Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Maybe there aren't any hidden warriors and they're just trying to trick everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
their two fighters are Zenos

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

That seems weird and I don't know why they would

Why does Goku know how to fuse? It makes as much sense as Goku knowing

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Momomo posted:

Considering one of the main characters is a fusion of two kids I really don't think this is the case

don't ruin the bad joke

but really obviously it's not analogous but overall it's supposed to be an intimate experience AND at times it was used to talk about stuff like consent or betrayal

Raxivace posted:

Maybe there aren't any hidden warriors and they're just trying to trick everyone.

Zeno hasn't developed an omniscient sense of object permanence yet, so they pop up, he asks where they were the whole time, they hide again and zeno goes "oh they were never here welp time to delete u4"

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Burkion posted:

So uh

When the two alien lesbians fuse via dancing, how many Stephen Universe jokes are we allowed?

I mean DBZA has made Steven Universe jokes before, so as many as your heart desires imo

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
How did I not know that Tiencha is a fusion that has actually occurred

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Kashuno posted:

Look into the Dragonball Fusions game for some extremely good fusions

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Rutibex posted:

He learned it from some people while in otherworld? Don't really see how that wouldn't make sense

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
DBFZ's English release date confirmed:

https://mobile.twitter.com/BandaiNamcoEU/status/922447532340412416

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Kashuno posted:

Prillin.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Rutibex posted:

Goku learned it from the Metamotans in other world.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

That's not February at all! oh my god oh my god oh my god :neckbeard:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
U6 Saiyans go down the SS4 path while U7 Saiyans go down the “rainbow” hair path

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Kashuno posted:

U6 Saiyans go down the SS4 path while U7 Saiyans go down the “rainbow” hair path

and gohan goes down the garbage chute

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Kashuno posted:

What does everyone think of Masako's chakra theory regarding Super Saiyan hair colors? I kind of like it and would make all these different super saiyans seem more coherent. Like the classic Super Saiyan is fueled by anger and SSJ2 and SSJ3 are basically just getting more and more pissed off but you get diminishing returns. It also happens to be the first one that Saiyans tap into because, well, Saiyans get mad easily. But you can only get so pissed off and maintain it for so long, even if you "master" it. So Super Saiyan Blue is more serene and peaceful, allowing the Saiyan to tap into greater reserves of their power becausr you dont have to stay pissed off to maintain it. But then again, doesnt SSB drain more stamina? I dont know and I forgot.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I think it's dumb.

And is only going to lead to disappointment when Toei/Toriyama do or say something else.

Also SSJ3 so completely outclasses SSJ2 and anything but Fusion and Ultimate Gohan in Z

There is no diminishing returns.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Oct 23, 2017

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Dexo posted:

I think it's dumb.

And is only going to lead to disappointment when Toei/Toriyama do or say something else.

Also SSJ3 so completely outclasses SSJ2 and anything but Fusion and Ultimate Gohan in Z

Yeah DBS will definitely go in a different direction. But I thought SSJ3 at least was diminishing returns? It drains power really fast. But then again, Goku seems to like it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This is my theory for Super Saiyan hair colours:

When the hair changes colour,

but not shape,

they can make brand new figures without making new moulds.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dexo posted:

I think it's dumb.

SSJ3 outclasses everything but has no stamina to actually last long enough against an opponent who is strong enough to need you to go SSJ3 in the first place. It's the exact same problem the in-between SSJ forms or full-power Frieza have. They are insanely strong but not in the context of an actual fight.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ImpAtom posted:

SSJ3 outclasses everything but has no stamina to actually last long enough against an opponent who is strong enough to need you to go SSJ3 in the first place. It's the exact same problem the in-between SSJ forms or full-power Frieza have. They are insanely strong but not in the context of an actual fight.

SSJ3 would work fine against opponents that can't regenerate.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Can you imagine if they could still go Oozaru and kick 90% of the fighters off the arena instantly??

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rutibex posted:

SSJ3 would work fine against opponents that can't regenerate.

SSJ3 would work find against an opponent who SSJ3 outclasses heavily. Anyone on its actual level is going to be able to outlast it because the energy drain is so high. So it's good if you want to overpower an opponent who falls somewhere above SSJ2 but below SSJ3 and worthless for anything else and there aren't a lot of opponents on that level.

Like SSJ3's one actual success is "Goku goes SSJ3 to add extra power to a punch" which seems to be what it is good for.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Trunks, as a SS2, held his own against SS3 Goku until Goku decided to go SSG for funsies.

