Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the hidden items thing was actually changed, in jp fe10 there were a lot more hidden items, or at least they were more important since half of them were master crowns

and i believe the direct command was also fixed, depending on what they mean

quote:

Some obtainable Master Crowns were removed and replaced with other items, such as Arms Scrolls.
The treasure bug was removed. Originally you could repeatedly try and obtain hidden treasures by cycling through the Direct and Cancel commands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also the extended script in fe10 doesnt really have anything super important but it has tons of characterization for micaiah and lots of cute, funny conversations so it really sucks that it got excised in localization, and that it was locked behind hard mode in the first place

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
weird. why did intsys feel the need to lock it behind hard mode?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Inflammatory posted:

weird. why did intsys feel the need to lock it behind hard mode?

Because Easy/Normal Mode is for babies.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Because if they don't then people whine that there's no reward for doing hard mode. And if they do people whine that they locked out content for large portions of their player base.

So they just follow the wisdom of the office hobo and do whatever the bottom of his bottle said.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
>not doing hardmode for your own self-satisfaction

disgusting

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Sounds like there's a lot of improvements that they can implement for Fire Emblem Echoes: Tellius Saga Complete

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

TurnipFritter posted:

Sounds like there's a lot of improvements that they can implement for Fire Emblem Echoes: Tellius Saga Complete

:pray:

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Honestly, I know RD has massive flaws, but it's still my second favorite FE. It has some very interesting ideas even if they aren't executed perfectly and I'm always down for spending more time with the POR cast.

That said, if intsys were to ask me, a foreign fan with no game development experience who has to play it on easy like a little baby, what to change, the first thing would be to add an actual support system so the RD only characters could actually have personalities and make it so both Ike and Micaiah can do the finishing blow on the final boss.

For step one.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
My step one would be to increase mage movement and speed caps to be better than loving generals

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Also give Tormod's crew like a paralogue or something

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

TurnipFritter posted:

Fire Emblem: Path to Dawn

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I want them to add pair-up, and make it so that when characters are paired up they run around on the map and start battles holding hands.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

cheetah7071 posted:

My step one would be to increase mage movement and speed caps to be better than loving generals

Also a good step one. <- the person who brought three mages into endgame and always gives Micaiah the Boots because she gets no mov increase on her promotions come on intsys she's a lord.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

here's my suggestion for fire emblem echoes lights of tellius:

Ike: I huff farts and shouldn't be in this game
Micaiah: eat rock. hehe. eat rock.
Ike: *dies*
Micaiah: Now im the only main character. well we can still have the elincia chapters i guess.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

hopeandjoy posted:

Also a good step one. <- the person who brought three mages into endgame and always gives Micaiah the Boots because she gets no mov increase on her promotions come on intsys she's a lord.

Well obviously that's because all the DB chapters after her promotion are ones you don't want to move her in anyway. And after that in part 4 you don't want to move her because she sucks and dies if something looks at her funny so she's fine on staff duty.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Fire Emblem Echoes Shadows of the Dawn would be a metal as gently caress video game name

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Endorph posted:

here's my suggestion for fire emblem echoes lights of tellius:

Ike: I huff farts and shouldn't be in this game
Micaiah: eat rock. hehe. eat rock.
Ike: *dies*
Micaiah: Now im the only main character. well we can still have the elincia chapters i guess.

Ike is my friend and I live by his ideals so

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
fool, I like Ike and Micaiah!!!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Doing the split between Ike and Micaiah on the world map like Alm and Celica so you could go back and forth between the two would do wonders for Radiant Dawn's pacing.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

mabels big day posted:

Doing the split between Ike and Micaiah on the world map like Alm and Celica so you could go back and forth between the two would do wonders for Radiant Dawn's pacing.

Echoes had kinda fucky pacing too mostly because of the split

Honestly there's no easy fix for the story. Any fix would require massive rewrites and a bunch of new maps. I hope they do it when they get there though

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
you know what they should add, a speed up button for enemy turns

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
I hope they make Radiant Shadows of the Echoes of Dawn like 77 chapters long so every part can be fully fleshed out.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

mabels big day posted:

No random encounters though.

