitant to post it given that it's someone else's art just recolored.

Adder Moray fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Oct 23, 2017

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I listened to a Q&A of the voice actors of Mr. Satan and Buu, and the guys are funny as hell. A few random things I remember:

- they don't keep up with subbed DBS, Chris Rager (voice of Satan) made a quip of "I know Mr. Satan makes Buu buff, which is weird because couldn't Buu do that on his own?" And clearly wasn't aware of what happens next.
- Mr. Satan is not in Dragon Ball FighterZ :( unless DLC comes out later.
- Josh Martin (Buu) used to be the guy in the Barney costume. He's mentioned in a trivial pursuit millennium edition because his costume caught fire during a recording once.
- Both of them hate the Japanese voice of Buu.
- They didn't outright say it, but they kind of alluded to Chris Sabat being a hardass in the studio.
- Their favorite work is DBZ Kai.
- Buu's voice is based on an improv character called Pillsbury Hoodboy. Basically Pillsbury Doughboy that raps, and replaces mentions of killings with baking euphenisms. Chris Sabat went to a show and heard him do it, and that's how he got the job.
- They were both college roommates irl, which is a fantastic fact to me.
- They mentioned that dubbing for video games is super hard, and basically they have to get their lines in the same time that the Japanese voices were in.

Anyway, cool dudes. See if you have a local con that you can go to, and there's a chance you might get to meet a VA to ask questions yourself.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

seiferguy posted:

- Mr. Satan is not in Dragon Ball FighterZ :( unless DLC comes out later.

While it sucks, I kind of get this decision. DBFZ has so far proven to be highly faithful to its source material. Unless they go the Budokai route and give him a jetpack (which isn't faithful to the source material) and explosives (which are), there isn't any way he'd be able to keep up with the game's aesthetic.

That said, Videl could probably work, although she wouldn't have energy beams to work with so she'd invariably be at a disadvantage in most cases.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Haven't some of the moves in FighterZ been references to other video games already? It seems like it would be easy to justify Satan's jetpack on similar grounds.

Or you could just stick it in there anyways I guess.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

seiferguy posted:

- Buu's voice is based on an improv character called Pillsbury Hoodboy. Basically Pillsbury Doughboy that raps, and replaces mentions of killings with baking euphenisms. Chris Sabat went to a show and heard him do it, and that's how he got the job.

Absolutely sickening.
Satan not being in FighterZ makes enough sense but if they can put in other joke characters like Yamcha, they can make room for Satan.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

seiferguy posted:

I listened to a Q&A of the voice actors of Mr. Satan and Buu, and the guys are funny as hell. A few random things I remember:

- they don't keep up with subbed DBS,

What is this garbage

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

seiferguy posted:

I must hear this.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Alan_Shore posted:

What is this garbage

good taste in buu voices is what

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Looking forward to Seth Rogen as Jiren because they saw the film Paul and they thought it was a good film.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Wilford Brimley as Toppo because the meme about Diabeetus is really funny.

The dub is a mistake.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Reinanigans posted:

It’s still super weird to me people in the story and out can hand wave all of Vegeta’s (gleeful) genocide because he’s not a horrible person right now. Guy took joy in murdering Namekians who just helped him. But I guess he loves his family, so who cares?

Vegeta destroys a planet, slaughters a bunch of namekians and then gleefully incinerate a stadium of innocent bystanders. Actually looking at this clip it seems he destroys an entire city block

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n95Xxpb1oJE

Vegeta is 100% a oval office. But also real interesting to watch because of it

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

My biggest fear with the ToP arc is that by the end they'll somehow normalize Freeza like they did with Vegeta, ruining DB of the only good villian it has left.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Codeacious posted:

My biggest fear with the ToP arc is that by the end they'll somehow normalize Freeza like they did with Vegeta, ruining DB of the only good villian it has left.
Frieza should be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
A fat candyman that just so happens to be a murderer is basically Boo, I dunno what you're going on about.

(to be honest "my" Fat Boo is also a high-pitched gently caress so the Japanese one is weird to me)

Fartbox posted:

Vegeta destroys a planet, slaughters a bunch of namekians and then gleefully incinerate a stadium of innocent bystanders. Actually looking at this clip it seems he destroys an entire city block

It's not that people are okay with Vegeta, is that the Z-Crew is hosed in the head so genocide, schmenocide. Goku only cares that he's strong, Bulma probably uses slave labor, Krillin has PTSD and Piccolo also murdered a ton of motherfuckers, turnabout is fair play.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
The DBZ cast has literally never cared about the morals of people who are not directly threatening them and theirs. Piccolo, Vegeta, the Androids, Majin Buu, and Beerus, despite previously being terrifying and potentially world-ending threats, stopped being enemies the moment circumstances meant they weren't trying to kill Goku and friends or blow up the planet anymore. The same would have applied to Perfect Cell if he had decided to take a knee and go off and train for next year instead of trying to suicide bomb the planet when he lost.

The only thing required for Freeza to make the jump from "main antagonist" to "frenemy" is for him to be willing to put his seething hatred of Goku and Saiyans in general aside. This episode blatantly stated that he still really, really, really loving hates Saiyans and is planning to usurp the gods, so there's no risk of him suddenly becoming not totally evil just yet.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Again, I think the most narratively interesting thing is a Frieza win, followed by an arc about trying to get the super dragonballs in Frieza's new reality to undo Frieza's wish.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Wilford Brimley as Toppo because the meme about Diabeetus is really funny.

