Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Popo posted:

I buy this complaint but I also kind of like it. Look at Shigiraki. He wants to be this "The truth is that justice is just the will of those with power!" anti-hero and, to me anyway, comes off as the 13 year old boy who's realised he doesn't have to listen to his dad. I might be way, way off base in how I read this character but I kind of like this idea that the series is embracing the idea of his perceived self and his actual self (something that is clearly a theme for so many other characters). In the same light Chisaki thinks himself this chess master who is brings the world of organised crime into the world of super villainy and in the end it's mundane police work from the world he thinks he's beyond that is his major downfall with the Supers just there to help apprehend him.

I'm probably giving it more credit than it's due though and it doesn't stop him from being underwhelming for the most part.

I don't think Shiggy really comes of as this guy pre-occupied with justice or whatever he's just extremely anti-All Might, due to what basically seems to be huge disillusionment with heroes and with current society. All Might is like so central to MHA's world that his 'symbol of peace' thing is basically holding it together, he's so deeply interconnected with society as a whole. And Shigaraki despises the whole thing. To me, like most things about Tomura, it's like a mirror to Deku. He was inspired to be a hero because of All Might, everything he represents is what he values and wants to be like. But All Might's whole deal and everything he represents is something Shigaraki is vehemently against and thinks is a lie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

deku inherited one for all by ingesting some of all might's dna, specifically a strand of his hair

toga ingested some of deku's blood

= ???

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

where the red fern gropes posted:

deku inherited one for all by ingesting some of all might's dna, specifically a strand of his hair

toga ingested some of deku's blood

= ???

all might explained this ages ago. all for one can only be passed on if the user wants it to be

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
And Horikoshi explained it even before that to try and put a stopper on all the blowjob jokes.

It didn't work.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Manatee Cannon posted:

all might explained this ages ago. all for one can only be passed on if the user wants it to be

Yeah, this was addressed back with Stain, who also used blood for his quirk.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Work Friend Keven posted:

Dragon ball is such an interesting case because the main character is married and has multiple children but also doesn’t seem to know what sex is.

A couple pages back, but Super made it cannon that Goku's never kissed Chi-Chi.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Neito posted:

A couple pages back, but Super made it cannon that Goku's never kissed Chi-Chi.

at this point i'm convinced that gohan was the result of mad science by bulma

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.

Slime posted:

Naw, Chi-Chi just showed Goku a sweet new wrestling style.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Being a Monday boy is good :coal:

A Bystander posted:

Honestly looking forward to Deku loving up tremendously and losing function in at least one of his limbs because of this

I think it's more likely his arms are restored so he won't have to worry about being a cripple anymore. I think it's all but confirmed too that Lemillion will be getting his powers back. As up and down as this arc has been it has produced the best moment since Deku and Bakugo cheering on All Might against AfO.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

God, Mirio's so good.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I wonder if in contrast to Mirio proving himself that Midoriya is gonna get his big "I'm here" moment out of this. He's fighting on a public street now against a gigantic monster and is about to bust out the SSJ strength.

Uravity, Froppy, and Red Riot got their big debuts as heroes and the world watching Deku blast the absolute dogshit out of a gigantic monster with All Might level strength could be fitting.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

When did Uravity and Froppy get big debuts as heroes?

Also, while Mirio is great, Lemillion is such a lovely hero name.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Ytlaya posted:

They got featured on a bunch of news websites debuting fighting two gigantified street thugs with Nejire and Ryuukyu.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

Before this raid they helped with a bad guy with the Big 3 girl.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Fabricated posted:

They got featured on a bunch of news websites debuting fighting two gigantified street thugs with Nejire and Ryuukyu.

Oh, I was thinking in terms of fighting some prominent enemy and having it be publicized (which is the context that seemed to be the case with Deku's coming fight with Overhaul).

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Slime posted:

I'm still pondering how Bulma had two children with Vegeta.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Say Nothing posted:

Very carefully.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

SpacePig posted:

Very carefully.

Pretty sure it was the exact opposite, at least with Trunks.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

TriffTshngo posted:

Pretty sure it was the exact opposite, at least with Trunks.

Yeah, the two of them bone without protection and then Vegeta fucks off to cry his way to Super Saiyan during Bulma's pregnancy.

Contrast with his behavior towards her second pregnancy, actually.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Say Nothing posted:

The gently caress's a condom?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Vegeta's a lovely dad, but he's a lovely dad who tries, in his own Saiyan way. Eventually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC1jbAnlPPo

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Some fan art.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Nitpicky as gently caress and easily fixed but this moment is honestly pretty harmed by the typesetting.

LEM-ILLION shouldn't be a thing.

Aug 24, 2011

did the animated version get to all might vs afo yet because thats the only thing im interested in seeing

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Still pretty far off, the season that just wrapped up ended just before the kids go off to the summer camp. They'll have to get through that and then Bakugo's capture first.

But yeah I'm looking forward to when they get to it, all the other big scenes so far have been worth the wait.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Common estimate puts All Might vs AfO being the big finale event of the 3rd season, assuming they do 2-cour again.

Aug 24, 2011

stories can be good but sometimes you just want to see two dudes beating the poo poo out of each other

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

PMush Perfect posted:

Common estimate puts All Might vs AfO being the big finale event of the 3rd season, assuming they do 2-cour again.
If they do 2-cour that's actually about the halfway point. If we cover the same # of chapters and get 2-cour again we'll end on the fight between Bakugou and Midoriya.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Fabricated posted:

If they do 2-cour that's actually about the halfway point. If we cover the same # of chapters and get 2-cour again we'll end on the fight between Bakugou and Midoriya.
Oh, that would actually work. They could use footage from that fight in the OP to really fake people out on the "Bakugo gets taken by the villains" thing.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

They would more than likely make an opening for each cour though.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
If I stick to the legally available translations will I always be super behind in this thread and in danger of spoilers?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you'll be a few days behind

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

also yes to the danger of spoilers thing.

Aug 24, 2011

what is the point of scanlating(?) a series that already receives english translations

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It beats the official release out by a couple of days and gets a lot of views. When the guys leaking One Piece scans were busted they'd made hundreds of thousands of dollars off advertising on the sires where those scanlations were posted.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Basically the motivation for most people reading Scanlations, in the words of Queen
"I want it all
I want it all
I want it aaaall

and I want it now"
and for free.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

where the red fern gropes posted:

what is the point of scanlating(?) a series that already receives english translations
1. It's free
2. Viz and other official translations tend to be very dry, very literal, and sometimes as hosed up as scanlations. Also for less popular series publishers can simply stop translating them or the publisher can die Tokyopop style.
3. They can be shown several days before the Japanese version hits retail, much less official English translations.

Also scanlators are insanely into dickwaving contests over translating popular series.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Also I can't buy the official scans in finland

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

VIZ is way more natural sounding translation than most fan translators. When Todoroki shows up to help against Stain is a prime example.

Fan

VIZ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Deku is Goku now, every non-teacher is expendable. Embrace the truth. Post fanart.

If you want to see more Mei or Aoyama this is it.