A hypothetical do-over of Radiant Dawn would be willing to make Ike wrong on a few things. If Micaiah's basic moral dilemma were improved to make sense, Ike could be the one saying "No, this is obviously wrong," but not have a good answer for how to fix it, or be stuck in a rut of trying to fix it by kicking more asses.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Also make Micaiah less of a dumb trite cliche

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Terper posted:

I want them to add pair-up, and make it so that when characters are paired up they run around on the map and start battles holding hands.

Where's that screenshot of a POR guide that says Soren requires handholding before being a monster.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i bought the warriors game it's kinda fun even though its a musou

TheKingofSprings posted:

I hope they do that and also let me support the amiibos

:agreed:

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
You know, I feel the take away from this is that Fire Emblem is bad and maybe there was a reason they almost got canned.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Gamerofthegame posted:

You know, I feel the take away from this is that Fire Emblem is bad and maybe there was a reason they almost got canned.

nah

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Gamerofthegame posted:

They had like 0 advertising for their games outside of Smash in the west

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
How quickly we forget that Dorcas gave his life to advertise Fire Emblem

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Calaveron posted:

Also make Micaiah less of a dumb trite cliche

micaiah is cool and badass

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012
Finished the ship chapter in Sacred Stones. Maybe one of the more memorable chapters in the series, honestly.

So my goal is to eventually play all the series. I kind of want to go through the remaining games in order, but the next ones up would be Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn and... yeah. I'm curious about something - a lot of people say Shadow Dragon is one of the weaker games in the series (I'd agree, although I only played through it once on normal mode) but also highly praise New Mystery of the Emblem. What is it about FE12 that makes it highly regarded?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
You may have convinced me she's not a Mary Sue but I'm not sure you'll ever get me further than "Micaiah is a character with some cool ideas that may have become a good character if she was in a good story, but unfortunately she isn't so she isn't"

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Sir Ilpalazzo posted:

Finished the ship chapter in Sacred Stones. Maybe one of the more memorable chapters in the series, honestly.

So my goal is to eventually play all the series. I kind of want to go through the remaining games in order, but the next ones up would be Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn and... yeah. I'm curious about something - a lot of people say Shadow Dragon is one of the weaker games in the series (I'd agree, although I only played through it once on normal mode) but also highly praise New Mystery of the Emblem. What is it about FE12 that makes it highly regarded?

Outside of one specific map (which is unfortunately really early) the map design is some of the best in the series, and it added (limited) supports so you don't have half the cast having no lines other than their death line like in Shadow Dragon

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

You may have convinced me she's not a Mary Sue but I'm not sure you'll ever get me further than "Micaiah is a character with some cool ideas that may have become a good character if she was in a good story, but unfortunately she isn't so she isn't"

she's likable for the ten or eleven chapters where she actually gets to be the main character of her game. she has interesting conflicts with the people around her, a reasonable motivation, and a unique perspective on the events of Path of Radiance. unfortunately then she gets 3 chapters in part 3 and is erased by yune in part 4, but she still has a few decent conversations with Naesala. Micaiah's a good character, straight-up, she's just very underutilized and basically stops existing 1/4th of the way through the game.

edit: Also FE12 has some of the best map design in the series, some pretty good unit/enemy difficulty balance, and a decent subplot. The main plot's pretty bland and there are a bunch of random filler cavaliers and such that take away some of the shine from its unit balance, but it's still a good game. FE11's main issue, besides the obvious artstyle issues, is that its map design isnt great besides a few chapters. Wooden Cavalry is way worse than anything in Gaiden/Echoes.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Oct 23, 2017

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Basically FE12 did level design so solid, they made a pretty good escape map before that was even a real objective.
It also introduced player avatars as a unit allowing you to have one decently customized unit on the battlefield.
And most importantly of all:

Your avatar can wear an increasingly silly variety of hats throughout the game.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
FE12 chapter 22 on lunatic is one of my favorite maps in the series

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah every few chapters someone will come to you offering a new silly hat and you can take them up on it, so its just a rotating door of silly hats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

FE12 chapter 22 on lunatic is one of my favorite maps in the series
I'm a big fan of Gra's Setting Sun, Reclaim the Capital, and The Two Mages. The Mask Laughs is also a pretty unique challenge, way better use of infinitely spawning enemies than most other chapters that have tried that gimmick.