The dub is a mistake.

SOurce your quotes

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
New spoilers released today are pretty nuts.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Again, I think the most narratively interesting thing is a Frieza win, followed by an arc about trying to get the super dragonballs in Frieza's new reality to undo Frieza's wish.

"Even Zeno-sama will be blown away!"

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Fartbox posted:

Morality is a difficult thing in the Dragon ball universe as has been pointed out. The concept of a heaven and a hell gets very difficult to maintain when you are forced to not only reckon with whether the quantity of lives saved by saving the universe (and since Buu was attacking the afterlife in some filler iirc Vegeta actually saved a significant amount of the staff of the afterlife! Bureaucratic bias anyone?) Was worth more than the untold millions potentially trillions he killed with glee.

I wouldn't want to be the one calling up widows to mention they shouldn't be surprised if they see their late husband minigolfing with his murderer and the king of all demons once they pass on.

Then you get down to the most realistic Dragon ball premise of all. Desperate survival against a malicious universe. Honestly the afterlife can't afford to piss off Vegeta because he is just dumb enough to be willing to fight anyone... even for a cause he cares nothing about like peace in universe 7.

So where does that leave Vegeta? Where does that leave morality? I personally think that redemption is for everyone and so I am inclined to think of him as good. While it's definitely true he has made no effort whatsoever to fix his past mistakes he has also done a significant amount that was a risk to his own existence when he honestly didn't need to. I'll even go as far as to say that it might be worse to not exist in Dragon ball z than it is to be dead and (presumably) in heaven and I think given that most of the people who were actually in charge of the afterlife weren't willing to risk nonexistence and Vegeta was it should be noted in his favor.

As a living person( the second time around... third?) Vegeta has also done a good amount to continue fighting for others whilst not using his abilities to amuse himself at others expense which I think is a sign he really is motivated differently now.

Finally he is currently engaged in his SECOND battle for the fate of his whole universe.

Is there a point where space Hitler has saved the universe enough times that he just isn't evil mathematically anymore??? I dunno. I think if he's settled down then maybe it's not even an important question. Do I think morality is possible from a bunch of self interested dieties that need to make deals with space Hitler to keep them all comfortable? Definitely. (Not!)

reignofevil fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Oct 23, 2017

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Also the administrator of the multiverse has a mindset of a five year old so who knows what laws of morality he operates by.

Mostly how awesome/cool something is, I guess.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Manatee Cannon posted:

good taste in buu voices is what

How do you sleep at night

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

khwarezm posted:

New spoilers released today are pretty nuts.

It better be as gay as it sounds

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I wonder if it's something they know already but Kale never had the guts to try or if Goku really does do an impromptu timeout to teach them to Dance.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Vegeta is good now, but he was a horrible, evil, arrogant bastard up until he fought Buu.

It took almost a decade of being a horrible fuckup and ruining everything for his son twice to finally figure out how to not be poo poo.

Vegeta pretty much forgetting all the lessons from the Cell Saga to cause the Buu screwup is my least favorite part of Dragon Ball, even if his sacrifice tries really, really hard to make up for it.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I read the spoilers. can't believe Goku is gonna fight kafka he was all about metamorphosis

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Re: twiggy U6 Saiyans:

Wasn't Caulifla's older brother (I think?) kinda big? If I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt, I'd say that they're trying to imply that Sadala doesn't have the high gravity that Plant/Vegeta had, and the U7 Saiyans who lived on Vegeta are all huge and jacked because they've been training under 10x gravity since birth.

Except that's inconsistent because of Goku, so I think it comes down to the fact that Super currently has the same director as Saint Seiya Omega, and he's having them design Original Characters like he's used to :v:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
No that's just Toriyama's style now dog

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

They're gonna fuse if ya know what I'm sayin

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Kanos posted:

The DBZ cast has literally never cared about the morals of people who are not directly threatening them and theirs. Piccolo, Vegeta, the Androids, Majin Buu, and Beerus, despite previously being terrifying and potentially world-ending threats, stopped being enemies the moment circumstances meant they weren't trying to kill Goku and friends or blow up the planet anymore. The same would have applied to Perfect Cell if he had decided to take a knee and go off and train for next year instead of trying to suicide bomb the planet when he lost.

The only thing required for Freeza to make the jump from "main antagonist" to "frenemy" is for him to be willing to put his seething hatred of Goku and Saiyans in general aside. This episode blatantly stated that he still really, really, really loving hates Saiyans and is planning to usurp the gods, so there's no risk of him suddenly becoming not totally evil just yet.

pretty much. The way he grabbed Cabba's face and was basically crushing his skull while talking about his hatred of saiyans made it clear; the dude has no intention of being Goku's ally beyond what is necessary.

a loving SS3 and SSBerserk fusion is the stupidest loving thing what the hell

Kashuno fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Oct 23, 2017

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

pretty much. The way he grabbed Cabba's face and was basically crushing his skull while talking about his hatred of saiyans made it clear; the dude has no intention of being Goku's ally beyond what is necessary.

a loving SS3 and SSBerserk fusion is the stupidest loving thing what the hell

He might be friends with Piccilo. Freeza never seemed to have much problem with Namekians, he even offered to let Piccilo go and save his species during their fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

These spoilers are so extremely my thing, holy poo poo