I think a mastered SS2 would win eventually against a standard SS3 user, as I'm not sure it's been demonstrated that the stamina drain of 3 can be impeded in any way.:shrug:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ImpAtom posted:

SSJ3 would work find against an opponent who SSJ3 outclasses heavily. Anyone on its actual level is going to be able to outlast it because the energy drain is so high. So it's good if you want to overpower an opponent who falls somewhere above SSJ2 but below SSJ3 and worthless for anything else and there aren't a lot of opponents on that level.

Like SSJ3's one actual success is "Goku goes SSJ3 to add extra power to a punch" which seems to be what it is good for.

SSJ3 is basically just kaio-ken with big hair and a different colourd aura, and kaio-ken isn't useless.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Josuke Higashikata posted:

This is my theory for Super Saiyan hair colours:

When the hair changes colour,

but not shape,

they can make brand new figures without making new moulds.

True and Masako's theory is most certainly wrong. I just thought it was neat and I liked the idea of different hair colors corresponding to different emotional and mental states and levels of consciousness/

Kashuno posted:

Can you imagine if they could still go Oozaru and kick 90% of the fighters off the arena instantly??

DBS has probably already answered this question but have they explained why the U6 Saiyans dont have tails and turn Oozaru? Yes i know the actual real-life reason is because Toriyama got tired of drawing tails but I'm talking about a possible in-world reason?

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Blue Star posted:

LOL you try so hard to troll, dont you ;)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

No more of this, please, blue star.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Kashuno posted:

this would actually own really hard

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Shinjobi posted:

Trunks, as a SS2, held his own against SS3 Goku until Goku decided to go SSG for funsies.

I think a mastered SS2 would win eventually against a standard SS3 user, as I'm not sure it's been demonstrated that the stamina drain of 3 can be impeded in any way.:shrug:

The former only happened in the manga though, in the anime SS3 Goku easily beat SS2 Trunks. Nonetheless, the point stands, since Battle of Gods had SS2 Vegeta surpass SS3 Goku in power after getting a rage power up from Bulma getting hit.

SS3 is just kind of awful. That power gain is basically worthless due to the Ki consumption it carries and mastering the earlier stages is a far more useful strategy. SS3 is no different from Trunks' 3rd Grade form, even sharing the same number, the only real difference is not carrying a speed loss, otherwise they're extreme power ups that carry even more extreme downsides and are thus useless in comparison to simply mastering the previous, more efficient transformation, or gaining a greater transformation with less weaknesses.

Blue Star posted:

DBS has probably already answered this question but have they explained why the U6 Saiyans dont have tails and turn Oozaru? Yes i know the actual real-life reason is because Toriyama got tired of drawing tails but I'm talking about a possible in-world reason?

In the manga, Cabba says that the U6 Saiyan race evolved until losing their tails. Why they were able to evolve that way and the U7 Saiyans weren't is unknown, but it's likely simply because they weren't in constant war for fun and were able to live actual lives without some madman destroying their second planet and killing the rest of the race after they destroyed their first planet and likely killed an important part of their race.

The anime just has Cabba confused at Goku wondering why he doesn't have a tail, meaning that either the U6 Saiyans never had tails, or they lost them long ago, enough so that the modern Saiyans would not know about them.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I thought it was cool that Trunks spent so much time fighting mad as SSj2 that he mastered it to a level of being as potent as Goku's SSj3

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Someone brought up a good point: how's the fusion dance outfit gonna work with two girls?

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Justin_Brett posted:

Someone brought up a good point: how's the fusion dance outfit gonna work with two girls?

tube top included

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

hosed up that when two women fuse they turn into a sphere and attack primarily by rolling.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
What even is Heroes anymore? I swear they're just stealing fanart designs now.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

a cartoon duck posted:

hosed up that when two women fuse they turn into a sphere and attack primarily by rolling.

Rebrianne is so strong

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

HGH posted:

What even is Heroes anymore? I swear they're just stealing fanart designs now.

The designs mostly look pretty cool to me, even if it's called Dark Dragon Ball Full Power Super Saiyan 4 Time Breaker Broly

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Blaze Dragon posted:

In the manga, Cabba says that the U6 Saiyan race evolved until losing their tails. Why they were able to evolve that way

Humans evolved not to have tails. Why did that happen? :shrug:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Heroes has gone too far.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Heroes is so loving stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox